Old 02-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #31  

Height: 5'5"

yes- i got really worried once that i was ocd but its not because its more of a nervous habit than a compulsion. once i realize im doing it i can easily stop. weird eh? hehe

as for me im sick again! BOOOOOO!!!! so annoying as i just got over the last thing.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #32  

wow there are so many new posts! i'm gonna have to check in more often just to keep up and respond!

i'm so excited cuz i lost another pound, which means i'm exactly 20lbs down from my starting weight! it took me a while. i started on Oct 1 '08, and did well at first but got off track over thanksgiving and have been on and off since then. i've been struggling with those evening cravings though. ugh.
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:56 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Hey all,

Well I took my frustrations and chanelled it into a wicked weight session yesterday. I was drenched in sweat! I could not believe how far I pushed myself. On my final set of ball squats I managed to crank out 18 with 25lbs weights. I would have done 20 but my arms gave out and I nearly dropped the weight on my foot. And I ate pretty healthy yesterday too. So that's good. I'm feeling a little more relaxed today then I was yesterday which is a good feeling. However, I was susposed to get up and go to the gym this morning before work. I packed everything and set my alarm. I must have turned my alarm off in my sleep coz when I woke up it was 7:10. I'm susposed to be at work at 8 (though I'm usually there closer to 8:30, but my boss could careless about that). But I guess I needed the sleep. I'm doing well food wise today and I'm hoping to get in 30mins at the gym tonight after my brownie meeting.

Thanks everyone for their advice regarding my bf. It's nice to have a neutral sounding board. Any of my close friends that I talk to, always give the standard "Everything will be fine, don't stress to much, it will all get figured out" answers. Those don't help me in fact they pi$$ me off. I know it's well meaning but those answers just frustrate me.

I have two questions for you all. One, when I'm doing the plank during my ab workout after about 45 seconds I begin to feel it in my arms. I never feel it in my core. I know I'm doing them properly, coz my trainer is right there and he tells me my form is good; so that not the problem. Am I just weird or is that normal?

Second, shin splints! How do you get prevent them. I've bought new running shoes that have lots of support, but still I get them. Any suggestions/advice?

lizzy Thanks! I'm trying help him the best I can. As far as his dad goes I know exactly what he's going through. I went through it with my mom about 2 years ago. I know the stages he's going to go through. He's totally in denial like I was. He's going to get angry. I have never fought with my mom the way I did when she was sick. I was so angry at her for being sick. I feel terrible for what I said and did, but I was just so MAD! Then I went into research mode. I tried to find out everything I could about her particular cancer. I know that as soon as we have a more definate diagnosis for his dad he's going to be googling everything he can about blood cancers. I'm just going to support him as best as I can. I'm sure things will get rocky at times, but I'll do my best to help him get through it.

nutritionjunkie I find myself getting into that mood now. I just wanna stay at home and eat my healthy food and chill. I'm trying to make an effort to see people and hang out, but it's hard.

Cat's I agree with you. I wanna eat like I know I should but I don't feel like dealing with the extra effort it takes. Measuring food, weighing food entering it into fitday. It's a ton of work I just don't feel like doing right now, but I'm trying as of today to get back into it. But I've definately been feeling to lazy to deal with all that is required on this journey.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Re-weighed myself at the other gym (one is school, one is just a regular gym) and the loss was for reals. I ALWAYS feel like I have to weigh myself twice, two different scales, just to make sure that it's not just a scale fluke.

For the first time today when I was at the gym, I felt like a normal person. I didn't feel like a fat chick that everyone's like "Yeah, she DEFINITELY needs to be working out!!" I felt pretty normal. I could see some definition in my calves and I think I'm starting to see the loss. It feels pretty awesome. And I was pretty excited that I motivated myself to go today since today's been a little bit crazy of a day!

I also got some pretty cool news regarding acting....but I have to wait until after Friday to share it

Sorry I don't have time to respond to everyone, but I have to go jump in the shower!!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:08 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey, everyone. I haven't been posting as much as I was at first either. I have just been feeling like I need to be doing something else besides being on the computer. I promise to post and check-in more often. I miss you guys!

countrygirl7902: Yay! Way to go! I will be so glad when I finally reach my 20lbs. mark. I have 4 more pounds to go and they are really stuck. I have also been slacking a good bit. So, I'm sure if I up my game and quit thinking about all the junk that I would love to scarf down, I will lose that last 4 to get there. Oh, and I guess I should exercise everyday instead of every other day AND skip the weekends...haha. Yeah, I need a good kick in the butt.

readyfreddy: I'm sick too...stupid head cold! Get well soon!

SlimmingDown: Stinkin' AF! I crave salty stuff before I start too. So inconvenient at times...haha. I like yoga. I went to one class a couple of weeks ago and it was very relaxing. I had a hard time concentrating though because one woman was breathing really loud...it was very annoying..lol.

shrinkinglizzy:
Hope you get to feeling better soon. I've never been in your situation with a guy. I hope you can figure something out.

comawhite2818: I did the same thing yesterday. I made some homemade biscuits and instead of eating 1 like I had planned, I ate 3! Shame on us! Haha! Don't beat yourself up though...tomorrow's a new day and you can always start over.

caseygail21: Your statements motivated me. Thanks!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:09 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

artsnsmarts: Yay! Keep up the positive thoughts!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #37  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

I have a question. As I'm sure I've mentioned, I've been painting. It's high energy work. Sanding, painting, spacking, sanding more. I wonder if I need to go above 1200 calories? I've still been working out. I did about 40 minutes of weight this morning. Or not>
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #38  

caseygail21 i totally understand about wanting to get the losing part over with. i am constantly thinking about what it's going to be like to maintain. i even make plans about how i'm going to maintain my goal weight, but i'm still 30lbs away from it! i'm so impatient, which makes it really hard to focus and stay on track. i'm just trying to focus on mini-goals right now.

comawhite2818 i did the same thing last night. ate healthy all day, then after dinner i went a blew it all. but i just have to remind myself that i've messed up like that before and as long as i get back on track the next morning, it doesn't slow me down too much (unless i do it every night, which has happened too! lol)

shrinkinglizzy i don't know what it's like to have to keep living with someone after a breakup, but i can imagine how much it sucks since i 've been through plenty of breakups. and i totally understand not wanting to go to therapy. it's like i know i should and that it might help, but it's just so emotionally exhausting sometimes. i'm not gonna give you the cheesy "it'll be ok" line. but hang in there and we're here for you!

SlimmingDown don't worry about the 1.2lbs, it's probably water weight. are you going to a yoga class? i love yoga but i just do it at home with a DVD. i'm too chicken to go to a class until i get more in shape lol.

shantroy sorry things are so stressful for you lately. i don't really have any advice about your BF but helping him find a doctor probably is the best course. and about his dad, he's lucky to have you because you have been through the same thing and can help him through this. make sure you take care of yourself too so that you have the physical and emotional energy to be there when he needs you. on another note - shin splints. the only thing that helps me is to stretch that muscle really really well before exercising, and then stopping to stretch again periodically during the workout.

artsnsmarts i weigh myself at home and at curves just to make sure. the two scales don't always match each other, but they are both accurate compared to themselves (does that make any sense lol). it's like i need a second opinion before i believe i actually lost weight.

sgregg lol. thank's for the encouragement. i'm sure you'll get those 4lbs off soon. but just in case you need some help, here it is... *kick*
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I'm putting off a research project but don't want to get too involved in the personals.
1 -- Just wanna say thanks to those who are sending me good thoughts about the boy. Went to therapy and that actually was helpful.
2 -- Sort of in line with #1 -- yeah, hearing "oh, it'll be OK" is laaaaaaame. If there is one thing to know coming through this psychology program I'm in, it's validate feelings. No one wants to hear that their frustrations or sadness or whatever feeling they have are silly, or inappropriate. Shantroy, you put it nicely -- well-meaning but a pain in the a$$, I believe it was??
3 -- Way to go all of you losing weight!! Seriously. I would not have gotten to the gym today if it hadnt been for you all! And I'm so glad I went.

Just want to reiterate my question in case you missed it because I'm really hoping for an answer -- anyone ever break up with a live-in boyfriend but didn't have a place to move to?

OK. Now I'm off to research the effects of PTSD on the adult brain...

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:27 PM   #40  

Height: 5'5"

hey all - saw a cool tylenol ad today.

losing one pound can reduce the pressure on your knees by up to 4 lbs.

i thought that was pretty inspirational and a great reminder for me that small losses count too!

imagine the wear we are saving our knees by losing even one lb and keeping it off for 10 years!?
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:07 AM   #41  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

Shantroy: Doing exercises to strengthen your Dorsi Flexors located on the front of your legs and are primarly used for flexing your ankles. Strengthening this muscle is CRUCIAL to safeguard against shin splints.

Exercises to strengthen this muscle: http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/...-treatment.htm

this website gives you info about shin splints and some exercises you can do to strengthen that muscle!!!

hope that helps.
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #42  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

I'm a bit disappointed that I gained 2 lbs from last week. I had 2 pieces of Pizza Hut pizza, but other than that, ate good foods (and included them in my calorie counting) and I've been drinking lots of water, so I can't imagine that I've eaten 3,500 calories more than I need...anywho, maybe my weight will be down later this week. I'd like to say it's muscle, but I don't think that I've built that much muscle yet.

