Old 08-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 196/154.4/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimkovs View Post
im falling off the bandwagon. i've magically MAGICALLY managed to gain like 3.5 lbs, even though I haven't eaten anything significant. i'm sick *snivel snivel*, cranky, and NOT IMPRESSED. this makes me want to eat my fridge. my whole fridge. encasement included. hahaha even though my fridge is surprisingly empty at the moment. i don't think i've cooked a thing since saturday. i also haven't been to yoga since tuesday since my throat closed up and i had to leave the class.

can we have a moment of anger at office air conditioning and it's stupid ability to make everyone sick, and hungry? grrrrrr
I'm sorry you feel sick and I hope you get better soon. I totally understand how you feel. Air conditioners make me deathly ill every summer too. Focus on getting better and you'll be back on the wagon in no time.
petitefleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #77  

Height: 5'9''

There are 15 posts per page, so I don't think we'll have more than two or max three pages with stats - it's 30-45 participants, I don't think there are so many of us
Quote: So, if we are only going to update a single post, I suggest that we link each person's username to their update post in the original post.
Don't know how to do this, but I agree

Stimkovs stay strong! If your immunity is down it's normal that your body is wanting to eat more. Don't stress about dieting now, just concentrate on getting better!
And yes, I know what you mean about A/C, it doesn't do good to my sinuses...
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 136/123/110

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumelle View Post
So, if we are only going to update a single post, I suggest that we link each person's username to their update post in the original post. That way, we can just jump right to each person's post with a single click.

I went back and deleted my other posts from the 2nd and 3rd, so I'll just update my original post from the first day.
How do we link???
Loli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotHealthy4life View Post
Kariatari, since you're the founder of this thread, maybe you can ask all the participants to do so?
I see some of us are already doing it (including me and including you), while some participants write a new post everyday.
I've been doing this ever since I read your suggestion. But I'm updating my last post.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 196/154.4/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
How do we link???
There's a little '#' sign and a number in each of your posts in the top right hand corner. Find your original post and then right click and copy the link.

Then you go to a new post (or your signature) and type your username. Highlight it with your mouse and then click the icon for a URL (the globe with the paperclip). Paste the link and you should have a direct link to your original post.

petitefleur.

It should look exactly like that after your done. If you're logged in, you can click that link and edit it at the same time.

Last edited by petitefleur; 08-04-2011 at 09:28 AM.
petitefleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Height: 5'7

Holy thread blowin' up! LoL!

Here are my thoughts on the post issues:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumelle View Post
I understand that updating a single post keeps the thread shorter, but is anyone really going to go back and check anyone else's post (especially once the thread gets over a certain amount of pages)? If I don't go all the way back to page 1 - 5 to check those pages everyday, I won't know who isn't updating, who needs extra words of encouragement or who is on track.

So, if we are only going to update a single post, I suggest that we link each person's username to their update post in the original post. That way, we can just jump right to each person's post with a single click.

I went back and deleted my other posts from the 2nd and 3rd, so I'll just update my original post from the first day.
I think that this sounds like a great compromise. In my initial post starting the challenge, I did ask that users simply edit their original post to reflect progress to streamline the thread, but I understand the reasoning behind posting new posts as well. (And if new postings after a workout was keeping people motivated, I decided that was the important thing. ) However, I think that jumelle's idea of linking to your update is the perfect meeting ground.

So...what do you guys think about putting a link to your progress post in each of your signatures? I think it would be an nice, easy way to check up on eachother's progress while we're chatting instead of having to sift through pages of posts. Let me know what you think, and I'll make it a decree! In the meantime, I'm going to go ahead and do it so that I can see whether it will be as convenient as I think it will be.
kariatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by petitefleur View Post
There's a little '#' sign and a number in each of your posts in the top right hand corner. Find your original post and then right click and copy the link.

Then you go to a new post (or your signature) and type your username. Highlight it with your mouse and then click the icon for a URL (the globe with the paperclip). Paste the link and you should have a direct link to your original post.

petitefleur.

It should look exactly like that after your done. If you're logged in, you can click that link and edit it at the same time.
Thanks so much! It's in my sig now!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #83  

Ok, I've got it in my sig too!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #84  

Thread Announcement!

Hey ladies! In order to streamline the thread to make it more convesation friendly and give all participants an easy way to keep tabs on how their fellow challenge chicks are doing, I've decided that we will change the way many of us have been posting workouts.

Rather than copying your previous post into a new post, everyone will now just edit one post to reflect progress and then put a link to that post in their respective signatures.

petitefleur gave some great instructions on how to make a link to your progress post, which I've included below.

I've already made the changes in my signature and so have several other participants. (Check our siggies - I think this is going to work really well!)

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petitefleur View Post

petitefleur.

Last edited by kariatari; 08-04-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 278.8/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimkovs View Post
im falling off the bandwagon. i've magically MAGICALLY managed to gain like 3.5 lbs, even though I haven't eaten anything significant. i'm sick *snivel snivel*, cranky, and NOT IMPRESSED. this makes me want to eat my fridge. my whole fridge. encasement included. hahaha even though my fridge is surprisingly empty at the moment. i don't think i've cooked a thing since saturday. i also haven't been to yoga since tuesday since my throat closed up and i had to leave the class.

can we have a moment of anger at office air conditioning and it's stupid ability to make everyone sick, and hungry? grrrrrr
Don't fret. Your weight gain might be water retention. Focus on getting better and get back on track once you are.

Last edited by megmix; 08-04-2011 at 10:54 AM.
megmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #86  

stimkovs, it's probably just water. I think our bodies tend to hang on to water when we get sick. I managed to gain close to 3 lbs too, but I'm chalking it up to water weight gained during a carb bender I went on with my two girlfriends when I made zucchini herb pasta, bruschetta, a peach tart and served it with 3 bottles of wine. take megmix's advice and focus on getting better! (Although, I do find that some light cardio helps ease congestion and sniffles for me)
Old 08-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #87  

Height: 5'9''

Wow, there are some serious exercisers in this thread! I feel like a lazy person now :P I'm so glad we're doing this, it's gonna keep me motivated, and I like that it's a long-term challenge.

I'll put link to my post as soon as I get a signature option in my CP. Can't wait for it I want a ticker sooo bad
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Got MY Link Up! Keep up the hard work everyone!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #89  

embuhlee - saw you have a 6 month coming up with your bf. Are you guys doing anything to celebrate? How far away from you does he live?

KamsMoma - I'm so excited you did the before/after pics! You're going to be so stoked when you see your after pics!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #90  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 260/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Eek. I've been bad. I didn't exercise Tuesday or Wednesday. It's just been SO hot. 110 temperatures take the drive out of you!

Luckily, it cooled down today so I got outside and walked for about 40 minutes. Hope everyone is doing well!
melni is offline   Reply With Quote