Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 11:04 AM   #1  
Movin' and Losin'

Angry Weekly Chat: Feb. 15-21

Hey! How is everyone? Hope you all had a great weekend! Anyone do anything special for Valentine's Day?

DH worked all day on Valentine's Day, so we didn't do anything. On Sunday, we went out to eat and to a movie, though. Nothing terribly exciting... We saw "Miracle" (Not my choice, but oh well!). It really was pretty good, though.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-16-2004, 11:20 AM   #2  

Morning ladies! Well I think I am having a string of bad luck. I posted on Friday about my priest not being able to do the time I had wanted for my wedding, and now I am trying to get out of my contract with my photographer so I can do a night wedding. Then Valentines day was terrible.. I won't go into details on this. Sunday I thought was gonna get better, but then after washing my car.. I discovered my fiancee had scraped up the drivers side pretty bad. He thought he didn't do any damage when he was backing out of our parking spot (pillar on one side), but apparently he did. I wasn't mad (accidents happen), but depressed that my new car is not quite as nice. Then the icing on the cake was when I was doing my quizes for my class, and the web page timed out and lost all my answers and I had to do it for the 3rd time.

Please.. please let my bad luck be gone. I can't take anymore!!

So now its back to work!
Old 02-16-2004, 07:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

saturday and yesterday i didn't get on the computer at all. we had a romantic v-day, movies and dinner and he even took me to a play! ate some candy that day. yesterday i did a lot of laundry and actaully scrapbooked (!!) so that was nice and relaxing. went bowling with friends last night too.

my weigh in is in a week and a half. not sure what to expect. i need to stop eating like ****, really. don't know where i lost it
Old 02-16-2004, 11:39 PM   #4  

We had a great Valentine's Day, I wore a new sweater that I was brave and bought in a size small and my boyfriend commented that it was nice to see me wearing things that fit properly because I'm getting too small for my clothes. I need to take some measurements, I've been stuck around 132 for over a month but maybe I'm losing some inches.

We went out to dinner, I had tons and tons of yummy food: kir royales and pate to start, steak au poivre and some burgundy for dinner, apple tart and coffee for dessert. I ate very carefully all day and ran over 5 miles right before dinner so I didn't worry about the calories and savored every bite. My sweetie was so proud of me for sticking with my training, he's being so supportive about my plan to run a half marathon. He used to run cross country so it's really nice to have someone to ask my running questions to.

Anyway, it's back to the usual routine. I picked out a couple of new recipes for the week: lime marinated salmon, black bean quesadillas, and a asparagus/tomato/chicken pasta dish. I'm trying to become a better cook, it's a lot of work but I did get a nice chef's knife recently and all the prep work has gotten easier. I had no idea a good knife made such a difference.

Last edited by katia; 02-16-2004 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:34 AM   #5  

Hey ladies! I'm glad to be back on here, it's been a few days. DH & I had a WONDERFUL Valentine's weekend away for 2 nights--it was so relaxing. Sleeping in, hot-tubbing, shopping, eating....fun fun! We saw "Miracle" also, Jina--we loved it! I thought it was a really good movie. It was hard to come back to reality after such a nice time away, but I'm managing. (-; DH got me the most beautiful diamond necklace, too! I could'nt believe it--we are rather "frugal" and so he really splurged--it was so sweet of him. (-; Awwwww.
And now, today, I'm at home with PINKEYE. You gotta love all the great stuff you pick up teaching preschool! But I'm soon going to pick up my drops so I can get better--I should be fine to go back to work tomorrow. I'm actually pretty thankful for a chance to rest today--my cold feels worse yesterday & today, anyway.
That's the latest! Hope everyone is doing fine!
Old 02-18-2004, 11:41 AM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy half way throught the week everyone!

My spirits have lifted...my girl scout cookie order arrived! I ordered six boxes...the true test will be that I not eat all of them before the week is over. Plan to put them in the freezer for special treat.

Ok, so that was a fat move! That is what us girls at the office call things like dreaming about food, or craving certain foods and going through sleet or **** to get that craving fixed!

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!
Old 02-18-2004, 01:38 PM   #7  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

OH - PINKEYE, Jen?!?!? That's stinks! It's just annoying - hope you feel better.
Yeah, those Girl Scouts have been eyeing me... but I'm not going there. I'll stick with my light Girl Scout cookie ice cream.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:39 PM   #8  

So sorry about the pinkeye Jen, that is really awful! At least you can have the day of rest while you get better. AND you have a new diamond necklace, maybe looking at it will help make your eye feel better!
Old 02-18-2004, 05:08 PM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Tonic: Hope things are getting better for you!

Holly: Hope your weigh-in goes well.

Katia: I absolutely love that sweater!! It's so cute, and so perfect for Valentine's Day! I bet you looked great in it.

Jen: Glad you had such a great Valentine's weekend AND got a diamond necklace!!! That's awesome. Hope your pinkeye heals soon.

Spillthebeans: Oooh. Girl Scout cookies. Those would be tough to resist! Thank goodness I didn't order any. Are you in for "The Bachelorette" tonight?

Things have been going pretty well here. I've even started jogging!!! *GASP!* Not much, mind you, but a little bit. And, I need to pester the runners with another question: Should you jog everyday? Or should you keep it to every other day? At first anyway, I'm finding that the day after I jog the measly little bit that I do, my calves are sore and they just don't feel like jogging. I wasn't sure if I should let them rest or just push through the pain. Thanks for all of your help guys! I really appreciate it.

Hope you all are having great weeks!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-18-2004, 07:15 PM   #10  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Hey Jina - if your body says it's tired of jogging and just wants to do it every other day, then that's what you should do. I usually don't have much of a problem doing it daily, but my body's probably more used to it by now - and I don't go for long either.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:31 PM   #11  

Hi ladies...
I've been busy this week and haven't been able to post that much. Sounds like there was some good Valentine's Day treats out there! Yeah! I had a date! My 2nd with this guy so I was very impressed he thought of going out on the 14th. It wasn't really Valentines-ish but good nonetheless.

I had my weigh/measure at Curves today. I'm not sure what to think. I skipped last month because it was TOM and after Christmas and all. So since December, I've gained 2 lbs, gained 1% body fat, gained inches in several places, but LOST 1.5 inches in my abdomen and LOST 0.75 inches in each thigh. So that is okay right? I'm not happy about the other increases but technically it is the week before TOM again so that could have something to do with it. I dunno.

Any suggestions for making things decrease?
Amy
Old 02-19-2004, 11:05 AM   #12  

Jina - Thanks! Things are look up. I'm searching for a new photographer. I'm in a better mood and I plan on working out tonight. So things are looking up! As for jogging, if you haven't run that much before.. you should work up to everyday. I would do walk/jog one day and then walk mostly the next and then each week increase the jog part. Thats what I did and do when I havent worked out for awhile.

aimes - So whats your workout schedule like? I might bump it up a bit or I would look at your diet and see if anything needs to be substituted with something else. Sounds like your body settled into your new weight and exercise routine and you need to kick start it again. You can do it!
Old 02-19-2004, 06:18 PM   #13  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

yeah tomm is friday...I wish today was.

Jdogg: I've haven't seen one episode of the Bachelorette!!!!! I can't believe it, but I do have class until 9:30 on Wednesday, and being that I'm a poor college student don't have TIVO...has it been better than Trista's moments? To get my reality fix, I've been watching The Apprentice...YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!! BTW, you go girl!!! (jogging is going to make you feel good)

aimes523: I can relate, but No class today or tomm, so I can't complain. I love no class, gives me time to study!! isn't that crazy? I have no class, yet I'm still in the books...I'm a nerd.

I will be headed to the track tonight! I'll report back tomm!
Old 02-21-2004, 10:33 AM   #14  
comeback member

Hello everyone!

Wow, I guess I wasn't the only one busy this week! Not a lot of posts! I hope it doesn't mean that some girls are having difficulties in their journey...I think February is one of those months where you feel like nothing's moving and nothing is exciting...We want spring!!!

As for me, I am ok I guess...It is report card time here and I simply hate it! Having to find the right comment for the right student can be hard. You do not want to hurt anybody's feelings...I will do my best.

I worked out only 3 times last week...Had to got to a play on Thursday and had to work on my wonderful report cards yesterday. I knew it would happen so I spent 2 hours in the gym on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday...Hope this will help!

Jen --- Are you ok girl? Pinkeye over?

Spillthebeans--- Bachelorette is oh so boooooring! You are not missing anything. Well, the fact that I do not like Meredith at all helps to find it boring I guess... I really don't care who she picks...Where's Trista when we need her????

Jina---What do you think about Meredith? Are you a fan? By the way, good job on the jogging! My friend that is also a personal trainer always tells me that running is the best way to lose weight. She also says that it is awesome for the boobs! That's why I like it!

Have a good day everyone!

Sacha
Old 02-21-2004, 12:45 PM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

Sacha and Spillthebeans: Wow! I don't like Meredith either. That has made "The Bachelorette" not so fun to watch. Of course, now that I think about it, I wasn't a big fan of Trista's either. She was really cute, but a little cheesey/annoying. I don't know what it is... maybe I have something against these girls since they are set up with the perfect situation! No matter if I like the girls or not, I still get so into it. I love that show!

Sacha: It's good to hear from you! It sounds like you've been busy. How is jogging good for the boobs? Does all the jiggling around help them out?

Aimes: I just read an article in "Shape" that said additional cardio was needed in addition to the Curves workout. Do you get some cardio in as well? I know a few people that haven't really lost much weight with Curves, but they have lots tons of inches -- it's amazing. Could it be bloating? If it's the week before TOM, I bet that's a good guess. I get frustrated quite often at weigh-ins! I just want to see the scale go down, and sometimes I don't notice the other positive changes going on with my body.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Take care,
Jina
Closed Thread