Old 01-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184 / 182 / 118

Height: 5'3"

Red face This makes me want to scream... or cry...

A guy friend of mine photoshopped a picture and sent it to me today. The caption was "U @ 200 POUNDS".

Here is my actual picture:

I'm not upset that he photoshopped it; he meant it as a harmless joke

HOWEVER

He must think that I'm waaaaaaaay far off from 200 pounds and I'm not! As of 2 weeks ago, I was only 15 f*ing pounds under!!! Now I'm about 20, but thats nether here nor there. I can't imagine what he would think if he knew I was that close to his idea of a far out humorous weight... Ugh. Now I'm disgusted and embarrassed even more than I used to be. FML lol

I'm glad I don't look as much as I weigh but at the same time, I weigh a LOT for my height. Does anyone get where I'm coming from or am I losing it?
ANewMeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #2  

No, I get where you're coming from! That was a tactless joke anyway!

Sometimes when I'm out with friends, and there are friends of friends who are hanging out (esp guys), I cringe when they talk about other overweight people esp girls. When a girl around our age walks by, and they're overweight, they're like oh wow look at her shes like 200lbs or she's a whale. And to me, she looks way in better shape than me. I get really hesitant and self conscious... I'm more near 300 or was up until 20 lbs ago... makes me start thinking what they would say about me when I'm not here or if they knew my actual weight and get the same way as you -- disgusted and embarrassed that I let myself get this big!

Unless you've been overweight or are close to someone who has battled their weight, I think a lot of people lack the knowledge or common sense to know 200lbs as high as that might sound... is more common than they know.. and is not the end all be all number for overweight people. Being fat doesnt mean instantly you're 200lbs. Shoot, if i reached 200 lbs sometimes soon, I'd actually be happy to have achieved that (but would still work on losing more)!!!!!!

Anyway, you look amazing, congrats on your weight loss. Think of it this way, you wont be weighing what you weight now soon, you're working towards achieving your goal, and soon will be the right height and weight for you!
Merissa2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I think I would have lost it if someone did that to me! I would seriously have ranted and raved at him and had a huge fit and stuff. How insensitive! Why did he think you would find that funny?? Was he thinking at all??
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 368/336/165

Height: 5'6"

Honestly, when people do that, I'm disgusted with myself, yeah, but I'm even more disgusted by the fact that these people are being such douchebags. I mean, I can change and want to and am changing, them however...well I often wonder if they will EVER change or if they will ever even WANT to change.
iHeartU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

I honestly think guys (most of them anyway) don't know how much 200 pounds looks or 300 pounds, etc. And I also think they don't take height into consideration. I'm close to 200 pounds, but I'm tall, so I (hope) don't look like a "whale" (or other horrible name these insensitive morons use). I would be pissed if someone sent me that picture, but by saying "this is you at 200 lbs" I really think it just shows how incorrect his perception is. Plus, hello, weight distributes differently for everyone. I have four chins and a full face, but (although far from perfect) the rest of me is okay-ish. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.
Don't take it personally when he says things like that. His perception is wrong. Take it as a compliment that you don't look your weight (or as I would do, call him an @$$ hole and say he needs to be more sensitive to people...weight issues often have deeper ties).
He did a good job, though. lol. It really looks like it could be you if you gained weight.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #6  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

FYI, this is a new free app that is out, so try not to let this puffed up exaggerated pic get to you. You're a beautiful girl! & he's a stupid @ss boy to send it to you!

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 01-13-2011 at 05:53 PM.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 184 / 182 / 118

Height: 5'3"

He's pretty much a pig anyway lol And I know he'd give his left arm to ummm "be with me" (aka sex) because he tells me all the time. I am so so sooooo sensitive about my weight and appearance but I kinda laughed the picture off. Although since I ran home to post about it, I guess it bothers me more than I first admitted.

Now I'm terrified of anyone finding out my real weight because I'm sure they'd be disgusted. Blah.
ANewMeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Remember, someone finding out your "real" weight doesn't change how you look or how you feel. It is just a number! You got this, girl!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Height: 5'8"

ewww what a jerk keep your head up girlie your gorgeous!!!!
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #10  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Insensitive, yes, but I ditto the sentiment that men (and many women) simply don't have a clue how much real women weigh. Remember, they see a lot of the same skinny chick images, and hear the same ridiculously low weight thrown around in Hollywood (for women) that we do. All he has to do is stand in line at a grocery store or 7-11 to see rags featuring stories of Whoever Such-and-Such and their oh-so-traumatic struggle to get below 100 pounds.

Don't let it bother you, you're a beautiful girl as is.

//b. strong
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

****This might be a little inappropaite****

I would take a pic of him and photoshop it with a itty-bitty-teenie-weenie. See how he likes it. An eye for an eye! He might get the hint. Just sayin'.
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Ohhhhmygod I would have had a melt down. You are not being ridiculous.

I agree with all of the above posters, men often don't know what "real" women weigh.

If it's any consolation, I asked a male coworker once what he thought I weighed, and the estimate he gave me was a full 35 pounds heavier than I am. I felt a wee bit crushed.

It's nobody's business what you weigh! You are on your own personal journey to a number that feels right to you, but at the end of the day it's just that-- a number. What really matters is your health, your happiness, and your willingness to keep striving every day toward your goals.

Screw him!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #13  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I dont think people would be disgusted to find out, it would probably just be a reality check for them. I agree, lots of people dont know what people weigh. I had someone say they thought i weighed around 40kg the other day (88 pounds). I didnt really know what to say to that, it was so ridiculous
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

I would be upset, for sure. I'm impressed with how cool you are about it.

About three months after I started losing weight, I was hanging out with a friend of mine. She had this random movie in her car, that was about a shoe company that started making reinforced heels for Drag Queens; since the men were so much taller and "heavier" than the average movie, the plot was based around the idea that they kept breaking the heels during shows. While she was telling me this story, she said "I mean, they were like big men. You know, like 250lbs, to they really did need reinforced heels". I didn't have much of a response, since I had started my journey 10lbs heavier then the men in the movie. It made me realize that a lot of people don't have any concept of what a 250lb person really looks like
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Wow you deserve to have better friends than that. First he insults you and then you are made to feel that you should "laugh it off" because your feelings are irrelevant to his insensitive maleness? No I dont think so. If you value your friendship with this person you should tell him when the time is right how you feel about the picture and how you originally reacted. Dont cheapen yourself for anyone. Especially a guy who, if your relationship progresses, will obviously never respect all this hard work you are doing!
The Last Noel is offline   Reply With Quote