Old 12-17-2008, 10:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Question I need a buddy!

I have fallen off the wagon time and time again, and I really want to commit this time.

I do a lot better if I have a small group of people to help keep me accountable (I feel lost in the really large threads).

Anyone want to be buddies?

A little about me....
I'm 23 years old
5' 1" and 160 lbs right now.

I'm not sure how much I really want to get down to...so right now I have 125 as a goal weight. That might change as I get closer to it. More than anything, I just want to be a thinner, healthier me.

I bought a food journal that I can tuck into my purse. I'm also planning out my daily meals/snacks the day before, so I have a set plan.

I also need to get my booty back to the gym. There's simply no excuse!

Aside from the gym, I have a few workout DVD's (walk away the pounds, 30 day shred, hip hop abs) but I obviously haven't been using them.

...anyone want to join me? Please?
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 259/239/170

Height: 6'2

ok so how are we going to do this? lol im ready...i need to push past a plateau that i have grown to comfortable in. anyway. let me know how you want to do this!
hotpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:03 AM   #3  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Wink

I'm pumped! I would love to be there to push you along, & look forward to a bit of support in return! I also have the hip hop abs vids, so maybe we could set out to do it once or twice a week, & have that as a little challenge! Let me know, & I look forward to shedding the pounds with you!

Bio: I'm 18 years old, 5'3" & currently 202lbs. My goal is 135!
I just started out, & I have a long way to go, but I'd be so happy to have a fitness buddy.

Last edited by UrthWurm; 12-18-2008 at 02:05 AM.
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/125-ish/i'm there!

Height: 5'4"

our stats r really close i'm 5'2" and 159. lets do this.
DanielleAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:55 PM   #5  
My Wedding Day 6.19.10

S/C/G: 172/167/115

Height: 5'2"

My stats are kinda close too. I'm 26, 5'3" and 172. I'm getting married in a year and a half and NEED to follow through this time. I'm sick of envying women who look great and get to buy cute clothes. Plus, I wanna look great in my wedding photos!!!
IansGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:26 PM   #6  

I'm thrilled with the response! I was planning on bookmarking this thread, and making plans to visit it once a day to check in.

That's my idea for this thread. Every day, post on here to let us know your progress for the day. Write out goals, even if it's something "small".

My daily goal is to stick to my meal/calorie plan. (1200-1400 calories)

I also plan to set exercise goals for the week.

So for the rest of this week:
Thursday: Walk away the pounds DVD, 30 min
Friday: 30 min...either gym or hip hop abs DVD
Saturday: Gym! At least 30 min of elliptical (hopefully I can find a movie on tv...haha then I want to stay and work out longer to see more of the movie)

So far today I'm good on the calories, and I have enough left for dinner. I haven't done my exercise DVD. I'll edit this post when I do though.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #7  

Oops...forgot my manners.

Welcome hotpod, UrthWurm, DanielleAshley, and IansGirl!!

UrthWurm: I'd love to plan one or two days a week for hip hop abs.
I think I'm going to pick Sunday as a day for walking my dog (he needs more exercise too) and doing an exercise DVD, since the gym closes early that day. So that might be one of my hip hop abs days. Is there a day that's good for you?

P.S.- Much to my surprise when I stepped on the scale this morning, I'm actually 157.2 Yay! So that's why my ticker has already changed.

Oh! I'm probably going to make Monday my weigh in day. Don't know about the rest of you. You don't have to have a weigh in day, I just think it'll help me if I have one.

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 12-18-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 259/239/170

Height: 6'2

ill post my weigh in day on mondays as well. sounds good to me! and i need to start going to the gym again. but im excited...lets get this loser party started!
hotpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:08 PM   #9  
~*one step at a time*~

S/C/G: 181/176.5/140

Height: 5`3"

HI!! welcome and wtg on the weightloss already!!! I just joined myself just a few days ago and have found that the group is great on this site!! The mass amount of members is a little overwhelming but at least for now i've stuck mostly to the 20 somethings. I'm here to be a buddy as well! We can all use the most support and encouragement we can get, I'm sure!
Hellsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 365/270/160

Height: 5"11'

Mind if I join this thread? I was recently attacked my Darth KFC and sith lord chinese food so I think having a group to kick my rear into gear is a great idea.
TheTinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #11  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Wink

I agree with checking in every day, that will really help me to not only set plans, but since I'm sharing with other people, meet them! I've already subscribed to the thread, & you can count on seeing me here at least once a day!

My calorie limit is 1600/day, & so far I've been coming in a bit under that. I'm thinking I might post my daily caloric intake at the end of each day (just meaning what I ate B, L, D). That will really help to keep me accountable, especially sharing what I ate with other people! Heh. Now I'm counting on you guys to keep me honest! & Hopefully I'll be able to do the same.

I try to do some light exercises every day, though I don't have access to a gym or gym equipment until college starts up again. Most of what I'll be doing from day to day is exercises that I can perform with my GF in the tiny dorm-like room we share. Having recently taken an aerobics kickboxing class, I also like to incorporate some punches & kicks randomly into my routine. Anyone else know or like kickboxing? That could also very easily turn into a "challenge". For instance, tracking how many punches/kicks you accumulate in a week & posting at the end; the person who comes in with the most could be our "Biggest A$$ Kicker of the Week". (I'll even make up a graphic as a "medal" or award) Lol, I don't know. I guess it's a silly idea. I'm open to other thoughts though, so please, everyone put in your 2c.

Ballerina, pretty much any day is good for me! Sunday is fine, & that would be a great day to start off with. If we keep with doing it every week a few consecutive weeks in a row, perhaps we could assign a 2nd day for hiphop abs? Just alternate out which exercise you're doing.. I think I might try to clear out the garage & do it a few days a week, but I'd love to share the motivation & commitment to do so with another person.

Alright, so this week's schedule looks as following (excluding light daily exercises):
Thursday: HHA- Fat Burning Cardio (30m)
Friday: HHA- Total Body Burn (30m)
Sunday: HHA- Fat Burning Cardio (30m)

Weekly Goals:
0/150 Crunches
0/150 Lunges
0/300 Bicep Curls (3lb weights)
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:00 PM   #12  

HellsAngel and TheTinGirl: Welcome to the thread!

TTG: I completely understand. I got home from work the other night to see my family had brought home popeyes for dinner. They *NEVER* get that! I was totally shocked. (and didn't make the best choices that night either).

Urthwurm: that sounds like a great plan for HHA. I also like your weekly goals for crunches/lunges/bicep curls! What an awesome idea!!

Just finished my workout to Walk Away the Pounds, so Thursday is complete.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

hi there... can I join up too?
I like the idea of setting short goals for each day...
I think my goal for tomorrow will be to start doing crunches when I wake up in the morning. and start doing those every morning....
And calorie limit of 1350...
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:17 PM   #14  

Welcome to the thread tdiprincess!

Sometimes it's so much easier to just set short goals for yourself. Starting Sunday I'd like to try and set weekly goals for myself, but we'll have to see how these next few days go.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Hello and welcome!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote