Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 12:22 PM   #16  
Divine Gal

I got married 5/25/02 and since then I had put on 50 lbs. YUCK!!! But my hubby is losing the weight with me YAY!
Old 08-15-2003, 01:46 PM   #17  

Bella that is great... Mine did the same thing, though mine has gained a couple extra pounds, but it's not that bad... but it's funny when it happens to them!!! :-)

Lynnie- My husband is also losing with me (actually more than me) so he is helping a lot by doing that. He sees how much energy I have compared to before and that I am not always sick at night with acid reflux...that's reason enough to keep off the carbs for me, so he keeps me in check sometimes, but also tells me to go to DQ once in a while...
Old 08-15-2003, 02:00 PM   #18  
Hoping for Success

sacha that is funny! J is 162 and he looks so thin to me. He's on my site, I am sure you saw. He's not fat, but he thinks he is....
Old 08-15-2003, 03:07 PM   #19  

I got married 10-12-02, but had pretty much all my weight on before that....well, maybe I gained a few (like 5-10) pounds in the first couple months after we got hitched. But Brian is so supportive of me, and loves to work out with me in the evenings when we can fit it in. On nights when we have stuff going on away from home, I will squeeze in a quick cardio workout at the gym before I head home. It's funny how the tables have turned....Brian used to have to try to get me to eat better, exercise, etc...and I was so lethargic. I felt completely hopeless about my weight problem! And now, I'm so determined & motivated, that I have to encourage HIM to get up & come with me to work out! I find it rather amusing. And speaking of which, I'm off to the gym for a nice, long afternoon workout!

Jen
Old 08-15-2003, 10:38 PM   #20  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally posted by golfergirl
Bella that is great... Mine did the same thing, though mine has gained a couple extra pounds, but it's not that bad... but it's funny when it happens to them!!! :-)

Lynnie- My husband is also losing with me (actually more than me) so he is helping a lot by doing that. He sees how much energy I have compared to before and that I am not always sick at night with acid reflux...that's reason enough to keep off the carbs for me, so he keeps me in check sometimes, but also tells me to go to DQ once in a while...

oh my hubby is losing more then I am too; but he keeps me motivated..He is my lifesaver too...
Old 08-27-2003, 10:17 PM   #21  
Movin' and Losin'

I know I'm a late joiner to this question, but I just had to chime in! I gained 60 (yikes!!) pounds after I met my husband -- the majority of that coming after we were married.

I was so used to eating healthy and not cooking big meals since it was just me. Then, he came into the picture. He loves to eat full meals with meat, potatoes, dessert. And, he loves to eat out. And, he loves to have late-night snacks. That was the killer! I used to eat right along with him. Until recently. I knew I couldn't do it anymore. How can late-night pizza and hamburgers be good for anyone??

Thank goodness I'm making better choices. He sometimes still thinks I should eat with him and tries to sabatoge my efforts, but most of the time, he's supportive. Oh, and the weight gain was worth it. Even though sometimes I curse him for it, I really do love the guy!

Jina
Old 08-28-2003, 10:08 AM   #22  
Hoping for Success

full meals.. that is a good point. My hubby cannot live without at least two side dishes and plenty of bread!!! He grew up in a house where they sat down for dinner every night...whereas in my house it was everyone for themselves....even though I made bad choices then it was easy for me to eventually develop eating foods that won't make me fat! BUt now forget it...it is soo hard.
Closed Thread