I dusted off my Tae Bo dvd...it's the "basic" Boot Camp...basic my BUTT. That thing kicked me in the arse! I couldn't even finish it, and my arms were screaming after I did the resistance band part. (That could be b/c I did strength training yesterday, then proceeded to paint the bathroom...) I can't wait til I can get through the whole video without wanting to die

ETA: Tae Bo with resistance arm bands and painting in one day...BAD idea!

Such a cute story to share. My 6 year old picked up my 5 lb weights last night and proceeded to lift. I asked him what he's doing and he said, "I'm exercising just like you, Mom!"

Readyfreddy, that's an interesting fact. I bet our knees are thanking us!

Last edited by frog0726; 02-27-2008 at 11:42 AM.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:49 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

My bf was complaining of a sore throat yesterday. I made the mistake of kissing him, and I woke up with a horrible sore throat this morning. On top of that, I'm just not feeling well at all. I just hope it's not the flu. I really don't need to get sick. It's a week and a half before spring break and I have a huge research project to finish up, a smaller research project on top of that, and a couple of midterms ON TOP OF THAT. I've heard a lot of people talk about being stressed. Someone started a thread about ways to cope with stress. I'm not feeling so much stressed as I am anxious. There's a big difference between stressed and anxious to me. I'll be graduating in May, and don't really know what I'm going to do after that, and on top of that, I have all of this work to get done, and I'm scared there's not enough time. I have this horrible anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach at night, and it's hard for me to sleep. I'm thinking once I get these research projects done, I will be a little less anxious. I'm just ready for it to be over with. Spring break is going to be amazing. I might be going to Gulf Shores, AL. Depends on how the money is looking

Now that I let that rant out, here's the bright side: I'm very proud of myself ... I'm feeling on track and healthy again. I was looking in the mirror this morning before my shower, and my stomach has already shrank since my "eat anything I want and don't exercise" spell. When I was on that little kick, I started to notice that I looked (and felt) really bloated and my stomach was starting to expand (gross, I hate that). Now, it looks like it's going back down to it's normal size.

We're halfway to the weekend, hope you guys have a happy and healthy Wednesday!

Frog: Don't let the numbers on the scale get you down, they're just numbers. The important thing is your moving in the right direction. Keep it up, and the weight will come off.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

So lately I've really sucked at getting up early to go to the gym. I was so good for a while there and now I can't get by butt outta bed that early in the morning. I'm still going to the gym afterwork, but I really liked getting my workout done in the morning. I've been packing up my clothes and mu breakfast and everything I need to get to the gym first thing, but I just can't bring myself to actually go. I really need to get back in that habbit. Especially, since I stepped on the scale this morning and i've gained 3lbs. It wasn't a huge shock, I've been eating like crap eversince Valentines, but still it's disapointing to see. Hopefully some of it's water wieght and i can get it off fairly quickly.

I'm going out to dinner with a good friend tonight. I've been a bit of a hermit lately, spending time only with my bf, which isn't good. I need to spend more time with my friends. Hopefully, I'll be good and get something healthy tonight. Wish me luck. I've saved about 900 calories for dinner so I should be ok. I really need some time with my bff so I'm really looking forward to tonight. I also have a "phone date" with a good friend who lives in Ontario tomorrow night. I can't wait to talk to her. It's been far to long. I've definately been cocooning with my bf lately. I'm hoping that by me getting out and doing stuff with my friends it will sorta inspire my bf to try and get in contact with some of his friends. I think that will go a long way to making him feel better. They one thing that he said to me that really stuck with me is "I don't have many friends here" The way he said it, just broke my heart. I know he has friends here, they're not super close friends but definately ppl he could hang out with. Anyways, I'm done with the pitty party....

illbehot Thanks for the info i'm going to give some of those a try. Hopefully, they'll help.

Cat's Don't really know what to tell you about the bf situation. It's definately a ****ty place to be in. I would suggest looking for a sublet or a place to rent for a while. It's not an ideal solution but it would give you a place to go while you and you're bf sort out what to do with your place. Check out craigslist and kijiji.com. Several of my friends have found places that way.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #45  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Well I attempted to see my trainer today but about 5 minutes in I started to feel nauseous and cold, which is a sure sign that I'm about to faint. So we had to cut the session short- luckily he just said we would reschedule for tomorrow. I don't know what caused it! I ate my usual breakfast (cereal, egg) and it's not like we were doing anything that difficult. I've also been eating 1500 calories a day so it's not like I'm too low on that either. I'm taking a break today and going out for lunch at my favorite restaurant and then taking a walk to the library. Hopefully this won't happen again tomorrow!

Hope everyone else is having a better exercising day!
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote