Old 11-09-2005, 08:48 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Maja, don't beat yourself up...just get back on track and take it slowly. You don't want another injury! Good luck.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:06 AM   #32  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster416
Have you ever been doing really good, and then suddenly like a lightning bolt you questioned why you were trying so hard... why you weren't good enough just as you are?
Oh, honey, every day! And it's not only with weight loss but pretty much every aspect of life. Why do I try so hard to eat right, lose weight, do well at work, earn more money, clean the apartment, cook dinner, make Jeff happy, keep in touch with old friends, keep up with new friends...I could list a million things!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:08 AM   #33  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hope everyone here is making lots of plans for Christmas!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:49 AM   #34  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster416
SO...
Have you ever been doing really good, and then suddenly like a lightning bolt you questioned why you were trying so hard... why you weren't good enough just as you are?
Jenna, I feel that way all the time! I think everyone here can relate! That's one of the things that has always been so hard to me about weight loss/a healthier lifestyle. Why should it matter how much I weigh, and what I look like? Isn't it what's on the inside that counts? People should love me for me, not what I look like. But I think it's an issue of self-acceptance, not what others think. For me it's not about having a good looking body, but a strong one, that makes me a better person, because being more in touch with my body helps me get more in touch with my mental/emotional well-being. And being in better health helps me be a happier person. I think my happiness is reflected in how I treat others, and my attitude in general.

So I have moments when I think exactly what you said. And sometimes I slip and I go ahead and eat the cookie or cake or chips or just have the extra snack or serving. But the next day, or the next week, or whenever, I come back to what I think above. That's not what I truly want for myself.

Have you ever read one of those articles (I've read several about the topic from various sources) about how when they poll women who are overweight, or have lost weight, a common theme is that they say they don't have time to take care of themselves because they're so busy taking care of everyone else. I spent so much of my adolescence pleasing my parents by getting good grades and being active in every extracurricular possible, beyond what I could handle, being a 'therapist' for friends, and generally a doormat for the world, and at the end of it all I was miserable and unhealthy. I was always trying so hard to be good enough for everyone else that I ended up failing my own body. But I think (I hope?) I'm a better person now. I'm much happier and being healthier contributes to that.

Sorry to go off on a tangent - does that make any sense? See, another personal therapy session

trnsfrmnreplace, I second that - you don't want to risk another injury. Then where would your workout regime be? You know it's just a little break, not a stopping of all exercise (that wasn't the best wording - coffee hasn't kicked in - but you know what I mean).

Happy hump day ladies!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:03 AM   #35  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1982
I spent so much of my adolescence pleasing my parents by getting good grades and being active in every extracurricular possible, beyond what I could handle, being a 'therapist' for friends, and generally a doormat for the world, and at the end of it all I was miserable and unhealthy. I was always trying so hard to be good enough for everyone else that I ended up failing my own body. But I think (I hope?) I'm a better person now. I'm much happier and being healthier contributes to that.
You just described my life! National Honor Society, drama club, softball, choir, madrigals, service corps, French club, writers collective...jeez, I can't even remember all the things I did when I was in high school--who knows how I made time for it all? No wonder eating healthy and exercising was last on my list!

I actually still have a problem with this sometimes. I am always trying to make sure eveyrone else is happy, and it sometimes happens that in order to do so, I have to push my personal priorities back, ya know? I sometimes think I work too hard for other people, but it's a hard habit to break!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #36  
Mikey's girl

h..h..ha...ha..happy hump day!!! Its a great chilly day! I dont know whyI am sooo awake, the storm keept me up all night, and I wa late getting tot he gym but I did make it!! Hope everyone is having a better week!
Jenna~ congrats on not caving in.. that is soo hard to avoid..
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:43 AM   #37  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I made it up again today, and Im down 1.5 lbs in less than a week! I think these two a days and cutting out a lot of my bad eating habits is already making a difference. Wow, it's nice to lose again...I've been at a plateau for over six months. I was really starting to get discouraged...

I decided that I'm not going to give up, and that I have to make a change. I think boot camp class is kicking my butt to!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:41 PM   #38  
Movin' and Losin'

Great job, Spill! Congrats!

We can kick this 170 thing! I made it to the gym twice yesterday, too. Hopefully, that will help me out as well. I can't wait to report a loss!

Keep it up!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:39 PM   #39  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Jenna-- awesome job resisting temptation!! And good for you for recognizing that you wanted to eat junk food because you were stressed out. That is a huuuuge step. Sometime we just have to feel stressed and crappy instead of numbing ourselves with food and it hurts, but its gotta happen.

trnsfrm - Try not to beat yourself up, especially over having to slow down a little because of an injury. Hopefully things will get better soon!!

spillthebeans - Good job on the loss! I wish I could take a bootcamp class, although I'm not sure I'm up to that level yet.

I'm wearing the pants that were my first goal today to remind me to make good choices. They are corderoy and they don`t stretch at all, so they are still pretty fitted.

Hopefully I will get off work in time to go to sculpting class and then get in some cardio before I have to come home and study.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:55 PM   #40  

Hello Everyone
My name is Alicia I am 22 and I am new to this forum I posted a note on the OA forum I also wanted to start writting on this forum. I have done weight watchers before and loved and found real results with it, I never thought of it as a diet, but have a severe over eating disorder so I then I couldn't keep it under control, TODAY I can and will , because I lost 48 pounds 2 years ago and am devoted to staying on track. So anyway just dropping a line to everyone

Last edited by Ally11383; 11-09-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Ally11383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #41  
2blessed2Bstressed

Jdogg: Congrats on the two a day workout! I'm proud of you! You should be proud of yourself...your kicking butt again!

Lizzie, thanks for the congrats, I'm pretty sure you can do boot camp to. Believe me I'm not up to that level either, I'm usually the last person to finish at everything, and I look like I just jumped into a pool of sweat after the class, my hair is all wet, and sweat is dripping out of every pore..I look like I just got the crap beaten out of me! while others in that class look like they just stepped out of a SHAPE magazine cover! I am determined to eventually work my way for Boot Camp to be not such a challenge.....but it's going to take a lot of time! I had to start somewhere though!
Sounds like you are enjoying your classes...and that's how I started! Good Job to you also! Keep it up!

Ally, welcome to the boards. Feel free to jump in on any of the threads!

Last edited by spillthebeans; 11-09-2005 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:23 PM   #42  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Thank you girls! I needed the support.

I have a question for you all. I've become somewhat of an insomniac recently and it's really getting in the way of getting my exercise in as well. What do you all do to fall asleep when you can't. [other than sleeping pills because i don't want to take those] I just lay there in bed for hours at a time and i can't fall asleep.

trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:02 AM   #43  
Chuggin' along...

Happy Thursday ladies! I am in such a good mood this morning. After my run last night I hopped on the scale and saw it down to 141. It must be a fluke, I thought to myself. So I hopped on this morning and it was 141.5. My ticker is right - as of Tuesday weigh-in I was at 144 - so this is just extra incentive to really be good this week & weekend so that I will show this loss at next week's weigh-in! I've been very good this week, I've cut calories by about 200/day (down to 1300-1450), exercised every day, and just have really felt that "click" all week. My lunch walking buddy has been busy but I've gone walking by myself.

trnsfrmnreplace, I also have insomnia sometimes. It's genetic but usually exascerbated by some kind of extra stress. Other little things like eating too close to bedtime, caffeine after about 1 pm (in recent years I've become more caffeine-sensitive), or working out too soon before bed can make it worse. If you can figure out what may be causing it try to stop that (duh). I have taken over-the-counter pills, but only as a last resort after 2 months of exhaustion during a really stressful time. Don't lie in bed staring at the ceiling. Get up and leave the room, so your body doesn't associate being in bed with being awake. Experts say you should only use your bed for sleeping and sex, so if you sit on your bed watching TV during the afternoon or you put your laptop on the bed, etc. try to switch those to another room. I would suggest a doing a quiet activity like reading, or I use the time to catch up on light cleaning, chopping veggies, folding laundry, dishes, something like that. TV tends to keep me up even longer - I don't know, maybe it's the screen? If it's close to morning I get up for the day and go for a run or walk on the beach.

It sounds like a lot of us are doing well getting our workouts in. Keep up the good work ladies! Exactly 2 weeks until turkey day

Alicia, welcome!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:04 AM   #44  
Chuggin' along...

Oops, now my ticker says 144
Old 11-10-2005, 10:19 AM   #45  
2blessed2Bstressed

Congrats Megan! Don't you love that feeling...that empowering..I can do this feeling! Keep up the good work!