Old 09-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #1  
I will do this.

Default Weekly Chat Sept 7-14

Hi girls! I think I am a day early setting up the weekly chat but that's okay.

Well, last night DID end up being a little bit of a binge for me. At least it didn't trickle into today.

So, I can't beat myself up for what happened last night...all I can do it move on.

On a brighter note - I got 30 minutes on the elliptical this morning! Yay! I do have my Dad's birthday party to go to today, but I will avoid wine and chocolate cake, which is okay with me. Last night left me pretty bloated and that doesn't make me want chocolate cake, anyway.

Hope everyone is having a good sunday!

Last edited by Taylor86; 09-07-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #2  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Taylor- a little binge is at least better than a BIG binge, right? You really seemed to recognize what you were doing, which is GREAT! Better that than to say "oh well I binged, now the whole rest of the day is a write-off and I can do whatever I want..."

Well I went to my first spin class, and it wasn't bad! I took someone's advice and didn't always move the dial up...I noticed a lot of the other girls were doing the same thing LOL
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #3  
I will do this.

Yeah I did know what I was doing and understood it was a binge and didn't let it get too far. The next step is for it not to happen at all - but Rome wasn't built in a year, you know! The biggest thing I did was not let it spill into today. That was huge for me.

A spinning class, eh? I have always wanted to try one of those! I am glad you liked it!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:28 PM   #4  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

Taylor, congrats on stopping! I kinda had the same problem last night. Not really a binge, I just had a few more glasses of dr pepper than I would have liked, but I can work it off the next few days.

We slept so late today, it was great! We woke up around maybe 11 after going to bed after 2 and just dozed on and off until 1.

I've always wanted to do a spin class. What's it like? I'm thinking about joining a gym, it's just so expensive...especially since I have a bike, a couple workout dvds and we have a home gym unit upstairs.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

yay a new week! time for me to start over, and get back on track!!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

yesiteagain- That advice was from me ...I love spin. It makes you sweat soo much. I used to go three times a week but now i go twice.

Tracy-try spinning, you'll love it.

I too had a bit of a bad eating day yesterday. Today I have about 400 calories left for dinner.... here's to a good night

Last edited by i am still trying; 09-07-2008 at 05:27 PM.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
yay a new week! time for me to start over, and get back on track!!
me too... last week was not successful for me, but it's time to start again. Bring it on, monday!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #8  
This is not a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
me too... last week was not successful for me, but it's time to start again. Bring it on, monday!
last week started with binging and then went into damage control

Just a general question- do you guys prefer fitday or the daily plate? Ive been looking at fitday, it looks kinda cool with all those graphs (i love graphs )
Old 09-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyFAdams View Post
I'm thinking about joining a gym, it's just so expensive...especially since I have a bike, a couple workout dvds and we have a home gym unit upstairs.
I thought the same thing since I had an exercise bike, a ton of dvds, and a couple other things around the house, but I just recently signed up for a gym....this week actually. My friend mentioned it to me and it's at a local Planet Fitness. It's only $10 a month, no minimum contract time, a small signup fee (like only $30), has tons of machines, and everyone seems really nice there. I have gone four times already (Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and today) and don't feel awkward at all...which I'm surprised about just because of my own personality. But I really do enjoy it. I especially like the elliptical machines and treadmills. Although I have a bike at home, they also have the bikes with the backs to them which are a bit more comfortable. Haha
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #10  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

The cheapest gym here is at least 35 a month, plus a sign up fee of at least 50. This is a small town and nothing big nearby. I'll survive. I'll only be here another 10 1/2 months anyways.
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

for me, a gym with group classes at good times is critical. I love group exercise. It really motivates me. I live in Canada and there's a chain called Goodlife. It is pretty pricey but for me it's worth it. Lots of my friends dont like gyms though so it's a really personal thing.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

still trying - I agree... I really miss my old gym and the classes we had! Being back in school I just can't afford a gym membership, especially when I can use the student gym for free. classes really motivated me, though!

ghost, I have been using the daily plate and I like it a lot, but i've never tried fit day so I can't compare the two.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #13  
This is not a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
still trying - I agree... I really miss my old gym and the classes we had! Being back in school I just can't afford a gym membership, especially when I can use the student gym for free. classes really motivated me, though!

ghost, I have been using the daily plate and I like it a lot, but i've never tried fit day so I can't compare the two.
ive been using the daily plate, and im giving fitday a try today, but at the moment i think i like the daily plate better. more familiar maybe plus i have my own excel graphs
Old 09-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker!/150

Height: 5'5"

Oy. Today was bad. I started out goodd at breakfast, but lunch was a potluck at church (I at least kept my portions small!) but for dinner I totally gorged myself on sushi. 140 calories for three and I had 9! I was grocery shopping without the DH and I saw someone buying some at Target and the craving hit. I bought my shirts, and went to the grocery store. I was so hungry and decided it was best to eat a little something before I bought groceries. So, I found some sushi...and I ate the whole thing. I guess I kind of did it on purpose because I know if the DH knew I got sushi he would be upset, and if I threw any away, it would be a waste of money. Ugh. It was good, though. I guess I'll just do better tomorrow.

On a positive note, I went to a step aerobics class yesterday and it was like they were speaking a different language. I could barely keep up. But I sweat so much and my calves still hurt today. I think I will have to find a step site and look up some of the terminology so I'm ready for next saturday.
heidelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #15  
This is not a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidelene View Post
Oy. Today was bad. I started out goodd at breakfast, but lunch was a potluck at church (I at least kept my portions small!) but for dinner I totally gorged myself on sushi. 140 calories for three and I had 9! I was grocery shopping without the DH and I saw someone buying some at Target and the craving hit. I bought my shirts, and went to the grocery store. I was so hungry and decided it was best to eat a little something before I bought groceries. So, I found some sushi...and I ate the whole thing. I guess I kind of did it on purpose because I know if the DH knew I got sushi he would be upset, and if I threw any away, it would be a waste of money. Ugh. It was good, though. I guess I'll just do better tomorrow.

On a positive note, I went to a step aerobics class yesterday and it was like they were speaking a different language. I could barely keep up. But I sweat so much and my calves still hurt today. I think I will have to find a step site and look up some of the terminology so I'm ready for next saturday.

I know what you mean! The first time i went to my weights class i was like "what? Clean...row...up, half...? what???" you get used to it D: