Old 01-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #31  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

I was pretty bad this weekend myself. I havn't gone to the gym since Thursday b/c Allen is still sick and I didn't want ot put him the childcare room with all those other germy kids. Then I went out on Saturday night with a group and drank way too much! I felt like crap pretty much all day Sunday and then we had a holiday party at DH's work place. I tried to eat good, I had brocolli (with dip) and a croisant sandwich with roast beef. But the croisant was so good that I ate 2 more of them after that! EEP! Al that bread. I love bread!
I have a cold, Mark has a cold . . . and of corse Allen is still sick, so we are one fun group to be around. Not a dry nose in the house! (ha, that's funny b/c even the dog has a wet nose!)
Holy crap! I was just standing in the kitchen and got this terrible terrible horible pain in my lower back, left side. Mark practically had to carry be back to my chair!!!
Allensmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:34 PM   #32  

Good morning, and happy monday!

The weekend went well. I'm not sure how many of you play it, but I got in some good World of warcraft time this weekend, got into some high level goodness. I gotta say, I love that game <3

Spent some time with my boy as well, watched some football (Go pats!) and got some good stuff at the grocery store. Looking forward to a good week. ^.^
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #33  
Movin' and Losin'

Jenicra: I'm so sorry.

Well, it's time for me to get back to it. I took WAY too long of break for the holidays. We've had guests here since Dec. 23 (different guests), and that makes it hard because they are all eating as they please, wanting to go out to try all the restaurants. I don't blame them. I like to do that on vacation, too. But, boy, did it wreak havoc on my weight and healthy habits! The guests are all gone now, so it's time to get really serious.

Unfortunately, my weight is up, but that's to be expected. I'm actually up four pounds.

Thanks goodness I was able to take my walk at lunch today, and I'll hit the gym after work. Also, softball has started back up so we had practice on Sunday, and our first game is on Friday. I can take all the extra exercise I can get!

Hope you all have a healthy week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #34  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Hey Ladies,

I just wanted to check in and say that I probably won't be able to check in here much this week. I am going to be in a week long training session and won't be around much. Just wanted to let you guys know that I went to the gym 4 days in a row and I'm on track to meeting my mini goal this month. Unfortunately I won't be able to go to the gym today or tomorrow due to working 13 hour days, but will definitely get back in there on Wednesday. I'll check back in later on in the week when I have time. I wish everyone an OP week!!!! We can do this

Last edited by mocha74; 01-09-2006 at 03:14 PM.
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #35  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Wow this place is jumping today! Sounds like everybody's got a case of the Mondays... (that's for all you girls out there who've seen Office Space).

Paperclippy - it's good to hear from you again. That wrist thing really sucks. My mom had the surgery for Carpal Tunnel (both wrists) a few years ago. she said it helped, but it certainly didn't put her at 100%. Is your problem anything like that?

I'm still not feeling 100% but I've decided to go to suck it up and go to the gym today anyway.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #36  

Hi everyone,

School started today- I'm in nursing, so we had a clinical orientation at 7am...not fun. It felt like the middle of the night driving to school.
Lastnight I got a black eye- I have a baseball bat I use to hold my huge 12 foot window up (I live in an old awesome brick building with huge ceilings) and I had the bat propped up against the wall on my bed...my boyfriend bumped it in the middle of the night and it tipped over...and the handle of the bat hit my face- about 1/2 inch from my eyeball...I have a cool shiner though!
My boyfriend told me I look like I have lost weight! Very thrilling! I dont feel like I have, but I have been lifting weights so maybe I have lost more fat than I think...
Have a good day everyone!!!
Julie
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:20 PM   #37  

Hi guys!

Ahhh, another sucky food weekend. Damn Christmas was SOO the domino effect. Anyhow, today is the first day of writing food down again, so at least I will be aware.

In life news however I start back tomorrow with the second half of my school counseling internship and class. I only have two this semester and one is online, but I also have to complete my master's project and paper.

Generally I just feel really down about it all. I have been so excited to do all this, but I just can't get back into it. I was actually supposed to start back today but I just couldn't. Usually after a long break I feel so antsy and want to get back into things, but right now, I really don't. I'm doing my project in February which is a 4 lesson classroom guidance unit on body image/self-acceptance to 9th graders and I'm so nervous I'm sick, ALREADY. I think it's more that I don't know what to expect- I've never been much of a public speaker.

