Old 09-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #271  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back Maddie! Congrats on TWINS. Wow! What a surprise! Is it terrifying? Ouch on pulling your oblique muscle, that sounds sucky. Glad to hear you're excited for the future.

Just thought I'd follow up my post and say this is pretty much the revelation I had yesterday when recording the video:

Yup.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Oh Rie, I totally hear you on the bad habits and snacking. Now I'm back at work and I've stopped running around having birthday fun, I'm snacking left right and centre and piling the weight back on. I've put on 7lb in 4 days, but I don't know how much of that is water weight, from increased sodium (I had curry last night) and hitting the gym properly for the past 2 days. Fact is, it's a case of self control. I totally understand how easy it is to work your way through a load of junk food if it's available, it's something I struggle with massively.

It terms of kicking you up the butt (and, yes, I realise I'm being hypocritical) I would say use your own plans. I know Dott suggested a while ago that you could do a pyramid for your life goals. Why not try and do one for the 2 weeks your parents are away? Like, day 1-2, don't snack after dinner. Day 3-4, do something creative, day 5-6 practise your dance routine etc. That way, you can force yourself back into good habits and sort of track your achievements as you go. I know it must be tough. I was unemployed for a while and it's really hard to motivate yourself when you don't have a routine. You CAN do it though
, just by gently bringing some structure back to your day you'll feel so much better

Welcome back Maddie! That's so great that looking at your previous achievements has encouraged you Congratulations on the twins.
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Rie-You got to buckle down! This is me giving you a kick! You need to do this for yourself. You need to treat yourself properly by eating healthy and nourishing your body. Your body is an amazing creation and giving into sloth like tendencies is no way to treat your body. Nurture yourself because you deserve to be healthy and happy. You have the strength within you to complete and exceed all of your goals. Do not sell yourself short.
Ok enough kicking! ED treatment is just as intense as you can imagine(very) and it is not pleasant at all. its hard, lots of work, and it stays with you. The being in treatment part is only half of it. You basically relearn how to think and live and it takes 6mos to a year for your brain to rewire its self so after treatment for up to a year you're basically still in the treatment mentality and can't really take on too much or you'll relapse.
I hate having to keep the fasting a secret. Over the week my calories average 1500 usually and I actually really enjoy my fasting days. Also I'm saving money on food. But keeping secrets is such an ED thing to do so I really wish I could be more honest about it :/ Maybe as it gains more support in the US and after I've hit maintenance I'll be more forth coming about it.

milesaway-So glad to hear from you! You and me both seem to be sodium sensitive and really retain water easily. I hope you're doing better with the snacking and that the water weight has come off

Well guys....I've finished this challenge! Pretty excited about that I think I've become a much healthier person and I've slowly been losing the last bit of the vanity lbs so all in all a great success! Thank you again Rie for putting this together! This has by far been my favorite challenge!!!!!!! And thank you everyone for your support

I'm going to not be on the site much from now until Thanksgiving probably. You guys know with piano and school I have to take little breaks away. I might lurk or answer the random post. I will continue with the Halloween challenge, but I won't be around much for the most part. So I'm not abandoning the site! I just need to practice more
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote