Old 12-08-2016, 08:28 AM   #76  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

So I am kind of still half hanging around

I seem to of found a loophole with my old provider apparently my street has a hotspot, and for some reason I can still sign in with it . Its not a great connection, but it is there sometimes. The last few days have been a bit up and down, I have been seeing a decrease in the scale, but I still haven't got back down to 281.6 where I was LAST WEDNESDAY! I have been snacking on a few things but nothing serious. My sister made Banana loaf, so I had a slice. I also had a small handful of smarties (candy) the other day. So today I am going to try and stick on track, up my protein and get out and walk the dog to get my heart rate moving a bit. Today is cardio day, so I need to try and up my steps, but I have also been selling stuff on a local buy and sell page to clear out some junk I don't use before Christmas, they all want to come at various times which means I can't always get out

Rie Don't worry, I am always here listening in I may not write back today, But I will try and pop in for a little bit every day to see if anyone has commented. How are things with you just now? How is the running going?
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:32 AM   #77  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!

Yesterday was a mix of bad and good. The bad was that I ate a LOT of my homemade gingerbread house. I picked off the candy (like that would help ) and just went to town. In my stupid mind I said to myself "if I just finish it off right now then I won't have it to eat tomorrow!" instead of eating it in moderation. I'm not even hormonal or nothin', just darn greedy. (I hate that 3FC censors me, we're all adults here!).
The good is that I went on a 3.18 mile run! Woohoo! Back on track with running, gonna run again tomorrow and Saturday since I'm busy Sunday morning now. Other than my gingerbread meltdown I was good with food. I had a nice vegetable pasta, I think next time I'll adjust the recipe since it was a bit too watery and not saucy enough.

Because of my stupidity yesterday I'm up to 168.8 lbs, a 0.8 lb gain. That could be because of the run as well, I always gain after a run. I'm just gonna keep on trucking today! Here's an update on my habits that I've been tracking, I'm pretty proud of myself!
- Exercise 3x a week for 4 weeks: 2 week streak
- Only eat oatmeal on run days: 24 day streak
- Eat breakfast at table every other day: 22 day streak

I'll be adding more habits/advancing others once I hit 30 days or 4 weeks. I'm kind of excited for the next challenge! I'll be adding only eat 1 piece of bread for lunch instead of 2 for 30 days, that's gonna be a toughie but I feel motivated that I can do it.

I Skyped with my family last night since it was my mum's birthday, I'd been feeling a lot of anxiety towards going home because of my family dynamic (basically a family of pushing each others buttons on purpose) but speaking to everyone on Skype relieved that anxiety a little. I'm SURE there'll still be some bickering, but knowing everyone was happy to see me and are excited to have me home is a nice feeling.
I also had a conference call with the directors of a project I'm working on and they're so nice. They make me feel like my opinion is valued and are so thankful of my help, even though I should be the one thanking them (and I do profusely!). Just got a lot of warm fuzzy feelings about life right now

---------------

Scots - Glad to hear you have found a hotspot! I understand if you can't get in every day, nice to know you're still lurking though . Your gain might be down to that little increase in sugar, it's amazing how sensitive our bodies can get with those little tweaks. Getting right back on plan will help!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:56 AM   #78  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Sorry for the double post, but the weirdest weight loss related thing just happened to me!

Yesterday I had a semi-bad day. I did a tonne of laundry, since we don't have a machine it means lugging it up the road to the apartment complex's laundry room. In the laundry room there's a vending machine, yesterday I felt naughty and decided to buy a Coke. I drank my coke while working and had a couple of small handful of M&M's that were left over from gingerbread house making. The rest of the day food wise was pretty normal, I got my water intake, I didn't eat Oatmeal, had a healthy dinner etc.

This morning I get on the scale and expect to see 169 lbs, going up from my 168.__ lbs I've been seeing the last couple of days. I look down, say "yup, that looks about right" and go about on my day. As I'm reading my book I think "wait a minute...did the scale just say 167.6 lbs?" so I hop back on the scale and sure enough I'm 167.6 lbs today?! What is this madness?! I just found it so amusing that I saw the number and automatically assumed it was a gain and completely spaced on the fact that I lost weight!!

So I'm down to 167.6 lbs this week! That's a 2.6 lbs drop from last week! I'm just so, SO happy to be seeing some progress at last. It's been years since I've felt this positive about weight loss.

Last edited by Riestrella; 12-09-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #79  
Determind Member

This morning I weighed in at 281.9 which was nice to come down a little bit to just .4 up from my lowest point. I need to go on a morning power walk to get some extra steps in tomorrow. This weekend I will be working on getting in some extra workouts to even off the fact that I have had a few high calories days this week. I really need to see next weeks weigh in, moving in the right direction. I should of past my 280 by now instead of dancing around before it. I bought more shopping today that will hopefully keep me on track this next week. I don't have any Carb Killas left, so I really need to go into town and stock up because I really enjoy my 3pm snack and it keeps my protein level high.

Rie WELL DONE ON THE LOSS!! WOOHOOO I had a Chinese takeout tonight and it was awesome, it was gone before I even felt the guilt so tomorrow I will be working it off so that It doesn't show on the scale. I also had a can of Iron Bru and I have spent the last 3 hours burping all the gas up. I have done the whole scale disbelief before as well, when I step on it, then off, then back on . Keeping track of habits is really good, I have had eggs for breakfast for about 6 months until just Wednesday there and I struggled with hunger the whole day. I started a new chart (because you know I love a chart), which was to do strength training 3 times a week with my weights. It would be interesting how long I can keep that going.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:16 AM   #80  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

It's amazing how much going off my routine can mess with my body. A few of you might remember I was editing a feature length film a while ago. The director set up a premiere for the film, just something local for the cast/crew and loved ones - nothing official. The night before the film is supposed to debut he gives me the finished sound file at 12:30am (I suppose it's the day of the premiere at this time!). So I put in the sound file and the sound is off, meaning I have to clean up his mistakes into the morning. Ugh, it was just a mess. I remained calm and positive, because I'm professional, but I wanted to shake him and say "why did you leave this so late?!" I had to set an alarm at 6am after going to bed around 1:30am-2:00am to check the export was going well and to upload the finished film to Dropbox so he could then use it for the premiere.

So now I feel TIRED. Even though I went back to bed after my 6am check I feel so drained and sleepy. I must have got around 5-6 hours sleep, but I think my body has been used to 8 hours so it's protesting. Really don't want to go on that run today, but at the same time, if I don't I'll break my habit cycle and I really don't want to do that. I'm so close to finishing my working out 3x a week for 4 weeks habit. I can do this! Perhaps the cold fresh air will wake me up a bit

I was 168.4 lbs this morning, my typical post-run gain/some late night M&M's to keep my energy up (not a valid excuse, I know). I'm sure it'll head back down again soon! I always use my lowest weight of the week for sanity purposes

-----------------

Scots - They still make Iron Bru?! I remember that from the school days! I didn't love it like some people though. Strength training is always a good thing! I always start doing any sort of exercise routine 3 times a week, I think it's the best foundation to build on. Eventually I want to work out 6 times a week, but I'll work up to that!
Old 12-10-2016, 09:09 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 243/218/160

Height: 5'3

Weighed in at 222 yesterday - I'm down 3lbs of my 10lb goal for the month!

Start Weight: 225
Current Weight: 222
End of Month Goal: 215

WOOT!
aliisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:37 AM   #82  
Determind Member

So this weekend has been crap! Too much candy temptations around as its Xmas Time. Today is a new day though, I have got up and had my breakfast, I have an appointment with my surgeon as a follow up after giving me cortisone injections in my right arm. I will then come back and do my arm workouts and try and spend 15 minutes on the stationary bike in my house. I have only ever been able to do 10 minutes before because my butt just hurts soo much, why aren't they comfortable. I never feel like I've worked my legs out, I always just end up with a sore Butt.

Aliica Well done! keep it up!

Rie I have had the youngest niece around (the one that's always unwell) she screams in her sleep every now and then and kept me up all night on saturday night. It meant that yesterday I was just not able to do any working out because I felt like crap. I hope you get back on track soon, Today is me trying to get back into routine as well. Irn Bru is Scotland's national drink after Whisky They stopped selling it in most places in England because it just wasn't as popular. If you were to walk into a SPAR or Co-op up here, there will be a few options of coke and a whole fridge full of Irn Bru. When I go down to London for my birthday like I do every January, It is always a manhunt for Irn Bru, especially when it is the best hangover cure ever. I think it has something to do with the Iron content.

I am working up to having a workout 6 days a week. I do strength on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, then Cardio on Tuesday, Thursday and Sat with Sunday off. Just now I do a little bit each day to get used to having to do it, then I will work it up to 1 hour each day, then hopefully 2 hours
Old 12-12-2016, 09:30 AM   #83  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 5 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:
Old 12-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #84  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone! How was your weekend?