Well, boyfriend goes home (about 2 hours away) tomorrow and I'll TRY to get serious about school for a little while. And I WILL get serious about what I eat.

Thanks for letting me vent ladies.
AndreaHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #38  
Haley

Hey everyone! I've been kind of taking a break from working out and am going to get back to it today. I haven't gained anything because I've been watching my eating, which I'm happy about.

I moved into my first apartment on Saturday and now I'm able to cook whatever I want to. It's awesome! I think I'm going to plan to work out 45 minutes, 4 times a week and do strength training every other day. I definitely need to make sure I stick to that and not let myself give excuses not to go.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #39  

Hey guys...I'm a newbie here and I figured I'd find somewhere to post something. I'm 22 and have recently been battling the "self esteem issue." Pretty much started after spring semester of my last year in college. Yeah I was a lush and wasn't taking care of myself. But now I've decided I don't wanna feel bad about myself anymore. Especially since my friends and family are starting to notice a change in my attitude. Never experienced anything like this before....usually I'm the girl that LOVES to go out and have a great time but lately I just want to sit home in my comfort zone. But that is to be no more.....I want the old me back! So this is where I'm starting!!! I figured maybe if I could gain some motivation and encouragement from people who are experiencing the same thing. Glad I found this site!!

As of Sunday, 1/8, I have a goal and I'm gonna make it happen!! I want to eat better and be more active. I absolutely love going to the gym, but we all know the first couple times its soooooooooooo hard!! I went yesterday, had a good eating day today and am going to the gym in about an hour. My goal is 150 b/c I know that is a good weight for my frame. We'll see after I meet that goal...

Hope everyone had a great day!!! Keep going!! I know you can do it!!!
sunnybeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #40  

Way to go SunnyBeaches! It is hard going to the gym...for me its just GETTING THERE...then I am fine,and I am so happy I went. You'll reach your goals!
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #41  

sunnybeaches i know you can do it! i am actually in my second semester of senior year at college and am already in a funk. i am sick of trying to find a job, find an apartment, think about graduating that it just makes me want to eat away my troubles. so far i have not done that... but it's gonna be a stressful semester
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:20 PM   #42  

Oh Cookie Monster, I TOTALLY hear you!! I graduate in May too, and I already feel overwhelmed and semester started today!! Adding the job search and knowing my lease is up about a week after graduation is not helping either! haha

You know what though, at least it's only 4 and a half months... Let's just hope we don't worry them all away...
AndreaHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:55 PM   #43  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

well, today was supposed to be an "off" day from working out (so says the schedule given) but i hate having a day off. it throws me completely off balance and i feel sooooo lazy. so even though my body was aching a bit, i did a baby workout anyway while the kids were napping. i'm wanting to do another one when they go to sleep for the night. i refuse to fall off the wagon this time around
jas80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #44  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Welcome sunnybeaches!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:27 PM   #45  

hey guys...thanks for responding....good luck to everyone on their goals...

CookieMonster and AndreaHope....I'm a recent college graduate and it's definitely a little stressful going through that whole school thing. I def went through it except for I just got a little crazy when I had three classes a week my last semester. don't get me wrong i loved it but definitely regret gaining all this weight back. My advice to you guys is just take it a day at a time. Thats what I like to remind myself. One day at a time. Don't look too far in the future b/c you end up worrying about wayyyyyyy too much!! Just take things as they come. Things always end up working out and if it doesn't it just wasn't meant to be.

Just a little journal before bed...this whole journal thing makes me feel a little better, shoulda tried it earlier. Went the the gym...had a good hard leg workout (which I will be regretting tomorrow) and pushed myself to do cardio even though I didn't want to. Came home and ate an apple, and a few nibbles of chicken I was cooking for this week's lunch/dinners. I'm proud of myself b/c I made a chicken salad (that looks delicious) for dinner to bring to work for tomorrow night. It's a planned working late day and I know they will order dinner. Someting like pizza or subs or something veeeerrrrrrry tempting. A small step but I'm proud. Ok well after that longgggggg journal...SORRY....

I hope everyone's night is wonderful...Don't forget to eat healthy tomorrow and try to do something active, even if its just walking a few extra times around the office or school.
sunnybeaches is offline   Reply With Quote