**Weekly Chat - 9 Oct - 15 Oct** - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 10-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #16  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok I am lost with the posts. cannot play catch up and reply to all as I am busy busy at the moment but will stay on track with the chat from now on lol.

How are things going girlies? Things are good here, my measurements are up slightly this week but my weight is about a lb down from last week YAY! Pumped about my new job still trying to get things in order.

I am trying this new thing I read about in the training for life blog...they are called "Workins" your supposed to do them for mental conditioning. This week the workkins are "I am a workout fiend, I love it" and "I like feeling hungry" You are supposed to say them when you are working out or feeling hungry. Supposedly saying them in these times will help you to actually BE THEM. I will try it...see how it goes.

Not much on tap today. Need to do housework, got a photo tonight, and need to get my cardio in. I would love to continue this downward trend.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #17  
Proud US Navy Wife

Happy tuesday everyone!

Today is pretty OP for me... Im making lasagna for dinner, and it's pretty low-cal (we did our best with the shopping!) but I did cheat and steal some tastes while I was putting it together.. as well as eating the leftover cheese! Thankfully there wasn't a lot.. but I took out insurance against that today, by doing double cardio and being super careful with my cardio the rest of the day.

I had a NSV today... my boyfriend has a habit of cracking my back by hugging me just under my arms and pulling up quickly. Today he did that, then put his arms down lower and picked me up! I, as you can imagine, have a fear of being picked up, because I know I'll hurt the person who's doing it. So after carrying me around for a few seconds (with me screaming "put me down before you give yourself a hernia!") he sets me down and tells me I feel lighter! *happy dance*

And on a random note: i am watching Riverdance.. and let me tell you, there is some inspiration right there! I love this kind of thing.. and watching some of the amazing things the women on there can do, and how beautiful they look.. well, I know I can't dance like that, but I wish I was just a little mroe coordinated! (Im much more envious of the Riverdance Singers but.. that's different)

Tomorrow it's back to work for me, and then hopefully some working out after. Ahh, I love days off.

Stephie - come on, wake up lady!

mpt - sounds like a good plan!

Megan - I'm glad you had fun.. now is the time to get back on track! I know you can do it. Don't worry about the weekend, thats past and done, just think about now!

Stacy - *hugs* I hope everything starts looking up soon. Im sure it will!

Dolly - sorry to hear about that.. but you're allowed to splurge once and a while! Don't sweat it.

Cookie - Binging is hard to break.. I know! Instead of being mad at yourself, be proud you held out as long as you did.

There are probably other replies I wanted to say, but... the music is calling me, and I have to go watch the prettiness in awe...
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #18  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

morning ladies

horrible wet and rainy morning here. the roads were horrible and i nearly had a driver spin across the median strip onto my side of the highway - he completely spun out. got my heart racing.

i have been wallowing in self pity for the past two days and have not exercised. eating has been good (could be better) but no exercise. on the plus side i had my chiro check up yesterday and i am now to go every 3 weeks for an adjustment instead of every 2. i can't help but think that my yoga has helped to keep me in line.

i am feeling a little more like myself this morning, now having my ritual green tea. i ran out and kept forgetting to get more. it is called Marrakech and is green tea with peppermint leaves and mint essence. so refreshing and it takes that bitterness away from the green tea.

britomart - i have two dvd's i use for yoga. they are both by geri halliwell with katy appleton. they are two different formats and the first one is longer and a little more comprehensive, but my flavour of the month is the 2nd dvd, Geri Body Yoga.

Here is a link to Katy's site. The blue cover is the 2nd DVD Geri Body Yoga and the beige cover is the 1st - Geri Yoga. I have had them for a few years now, but have really only just started to use them regularly. they are great for beginners, but Katy pushes Geri into more advanced poses so you can see the progression and move through it easily. Also both dvd's have another person there doing the basic version. The yoga itself is a blend of Ashtanga and Vinyasa (both under the umbrella of Hatha). Both dvd's also have a "chill" session at the end where katy takes you through meditation.

Happy to answer any more questions you have i hope this helps
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:46 AM   #19  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ladies,

Ok, I've been behaving much better since my confessional post Monday morning. New inspiration: cute new gym employee in the afternoon who flirts with me. I love my BF but it's nice to look every once in a while. Anyway TOM left and I magically lost 5 pounds. I know we've all had this conversation many times, but once again I am amazed at the loss - I'm always horrified at the gain, and never believe it's water. Anyway I still gained several pounds last week, but I'm on a good kick again. I'm trying to make it last.

I just started rehearsals 3-4 nights/week for a new play (local community theater), which is a good thing. Since I leave the house at 7:15 AM and get home at 8 PM, I plan/bring 3 healthy meals with me and my gym clothes, and tend to stick to my workout schedule better. In the past plays have been good for my waistline.

stacylambert, I hope your dog is ok. It is natural for their behavior to change as they get older, but I hope it's not more serious. And I'm sure your Mom will appreciate a good talk on the phone and a card or gift, and understand if you're not there.

Dolly, good job resisting the wings!

CookieMonster416, hey, we've all been there. Eating when not hungry, overating too much junk food...yeah. It's done, it's over with. Don't beat yourself up too much, and get back on track. Maybe next time suggest a restaurant you know has healthy options, and explain to your Mom that you've been successful and being healthier and don't want to break your streak.

britomart, sounds like life is tough right now. Hang in there!

Canadian_Mickey, take sutafed! And DayQuill! I am so much right now I probably shouldn't be allowed to drive.

FaeReverie, nice NSV!

Daisy Boo, thank goodness you weren't hurt. Yay for yoga! It can certainly give you a workout.

stephiewilliams, I like the "I am a workout fiend, I love it", but I don't know about "I like feeling hungry"...let me know how that goes...hehe.

Happy hump day ladies!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:14 AM   #20  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok gym did not happen. Eating well happened but then was foiled at dinner time. You know the infamous they say that if you skip breakfast you are more likely to overeat at dinner. I would bet that this is right on lol.

I am so stressed. Too much to do, one weekend until I leave town for work. I know I need to get the house pretty much 'show new renters not have to clean as much when I pack up and move' clean. After working 60 hours a week then driving 3 hours to get back to this town the last thing I am going to want to do is clean. Why do I put things off?

Working the at home today. No photo tonight but there are a couple of new tv shows coming on. I think I will do my chores while watching them. I am trying for getting to the gym before dinner but after working *fingers crossed*

fae - Great nsv, don't you just love it when men notice, they never notice anything!

Daisy - I keep saying that I will get that dvd, you know I would have to order it from the UK if I bought it on ebay...we must not have discovered it in the US as of yet lol.

Megan - Yeah I guess the "I like being hungry" is just to get you to only eat when you are truly hungry. Dunno we will see. What kind of play are you going to be in? Sounds fun!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:37 AM   #21  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies! Well ive been kinda busy the last couple days and then was having computer problems yesterday so i havent been able to post. But since the last time i posted im down 2 lbs! i was 214.4 this morning which makes me very happy. ANd thats without even going for a walk the last 2 days. The meds im on have really decreased my appetite ALOT so im not constantly wanting to munch on things. Im really glad ive been able to stick to my diet. And i havent been keeping alot of snacks and stuff in the house, besides pretzels and things like that. I find myself eating apples for snacks and things like that. Right now were gettin low on food again, but payday is friday so ill get to go fill my fridge with more healthy goodies! I hope everyones doing great! i know im feeling fantastic today :-D
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:42 PM   #22  
Goodbye Fat!

It's Wednesday and I can't wait until Friday. My boss is going out of town on business for the next week and a half. I think he is including this on his vacations. Anyway that means that basically I have nothing to do. What am I going to do with myself...probably read a good book and post on 3FC! Had a good workout on the treadmill today and will probably take the dogs for a walk this evening.

marineswife: Glad to hear you are feeling better...no more headaches?

stephanie: I know what you mean, I need to clean my house from top to bottom, but I have no motivation to do it....it's only going to get dirty again right

megan: You are one busy girl...what play is it?

daisyboo: do some yoga tonight...you know you want to!

fae: I can understand about the fear of other people picking you up. Way to go on the NSV!!!!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:40 PM   #23  

Hey girls! Well since my terrible Saturday and Sunday binge I have been an angel in the eating and working out department, but I'm scared to weigh myself. I am not exactuly sure what I weight before the binge; however, I feel like if I weight myself now and I am a really high number I will be depressed ALL day at work. I know I've gained a lot of weight since I started my new job... I just don't know how to lose it. I feel like over the week I have been good but then those oh so terrible weekends. 1 step at a time I guess. Goal #1: NO BINGING ON WEEKENDS!!!
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #24  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Dolly- Yeah i havent had a headache in a few days *knocks on wood*. Its been very nice.

Cookie- Theres some willpower dust for you hehe. now keep on track!

Ugh, just got done cleaning downstairs.. Both my sinks were full of dishes so i had to do all those (its amazing what accumulates over one day...) And i havent vaccumed in a while (soo not like me.. i usually do it every couple days at least) so i did a really good job using the hose int he corners and all that. Picked up the kids toys that were EVERYWHERE.. and man i feel like i got a workout from all that.. And im still going to have 3 loads of laundry to fold this afternoon. But atleast my house is starting to look a bit better. hehe
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #25  
here I go again...

Wow Dollypie!!! So many times I've been on the losing end of that battle! Good job!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:55 PM   #26  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hey all!

Today was sort of unproductive. I chased 20 kids this morning for 4 hours, and it was crazy! I'm so glad that's only every two weeks. I was completely exhausted! I came home and fell asleep on the couch, and just woke up. I am just getting over a cold or something...

My eating has consisted of jello and a few crackers...lots of herbal tea! Yay me! LOL!

Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #27  

Eeech be careful Amanda! Usually when I get as crazy/hectic/not enough time to really eat anything it leads to a binge at night. Make sure you have a healthy but filling dinner. Since you really haven't had ANY protein maybe have 2 portions of meat (a big sirloin or chicken breast) for dinner.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

I have a question for any of you computer girlies: Do any of you use Director MX? And if so do you know how to do rollovers? I'm having trouble with the mouseLeave script and would love some help!

In other news I'm SICK! I started to feel it last night and today I just feel like crap. Hopefully it doesn't end up being full blown flu or something.

On the bright side, I have zero appetite. Looks like I'll at least lose some weight this week
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:51 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

This week hasn't been amazing for me, working out or eating. Eh... I don't want to really go into details about it, but hopefully it'll get better... Good JOB Girlies doing greaeaaat! You girls are my inspiration!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:37 PM   #30  
Proud US Navy Wife

Checking in.. today was good. I didn't eat really at all during the day for some reason.. so I made up for it by eating 2 servings of brown rice with dinner tonight instead of one. Haha who would have thought I would ever be concerned about eating too little? I also treated myself by drinking my favorite drink in the world... Arizona Asia Plum Green tea. *dies* A reward for being good lately... Plus the whole bottle only has like 170 calories, something I really can afford.

Daisy - I know how that is.. I felt the same way when I got back from PA! My best advice is to make yourself exercise.. after a day or 2 of steady exercise, you'll start feeling good again.. at least it helped me!

Megan - Ive done a lot of community theater, so I know what you mean? What play is it.. is it a musical? All the plays I have done were musicals, and let me tell you.. choreography rehearsals are a great workout! Plus just rehearsals in general (imagine me in huge platforms rehearsing for The Rocky Horror Show, I found some muscles I didnt even know I had, the choreography was demanding. Have fun with the play, let me know how it's going!

Stephie *hugs* I'm sorry about all the stress.

Maries - congrats on the loss!

Hehe dolly... wish I could relax at work like that! Ahh, the horrors of retail.

Micky - ew. Take a bubble bath.. and make sure to eat a good dinner!

Stacy - never heard of it, sorry...

Dreamer - sorry to hear it hasn't been going well.. hopefully it will get better!

Off I go... Till next time, ladies!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote