Old 01-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post

MrsD - see, I love my peanut butter. I bought a jar of the Better N Peanut butter and threw it out after tasting it once. It just was not for me. Granted, I can't keep real peanut butter in my house because I will eat it out of the jar, but its a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
I was really skeptical because I didn't want to pay almost $6 for a 16 oz jar and not like it. That would have SUCKED! It definitely isn't BETTER than PB, but it is nice. In my opinion, it's a good substitute! And, it's the lowest point PB I could find, no matter the price. 1 pts+ for 1 Tbsp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
Yaaaay vodka
My husband makes fun of me because I went from not being a drinker, to really being in Wine (about 2X a week, not HEAVY into wine) to not having anything, to being into light beer! At first, I just didn't want to try to have just 1 glass of wine while on WW. Then the pointsplus came out and 4 oz of wine is now 4 pts+! I can have 12 oz of Bud Light Lime, or 12 Oz of Corona Light for 2 pts+!!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #62  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

See, the first time I did WW I focused so heavily on "lower point food" - this time I'm not so concerned with the points as the satisfaction value. I'd load up on low point foods and still be hungry or just not be happy with what I just ate. I love food, so enjoying it is a big part of eating.

Someone was talking about the Health Choice Fresh Mixers - they're 8 points so "high." But you know what, they're filling and they actually taste good! And pasta is great fuel if I'm going to work out at the end of the day. So I'm not so worried about the fact that peanut butter is high in points, because it fills me up, I enjoy it, and its a great recovery food after exercise.

I also try to shy away from heavily processed stuff (its why Hungry Girl and I don't get along) so I'd rather have a bit of the natural peanut butter every so often than the processed stuff more. But this is just what I've found works for me, and I think everyone's different.

I didn't drink until I was 21. I still hate beer, and wine is one of my favorite things ever (but I don't really consider it alcoholic - more of something that goes well with food) - but vodka, oh, how I love it.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Happy Friday!

stella - you have a great attitude about weight loss. Very similar to my mom's. She's been on WW for about three years and has lost about 45 lbs I think. She's done it before, but always gained it back. She's been at lifetime now for over a year (I think). She is very into the slow weight loss. I guess I need to just stop thinking too far into the future. I was thinking about that this morning regarding smoking. I was like "How am I gonna get through this weekend without a cigarette, and then next weekend how am I gonna get through a weekend in Vegas without a pack, etc." and then I just stopped myself and thought "Hey, I don't need to think about next weekend. I need to think about here and now. I need to drive to work without stopping to buy a pack." Small steps. Makes sense.

Thanks for the support, ladies.

Well, I've been completely on plan since Monday. Yay me. And the weekend is within reach. I think I need to plan some planned treats. Or it'll be another weekend where I just eat the world and then don't track. It's hard because my boyfriend and I typically play video games and munch all weekend. As much as I love apples and bananas and oranges and broccoli and tomatoes, I'm not at a point where that's what I crave when I feel the munchies come on. Oh well, it's a work in progress. I'm gonna hit the store and buy some "healthy" munchies and see what happens.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #64  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Ade - exactly. Small steps.

I hesitate to say "one meal at a time" because you have to plan (or I have to plan) but it really is just that. If you screw up at breakfast, fine, okay, then be better at lunch. Baby steps.

As far as healthy munchies go...soy crisps and pop chips are kind of awesome. They're salty enough to pass for chips...

Also, really, if you haven't gotten into it - hummus is so friggin amazing its hard for me to not curse as I discuss how much I love it. Its so rich and flavorful (my favorite is the roasted red pepper) and if you get chopped up veggies its so heavenly. I've found that if something has crunch and flavor, I don't miss the junk food aspect of it. Just be careful, because its high in fat - but good fat.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #65  

I LOVE hummus! Absolutely love it. I don't like it as much with veggies, I much prefer wheat thins, but my problem is I lack in self control. It might be on my list of "Can't keep in the house" foods. You know what's really good? Hummus as a spread. On anything. Veggie Burgers especially. YUM!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

I second the soy crisps! Anybody tried yogi chips? Someone offered me a couple and they were pretty good but I don't really know much about them besides they are gluten free and pretty much yucca chips.

Anyway I am doing pretty well this week. I had a conversation with my husband about portion sizes that went pretty well. I told him that I went to a friends house for dinner and her portion sizes were tiny (she is also tiny). And before I even got there he says "it's probably closer to the actual portion size you should have". Exactly my point! The amount of food we used to buy is how much food we will be buying when we have kids to feed too! He agreed and we talked a little about the food habits we would like to instill in our children. What a great conversation, especially since my husband is one of those who shys away from any conversations about children! LOL

Last edited by KayNicole; 01-07-2011 at 02:36 PM.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #67  

kay - sounds like a very good conversation with the husband! just went to that autocorrect site. sooo funny.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #68  

Anybody have any fun weekend plans? I will be continuing to unpack over the weekend and then I have to pack for my Disney trip. Lots to do before I leave. I wish I had given myself more time to settle in before this trip though. lol
Old 01-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #69  

No plans here. Sleep. And play video games. Good news, though. I went to the grocery store during lunch (instead of my walk...oops) and got loads of fruit and some "fun" breakfasts for the weekend. I'm so over my oatmeal. I can deal with it at work because there isn't much choice at 7am, but over the weekend, I know if I'm not prepared with some I WANT, I'll eat crap. So I'm feeling positive about staying on plan. Also, the bf needs to lost 8 lbs by the end of the month, so he'll be eating his own stuff and won't go out to eat, so no (hopefully) temptations there.

Disneyland or World (or cruise, I guess)? I totally live 15 minutes from Disneyland.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #70  

World. I have never been to Disneyland but I have been to Disney World a ton of times. I am not too worried about eating poorly though. My Disney experience is a little different than most. My parents work there and live like 15 minutes away so we usually go home to eat rather than the crazy restaurants.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #71  

Oh, nice. I've never been to Disney World. That's how we do Disney, too. We usually bring snacks and go right when it opens. Then when it gets crowded, we head home and eat. And go back in the evening. I had a pass last year so we went all the time and usually only stayed for a few hours. Those passes are so popular, though and it is SO crowded all the time.
I hope you have fun!! How long will you be gone?
Old 01-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #72  

It should be nice and dead at Disney World. It's the slow time now. That is one nice thing about how BIG it is, even though there are still thousands of people visiting... there are multiple parks and they are all pretty big. And since I have been there a ton of times I am pretty much heading straight for all the new stuff. I might hit up a few classics while I am there but I really just want to see the new stuff. Everyone tells me not to bother going to Disneyland. Since I know Disney World so well they tell me I will only be disappointed (because it is so small). I figure I will wait until I have kids. lol
Old 01-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #73  

Oh and duh, forgot to say for how long. I will be gone Wed-Mon. But I will still be online so I will be around.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #74  
superfab

S/C/G: I don't care about my weight.

Height: 5'7"

OH JEEZ. Hey all, I had started a 20-somethings WW thread a few days ago because I couldn't find one ANYWHERE, so I'm glad I found one; and hopefully the ladies that participated on mine will bring themselves on over.

I'm 20, I started WW Online Monday, and so far I think it's going good. I have been drinking a lot more water than I usually do, and my skin looks fabulous.

My only concern is that I feel like I'm eating a LOT more than usual. Perhaps because I'm no longer eating sugary stuff that makes my blood sugar drop quickly after eating it.

My starting weight is 207.6, and I'm hoping to be somewhere around 160 by the summer. Six months? Is that a reasonable goal? Should I be trying to stay under my points every day or should I use them every day? I've gone over a bit into the weekly allowance pretty much every day so far, maybe because I'm just getting used to the program.

Not going over today, though <3
KoriHallelujah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #75  

Kay - that'll be fun! I'm sure you'd be disappointed. It is small. If they have it, make sure you hit the Toy Story Mania ride. It sounds dumb (or it did to me), but it is seriously my second favorite ride! (The DW commercial has it, so it can't just be at DL, or so I assume).

Kori - welcome! Any interest in the meetings? It's easy to eat a lot when you are choosing lower point stuff. Especially since fruit is free. *happy dance* That's a reasonable goal, but don't be discouraged if you don't hit it (wow, that sounds pretty negative). Make sure you set mini goals so if you aren't progressing quickly toward your big goal, you are celebrating the changes you are making now. I hear you are supposed to hit your target each day to make sure you are eating enough. Not eating enough slows your metabolism down and can result in a stall. So basically don't eat under (1 or 2 points shouldn't mess with that though). Some people add 7 of their weekly allowance points to each day, and others don't use them at all. And then others use them all at once. Just make sure you aren't depriving yourself or you'll go on a five week binge (like I just got off of...). Glad you are here! It is always fun to see a new face or two!