So Saturday morning I did indeed go on the run to wake myself up after my late night of work! Woohoo! I'm always so proud of myself for just getting on with my workouts even when my routine is broken or the weather looks crappy, these used to be excuses for me to be lazy so it feels great to finally be breaking out of these habits. The boyfriend and I did some errands then chilled out for the rest of our day, a much deserved chill out session since he'd been working into the early hours of the morning all week!

On Sunday we got up early and watched the film "Arrival" which the boyfriend HATED and he pretty much convinced me of the gaping plots holes so I didn't walk away thrilled either. We then had friends over for a takeout curry (cheat meal of the week) and a board game we're all involved with (Pandemic Legacy). It was a really nice day!

Unfortunately this morning the scale was not nice to me! I think because of my run on Saturday, my cheat meal yesterday and the lack of consistent hydrating I weighed in at 169.4 lbs this morning. Eep! I'm hoping that being good today and drinking plenty of water will get me back on track. I went on a long run today, 3.54 miles so tomorrow I might even see the 170's because of the run? Who knows! I'm just going to do my best to stay on track with my habits, keep on trucking and hopefully the scale will show me a nice number. Ideally I'd love to see 166 lbs this week after my 167 lb weigh in last week, but we'll see. I'd be happy with another 167 lb weigh in.

This week is my last week in America before I head home for the holidays. I can't wait! I do have a week of work to get through, errands and of course packing but then I'll be ready to enjoy my vacation . It'll be nice to sort of step away from work for a while! I'm still aiming to continue my exercise while I'm back as well as keeping up with my other habits that I want to work on, just because I'll be away from my normal routine doesn't give me an excuse not to keep working towards my goal. I'll probably end up indulging anyway, but as long as I keep that mentality of working on my habits I think I can head into 2017 maintaining rather than gaining.

Keep up the awesome work guys, not many of us left in the challenge now, thank you all so much who are still hanging in there with me! It means so much to me that you join me in these challenges, you keep me motivated. Just 2 weeks to go, then I'll be posting the "New Year, New You 2017" challenge early January!!

------------

aliisa - Well done, that's awesome! Can't help but notice you're not in the spreadsheet though? If you have your weigh ins from previous weeks then head to post 1 of this thread and enter them in! Would love to add you to the charts.

Scots - A tip that my boyfriend gave to me is when you're on the stationary bike really lift up your legs instead of just pushing around and around. If you use your thighs to lift your legs when your lower leg is about to rise up and around then you'll really be working your legs and working harder. It really makes working out harder! As for your bum, it just needs conditioning! I hate it too, but over time it will get better. Everyone suffers from it! That is really funny about Iron Bru in Scotland!! So tell me what makes it the superior drink?! Whew, 2 hour workouts?! That's insane! If it's a run I'll just go for as long as it takes me, but for anything else an hour is enough
Old 12-12-2016, 04:55 PM   #85  
Determind Member

So today after feeling very bloated and backed up for a few days, I made the mistake of buying lactulose I am not feeling so great anymore I can't even take the dog a walk because I can't stray too far from the toilet I know TMI, but that's where I am at just now

Plus side.... Maybe a better weigh in this week?

I have had quite an eventful weekend actually, I have a close group of friends who are a great support system. I was always mates with these 5 lads when I was younger, now they are all grown up and 2 of them are married and another 2 are getting married next year. I get on really well with there wives and gf's. The first couple got married at 19 (9 years ago) just before he joined the Army and was posted out to Germany. We had quite a bit of history when we were younger (me and this mate), and I feel that both him and his wife (who is a great friend of mine) are dragging me into their bad marriage just now. I really think they might divorce (even though their little one is only 6 months old). At the second couples wedding last year, the first couple had a huge argument before she told me that "if anything happened to her. she would want him to be with me" .

That's the kind of crap they drag me into.

We were very close as teens and was my best friend from 13-18, I am sure you can imagine the nonsense teens get up to, but he met her and married her, so I obviously let all my feelings get pushed aside for the sake of the group and because I liked her. Wanna know whats worse?? Their kid loves me she wouldn't nap last night by mum cradling her, would only nap if I did it how awkward.

Anyway....... Dealing with that just now

Rie Where is it you are from again? are you getting excited about going back? I saw the trailer for Arrival and while I am not a fan of alien movies, I thought it looked quite good maybe ill not add it to my list of alien movies to watch then . That's a good tip about the legs on a bike, I will be trying that out and hoping I feel the burn more, And I am hoping that consistency will get my butt used to it? or will it always hurt .
I am not sure about what makes Irn Bru the Superior drink over here, maybe we just feel really proud to call it Scottish It also doesn't give you that furry layer on your tongue like Coke can. It also really does boost your Iron Intake, but other than that I actually have no idea why it is so widely drank. Its not Christmas until there is a new Irn Bru Advert out, which are always very funny .

I want to be able to get to a point where I could go for an hour walk and an hour gym workout, so not 2 hours together unless I maybe feel like I need a good workout on a specific body area. I found out this week that there is only 2 inches difference between my thigh, calf and arm to my best friends who is 10st 10 and a size 10-12. 2 INCHES??? So I am pretty happy about that actually and will be working on toning them and creating definition.

Thigh 27"
Calf 18"
Arm 13.5"

Its been a bit of a mind f**k the past little while with him,

Last edited by Scotsgal; 12-12-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:54 AM   #86  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Ugh, 169.8 lbs today, trying to remain calm and remember that I went on a run yesterday and admit to myself I didn't keep on top of water intake and ended up having a late night treat when dinner didn't fill me up. I had chicken wings and a cucumber salad, tonight I'm going to make a small portion of rice to go with it since it just wasn't enough food. Even the boyfriend agreed and his appetite is small.

I'm finding it hard to focus on work with Christmas just around the corner! But, I gave myself a deadline on Friday so I have to stick with it! Today I need to shop for a couple of things, do some laundry and dye my hair. I have to use henna since I'm allergic to brand hair dye so it's always a messy event! I need to get my water intake and not be so lazy with it, it seems like such a simple thing to just drink enough water in the day but yet it's really easy to forget. Gotta get my focus on!!

------------------

scots - What's lactulose? Wow...sounds like a lot of drama. I can't deal with that sort of crap, good luck to ya! I've been really lucky with my high school friends, a few bumps here and there but nothing that nuts!
I'm from Preston and yes I'm really excited to be going back! Going to be really great to see everyone and nice and relaxing too to step away from the "must work all the time to get my career going" mentality. I think Arrival satisfied a lot of casual moviegoers since it wasn't a huge action film and had a twisty plot that will make people think. However for people like the boyfriend and I, we've watched hundreds of films so we can sort of see past the bells and whistles and realise that the plot had a huge hole in it that doesn't make sense. It was "ok", so if you're gonna watch it catch it on TV! On the other hand it's great seeing these types of scripts being made.
I'm hoping my measurements have me happy by the end of this challenge! I'm sure I haven't lost much, but even half an inch here and there is better than nothing.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:17 PM   #87  
Determind Member

I have tried to write back so many times on here but then my internet has goofed out.

So I have got down to 280.3 such a darn tease, I really need to work hard over the weekend to stay under 1350 and get my steps up on my phone as well as another arm workout. Really want to get to 279 by the end of the week, and hopefully 277 by Christmas day.

Rie Lactulose is basically a sugar laxitive bottle of trouble. Oooohhhh not long now before you go! ahhhh Preston, you did say that before, I'm just a goof and forgot. I am a bit of a movie buff also and would probably spot a hole in it also. I find a lot of movies just now don't actually end and during the credits I sit there like.... Wtf? no end? Ohh I am always surprised when I see the challenge measurements. I have lost in my arms and legs which is great I have been using Palmers firming lotion to help with skin elasticity. I feel its been working quite well, my skin is at least looking awesome!
Old 12-17-2016, 10:04 PM   #88  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been away for a few days. Man, I'm really bummed out about my weight right now. My weight has been 168/169 lbs this week which is a real killer after having that drop to 167.6 lbs last week. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but I was so excited to be losing and it feels like a huge blow to go back up. I've been keeping on top of my exercise, but my diet has started to suffer + my water intake is getting lazier by the day. My weigh in this week is 168.8 lbs, a 1.2 lb gain from last week.

Instead of feeling sorry for myself I really need to stay focused and not shoot back into the 170's. I think my goal for the next couple of weeks is to stay in the 160's, no matter what the weight is. I don't care if it's 169.9 lbs, as long as it's the 160's I don't care. Obviously I'll try and be good but I have to readjust my mentality to maintaining weight with Christmas around the corner.

Speaking of which, I fly back to England tomorrow! I finished up a project today which I left to the last minute admittedly. Now that it's done I feel a weight off my shoulders. I can relax for the next month and enjoy myself. My parents are super excited to see me, which is a really nice feeling. I can't believe my flight is tomorrow, I booked this journey in April so it feels so weird that the day has almost arrived. I'm practically all packed, just need to sort out my hand luggage tomorrow and a few bits and bobs. Most of my luggage are Christmas presents, and heavy ones at that, so I hope I don't get slapped with an overweight baggage fee.

I'll be arriving in England on Monday at 7am, so I'm hoping to have a nap when I get home and wake myself up before lunch time and then if I'm feeling good enough go on a run to wake myself up to get my routine going again. We'll see how I feel though, sometimes I get knocked out when traveling!

Charts should be up as normal on Monday, but it might be Tuesday, hang tight!

---------------------

Scots - How are you doing? Bet you can't wait to see 279!! Haha, yeah, I'm a huge film fan so it does take a little bit more to please me. I'm not a snob, gawd I met SO many film snobs at Uni, but I'm not as easily impressed as the casual moviegoer. What are some of your favourite films? Oh nice, I really should start moisturising more!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 12-17-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:22 AM   #89  
Determind Member

This weekend has been very up and down, everyone had Christmas parties this weekend so I treated myself to take out on Friday night. We have this place called Chicken Shack that sells fried chicken, but they also have grilled. So I got a grilled BBQ wrap (which was actually really small) and a side of fries, a can of Irn Bru and a small tub of Ice cream which had 2 scoops of Vanilla. I put on nearly 2 lbs overnight but I am back to 281.5 (lowest is 280.3). I think I need to see a doctor about my pooping issues I know, TMI. But the struggle is real, I go through fazes of being absolutely fine! Then I can barely go once a week, which not only messes with my weight loss, but makes me feel literally like s**t.

I have hit the seasonal struggle, food is everywhere! I have been fairly good considering. I had the take out on Friday, Yesterday I never had lunch, but had some kinder choco snacks as well some paprika Pringles and a hot chocolate . It was quite bad yesterday but I was still under 1500 calories. Today I got up late and had breakfast at nearly 12, I had some Greek yog/honey/cinnamon/flax seed at about 2.45 to keep me going until dinner time which will be turkey, baby potatoes and veg. I have been gutting the house in preparation for the holidays, mum likes the house to be sparkling for the family to come around. So lots of scrubbing, vacuuming, tidying, moving stuff and hanging stuff.

I actually can't wait until Christmas because I have got lots of cool stuff for my mum, I have been able to buy a few cool things for her (even though I haven't had much money) but I like to spoil her when I can. I have been able to get her some pajamas, a dressing gown, jeans, top, boots and her Fitbit Flex she will not be expecting any of it and will be completely blown away can't wait to see her face.

Rie I think compared to the movie snobs you know, I am a complete amateur I just love movies. I like action and romance movies, because I hate scary films I have a wild imagination and start to dream about being murdered and stuff like that, so I don't need any extra help . My top 5 movies might need updated, but they are very random .
-Pearl Harbour - Moulin Rouge - Top Gun - Armageddon - Fast and Furious
Random arent they

What about you?
Old 12-18-2016, 12:32 PM   #90  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quick update from me, the Gods were smiling on me, dropped to 167.8 lbs today! A slight increase from last week of 0.2 lbs but I'll take it! What a lovely treat to see that the day I leave for my vacation.

-----

Scots - I'm no doctor, but maybe the dramatic changes in your diet is affecting your pooping? I can imagine being really good then suddenly eating loads of greasy food is sending a shockwave through your system. I love treating my Mum too, she's pretty easy to buy for since we have a lot in common. I got her some Game of Thrones wine glasses, some cool slippers that I have that I know she loves, a DVD and chocolate. It's always good when you have good ideas for people that they don't ask for!
I wouldn't say you're an amateur if you love movies! Based on your favourites I'd say you're a keen blockbuster follower, which is perfectly fine, I'd never judge someone for liking a film even if I hated it. Moulin Rouge is one of my favourites too! Freaking love that film. I'm going to watch it with my best friend in January, we both love it and saw it for the first time together at the cinema when it was released. It's a very special film for us!
As for my favourites, hmm. Chungking Express, My Neighbor Totoro, Moulin Rouge, The Exorcist (I love horror), Memories of Murder...that covers romance, animated, musical, horror and thriller! The list does change, but the first 3 are always in there.

Last edited by Riestrella; 12-18-2016 at 12:36 PM.