Old 11-28-2005, 10:38 PM   #16  
Melting Butter

I absolutely love how everyone is so truthful and real about the things they go through. It's nice to know other people have the same issues I do. The same faults and at the same time the same goals.

Of course I realized this when I joined the board...but the weekly chats always remind me that I'm not alone in this.

Hugs to everybody!

too!
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:53 AM   #17  
12 pounds lost in 2006

I did pretty well all of last week. I even lost around a half a pound after Thanksgiving. Then Saturday came and I went out with my friends to celebrate my b-day. I ordered a salad at the restaurant and then I drank wayyyy too much at the bar and the club. The next morning (my b-day) I didn't feel too good. DUUUUHHH I think drinking too many long islands will do that So for the first half of the day I was in the bed. Then my bf made me go out with him so we walked the dog over by our old apartment. When I came home my friends had decorated the whole house and jumped out and surprised me. It was great. However, my bf and them had planned this big feast of turkey, hot dogs, chicken, hamburgers, appetizers and icecream cake!!! Oh I ate and didn't even care, however I did have a tiny slice of cake. And you know what. I didn't gain a thing!!!! It was amazing. I thought for sure I was going to go up in weight. I'm so happy and ready to start the week off.

Jenna - You are so right about this being a new week. I think that is the one thing that we can't forget. No matter if we ate on plan and exercised or totally ate whatever came in sight. It is a new day and a new week and TODAY is always a good day to continue on and remember the goals.

Happy Monday everyone!!!
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:08 AM   #18  
Chuggin' along...

Confession time: I ate HORRIBLY yesterday!!! I had cookies for breakfast...a few more for lunch...didn't get enough veggies...pigged out on pasta and ice cream at dinner. I ate almost 2400 calories! I went for a walk at lunch but only for 25 minutes, and it poured and thunderstormed all night so I didn't work out after work besides a halfhearted weights session in front of the TV. I used the weather, PMS, and the fact that "I'd already eaten badly for several days" as an excuse. I am so mad at myself. For months I've felt so out of control. I lost all this weight but can't seem to keep it off. Even when I know I'm going to eat in an hour, or go meet BF for dinner, etc., I eat anyway - even if I'm not hungry.

The pasta leftovers, ice cream, etc. are out of my house. I bought a bunch of fruit, veggies, yogurt, etc. at the grocery store yesterday. I've eaten a healthy breakfast so far. I'm trying to get back on the wagon...

Mocha and Paperclippy, good job(s)!

Christy, the winter light changes/weather always screw with my exercise routine. What a great idea to start a walking club with other people.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:25 AM   #19  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1982
and the fact that "I'd already eaten badly for several days" as an excuse.
Ugh, I do this ALL the time! Why is it that we think 2 or 3 days of bad eating entitles us to make it 4 or 5?! It's so difficult to overcome...like yesterday, after the weekend of horrible eating, I seriously contemplated getting pizza from the cafeteria for lunch instead of the oatmeal I brought. WHY?! I ended up not bringing any money with me to the cafeteria to keep myself honest, but still, I normallywouldn't even have considered pizza for lunch on a Monday, but having had a 4-day stretch of being off plan, it almost seemed okay. I think we are all just a little insane sometimes
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:46 AM   #20  

When I start eating a lot I do it for about a week, and seriously it's disgusting I am eating at every second trying to get in as much food as possible, and then when I try on my pants and they are way too tight I have that "oh ****" moment and try and get back on the wagon. Although it's a little frustrating... feels like all that work before was for nothing. But then I tell myself the 5 pounds I gained over the week will be easier to lose than if I keep up this way and gain 10.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:54 AM   #21  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I'm ready for a December Challenge...although I'm still going to finish out November strong.

What do you girls think?

Let's try & come up with a really cute Name for it.

kind of Like the gobble gobble thanksgiving challenge.

How abouts...

