Old 11-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #1  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Default Daily weighers!!!

Note: if you are not a daily weigher, please don't bash those of us who are :-)

I looked through several pages on this forum and didn't see a similar thread.

Who here weighs in everyday? Do you weigh yourself multiple times a day? Do you have a little ritual?

I am obsessed with my scale. Once I finally decided enough was enough with my weight and it was time to commit to a weight loss journey, I have become obsessed with the scale. I weigh myself every morning after I pee (lol) and if it's been a bad day, several times through out the day. Seeing the number move on the scale is immensely comforting to me. I've made a lot of progress since October and there's no way I could have held myself accountable without daily weigh ins.

So anyone else in the same boat as me?
I think daily weighers should be proud of our obsession and embrace that this is what motivates us!!!

Hugs to all!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: S/C/G 290/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Lol! I weigh myself every morning after the bathroom too! lol. And more often if I know im having a bad day.

Haha! That's exactly how I feel! If I don't weigh myself daily then I forget about my diet and can't keep focused on my goal! I don't know how people do the whole once a week/month thing. If I do that, I would eat whatever I want and then crash diet a few days before to make sure I lost weight. This keeps me on plan everyday.

I also think it's because Im not afraid of the scale like most people are. I guess b/c Im used to weighing a lot, Ive been heavy my whole life, so the big numbers don't scare me haha. I would rather know my weight and try and change it. It does get frustrating b/c weight fluctuates so much even during one day! I usually only weigh once a day or maybe even every other day. I weigh more often when Im bored and having nothing to do haha. When I see something surprising I try and think what I did and ate that would cause me to gain or lose and that helps me see what is working and what isn't!
ASaladandaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

I weigh daily, have since I re-started back in March.

I weigh myself at night - I like to think this is the heaviest I was all day... Of course I normally weigh myself around midnight and normally don't eat after 7, so it's probably not my heaviest time of the day, but that's ok!

I also make sure I use the washroom first, and I won't weigh myself if my hair is wet, and of course I weigh myself naked.

I only weigh once a day so I don't get too obsessed, which knowing me could easily happen, haha.

Last edited by EricAnn; 11-30-2012 at 02:02 PM.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricAnn View Post

I also make sure I use the washroom first, and I won't weigh myself if my hair is wet, and of course I weigh myself naked.
Sorry to butt into your topic But I'm just curious, do you find yourself heavier when your hair is wet?
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
Sorry to butt into your topic But I'm just curious, do you find yourself heavier when your hair is wet?
I don't know, I've never weighed myself with my hair wet, haha.

But I would imagine it would only be about .2 or so of a pound if it made a difference. I have fairly long hair (mid-back length) so I think it makes more of a difference than someone with short(er) hair though.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I weigh at least daily. I weigh more often if I'm finding myself grazing, because in the past, instead of weighing myself I would feel like I had "blown it" and I would continue to overeat the rest of the day. Now, I get on the scale to prove to myself that I haven't "blown" anything.

My weight loss motto is "There is no starting over, just moving on," and weighing myself helps me move on immediately rather than wondering how much damage an off-plan bite might have done to my progress. Instead, I get on the scale as a way to "reset" my motivation. I don't have any fears about what the off-plan bite may have cost me (you cannot gain more weight from a food than the weight OF that food, so if you get on the scale immediately after eating something, you get "worse-than-worst-case-scenario" feedback).

It does take a special attitude to be a frequent weigher. You cannot believe that your self-worth or your success is dependent upon the number. You have to literally be able to see the number as being of only secondary importance (and a far distant second, at that). If you're going to base your happiness and self-worth on the number, especially if you're going to see small gains and stalls as disastrous, then daily wieghing isn't for you - but I think no matter how often you weigh you have to have that attitude. Even if you're only weighing weekly, you still will see occasional stalls and gains, only you also have to wait longer to see the losses.

If you can celebrate "not gaining" then daily weighing can actually be much more rewarding and exciting than weekly or monthly weighing.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #7  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

From when I joined this forum, up until the end of april, I was a daily weigher. I hyperfocus on things, and this was one of them, so I kept close tabs. Always in the morning, right after using the bathroom, and naked. The little spikes didn't really effect me, and I only recorded my weight once a week on a chart to track my overall progress..

After April, I kinda ditched the scale, and ended up gaining 10 pounds over the next few months from a combination of not keeping tabs on my weight, and backing off excerise after blowing out both of my ankles running..

