Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #16  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

So its monday and its my first weekly chat--- so hi--- anyway--- woke up tired ---decided i would take a shower and get pretty-- so i did and felt a whole lot better=== and after coming on here --- i've decided that i'm going to start exercising again-- i recently had a baby (8 months ago) moved== about 2 months now and have finally decided its time for some me time and its time to get back in shape=== so even though i have lost a good amount-- i still put on a lot with the baby and still not to prepregnancy weight-- but hey its not too far off
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:29 PM   #17  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I hate weekends!!!
weighed myself on saturday, I was down to 170, this moringing, 176lbs. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not happy. not happy at all. in fact, I may kill people today, so watch out. I didn't even think I did that bad this weekend. I guess eating like a normal person is just out of my grasp if I want to be thin.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Ghost- The same thing happened to me! I think the scales were on full mutiny today.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #19  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Ghost, I'm with you on that. If I'm lucky, it was water weight I put on instead of water weight I took off.

Sometimes I feel that I can't eat 'normal'...like everyone else can just eat whatever...eggs and buttered toast and maybe a tuna sandwich and fries which isn't even that bad, but If I have it, I gain like 10 lbs. It's not fair. I don't want to have to calorie count all my life.

and crap...the holiday season looms ahead...I gained 10lbs in a week one Thanksgiving.

Here we go: are you one of those drivers that zoom in and out of traffic and don’t really get anywhere? OMG! You guys drive me insane. LOL! I usually a pick a lane and do 75 all the way to where I need to go…I only move around a lot when folks drive slow for no reason. That annoys me.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #20  

Cal- lol no, I'm actually one of the drivers that switch lanes a lot but only if I can truly move a head of the flow of traffic. The drivers you are talking about annoy the fire out of me! Of course, the "I'm in the fast lane but only going 55 mph" drivers are not fun either. I've learned that on my commute to work that if I stay in the "slow" lane I actually am moving way faster than if I was in the fast lane, but only up to a certain time, and then it's time to merge. I have it down to a science.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #21  

Height: 5'6.5

"Here we go again" - I'm so with you on being confused with the scale. Yesterday morning I weighed 164.9 - Made a goal to be 162 by next Sunday but then this morning I was 161.9. Awesome, but frustrating. So should I change my goal to 160 then? What do you think? Guess this is why I shouldn't get on the scale daily, hu?
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #22  
I'm a khaleesi!!

I'm bringing my blindfold to SF in Nov, I hate city driving, but even worse is city passangering.
I hope its water weight too, or three weeks of hard work just went out the door with one birthday party, and it wasn't even mine. I couldn't have eaten more then 2000 cals that day, I just don't get it, it is so frusterating I'm ready to cry over it.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #23  

Jamie- I'm probably the worse person to ask about the scale. At one point I was officially addicted. I had to give my scale to my roommate for a week. Now, I am weighing everyday, but I have made a decision that as long as I did what I was suppose to do. I exercised, ate healthy, over came temptation, I will be proud of myself and not care about the scale. It lies! Besides, it can't tell me how much muscle I have. I'm losing inches. I've been stuck on a plateau for two months. I didn't lose any weight and actually fluctuated 5 pounds. But I lost 10 inches in those two months and have all of my skinny clothes are getting way too big. So as long as your making progress in some way, the scale doesn't really matter. I think I should get a bumper sticker that says "scales lie" lol
Old 09-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
I'm bringing my blindfold to SF in Nov, I hate city driving, but even worse is city passangering.
I hope its water weight too, or three weeks of hard work just went out the door with one birthday party, and it wasn't even mine. I couldn't have eaten more then 2000 cals that day, I just don't get it, it is so frusterating I'm ready to cry over it.
Ghost, there's no way that you could have gained just from one day. Did you have a lot of salt? Did you workout differently? All of those things effect my weight, not to mention that the scale just lies. You are doing great. I wouldn't worry about it. I was thinking of going to a thrift store getting a broken scale and smashing it to pieces. Wanna join?
Old 09-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #25  
I'm a khaleesi!!

I think I'm full of poo! ew...could you imagine. My work scale says I gained 4 lbs, home scale says I gained 6 lbs...all between saturday morning and this morning. Let me catalog my food between then and now.
Saturday: Latte, snappeas crisps, glass of wine, Home made tortillas, home made refried beans, chicken breast, birthday cake, gummi worms, glass pinot noir, 4 glasses Pinot gris, diet Mt. dew (ew), bowl of cereal (at 2am)
Sunday: Latte, bacon, eggs, potatoes at sunday brunch, mango juice, a serving of whole wheat penne pasta with red sauce, bowl of cereal, cheetos.
its definatly way more food then I normally eat. Especially with the cereal, but I need to go grocery shopping, I'm out of my staples and that leaves me with food I normally only feed to my son.
Plus I worked out for 75 minutes yesterday...I'm still at a loss for the gain. Nothing was too horrendously salty because none of it was restaurant food. the most salty thing was probably the bacon. Anyways, all that food is probably still inside of me right now...ew that is such a gross thought.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Wow, lots of chatting
I am at work and usually NEVER get to go online here since the kids take up all of my time. I am having a VERY annoying work day. so annoying that if I go into details I may have a stress attack so i will spare you all.

Food has been good today. I had to make up for the weekend!!!!
I think I will go to the gym at 6 tonight.

Here we go- I have started to weigh everyday and find it hard to notice when I actually am loosing or gaining. Do you have an official weigh in day, when you take the weight it says and record it or something? That's what I am planning on doing.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am still trying View Post
Wow, lots of chatting

Here we go- I have started to weigh everyday and find it hard to notice when I actually am loosing or gaining. Do you have an official weigh in day, when you take the weight it says and record it or something? That's what I am planning on doing.
Ummm... no I don't. I always just do the one that is the most consistent. I should have an official way in, but the way my weight is it would greatly agitate me. Sometimes I when I way my weight will go up or down 5 pounds. So if I had my way in be today for instance it would be 286 but yesterday was 281.

A part of me just wants to give up weighing for awhile but I'm too darn nosey!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #28  
I'm a khaleesi!!

A part of me wants to give up weighing too, but I'm too obsessed. I want kung po chicken. I figure, if I'm going to gain, I'm going to make it worth it!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #29  
I'm a khaleesi!!

I knew I should have just had those dang nachos last week.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I hate Mondays!!! There are certain days where I wonder why I ever got myself into teaching high school kids. Today is one of those days!!! haha My patience was tried to the very last nerve this afternoon. Oh boy....but thankfully, my last block class made things right again. They're so good!

I was sitting at my desk checking email right before leaving to go home and I was actually thinking to myself, "I can't WAIT to get to the gym". Thank god for the elliptical where I can plug my ipod in and just zone out for a good amount of time. Just what I needed to save the rest of my day!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote