Old 03-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #106  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Ok, I did a 4.8 mile (roughly, from what Google Maps told me) last night -- followed by some leg toning/stretches afterwards with an exercise ball, was amazingly pleased that I didn't wake up sore!

However, during my run I did feel a bit of lower back pain, my posture seemed pretty straight to me, but is there anything I should do/watch out for during the run -- or any pre-run exercises or stretches I should do?

Thanks!
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:05 AM   #107  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

Funny you should say that - last week I noticed a huge improvement in my running posture - you wanna know why - my trainer, that I have now worked out with 5 times, has been making me work hard on my core - lots of core work - of course right now I feel so bloated from my period I can't comfirm that it is working

tw days i forgot to post that I ran 5.3 and my knee was a bit sore - wel really teh back of my knee - like hamstring - I had noticed I had been very tight a while back - today my trainer introduced me to the foam tube - or cylinder - yes cylinder - and showed me how to use it to roll my muscles out - becuase my hamstring where prob tightening up my tendon around my knee causing it to hurt - i was super doubtful - and then I rolled around for like half an hour on it (luckily in the privacy of the upstairs of the gym i go to - cuase its a bit awkward) and let me just say - it doesn't hurt anymore - it didn't hurt after I rolled it out - amazing! so my muscles must have just been extra wound up.

-----

ok - anyway - I did something else crazy today - I signed up for my first triathalon - now what is crazy is I'm prob no where near in good enough shape for it - it's next week - BUT - I mean sometimes u just have to bring it up a level right???? (my friend is doing it to - and she is prob in worse shape than me - cause at least I've been running longer distances for a bit) - but I joined this team - and I keep saying - i gotta run at least one race before this semster is out. so now I am doomed - and I will be dead next sat - watch out for me!!!! (at least I will boost up my minutes in the march challenge )

B
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #108  
Bida Bida Bida

calling all runners!!!

so yest I competed in my first triathalon - ugh - I didn't finish last - but very much almost last - all those fit people!

ok - I didn't train hardly enough for it - also I was sick - I think I had a fever the night before - the course was very hilly - so conditions were not ideal for me - but I stuck through it and did finish - yay!
I ran the slowest ever! 13.5 minute miles (now note I had already swum a mile and biked for 25 miles - and have never practiced fatigue workout - so of course on these hillly hills it was going to be slow - what was I thinking!!!)

how are you all doing?
Old 04-01-2007, 10:54 PM   #109  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

CONGRATULATIONS on finishing Bida! That's an accomplishment in itself.
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #110  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

BIDA, that is amazing! I am so proud of you!!!!!!!! How are you feeling now? I don't think I would be able to move for a solid week.

I am STUCK. Ever since I felt how easy it was to run at sea level, I have somehow managed to convince myself that I can't run at altitude, no way no how. I went for another hike today (about 6 miles) and was able to incorperate trail running, which is helping. It's my new love and I'm so bummed I will be away for the summer. Maybe I'll hit my summer weight before I leave because all I want to do is hike/trail run! Unfortunately, the 5k I was planning on doing will not happen because I have to be in Nashville that day, so I'm looking for one to do there- hopefully early on before it gets too hot.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:53 AM   #111  
Bida Bida Bida

thanks - oh yeah and the run was a 10K - glorius slow 6.2!!!
you are acclimated - get running!!!

hiking is great too though!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:03 PM   #112  
Bida Bida Bida

3.4 miles yest. anyone anyone?
Old 04-06-2007, 10:50 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 160/148/125

Hey everyone!

Hope you don't mind if I join this thread!
I started running again in February but haven't made it past 3 miles yet...
Hoping to do more soon.
This past week my knee (the right one in case you were wondering ) started hurting - so I just got some exercises from a friend to strengthen my quads... apparently that is supposed to help? Anyone have any experience with that?
Also I think I need to get some new running shoes as well - mine seemed to have lost their bounce! Why oh why must good shoes be so expensive??

Anyway - glad this thread exists! All you girls are real motivators!! I never thought running could be fun
silver plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:11 AM   #114  
Bida Bida Bida

plyometric is the name of the game! look it up online and find some knee excersizes (a lot have to do with bending and strengthening the muscles around your knee - NOT just your quads - cause you don't want them to be unbalanced - but your hamstrings, quads, calfs, etc)

cheers!
Old 04-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 160/148/125

^^^Thanks bida! I looked up plometrics and just printed a bunch of exercises! Hopefully they help!
silver plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:55 AM   #116  
Bida Bida Bida

ok - posting that I WILL RUN TOMORROW - becuase if I don't post I don't seem to do anything - and i've been lazy this weekend - and I ate WAY too much sugar - MUST RUN AND LOSE WEIGHT! TIME to kick my BUTT in GEAR!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #117  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I ran yesterday! It's been so busy (and cold!!!), but yesterday my legs were actually starting to hurt from being such a bum so I dug out our coldweather Under Armour and we went running-3.7 miles,a ccording to Ross' NikePod.
I forgot how "refreshing" it is to run in cold wet weather.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #118  
Bida Bida Bida

Hey - I'm refreshing us to the top again we seemed to dissapear again - and I have a race on sunday - and i've been demotivated - the good thing is at least since I have a trainer I am forced to work out twice a week - and then I make myself do at least another 2 times - today I ran my usual 3.4 - what have you done?
Old 04-22-2007, 08:14 PM   #119  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Hey Bida - Good luck on your race sunday. I am training for a 1/2 marathon and ran 8 miles today. It's the most i've ever run. I keep telling myself even before I started..."my legs are as light as feathers" - it worked for me - try it!!
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:57 PM   #120  
Proud US Navy Wife

Ok sorrysorrysorry *hangs head in shame*

I have not run in 2 weeks because -
1. I was on vacation for my birthday (Im 22 now, woohoo!), and not only did I forget my running shoes (I had my tennis shoes and my running clothes, I could have managed) but the weather sucked and I had no access to a treadmill.
2. I became sick on my last day of vacation... so badly that I went 2 days w/o sleep, and I got sent home from work early. I couldn't make myself move...

So, yes. Today was the first day I really felt ok enough to run, and it was my first attempt at exercising.. decided to redo W3. Ouch! I got a stitch in my side and some pain in my lower abs.. it wasn't that bad though, just the result of 2 weeks of inactivity. I took it slow, and it was a beautiful day. My recovery wasn't quite so complete though.. the exertion made me start coughing heavily near the end of my run, which kind of sucked. But meh. Day after tomorrow I'll start again!

There's been tooo much going on for me to make individual responses to everyone. Let me just catch up, and I promise not to go away again!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote