Old 11-18-2004, 11:06 AM   #16  
mellbell491

S/C/G: 138/138/115

Height: 5'2

Good morning/Afternoon ladies!
It seems like you guys are all sticking to it and doing great! good lets keep it up.
I woke up this morning had some running around to do. But I just got done working out

Melanie
Occupation: waitress, and full time student-going to become a surgical technician
Biggest food temptation: anything mexican/ Thai food
Favorite workout: Running, kickboxing,crunches, pushups
Reason to Lose:I just want to feel better about myself-I have a huge self esteem problem

Food: Yesterday
Meal 1: 1/2 cup oatmeal-1/2 cp oj
Meal 2: Small salad-no cheese/side of pita with Vinegar
Meal 3: Small salad-no cheese/side of pita with Vinegar (hmm see i have no real great choices at work huh =)

Today
Meal 1: 1/2 cup oatmeal gatorade/ lots of water

Workout
Wednesday:150 crunches-30min walking/running-30pushups
Thursday: 20 minutes of walking-15 of running-40 pushups-150 crunches

now I'm sweatin like a piggy i forgot to put on an under shirt at the gym so I had to wear my hoodie the whole time!
Well now i Have some running around to and i have to get my 'old mans' stuff together for chicago ...i'm leaving tomorrow-I'll post before i leave let you know my workout for tomorrow-gonna try to eat light and do LOTS of walking when I'm there-BUT I CANT PROMISE I WONT GO TO THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY LOL
mellbell491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:13 AM   #17  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Good luck warding off the cheesecake Mel, if you're anything like me, maybe we should have a pray-in! I love cheesecake - I've seen the cheesecake factory once in Seattle, but thank goodness we don't have one in Oregon that I'm aware of.
I weighed myself this morning and looks like TOM is leaving my body, I'm down to 171, just in time to lose 2 lbs. for Thanksgiving, exactly one week away!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:48 AM   #18  
Building my Body for Life

jenicra - You can do it! Congratulations on sticking to your goal. Thanksgiving is going to be hard for me. My husband's team plays on Thanksgiving day so I'll be out of town at a football stadium. Not too many healthy choices there... Maybe I'll stash a Slim Fast bar in my bag!

Cheesecake isn't a weakness for me - I don't care for it. I do, however, love all other desserts...
Fitchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:51 AM   #19  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Fitchick: Love the name, here's my vote!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:04 PM   #20  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

well well well, HERE is everyone. I was just looking at the chat thread for this week and thinking, wow where did everyone go? Welcome, everyone who is new. So, a couple people here already know that I don't really "do" challenges. Well, not as in a "weight loss" challenge. I just don't like to deadlines for weight because there is so many variables so it - body fat being the number one thing. Anyway, I am going to participate in this challenge in a different way. I am challenging myself to work out at least 4 times per week (5 or 6 is better) and stay OP. Then I am going to have my body fat measured right around christmas, and if it's lower than it was the first time I had it measured, then I win! lol.

here's my profile thingy:

Occupation (or Major): PR Associate/Account Exec type of thing
Starting Weight: 167 (prob higher though, I avoided the scale for awhile)
Current Weight: 150
Goal Weight: 130, body fat 22% or lower
Biggest Food Temptation(s): ice cream. I love it!
Favorite Workout: Crosstrainer, any cardio. DON'T like weights but must do them
Why I want to lose weight: I want to fit into smaller clothes, and since I am going to Aruba in May, I'd like to wear a bikini and look HOT. well, maybe just look OKAY will do. i'd also like to wear shorts without feeling icky.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:26 PM   #21  

TannyMc - I love ice cream too! I should have included it on my list... Also - I am dying to go to Aruba!!! Have you been before? It looks amazing... I, too, would like to feel comfortable in shorts again. I haven't worn shorts in about a year and I haven't even thought of delving into the skimpy bikinis I have purchased for "motivation". I'm determined to actually wear them this summer!

Good to "meet" you.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:29 PM   #22  
pull out some hope for me

Well, since there is absolutely no way in heck i am going to meet my thanksgiving goal (unless i miraculously lose 8lbs until then) , i will join in on this!

Real Name: Wow, i've never told anyone here , but my REAL name is Melissa. But I go by Amaya online.
Occupation (or Major): Early Childhood Education/part-time bank teller
Starting Weight: 198
Current Weight: 188
Goal Weight: 130
Biggest Food Temptation(s): Snacking on chips and cookies!
Favorite Workout: Weights
Why I want to lose weight: To be able to look in the mirror and not be disgusted by what I see.

Just last week i was up 5lbs but i list it in a week! LOL. So, I guess this is a new beginning. And while i know this is a 10lb challenge, and i will do my best to get there, i will be satisfied with 7lbs. Of course, anything over 10 would be awesome!

I also thought it would be fair to tell you all i suffer from an e.d. It's a struggle for me to keep things over 800 calories. Which is why I am not going to post my food intake - i don't want to freak anyone out.

We can do this!
Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:42 PM   #23  

Hi Amaya - Good to see you here! Do not feel pressured to post anything you don't want to post. I just want to post mine to keep me honest. Thanks for your honesty and welcome to the Christmas Challenge! I know I'm excited about it!
Old 11-18-2004, 02:22 PM   #24  
mellbell491

S/C/G: 138/138/115

Height: 5'2

wow I'm glad this is getting such a good outcome-it's fun when everyones into it and communicating with each other. Amaya don't worry about posting your food intake-I actually had an E.D. also-still struggling with it. I go to group meetings every sunday night at a hospital out in Troy. I feel ya girl! =)

yea cheesecake is my weakness -dessert wise OH AND Chocolate cover strawberries YUM! I totally agree with the name also fitchick-it gives u alittle bit of motivation!

I just want everyone to do well-who cares how much you lose it doesn't need to be exactly ten or even 5 is good-as long as you feel good about yourself and your proud of where you've made a mark!

TALK TO YA CHICKYS LATER!
mellbell491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 02:58 PM   #25  

When I first started using the handle Fitchick years ago, it was true... Now I guess it's more like Fitchick2B... Gives me a goal anyway!

I'm on my way to the gym!!! I'll be thinking of you all when I'm wanting to step off the treadmill! I will accomplish my goal today!
Old 11-18-2004, 04:47 PM   #26  

HI. First I would like to thank everyone for responding to my post! It's fantastic to have such a friendly welcoming group of people. I was a bit worried that as I am not from the states, I would be ignored... (silly I know but previous experience always colours your expectations)...

As for the college thing, I did a degree in Chemical and Process Engineering so was in a school filled with boys. Not a lot of girls to inspire me.. and my weight gain had to do with other issues I was dealing with at the time, consciously and sub consciously. But i must say the 50-60 hrs a week of uni work, mostly at a computer or in a lab did not help at all!!

anyway I figure I'll take the leap and divulge more about myself
Starting Weight: 180
Current Weight: 166.6 (the decimals count i tell you!)
Goal Weight: 137
Biggest Food Temptation(s): Chocolate and Cheese
Favorite Workout: Pump class/Walking on the foreshore
Why I want to lose weight: To feel better about myself, look better in clothes, be healthier

I suppose I have a few self esteem issues to deal with too.. the stupid thing is that when I was about 140 I did a modelling comp... I won miss personality! ha ha ha...it was great fun, but the thing was that back then, I thought I was hideously fat.. i wasn't i just probably wasn't very toned.. it was just i have alot of friends who are shorter than me...and were smaller and not as broad as me.. so I felt a bit like a giant at times. I did the comp with my friend as a dare, and also I was interested in what the whole deal with that sort of scene was.

Anyway I thought i would share a really good tip a PT at the gym shared with me - a good quick meal is a protein shake and 10 rice crackers.. this way you get sweet and savoury flavours, crunch texture and it's all pretty much FF!
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:13 PM   #27  

Thumbs up Today's workout and meal info...

Well, today was another hectic day for me but I made it through! Hope everyone else is staying on track. I will write more tomorrow - I'm really tired!

Today's workout:
20 minutes stairmaster
20 minutes elliptical
20 minutes treadmill (walk/jog intervals)

Today's meals:
Meal 1: Healthy Choice sausage links, grapes, water
Meal 2: Homemade turkey chili, Diet Dr. Pepper
Meal 3: 1/2 baked chicken breast, 1/2 ear corn, green beans, water
Meal 4: 1/2 baked chicken breast, banana, water
Snack: Chocolate pudding (no sugar added)

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Jocelyn
Old 11-19-2004, 09:44 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

OK yesterday went well and I was back to eating healthy! Today will be tough and I already started off with a bagel. Naughty, Naughty! I managed to get some walking in yesterday. Hopefully today I get a chance to run, but if not at least a long walk, and some crunches.

NBK- I am with you. I got my undergrad degree in Engineering, and the school was like over 80% boys! They will eat anthing! That's when I put all my weight on. My job is what drags me down now. I spend so much time sitting at my desk it makes losing weight hard.

Amaya- Congrats on the 5lb loss.

Christmas Countdown Crew- great name!
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:02 AM   #29  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Day 2 went well for me too, skinny.

Food breakdown:
1,504 calories
31% fat, 58% carb, 12% protein
15 grams of fiber
(Yuck, I'm not really liking my breakdown there - fat is too high and carbs are too high for so little fiber)
90 oz. water, just shy of 3 L

Workout Breakdown:
50 min. tennis
20 min. walk
45 min. bike (13.48 mis.)
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:50 AM   #30  

Yeah! Way to go ladies! Skinny - don't beat yourself up over a bagel. Just pick it up for the rest of the day!

Today is laundry day for me... Yuck... This will be my off day for workouts but I'm going to keep the eating clean!

So how about a Question of the Day... What is your healthy snack/food/drink obsession?
Mine is Diet Dr. Pepper, hands down!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Jocelyn