Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default 30 day shred

I'm going for it. Just did my first workout and it was hard but not impossible. Of course, uhh..I wasn't using any weights. I didn't have any, but I wanted to get started. Buying some tomorrow. I did a variety of the beginner moves and the more advanced moves of the the other two girls. Hoping to move up to all advanced moves for each level at the end of the ten days.

Just posting because (a) i'm excited (b) maybe others will join in if they haven't done this before? (c) to keep accountable

(http://youtu.be/1Pc-NizMgg8)
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/256.3/160

Height: 5'10"

I just finished day 2 of level 1! I am using 5 pound weights because it is what I have. Sometimes I have to modify it because my arms go limp...

Enjoying it so far. I think i will do two days on and 1 day off.
KatTheAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #3  

woot! i think when i go out maybe i'll get 3 lb weights. just for now... maybe i'll get 5's or 8's if i'm feeling bad :P
Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #4  
HW:232/SW:165

S/C/G: 215/211/165

Height: 5'6

I've just recently got this DVD as well, haven't started it yet though
kymb92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #5  

I'm sore today, but not dying. I'm gonna do this!! I told my boyfriend that i'm doing all 30 days and in a row if possible. Our days off together are usually what unravel me, so with him behind me..I'm ready!!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #6  

After doing two days in a row, I am pretty sore. Especially feel it every time I o to sit down.... And today there has been a lot of up and downs.

Just make sure you listen to your body and take breaks if you need it. Rest periods are very beneficial because the muscle is repairing itself (becoming stronger!).

Last edited by KatTheAmazon; 11-13-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #7  

I just finished my second session. It was harder because I actually used weights this time (haha only 3 lbs)

So far I feel good. I might take one day inbetween levels, but I kinda want to do the whole 10 days straight for each level. I like it so far.. just when I think I'm gonna crack, we move onto something else.

I'm loving the cardio..its the easiest for me. I'm doing modified pushups but hopefully I can work up to doing atleast a few real ones. And those bicycle crunches at the end?? Oh LAWD.

Keep it going Kat!! Keep checking in!

Last edited by valalltogether; 11-13-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #8  

Just did Day 4, Level 1.

Lots of things are getting a lot easier. Apparently i'm a weak little worm because some of the strength moves really hurt. I've had to drop down for 1 or 2 raises because I can't do it.

New strategy so that I don't burn out: 4 days on, 1 day off and so on. Tomorrow is my rest day. Hopefully when I get back into it on day 5 I can kill those strength moves!

I haven't gotten around to measuring and I surely need to because I've gained a steady lb since starting. Trying to not let it bother me
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #9  

I took my day off, then yesterday I had a migraine and today I have a super bad headache/general malaise. I'll start back up tomorrow as day 3 and go for the next 3 days. I'll add some extra cardio in this weekend to make up for it.

Right now I'm just counting down the minutes until I can leave work and go to bed.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #10  

Just completed day 7, Level 1. Got this pain in my right outer thigh while doing the side lunges, and I have a pain in my right arm near the chest. Haha..i'm falling apart!! One more scheduled day and then a rest day. Next group of days, I phase into Level 2. I'm scared, but totally dedicated! I made up a schedule of work outs and rest days that lead right up to when I leave for vacay (aka xmas)
Old 11-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #11  

here comes my rant...

completed level 1 and what do i have to show for it? a busted up knee and weight gain. i'm SO upset today. I know its only been 10 days, but I don't feel any difference in the way my clothes fit. The only thing I can see is my number on the scale go up and up and up.

I mistakenly took the advice of many people and upped my calories a little bit from 1200 to 1500. On MyFitnessPal, lots of folks bash the 1200 calorie day, saying that it is too little and unsustainable. It was silly of me to both start the 30 day shred and up my calories at the same time, as this makes it harder to confirm exactly what is making me gain.

It's really discouraging to see other's photos of 10 day progress as inches lost and abs starting to show.

I feel like a huge failure and I feel completely hopeless, like maybe i'm just not MEANT to ever get below 135lbs.

I will attempt to do my workout today but I'm worried about my knee. Just praying that it isn't serious and maybe its just bruised or something.

I feel more lost than ever like I have no idea what to do to get my body the way I want it.

Last edited by valalltogether; 11-24-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Keep going! I've done the shred on and off for the past 3 years. At first it was hard to get through it with 3 pound weights and now 5 pounds are easy. My weight hasn't really started to come off until recently due to me having a baby and eating less sugar, but I'm so much stronger and it's awesome to keep up with the advanced moves now.

Calorie counting isn't for everyone - it wasn't for me. I just made sure I was having normal portions and serving sizes and that's made the difference.

As for your knee, I wouldn't attempt the workout unless you're sure...

You can do this workout. Just be sensible and take care of yourself!
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #13  

thanks for the encouragement i'm using only 3 lb weights and still some of the moves are killer.

i decided to take a few days off from my knee. it hurts to the touch. i will, however, draw from some of the 30DS moves that don't hurt my knee and combine that with other no/low impact moves to get something in until i can get back on schedule.

congrats on your new baby!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #14  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I did several cycles of the 30 day shred and I think weight gain the first week is par for the course especially if you're sore. For me and most people, soreness often means water weight gain as your body retains water to repair your muscles. If your diet is on point and you're staying hydrated, the water weight will eventually be flushed out probably around the same time you stop feeling sore.

30DS also hurts my knees a bit so I have to watch my form on the lunges and I remember I didn't always go as low on the lunges as Jillian and her ladies did. If it doesn't feel right to you, modify it so that it does, to prevent injury. Sorry about your knee.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by valalltogether View Post

congrats on your new baby!
Thank you. I thought I'd add that I still modify the lunges. I don't go down as deep. I'd rather modify than hurt my knees.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote