Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Shasha, don't fret too much! You'll get there! You're so close to the 140s!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #122  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Okay girls, I am done stuffing my face - I swear! The scale was way up from my ticker this morning, LIKE way up. I DO NOT belong in this thread, but I am staying haha - sorry.

But it was enough to get my but in gear again. I know some of it is water weight - but a lot of it isn't. I am going for dinner tonight, but I tracked up calories up until dinner and tomorrow I will fully track. I will probably get crab cakes/salad for dinner.

Anyway, enough is enough.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

thanks globe! just took some progress pics to help me feel better... compared to the pics I have from 13lbs heavier, I look soooo much better! yay that's a pick-me-up

sotypical, glad to have u back and on track!

Last edited by shasha12; 07-13-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

Shasha: I'm so glad you got a pick me up! I took some pictures at around 150, so I can't wait to lose a little more to see a difference. Also, I'm not quite sure how I managed to go down. Hopefully it won't catch up with me. I'm trying to do good! Plus, most of the calories for the weekend were drinks, so... :S

sotypical: Yay! I'm happy you're back with us!

As for me:Things are going pretty well. I got a little stressed last night because one of my bridesmaids messaged me and told me that she probably won't be able to make my wedding (less than three weeks before the wedding!). AAAGGGGHHHHH I wanted to stuff my face with sweets and high calorie foods, but I talked it out and managed not to do so. I think it will all turn out okay if she doesn't make it, but it doesn't make me too happy.

Today I've done pretty well and it's suppose to be hot hot hot tomorrow. Therefore, the plan is to lay out in the sun and be and enjoy myself. Yay!

Last edited by tropica; 07-14-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 159/132/120

Height: 5'4

I am terrified of my WI tomorrow I've had a really bad couple of days except for an awesome workout on Sunday. I'm not quitting or anything but I feel fat and like I will never get below 140.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:54 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

I'm right there will you, Tina! It seems like it is taking so long...But you're so close! You can do it!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

That's awful, tropica! As a bridesmaid this summer myself, I can't imagine doing that.

No change today. I am feeling dehydrated and gross because of the heat. Oh well, I had several good days in a row!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #128  

tropica, i'm so sorry about the bridesmaid! hope she can make it, but at least you know it'll be ok if she can't! good job side stepping the resulting binge urge.

tinasgoal, do u weigh once a week? WI is terrifying when u know you've been off plan, but I find it's the best way to get me back on track. you will get out of the 140s, just keep going!

girlinwaterglobe, i really like ur name, what's it from? haha. well done keeping ur spirits up when you've seen no change. it's all about the long haul, woman. something's got to happen if u stay on plan!

as for me... I have been OP calorie-wise the past 3 days, and the scale is still inexplicably up. I don't get it. I'm nervous because today is a high calorie day (I'm cycling cals). I do remember back when I first started weight loss in Jan that I dropped 6 lbs the first week, then gained them back the next week, then lost 3, then started losing steadily. So maybe, since I was eating at maintenance for a month and a half, my body is doing the same thing now. Lost 3 lbs the first week, gained them back, then i'll lose a little, then start losing steadily? Who knows... but my fingers are crossed.

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm off to the gym
Old 07-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #129  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Hey girls! Looks like we're having some ups and downs, but my new attitude is that it's just best not to think about it that hard. It'll seriously drive you crazy! I absolutely LOVE not having a scale- I trank TONS of Chinese beer (or China beers as we kept calling them) last night and didn't think twice. I also just got up and ate a banana and cookies for breakfast (missed breakfast in the cafeteria) and I can honestly say that I don't care and have absolute indifference toward what that may or may not do to the number on the scale! I feel free! I have been going running and doing JM workouts in my room, mostly because it just feels good to exercise. Someone mentioned sticking to oil/msg covered veggies and tofu, which I always do- mostly because those things are at least recognizable! Going on some adventures today since we have a day off. I have a blog about being in China- you can check it out if you want:

www.kyleeschinablog.weebly.com

sotypical, don't even think about leaving us! You'll make it back to the 150s soon... hope you enjoyed your dinner!

sasha, progress pics are great. I saw a picture my friend took of me last night and I was a little surprised by how thin I looked... those are always nice surprises.

tropica, that bridesmaid thing sounds frustrating, but laying in the sun sounds amazing! I wish the sun here weren't constantly covered by a thick layer of smog!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #130  
Starting Fresh

tuende - sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Sometimes I think about smashing my scale, hahahaha.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #131  

hi tuende!! your blog is awesome! i'm excited to read more your zest is motivating woman!

for me, the scale was a little lower today, even after my high calorie day yesterday, but in general it is stiiiiiiiiiill up from my low last fri. I am doing EVERYTHING right the only thing i can think of is that my cals are too low--i've been staying around 1200, with high days being 1350-1450. so i think i'm going to up my cycling to a 1500cal/day avg and see what that does.
tomorrow marks 2 weeks of being back OP. woo
Old 07-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 183/149/115

Height: 4'11"

Hey girls,
Hope everyone is having a splendid week.
Sasha~hang in there girlie before you know it you will be pleasantly surprised just around the corner you will find a lower weigh in. Just keep up the good work.
Tuende~ It sounds like your having a great time. It is great you are keeping up with your exercising. I am going to read your blog after this

Sotypical~ It is better to stay here regardless of what the scale says. This is a good place for you to get support. Everyone here will be behind you as you work through this. You will be back to where you want to be before you know it!

Tropica~I am so sorry to hear about your bridesmaid. I am glad to hear you have it all worked out though. I am so proud of you for having a lower number on the scale AFTER your bachelorette party... That is amazing girl

Girlinwaterglobe~Keep up the good work !!!

Tina~ you will get there eventually...I sometimes feel the same way about me getting to my next goal. That is how I always feel...like a turtle walking a mile...we will eventually get there but it may not come as fast as we want it to be.

SO...I didn't see any compliments from anyone to their-selves!!!!!I will try to re-start that lil tradition we had going...

SELF~ I like your dedication and hard work.....As for the body, one thing I like about myself is my skin...it is soft...
Old 07-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 183/149/115

Height: 4'11"

Welcome Bellona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d
Old 07-16-2010, 06:46 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 155/155/130

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone!

I'm kinda new here. I'm getting started in the mid 150s. I started my diet on Monday, and so far I've been perfect, but now Friday is here, and I'm scared for my first weekend on the diet. Seeing that some of you have lost like 15, 20, and 30 pounds is CRAZY cool. How motivating! I'm hoping an online community like this will help me stay motivated.

Basicallly, I started at 155, and I'm down to 152 already (which I understand that like the first 2-5 lbs is typically just water weight). I just graduated college in May, and over the course of my 4 years in college I managed to gain 40 lbs. I know it's probably not realistic to get down to my high school weight, but I think if I could get off 30-35 lbs I would feel wonderful about myself!

My biggest thing right now is that I feel hungry all the time, and during my work day it's not a big deal because I'm pretty busy, but like I said I'm very nervous for the weekend.

If anyone has any advice on how to avoid/overcome the weekend munchies, I would MUCH appreciate it. I really could use the help w/ nutrition advice. I LOVE working out. Working out has never been a problem for me (actually, if anyone would like help with fitness, I would be glad to help!). Unfortunately my problem in the past is that no matter how much I work out, I always manage to take in more calories than I burn. So yea, now that I'm trying to 180 my diet, I would love to hear your nutritional advice, particularly on how to stay full!

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it, and I look forward to getting to know some of you, your weight loss journey (ups and downs!), and any success stories.

Liz =)
Old 07-16-2010, 07:38 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys,

I'm new here too. I'm so glad that I found this place because even though I've been losing weight over the last few months, it's very slow going so I could use the motivation.

Basically, I lost a bunch of weight a couple of years ago and then gained some (but not all, thankfully) back when I started grad school and moved in with my boyfriend. This winter/spring I started at 160 and am now down to 145.

One of the things that's made a huge difference to me is exercise. It's how I lost the weight originally (couch to 5k!) and now I've gotten back into running 5ks during the last month and have lost a few more pounds. I think sticking with it is tough for me and also just watching my portion sizes and how much I'm really taking in. I eat pretty well, but I've been trying to incorporate even more veggies into my diet (subscribed to a CSA), so that's helping a little too.

Thanks for all of your inspiration so far guys! Keep it up
Closed Thread