Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

So I went and talked to my prof about the paper this morning. She said that I could use it as a jumping point. I wrote the paper in 2004, so I'd definitely need new some new references. As well, like I said, it's a currently 12 page paper and this one can't be any longer than 5 pages. She told me to update and edit and tweak and she's cool with me using it. She said it's my work and as long as I don't hand in the exact same paper its cool. I love wicked profs!

Stella, once again happy birthday!

Haley, I want to get my PhD either in Sociology or Psychology haven't decided yet. My decision will likely be made by which ever program accepts me! I won't be starting (finger's crossed that I get in) until Sept 2011 as well. I decided I didn't want to be a lawyer after watching my dad. He's a corporate litigator, and even now at 65 he's still working 15 hour days. He's currently in court on a case in another province working 7 days a week 14 hours a day. He hasn't been home in 3 weeks and won't likely be back for another 3. His trail started first week of Jan and will go until the middle of March. I just don't want that kind of life. So that's why I'm not in law school. I have several friends who are lawyer and they love it. It just wasn't for me.

I'll join the 2.5lbs a week mission. I was hoping to be 139 on Valentine's day, but I don't think that's gonna happen. I'm currently at 148.....9 lbs in 18 day is highly unlikely, but I'd be happy with 142.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #77  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Shan - that's awesome.

Forest - yeah, the day before I had 1100 (on accident) and I don't want to get into this habit. Today I had more calories for breakfast, so I should come out 1200 today. Stupid math.

Haley - According to fitday, I can eat 1600 calories a day, not exercise and still lose 0.2 lbs a day. Can I tell you how incorrect that is? Logging calories does help, if I keep track of it in my head I always go over, so I'd recommend that, but I really just ignore the "recommended" intake.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

so IF I lose 2.5 pounds a week for the next 11 weeks I'll be in ONDERLAND... Feral we can totally do this... and you too Stella...

I honestly have never been in onderland... actually I have no clue how much I ever weighed....

Stella I dont listen to that non sense either because I know it doesnt work... I also like to leave wiggle room during the week so that when I drink or go out to eat on the weekend its not a huge deal
Old 01-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #79  
I will do this.

- 4.5 pounds in the last two weeks!!!!!!!!

YESSSS
Old 01-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #80  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

*HIGH FIVE* GO TAYLORRRRRR!!!!!

Haley -- Seriously, I'm super psyched!!!!!!! It's time to get down to buisnesssss!!! [Wait, that sounded wrong, uhhhh....]

You know what I mean! Doable, but it means discipline!

Also, my half way point will be losing 33 lbs. When that happens, I will be getting my nose pierced! I've been wanting it done again for a LONG time now and figure that is a good goal. Need to get there quick cause I won't be able to keep it in during nursing school.

Last edited by Feral; 01-27-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #81  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Happy birthday/early birthday/whatever to the lovely ladies of 3FC - Haley, Stella + any others I'm missing

Grr... I'm having a stressy day... I'm stressed about money, stressed about the job I hate, stressed that the dream job I applied for two weeks ago hasn't called me back, stressed about the wedding and the cost thereof, stressed about taxes (we're going to owe A LOT), stressed about some possible medical bills

I'm okay, though. I'm staying on plan with my eating - my company is doing a Biggest Loser competition starting next week (1st prize is $300!) and I'm hoping to weigh in at 174, which would be exactly 20 pounds below where I ended last year's challenge. Plus, I'm excited to finally make the 20 pounds lost mark

I'm just going to keep reminding myself that a) things could be a lot worse and b) I always find a way to make things work!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #82  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Woo hoo Taylor!!!

Feral - ooh. nose piercing. Did I tell you ladies I'm getting purple hair extensions on Saturday? Call it a quarter-life crisis, but its happening.

Smisen - I admire your positive attitude Everything will work out!!!

Also, is it just me, or does food taste SO much better after you've worked out.

So I just did 2 10 minute intervals with only a 5 minute break in between.
/happy dance. I started doing C25k week 5 over again, and then I was like well, just see what you can do. And I did 10. I could have kept going, but I got a stitch in my side and I don't want to be dying later, so I did that. I WILL do it again on Friday

I get here at 4:30-5 and class doesn't start until 7...so I'm going to use time to work out, but I'm going to be that sweaty girl in class. Please tell me that's okay...
Old 01-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #83  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

stella - It's ok... really, it is.

smisen - You have an awesome attitude and for that I am a bit jealous. I tend to get overwhelmed and sleep a lot when too much is going on in my life.

shan - Yay for being able to re-use the paper you already wrote!

All of this talk about 2.5 pounds a week sounds awesome! I wish I could lose that fast!

Last edited by stargzr; 01-27-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Stella- It really is ok... however I feel bad when I'm the smelly girl in line at the grocery store... I want pink hair but I'm getting an extreme cut on saturday...its been awhile... my hair is still pretty freaking short as always

Smisen- Dont let all the stress play with your head... everything will be ok... I know everyone says that but really it will be...

Star- 2.5 is just a goal... I'm not sure if its totally possible for me... on average I lose about 8 or so pounds a month unless its like christmas time and I lose nothing

So guess what... I'm amazing... because I stayed on the stairmaster for FORTY minutes... yes forty whole freaking minutes...and I didnt die... and it felt amazing... and then I did 20 minutes on the elliptical... its seriously an amazing workout and pretty intense...but omg I cant believe I did it
Old 01-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Stella -- you'll have to post pics of the extensions!! Sounds like fun!

Haley -- you ARE amazing!! I don't know if I could do that!! Holy CRAP that's a lot of cardio!! go you

Smisen -- so sorry about all the stress. Money stress is THE WORST. I Think it's worse than relationship stress, really. I wish I could offer you some advice...but I'm thinking happy thoughts for you.

I just made SUCH a yummy dinner --- I cooked up some taco meat (Well...ground turkey) and put some in a baked potato with a little cheese and salsa. HOLLLLLLLYYYYYY MAMA it was so good! I'm a BIG TIME fan of baked potatoes with LOADS of butter and cheese, and I REALLY wanted a baked potato but didn't want to throw my whole day off. Since I knew the lean protein in the turkey would get me full pretty fast, I knew I wouldn't feel deprived without all the butter and extra cheese. It was SO GOOD. Try it Try it Try it!

My boyfriend said today that he's really starting to see a difference in my bod, which is awesome because I never see anything. I really feel like I can make this happen this time.... hopefully I will lose about 1.5 - 2 lbs per week now that I've budged that first few notches on the scale.

Spinning tomorrow! (With the same girl I frequently go with). I'm really happy that we've started doing this together...she's so down to earth and calm, and since I'm a theatre major people like that are few and far between, unfortunately. And though we've never TALKED about me trying to lose weight, I think she knows that's what's up and she's really sweet and supportive.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #86  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Hello girls!! i know i keep saying this, but i have been sooo busy!!! lol... my life should calm down in the next week or two and then i'll be back in action. I'm trying to keep up with my healthy eating and exercise plan... doesn't always go as planned though! I hope you all are doing well!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #87  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feral - i'll fill you in on the new job very soon. and the new apartment. stay tuned
Old 01-28-2010, 01:14 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 185/172/145

Height: 5'5

Ok this weekend had been entirely off plan. Hubby's days off work is tues-thurs right now (Till March! WOOT!) so yesterday he wakes up and decides it's Red Robin day (we split a gf bacon cheeseburger with no bun and I had 1/2 a side of fries) and then we found pepsi throwback at the store (I don't do artificial sweeteners or corn syrup so I haven't had soda in about 6 months). I've had 2 cans in 2 days I can't stop!! Then we had some friends over and we made tamales (1/2 the oil, no lard, baked turkey breast filling, not too bad if I'd stopped and a couple!). THEN today we went to red robin AGAIN! Dang that husband!!! He's killing me! But then we walked around the mall for 3 hours (shopping burns calories right?). Old Navy was having a HUGE sale and hubby looks so yummy in their stuff so we were stocking up for the year (he hates shopping and won't go more than that!).

Okay between the junkey food and not enough water.... I've gained 5 lbs in 3 days But I've drank a LOT of water so I think I might start getting rid of that soon. I tend to gain and lose quickly... Damn salt! ARG!

At least we've had tons of fun, I didn't go *too* far over my calories, and tmw is another day!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #89  

Good Morning to my FAVORITE ladies!!!!

Haley - you're a freaking monster!!! I don't know how you do so much on the elliptical and the stair master! Go you! Next time I actually make it onto one I'll just keep telling myself to quit fussing after 10 minutes because Haley can go for an hour!!!!

Smisen - Sorry to hear about your stress, just remember CHIN UP!!!!! There's a rainbow somewhere after the storm, right? Congrats for continuing to be OP! That's really cool that your company does a Biggest Loser contest! GOOD LUCK!

Stella - purple hair extensions sound FUN! Pictures are a must!!!!! I remember when I was in high school and used to dye my hair crazy colors. I used Manic Panic and did my bangs "ultraviolet" which was a purple the same color of a black light bulb. I miss those days.

Star - to be honest, I'm not sure how easily it will come off. When I behave myself on plan I lose about 2 lbs per week. 2.5 may be pushing it a little bit, but it's worth a shot.

Arts - Your dinner did sound yummy!!!!! I wish I could eat potatoes. *pouts* Congrats on making better food choices though!!! Doesn't it pay off?!?!? Hooray for gym buddies!!!!

Jess - Glad you're liking the new job. I know you'll fill us in later but keep checking in so we know that the tordaoes didn't scoop you up into Oz!!!!

Pitbull - Just keep drinking your water! Maybe you can convince hubby to only go out to eat for ONE meal on his days off? It sounds like you guys made pretty decent choices at least (split burger, no bun and the tomales)... sounds like a good weekend overall.

I am so ready for the weekend. Work today, meeting with my nutrition professor to see what I missed on my test at 4:30, class at 5:30.... TOMORROW IS FRIDAYYYYY!!! *HOORAY* They're calling for a chance of snow here sometime this weekend. It's funny to see all of the news stations debate back and forth. I guess we'll see, but I'm hoping it holds off until Saturday so I can go to the whole foods store on Friday afternoon and get my pizza stuff.

Does anyone have any good recipes for whole wheat homemade pizza???? If you do PLEASE post it or post a link on here ASAP. Thanks!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Feral; 01-28-2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: lack of coffee
Old 01-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #90  

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I woke myself up sleep talking this morning around 3:30. I was having a dream that I was in the car with my parents and my dad was driving and this minivan was going in reverse and almost hit us. I thought it was a drunk driver then realized they were purposely coming at us at a high speed (in my dream it was a demon for some reason or another) and right as the van was about to hit us I screamed out "NO" and startled myself awake and literally heard myself say "NO."

Then I couldn't go back to sleep because I was wide awake.... and my cat and I snuggled and purred for a little bit.

I just think it's funny I woke myself up. My mom said she's caught me singing in my sleep before when I used to listen to music at night when I was younger.

I keep forgetting to post my NSV:

I have really been able to tell a difference in how my slacks for work are fitting. Ballooning up 10 pounds really made a difference and now that it's coming off I can tell they are MUCH looser. I'm probably going to have to start punching holes in my belt because I'm on the last hole. I had to buy a new one this summer cause my other one broke and I needed a "bigger" belt. My sweater I'm wearing is fitting a little better... and my therapist last night tried to tell me my scrub pants were too big. I disagree with her, but it's nice she's noticing a difference. Then again, I pay her to do that, right? LOL

Last edited by Feral; 01-28-2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: still not enough coffee
Closed Thread