Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #91  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone!

Been doing good and finally lost me vacation weight! Now focusing on getting out of the 150s..... what a happy dance that will be. Want to be in the lower 150s by the end of this month. Been working out 6 days a week burning anywhere from 500 to 830 calories a day. Sorry I've been gone for so long but I am out of town for my daughter's therapy.

hugs to you all!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:16 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 183/149/115

Height: 4'11"

Helllooo everyone!!!
I am glad to see this place is sooooo hoppin....unfortunately I can't keep uP. I wanted to post a reply to each person that said something to me I even wrote it down... but then I started to have a hard time figuring out whose new and hasn't been on in a while... before I knew it I was reading post after post ...I never got a chance to go through them all. I will work on it. So how about I say this, welcome back to those that haven't been on in a while and for those whom are new I wish you great success. You Can Do It!!!!
To answer some questions and what not....heres some details:

I am getting married August 3rd 2011~Just engaged on May 26th

I have not went dress shopping yet, I wanted to lose a little more weight before I go. Also, I had a lot of other things on the checklist to do before dress shopping. It is in the agenda for August. I can't wait!!!

I do have a lot on my plate with work, school, and wedding planning But..I am dedicated and I will not be leaving 3FC anytime soon I like being here to check in with you guys and read your daily struggles and great successes and get suppport from you all..keeps me motivated. At times I am a lurker..I don't want to be I just have a lot to say and usually no time to say it~So I will try and post itsy bitsy quick posts when I lurk ;D

My screenname is my nickname that I got from my brother's gf at some point in time for no apparent reason other than we are goofy. All the girls at work call me mick, mickle, mickle tickle tackle toe, mickletoe, or simply michelle ~ I like whoever called me mickle it was cute....like the girls at work would call me

SOOOOO
Good news!!!! I met my "20 lb " goal this week! The last pound to lose was so hard... Next goal 149, this will be a huge marker for me because I will be under 150. I have not been that for 4 years or more.

And according to the new trend~~~~
My compliment to myself is that I have done an outstanding job and I am proud of myself for reaching a goal that not that long ago seemed so far away. I like my wrists

And for now....over and out
Old 07-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #93  

P.S. I would like a carrot too.... I do not know how to make one happen Maybe someday I will also have a ticker too.
Ok I am gonna see if this is a carrot....don't laugh at me I can see you jk

Old 07-06-2010, 11:22 PM   #94  

OMG I know how to do a carrot awesome!!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Shasha: Congrats on fighting the urge to over eat with the pizza! It's always hard to stop at one....or two...or three I was actually happy with myself on my birthday. My family got Little Caesars and I only had two slices and didn't even finish my slice of cake! Hurray for little victories!

Mickle: I think your name is adorable!! Also, congratulations on your hard work and you'll get to 149 before you know it! I'm getting married on July 31st of this month!! Believe me when I say, this year will fly by and before you know it, it will be August 3rd. I feel like I just started planning and I'm kinda sad that it's almost over.

My dress came in pretty quick (they seem to always overestimate the time it takes for it to come in). So, my suggestion to you is to wait it out a little bit and get close to where you want to be before you purchase your dress. I personally wish I would have waited a little bit longer or ordered a dress two sizes smaller than I was at the time (but one size smaller was scary enough!). When it came in, I fit into it perfectly (no alterations!!), but then I couldn't lose much more weight. :P

As for me: Yesterday, I went with my mom to get her dress fitted, get more wedding things from Michaels and Hobby Lobby, and get swimming suits for my bachelorette party and for my honeymoon. I was expecting the worse, but having my mom and grandma there helped. It wasn't as bad as I thought...but I'm still not happy with the way I look. I'm the worse at comparing myself to others and I know I'm going to feel self-conscious about myself this weekend. My "to be sister-in-law" has a knockout body and I'm going to feel fat and ugly next to her And to top it all off, I didn't eat all that well yesterday.

On a happier note, I'm going to go shopping today for a pretty cover-up for my swimming suit and I'm hoping to get a new iPhone 4! I got enough money from my birthday to purchase one and I'm in desperate need of a new phone. So, I'm super excited about it!

Compliment For the Day: I'm a pretty dependable person.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #96  
Starting Fresh

Just coming in to say I am doing bad. Horrible in fact. I wanna cry. The scale is up - a lot - and it's my own fault. I hope I can get back on track soon. I don't think my back pain is helping things but I don't want to use that as an excuse; and I am.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi and admit that I am doing bad - and have been doing bad for a couple weeks now.

Last edited by sotypical; 07-07-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 159/132/120

Height: 5'4

sotypical Don't worry, you can turn things around and be a success. We've all had horrible weeks (I've had horrible months).

Today is my WI day. I am up .2 lbs. Not a huge amount but I'm bummed. I was hoping for a loss and to be even closer to the 130s!!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #98  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Hey girls! I made it to Hangzhou and have been having quite an interesting time! Let's just say that almost no one in the general population speaks English AND there are no "western toilets"... but all the other teachers are super nice and it's been fun getting to know them and figuring out what we're teaching. Class starts Saturday so we're attempting to get ready. The food is also an experience. I have no idea what most of it is, and chopsticks are apparently great portion control! Not physically being able to get food into your mouth is a great diet... kidding. I have not thought about a scale once (until now) so that has been an added perk.