Jingle bells, Jingle fat rolls all the way off!

ok, maybe not, but you get the idea. Have a great day everyone!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:06 PM   #22  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Spill- I like your name for the December challege!!!

Ok I have a sort of rant: (Little background: I'm a certified personal trainer and a nutrition major, have worked in several gyms). I had an interview last Monday at a Nutrition store. I know that I am more than qualified for it and the guy said he'd call the next day and seemed very impressed with my resume. He never called and I know it's because he didn't think I looked the part, I could tell by the way he looked me up and down when I walked in with a weird look on his face. I applied at a gym for a receptionist position and they called me yesterday for an interview and said "You're interested in receptionist or personal trainer right" and I said yes. I am not though, I am not ready to start training again, I am still too self conscious, plus now I am terrified of being made to feel like some fat cow reject whose not good enough to work at some lame place. I don't even want to go! I hate to be made to feel like I am not good enough just because I am still a little over weight. I think I look pretty good! Ok that's it. I have to decide with in the next couple minutes if I am going to go or not. There's part of me that wants to spare myself the humiliation of potential rejection and there's part of me that wants to go because I am proud of my accomplishments so far and I could give a crap about what they think. Ugh, I really don't know what to do.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:19 PM   #23  
Living the Laguna life...

Stephanie, don't let your body image keep you from getting a great job! You sound soooo qualified for a position as a personal trainer, there is no doubt you will get an offer from this place. There are tons of personal trainers at my gym, guys and girls, and they are definitely NOT a bunch of waifs! I admire them SO much...I would give pretty much anything to be a trainer, it looks like such an awesome job. So consider yourself lucky, missy! People at the gym are not going to notice that you have 10 or 15 pounds to lose (in your eyes, anyway)...they are too worried about what they look like! Also, I am sure you will have lots of clients that want a trainer that looks "real" and not some barbie doll. Trust me, having a trainer with an absolutely ridiculous body is intimidating, not inspiring Please, please, please go to the interview...I need to live vicariously through someone!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #24  
Movin' and Losin'

Ugh. I think like some of the rest of you I decided to have a food fest for the vacation days over Thanksgiving. Thank goodness I got back on track yesterday. It was really getting out of control!

I have been busy moving the last week or so, too, so I tend to assure myself that it's OK to have fast food because I'm busy or because I deserve it because of all the hard work I've been doing. Why do I think like that? Argh.

Oh, and I'm moving in with my BF. I know quite a few of you ladies live with your BFs, so I've got some questions for you: How did your family react to it? Friends? Were they all accepting of it? Do they pressure you to get married? I really haven't told too many people so far, but some people I'm dreading telling. Anyway, I'm so excited and so far I love it!

Well, I hope all of you are recovering from the holidays, and we can get back on track! Let's lose this weight!

Hope you all have a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #25  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, Stephanie, I bet some of it is all in your head! I can't imagine that 163 on a 5'6" frame even looks very overweight at all! I think you might be so self-conscious that you are assuming the worst (a problem I think many of us face). Maybe you should call the nutrition store back and ask if the position has been filled yet since you have such an impressive resume. And you should DEFINITELY go to your next interview! I agree that training with Barbie can be very intimidating. OR, if you're really not feeling quite up to training right now, try to show more of an interest in the receptionist position while you're there. That way, even if you get just the receptionist job, you'll have your foot in the door so when you do feel comfortable training again, you'll have the contacts and won't have to search so hard for a job, right?
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:08 PM   #26  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Stephanie: I would go for it! and ditto all of what Jill said. You can do it, the only thing that keeps us from achieving things that we want in life is FEAR. Just do it! You know you want to! You have us here as a support team...so go Stephanie, you've worked hard enough to become a trainer..now all you have to do is train! Do it, do it!

Jdogg: you crack me up. Actually my bf just moved in w/ me last month and I love it to. We actually get to see one another now. This is my second time though to shack up witha a bf and I'm determined to make this go around end a lot better. My family is not in agreement with living together before marriage, but they don't hassle me about it. I just think everyone has to decide for themselves if its a step they want to take or not...it's your life, live it the way you want. Life is to short. Just do it...

Man, you'd think I work for Nike or something...just do it!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:25 PM   #27  

Stephanie- have you seen the biggest loser? I mean I don't know what you look like since I am unfortunately not 5'6 so I can't compare (I wish though). However, Dr. Jeff said he was inspired to get in shape and be a good example for his patients. You should try and watch a few episodes or the finale tonight and listen to what he has to say. I think you would find it very intersting.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:45 PM   #28  
Chuggin' along...

Spillthebeans, a December challenge sounds great! So I only lost 6 of my 10-lb Thanksgiving challenge (at least it's 6 and not 0!) I'm going to try and lose the next 4 by Christmas. Or, by the 22, when I leave for my parents, so that's the last day I'll have access to my scale.

Stephanie, I agree with what everyone else has said! You should just go for it. Keep applying, show your enthusiasm and experience. And like Jill said, if you really don't feel comfortable as a personal trainer the receptionist job would be an excellent foot in the door. Good luck!

I'm sitting here with 20 minutes left of work, and I just finished writing an article which was my "project" for the day. So what should I do? Oh I took a cue from Spillthebeans and wrote a little holiday weight loss jingle, to be sung to the theme of Frosty the Snowman:

Megan the chubby girl,
Had some pounds to lose they’d say
And she moved down south
After college let out
And she lost a bit that way

Now Megan was hungry
And she ate some snacks it’s true
And a moment on the lips
Proved a lifetime on the hips
And she gained back some flubber that way

Flumpety flub blub
Flumpety flub blub
Look at that fat roll!
Flumpety flub blub
Flumpety flub blub
All those sweets and booze will take their toll!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:46 PM   #29  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Jina – I moved in with my bf around 2 and a half years ago. At the time, we had only been together 6 months. I didn’t tell my parents until 2 weeks before I was going to move in with him LOL. My dad is a minister so I assumed he was going to freak. They were actually pretty okay with it (well they made it seem like they were okay). My mom gave us 6 months and thought we would break up. She was wrong! We are still together and are almost going on our 3rd anniversary in February. The friends were a little skeptical especially since this was my first time moving out of my parents home. I guess there is not much people can say. I was 22 at the time. I had gotten my degree, had a job to afford to move and am known for being good with my money as well as good with making decisions. If you know it’s the right decision for you then go for it and don’t worry about what others think!!! There is no pressure to get married, however when my grandma came down a few months ago. She pulled my bf aside and told him to let her know when we were going to get married so she could fly down. Okay so maybe that’s pressure LOL People always make comments about when we are going to get married but I don’t let it bother me. marriage is the farthest thing from both of our minds. Good luck!!!!!!!

Stephanie – I hope you went on that job interview. Don’t let people intimidate you. You are worth more than that. I hope you went to that interview with your head held high. If they don’t hire you because of how you look then why would you want to work there anyways?!?!? If you’re more than qualified then go in there and show them!!!! Good luck!
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #30  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Default damage control

I did o.k on Thanksgiving Day. I was inundated with triggers and made bad decisions from then until yesterday but I forgive myself and have started damage control. It's amazing how food is like a family memember and I take such comfort in it. My grandfather passed away the day before Thanksgiving and for 5 days I ate only donuts, pizza, subs, and caloric beverages. The binge is over and I do not feel defeated. I am going to Curves tonight and will weigh myself, though I want desperately to hold off on that for a week or so. I will face the music and not let those 6 days sabotage 2 months of very hard work. Provided there are no other family crises, I am beginning to formulate a plan of attack for the upcoming holidays.

Reading your "confessions" helped me be o.k with my weakness. It was very human of me. But now it's time to be strong, on so many levels. Rock on girls! I'm thinking of you as I chug glass after glass of water to flush away the ickies....

~jess~
JLynne126 is offline   Reply With Quote