Old 02-16-2011, 02:06 AM   #31  
sugar is the devil

Yah my boyfriend knows my weight. I also told him that I gained 40lbs since when we first started dating almost a year ago. I dunno, I guess I'm not as ashamed to let my boyfriend know my number. I mean, he sees me everyday so it's hard to hide my weight from him. At one point in my life, I would be horrified to let someone know what I weighed. But I think since I've been trying new things, started going to the gym years ago, etc, that I've become more comfortable with letting people know (boosting my self confidence). He also knows I'm trying to lose weight (and he's trying to gain... he's naturally skinny), so we update each other occasionally on how we are both doing. Also, we moved to this city last fall and I hardly know a single soul here. He's pretty much my only nearest-present support. I do get some from my family and friends back in my home town but it's just not the same - I need a buddy to walk with and to motivate me. Once the snow clears up a bit more, we are going to try jogging with each other!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:32 AM   #32  
Berry and Me

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My husband knows how much I weigh. He's been my best friend for the last 11 years. We talk about it all the time. When I lose I'm very excited and I always tell him. He's very supportive.

I used to talk about the number to my MIL but then she got a little weird so now I don't talk numbers with her. We talk about healthy foods instead. My FIL has issues with cholesterol and what not so she knows a lot about changing your life style.
Lauren201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:24 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I refused to tell my boyfriend for ages. I told him how much I'd lost (the first time I did it, and this time) but only recently (probably about 2-3 months after I decided to make changes PERMANENTLY in July last year) did I actually tell him how much I'd weighed at my highest, how much I weighed in July last year - and now I tell him when I do my weigh-ins because I love that he can share my happiness of loss with me.
I was embarassed for so long because I knew how much he weighed and that I weighed so much more. I finally weigh less than him, and while it's not a huge deal, I'm happy about it.
And of course he's with me because he likes me, not the number on the scale.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 205/193.2/135

Height: 5'3"

My fiance knows how much I weigh. He is usually there when I weigh myself and he checks up on me when he isn't, because he knows it motivates me. For the longest time I was bigger than him, but even knowing that he never cared and loved me just the same. And honestly, I think it would be harder on me if he didn't know.

As for my family, I've never talked about my weight with them. My mom is tiny tiny and it is just embarrassing to talk about it with her. The hardest part is that she doesn't understand because she has never had to go to the gym and work out. It's frustrating, but at least I have my fiance to support me.
SweetPeach3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:40 AM   #35  
Sassy, Classy, & Badassey

S/C/G: 239/221.8/135-ish?

Height: 5'5

Okay an update... so I thought I hit 199 today. (But I didn't - see my post about my cruel scale for an explanation)... After getting so excited just to be let down, it put me in a bad mood. So when my boyfriend woke up, he could tell something was wrong. And while explaining what had happened, I told him the scale had basically shown me a number I really wanted to see and then took it away. He interrupted me during this and nonchalantly said "a number with a one in the front?" to which I squealed and said "YES!" and gave him a big hug. He's the best. No judgement. No weird faces like I thought. He still loves me just the same! (Okay, I know I'm kind of overdramatic... but I literally thought the world would end if he knew my weight) But he made me feel completely comfortable about it. And then, to celebrate my still-very-important (but not as exciting as hitting onederland) weightloss he made me some healthy FiberOne blueberry pancakes! Yum!
badassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:44 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 270/184/135

Height: 5'4"

I used to kind of dance around it but now I'm very open about it... right now, even though I'm still very overweight, I'm proud of the weight I am today because it's 40 lbs lighter since later year and 20 lbs lighter than I was last month—and that's a big deal to me. So I kind of let go of keeping it from him and he's let go of keeping it from me and we've both been really excited to tell each other what the scale says lately. It's a very liberating feeling to just be open with him about it.
Runic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

I don't have a significant other, but the guy I have a crush on knows how much I weigh. He was telling me that I didn't need to lose anymore weight and that I should just maintain. I told him that I weigh more than he thinks and that acording to BMI charts, I could lose another 25 lbs and still be at a "healthy" weight. (I would never go that low) He had a shocked look on his face so I just told him that I weigh 163. He's the same height as me and weighs about 155. When I was still heavy I would have never told someone my weight, but now I'm totally ok with everyone knowing.
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 247/197/175

Height: 5'6

I think the only person that knows my true weight is my gynecologist cause he's the only doctor I've gone to see in the last year lol. I'm just really not comfortable telling the men I date what I weigh. I normally date guys who are in excellent shape and I don't want to tell them that what they weigh in muscle, I weight in fat.
tinamariex16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #39  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

my husband knows about what i weigh but he doesn't know specifics. the numbers mean virtually nothing to him anyway.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepping View Post
My husband knows. He is my biggest support for when my weight goes down -- and when it goes up too.

Plus, with how much I focus on managing my weight, I would feel a little insane if I kept things secret. Especially since I share everything else that happens with my body. (I think he knows far more than the average man about the changes that happen in a woman. the poor boy. LoL )
Same here! lol but without his support I dont know how i could of stayed so positive..
LA85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #41  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

My guy knows everything, in pretty good detail.

Weight. Clothing sizes. Highest weight. Goal weight. Current wait. Average weight fluctuations. Height. Shoe size. Bra size. Period schedule. Period flow (I have SUPER SUPER heavy periods sometimes and when I'm on incredibly heavy flow days, he's sure to make dinner with extra iron, and knows to be super gentle and let me rest, because I get soooo worn out). Blood type. Food allergies. Medical allergies. Anything he could ever need to know!

He's always been super fit, and weighed less than I have throughout our entire relationship - but he's the least judgmental person I know so I feel 100% safe giving that information to him. Also, his dad's a doctor, and everyone in his family is super athletic so he grew up in a house where the guys were constantly crash dieting to make weight for sports - and dinner conversations usually at one point or another turned to calories, body fat percentages, and how many days left until they had to weigh in. Basically, he's a way better guesser at this point about what people weigh than I could ever be!

Plus, he's already seen me naked. What difference would the number make???
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #42  
rukiddingme

S/C/G: 340/304/180

Height: 5'7"

Yes, my husband knows my weight but it was out of necessity I have the dreaded apple shape and whenever i bend over to read the numbers on the scale it keeps jumping around...lol.
rukiddingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #43  
No excuses, No regrets.

S/C/G: 278/190/175

Height: 5'9

Nope! lol... The last time I told someone my weight was when i was 14.... The last time i remember not minding my weight! haha.

I'm not married... but I would hope I would be able to tell my husband.... but truth be told, that is a lie... I know i wouldnt! At least not at my current weight.
La Vie Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

I've never been one to really hide my weight. I will tell all my friends, my family and yes, my husband knows. My husband and I actually talk about our weight very often because we both try to lose weight and stay healthy so it's a common theme in our lives. lol

Now I am proud of where I am after losing 25 pounds, but even at my heaviest I would still tell my weight, I think I even told my husband pretty soon into us dating. lol
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

My man knows too! I get too excited when I lose a pound NOT to tell him!
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote