Old 01-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Default .:.20-Somethings WW January Thread.:.

MrsD - I am pretty sure you can use them all week, but at the end of the week, just like allowance points, you use 'em or lose 'em!
Kay - looking forward to the hair pics...you did it yourself, right?

Me: well tomorrow is back to full force. I bought enough healthy food to make it through my work day and I get paid tomorrow so the plan is to go grocery shopping tomorrow night. I'm trying out the Beck Diet Solution again (can't remember when I tried it, but it was working, just got bogged down in school). For those of you that don't know what it is, basically it's a cognitive therapy plan to use in conjunction with any sensible diet. I'll also be working full time from now on, so my goal is to walk on my lunch breaks (weather permitting, of course). I can eat at my desk while working, so I figure a 45-60 min walk five days a week will be good for me. I'm trying not to make huge expectations of myself so I don't burn out. I also started a blog...it is kind of a work in progress at this point. But the boyfriend says he thinks I'd be a good writer, so I'm giving that a shot.

Happy New Year! I feel like this one is going to be good!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

I will be getting in on this thread effective tomorrow, as I am joining weight watchers! I have done it before, but got pregnant, and they 'kicked' me out, lol. I am excited to be active in this thread, and look forward to sharing victories with all of you. Will post my official weigh in weight tomorrow!
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:02 AM   #3  

jaimie - welcome! I haven't weighed in at WW since November...so Thursday will be my "official" weigh day (I love the leader in that meeting, and she only does Monday and Thursday meetings...Monday is too soon after weekends for me lol). Hope your holidays went well!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 304/304/200

Height: 5'4

Tomorrow will be my first weigh in three weeks
I, kind of got off track during winter break. Tomorrow I will start to get back
on track =)
Nikeolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

OK feeling good! I just opted for an apple over ice cream and berries. Yay!! I also picked up some new workout pants that are a bit too snug. Now I can be reminded of just how much I have to work when I put them on! lol
Anyway here is the hair pic. Sorry it's a terrible picture (cell phone) I don't know where my cameras are at the moment.

So it doesn't show up much here but the crown of my head is lighter than the ends, which I kind of expected since I need a hair cut and I plan on getting a hair cut this week if I can, but when I try to compare the ends to the roots they look the same! weird. I picked up a shade darker tonight. We will see how long it takes before I redo it.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #6  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies- hope you all enjoyed your holidays.

I was on vacation from Christmas Even until...today. Hard to get back to work today...that's for sure.

I took a break from Weight Watchers too. I needed some time to just not have to count and think and whatever. So I'm expecting a 2-3lb gain this week (there was no meeting in my area last week for me to even go to). But that's okay. I'm back at it full force today.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #7  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

I got really really sick last week - it was 2010's last ditch effort to make my life miserable - so I didn't really eat on plan or count or exercise. I was back to the gym yesterday and today, and I have my meals prepared for the rest of the week (school starts so I have to plan) and I'm feeling good about it.

I'll weigh tomorrow or Wednesday (whenever I remember). I'm expecting to still be up because of last week and PMS, but that's okay, it will come off
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #8  

Kay, I think the hair looks nice! But pictures make it hard to tell!

I weighed in this morning at home. 177.6...and WW is usually higher, so I'm really kicking it into gear. so far, so good. I've got lots of work to do, so I'll be in and out all day! Happy Monday!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:49 AM   #9  

19-wish I could shoot some points your way I had a pretty bad headache so I went to sleep after work for about six hours...and after eating dinner I still have 11 points. Thanks, free fruits!

I feel happy to be back in control. I know weigh-in on Thursday isn't going to be pretty. But I'm okay with that. I screwed up, I'm taking responsibility and moving on. I went to the grocery store (I was holding off with the intention of cooking, who am I kidding? frozen dinners and low-sodium soups for me this week) and actually wrote the points on everything I bought. Darn, those frozen dinners seem to have gone way up in points! I know, I know, my apple, and pear were free, so I have to pay for it somewhere...have a lovely evening (though I bet most of you are asleep!).
Old 01-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #10  
Brighter than the moon!

WOO HOO. 167.2 WITH PMS. Which means I really didn't gain any weight over Christmas.

So pumped. So so so so so pumped.

Also, I don't know what I'd do without activity points. Although if I didn't work out this much I probably wouldn't be as hungry as I am. I try not to eat all of them, but sometimes I just can't help it. I had to have 6/10 of them yesterday, but that was after running and swimming so I'm cool with it.

How do you all handle your activity points?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #11  

stella - I am pretty lazy. So it isn't often that I earn them. I did walk yesterday on my lunch, so I probably earned 2 or so. When I do earn them (rarely, though my goal is to start walking) I try to ignore them. But obviously if I'm starving, I'll eat. Don't know if that was helpful at all, but that's what I do.

I have awful heartburn and hickups this morning. Ugh.
And I was UP to 178.4 this morning...I'm certain it has to do with my late night eating last night. Oh well. I'm still positive!!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #12  

Congrats Stella!

Ade- I so know what you mean with the heart burn! I don't eat past like 8 anymore. I also discovered I can't eat pizza after like 3 in the afternoon if I want to avoid heartburn that night! lol pizza is my stomachs arch nemesis. But I have it pretty under control now that I know my triggers and time limits.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #13  
Brighter than the moon!

Ade - if I don't exercise, I go slightly insane. Actually, more than slightly. This training stuff is kind of an excuse to keep me in the gym/outside and out of my insanity. It also helps me keep more focused with stuff.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #14  

Saw this today and thought of you ladies.

1970's WW recipe cards...
http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html

Some of these look good but boy am I glad we have better options in some cases!!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #15  

Stella - I know if I start exercising consistently I go insane if I skip it. It's the getting to that point that is hard. And then usually getting really sick makes me lose it again...

kay - I'm not sure what the deal with heartburn is...though I did have a meatball lean pocket around 1 am...so perhaps that was it. Thanks for that link to the old recipes. I would not be able to make it on that diet lol. Much more happy with the points!