Hope all of you are doing well. I just got my wireless figured out, so I'll try to pop in every day or two.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

Sotypical: Don't give up! Like Tina said, you can turn it right back around! It's okay to have a few weeks that are bad, but it's important to get back on track. You have come so far!!! And you are ever so close to being toward your goal! You can do it!! Don't worry about what has happened in the past few weeks. Tomorrow is a new day and you can always continue on your way to your goal I know you can do it! You have come so far already!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

sun- welcome back and congrats on losing some vacay weight!! always a good feeling!

mickletoe- congrats on the wedding, how exciting and congrats on hitting 20lbs! I feel ya, I'm looking for 145, i haven't seen the low 140s in about 10 years.

tropica- those comparisons can be pretty dangerous for the self esteem. I admit i'm guilty of it too try to cut yourself a little slack, you'll get there eventually!

sotypical- so sorry you're having a rough time! we'll be here for a hug when you're ready to jump back in at full speed. you can do it!

tuende- that's so freaking cool. i'm jealous woman! keep us posted

tinasgoal- girl i know how u feel!! i think we've all been there on weigh-in day!! I try not to have an official WI, because if I happen to not have had enough water the day before, or whatever, the scale reflects that and not necessarily the fat loss.

me- I'm doing well. staying on plan AND working out a little too! scale said 150.6 today, but I'm going to wait a day or 2 to change my ticker to make sure it's staying there. if i can get thru today i've officially been back OP a week!

thing i like:
i tend to have really good intuition about people and situations. it's helpful!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #101  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

After a week of binging, I had a day or two of healthy eating and 3-4 consecutive days of intense workout and.... !!

Today I weighed in at 153.4!!! That's 2lbs DOWN!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #102  

it stayed!!! went even lower, but i'm putting my ticker at 150.6!!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #103  
Starting Fresh

tuende - so happy you made it safe and sound!

shasha12 - woo! so close to the 140's!

UrthWurm - congrats on the 2 pound loss!

TinasGoal - I have had horrible months too!

tropica - I hear you about being next to someone with a good body. A lot of time I am happy with he way I look - at least clothed. But put me with someone with a great body or even just slim and I am totally bummed. My boyfriend's sister is coming up this weekend and I always feel a little down when she is around because she is slim. Least it's his sister and I don't have to worry about him running off with her! hahahaha kidding.

mickle - congrats on meeting your 20 pound goal, being new engaged and getting married next year! How excited. And you nickname is very cute.

sun - Hey! Way to go on working out so much, you will be in the low 150's in no time!

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I am still not counting my calories, and sure I am still eating a bit too much. But I am trying to be better. I seem to have my first cold of the summer, it is sticking around a little longer then I would like but hopefully almost gone. I am going to admit, that my scale is around 164 *sigh* - hopefully admitting it will get me going.

I went to the doctor yesterday about my back. He put some numbing shots into the sore muscles in my back and gave me a super expensive pain killer cream. Hopefully over the next few weeks it will go away. He also prescribed upper body exercise - dragon boating, swimming, weights, etc. So maybe that will kill two birds with one stone, lose weight and make my back better!

Like I mentioned above, the boyfriend's sister is probably coming up tonight - you never know with her. We have a [his] family wedding to go to tomorrow. I am pretty excited - I get to wear the REALLY cute dress I bought for a wedding last year. My mom even had to take it a bit in my boobs! The rest of the dress is pretty flowey, but it was popping out a bit in my boobs. It is supposed to be a beautiful day and the wedding is outside. The reception is just at a hall - they kept it pretty simple, bbq and booze. I think it is going to be awesome - so hopefully I am feeling better tomorrow.

And going on with this compliment thing - finally - and stealing one from above. I am pretty happy with myself and the job I have. The job isn't such a big deal now, but when I started here I was 19 and the youngest person working here. I am a Web Designer/Developer for a smallish but popular web hosting company. Basically I code, make ads, design and write newsletters.

TGIF!
Old 07-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #104  

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYY SOTYPICAL!!!!!!! that is suuuuuuuch a FANTASTIC "thing i like about myself"!!!! I don't think you stole that, I don't remember anyone saying that about themselves... but doesn't it feel good to think of something awesome about yourself?! and that's amazing, web design!? holy crap, you can freaking design website stuff?? i'm floored... Have fun at the wedding. Yay for having to have ur dress taken in!!
Old 07-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #105  
Starting Fresh

LOL I totally mis-read Mickle's - I thought it said I have an outstanding job - but it says she has done an outstanding job. That's why I thought I stole it, hahahaha. Well I guess I didn't then - go me! hahaha

That's what cold medication does to ya.

Last edited by sotypical; 07-09-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Closed Thread