Now I'm back at it, and since I'm doing the "Insanity" program, in addiction to running 5-6 days a week, I'm staying away from the scale for a week or two at a time, since I'm likely holding excess waterweight. When its over, its back to daily weighing even through maintaince...Haha

Last edited by baker23; 11-30-2012 at 05:19 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #8  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

I weigh myself every morning after going to the bathroom. I am not naked, but I do wear the same outfit every time, so I often have to change in the mornings. I use the Wii to weigh myself, which I consider to be a good thing, because it takes so long to go through the whole weighing process. This encourages me to only weigh myself once a day. I don't think it would be good or helpful for me personally to weigh more than that.

Since I do Weight Watchers, only my weight on Wednesdays really counts, but I like to keep track of how I'm doing so that I'm not unpleasantly surprised during my weigh ins.
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #9  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I'm a religious daily weigher, I love it. I understand that the scale will fluctuate but one of the biggest things for me is not missing hitting a new lowest number! I gotta check each day to see if I did that Having to face the scale each day keeps me from going off track too.

My ritual is I get up in the morning, I get naked and weigh myself before peeing and then after. I like to weigh myself before because it mentally prepares myself for the number I will see and I can guess what it will be after I pee. I'm pretty spot on on guessing the weight depending on how full my bladder feels, haha.

Once in awhile I'll weigh at night too. If I've had a really great day of eating clean, drank a lot of water and exercised and feel 'light' I'll jump on to check it out.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

It does take a special attitude to be a frequent weigher. You cannot believe that your self-worth or your success is dependent upon the number. You have to literally be able to see the number as being of only secondary importance (and a far distant second, at that).

I couldn't agree more. I have just recently decided to become a daily weigher. I did a year or so ago and I lost a lot of weight. However, I would frequently get upset when I didn't lost. I'd be REALLY hard on myself, get frustrated and end up not wanting to do it anymore.

I guess as I begin my journey of weighing myself everyday, I agree here that it is important to celebrate not losing. If you can't celebrate the fact that you have gone this long trying to take care of yourself, what's the point?

For the longest time, I thought I could without weighing myself, but then I gained 30 pounds because I stopped. I am starting to realize weighing myself will just be something I frequently do throughout my life, everyday, to maintain. It's not as bad as I thought it sounded before too.
librarygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #11  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I'm so glad to meet all of you awesome daily weighers!!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

I weigh myself every day because I feel that it makes me more accountable to staying on plan & on track. Even though I know I won't see a loss every morning, it helps motivate me when I weigh in every day. Also, I write down my weight on my calendar so it help to show trends & whatnot. I find that I usually "lose" on certain days & times of the month & "gain" on others. It's pretty interesting to see the pattern.

Also, when I stopped weighing in daily for the last couple months, I actually ended up gaining weight. I would avoid the scale because I knew I wasn't on track and was gaining weight, but avoiding the number made it even worse.

Sometimes I weigh myself throughout the day just to see what it is, but I don't really pay attention to those numbers. I only count the one in the morning (:

Last edited by delyn; 11-30-2012 at 06:23 PM.
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 226/174.6/160

Height: 5'6

I weigh daily but only track the number on Monday mornings as my "weigh in" while doing weight watchers on my own. I weigh at night just before bed to mentally prepare myself for the morning number which is usually slightly lower after using the bathroom and naked. I feel slightly crazy and am definitely a scale watcher. I'm losing at the moment so it's okay. If I see a pause, I'll have to force myself to not weigh but once a week to keep me from getting down on myself.
KellinaKatrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: S/C/G 290/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7

So I thought of this thread this morning and realized I do have a pretty silly ritual but it get's the job done.

I've been up & down in the 270s all month and really wanted to get to 269 like weeks ago. This morning I hopped on the scale and it said 270.6. As you can imagine I was not satisfied w/ that. Used the bathroom. Re-weighed myself. Removed clothes. Let all air out of my lungs (this made me laugh, i don't think it has any affect on your weight - i was just determined to have a lower number) and finally the scale gave me 296.6. I rechecked to make sure it was accurate then jumped for joy!

Also, I never eat or drink ANYTHING before weighing. If i weigh myself and don't like it, I won't eat or drink even if I want to and wait around to use the bathroom or something before re-weighing.

As you can see I get quite creative haha

I swear Im not obsessed w the scale though, honestly. lol
ASaladandaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #15  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Yep, when I'm "on plan" I'm definitely a daily weigher. It helps keep me accountable. Now that I'm so close to my ideal weight, the scale moves down super slowly and I'm learning not to get frustrated. If I'm eating well (calorie counting) and putting my time in at the gym, but the scale is stuck (like it has been for the last couple of weeks) then I try to focus on how good and energetic I feel.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote