Old 06-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/130

Height: 5' 4"

Default I feel so old I could cry.

Hey ladies...I just turned 21 in May and I have been struggling with some depression regarding my weight recently. I can't bear to look at my body in natural sunlight because all of the silver stretch marks on my side, back, stomach, and breasts are clearly visible and I look like I've had six kids and am in my forties. This is clearly distressing to me because I am 21, I want to be dressing in cute clothes and not worrying about my stretch marks or heavily sagging 46-DDD boobs. And I know my boyfriend loves me just the way I am but I however do not. I feel like I'll never get to look like a "normal" 20-something like you gals. I feel like I'm doomed to my sleep creases on my chest, boobs like tube socks, and fat clothes the rest of my life. My sedentary job doesn't help. I feel like giving up some days and I don't know where to start. I'll never be able to wear a bikini. I feel so left out. I guess I just needed to vent somewhere...sorry...

I would post a picture but I can't at the moment because of my post count.

Last edited by gagamonster; 06-11-2010 at 02:35 PM.
gagamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/233/150

Height: 5'7

Oh sister. It's hard getting old in your 20's. I cleary remember a heartbreaking incident last yeear where for some strange reason I thought I was 21 for weeks. Then it came to my attention that I was 23 going to be 24. Lol it was traumatic.

Anywho, the good thing is your at the right place. There are tons of helpful advice & info on here to help you lose weight.

Don't be upset, just make a resolve to change what you don't like for YOU. We've all had the moment where we realize we need to change & do something new.
Naughtymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Don't be too upset!
Look at it this way, you are only 21 and you still have your whole life ahead of you to change yourself and do something different. Just have a goal and stay focused and you will be there in no time
Jessica88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #4  

I read your post and tears came to my eyes because I feel *exactly* the same way! I turn 21 in November and I'm thinking of all the things I can never do, like wear a bikini and how I've never had a boyfriend or been on a date or anything like that. I feel so old! I have the stupid apron tummy that drives me cuh-razy and I will probably need a tummy tuck.

But, I bet it isn't as bad as we think it is. No matter what, we'll have loose skin, stretch marks, etc. It is up to us whether or not we want those on an overweight or normal body. Sending you lots of
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

There is hope and you found the right place for support! I really do know how you feel when it comes to feeling much older than you are. I started having knee problems, foot problems, bone spurs... I felt like I was falling apart while most people my age are in their prime! But it wasn't worth giving up on myself so here I am... slowly but surely making a change in my life. It is possible and you will always find support here.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #6  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

At first, I was a little sad that I wouldn't ever be able to wear a bikini. But I know I can rock a tankini, or a cute one piece, one day!

I know how you feel. I really. The thing you need to realize is that you're in control of all of this. You can change your situation. We have all been where you are. I know I certainly have. Depressed, self loathing, confused about what to do. You just have to start somewhere. I joined Weight Watchers, but being here is great. There is an overwhelming amount of knowledge to be had these boards, as well as support. We're all ladies (and some men) that have been where you are, and we all changed our lives for the better. At one point in time we had NO idea what we were doing. You learn though, eventually. There's no need to apologize either. You can do this. We all have your back
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #7  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagamonster View Post
I feel like I'll never get to look like a "normal" 20-something like you gals.
If you find a normal girl on here let me know I dont know how much you weigh or what you have been through, but I do remember having sleep smoosh lines, I have the stretch marks and I know what its like to not know even how to get started. But remember you have already taken the first step- acknowledging you want to change and coming here So really, you have already started! What you could do now is search around these forums, have a leisurely browse of whatother people are doing, see if there are any plans that suit you. And of course, feel free to jump into the weekly chat!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #8  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I have struggled with depression as well and I am 21...I know what you are feeling. I have to agree with Iconised Ghost here, i dont know how much you weigh or anything but we are all in the same boat on this forum, if you find anyone here who is 'Normal" or who has "always" been normal, let me know... We are all struggling with our weight in one way or another, be it maintaining anywhere from a 1 to 200 (for some, even more) pound loss or working on a 1 to 200 pound loss. You are in the right place for support dear..I thought I was hopeless too, and while I am not loosing like crazy or anything(its taken two years), I have lost almost 35 lbs You can totally do this..

Last edited by Phoenix301; 06-11-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #9  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

girl please keep your head up. nobody is perfect. work on being the best you can be and love yourself to the fullest. you have 1 life to live so don't spend time worrying about the what ifs and think about what you can do for yourself, whether its to improve your fitness or work on building up your self esteem, do whats best for you. have you watched any of those dove commercials? photoshop erases a lot! celebs are definitely not perfect and these images have really distorted peoples body image.

anyway in the end everything is about how you carry yourself, your personal style, being unique, being you and loving yourself-- essentially 'being fierce' lol i hope i don't sound cheesy but it really builds up my self esteem to just rock my own sense of style and not worry about trying 2 be what society expects of me regardless of my age or weight. who cares about those chicks in bikinis!

Last edited by caliyah; 06-11-2010 at 09:29 PM.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #10  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Hi Gaga!

Hugs to you my dear!

I was about to start a thread about how I feel so old, when I noticed yours!

I have been obese all of my 20's, and although I am 26, I have felt old for years.

For me though, it doesn't come from my physical/weight issues but my career/business issues. For example, I am the director for two nonprofits (ALL of my counterparts/colleagues are 20 years or more OLDER than me), and I also have 2 businesses!

I think that because I never felt like the 'pretty' girl, I found something I was good at... business, and that consumed my life and being so busy in career/business, I neglected myself and got even bigger.

I say all that to say this... because we're still young, we can work really hard to take care of ourselves the way that we deserve to be taken care of! We can eat better, exercise more (even if that means just going for a nice long walk with your earbuds in your ear), and get.
*1 of my fav quotes: when we know better, we do better!

When we do better, we'll be healthy, SOOOO proud, and then be able to show off our great bodies in the cutest outfits ever! Just watch and see!
MyBodyisMyTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #11  

Hugs Gaga

I'm 21 as well and I know how you feel. I've been the fat girl all of my life and I'm afraid that it's going to be this way forever. But we CAN do something about this!! We just have to fight and keep fighting... There are so many things I don't do because my weight makes me feel bad: going swimming, wearing dresses, having a boyfriend and talking to new people. But I don't want to live my life this way anymore because I deserve better!! Just like you deserve to feel good about yourself!! I believe you can do this

BTW: I love Lady Gaga
Lambarene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:57 PM   #12  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

Girl!!! I am one big stretch mark. I've spent most of my 20's losing and gaining weight. U r 21, and time flys by fast. I would start now and don't give up. There will be times when u don't want to go on cos it seems too hard and it might feel like its gonna take forever to get to your goal. But I would continue to stay on plan and live life. I regret giving up so many times and letting my fat determine my happiness and hold me back from so many wonderful opportunities I could have had and things I could've done. Don't get depressed about it, work on it. Don't close yourself off, get out there and work it out.lol. Use all the support that 3FC has to offer. It helps out alot. Stay determined and motivated. Take small steps so u don't get overwhelmed. If u need help or encouragement message me. I've been where u r and I don't want u to waste ur 20's feeling bad about yourself cos u r big. Good Luck!!!!!
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:00 AM   #13  
The Last 10lbs!

Think of it this way - you've come here for support and you're starting NOW, not when you're 28 or 29. If you're not going to start now, you'll continue to think this way and continue to feel 'old' (which you're not!). You have your whole life ahead of you, you may as well make it the best life you can!

If it makes you feel any better, I began at 171 and I have plenty of stretch marks on my hips, thighs, and arms (I'm 22). I think part of them have to do with growing and not necessarily putting on weight so that's not all that caused yours. You won't be able to change them without surgery and yeah, I hate mine and I hate the way they look, but I've accepted them now as they're not going anywhere. Even when I get to my goal weight they will still be there. It's sad, but it's true. We've all got them. Someday we will start a movement and stretch marks will be the 'in' thing!!

I spent all my high school years feeling like no one paid attention to me and I wasn't enjoying life or dressing how a girl in high school should. You're a step ahead as you have a boyfriend who loves you for who you are. That is a fantastic thing and I'm sure he will support you if you choose to start eating better and exercising and losing the weight that is making you unhappy.

What's most important to know is that we're here to support each other - and you - and you can start to make changes to your lifestyle ANY TIME. Start now!! You can do it!

Last edited by freedomreins; 06-16-2010 at 04:02 AM.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/?/140

Height: 5'7''

I feel the same way. When i was 25 (last year) i kept thinking that i don't look like the 25 year olds you hear about, with perky boobs and perfect thighs. ive never had nice thighs. it makes me sad
bostongirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:19 AM   #15  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I think turning 21 just does that to you. I'm definitely, definitely in my quarter-life crisis stage! Hang in there, chicky.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote