Old 03-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #91  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Oh, and Rai- that is SO cool about the basketball! A couple of my friends do a club volleyball thing and it sounds like a lot of fun!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:31 PM   #92  
Let's do this!

I would just like to say a big "thank you" to the firefighters at the firehouse next door to my apartment that like to hang out outside when the weather is nice for sometimes cheering me when I run by and the other times "pretending" that your football "accidentally" got thrown into my path. You all sure know how to make a girl feel nice
Old 03-10-2007, 11:37 AM   #93  
rai

S/C/G: 193/178/140? -->size 6 or 8

Height: 5'7

Junebug that is hilarious! I like to run with a shirt that can cover my bootie. Otherwise, when I run outside the men all stop and stare (I got a little junk in my trunk).

Got up this morning and ran 5 miles along Lakeshore Drive. The weather was nice (a little chilly at the beginning, but I warmed up within 0.5 miles into the run). The trail was a little icy and muddy in some parts though. It felt good to run outside, it was my first time doing that since October.
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #94  
Proud US Navy Wife

First and most importantly..

Rai - I was browsing in this thread and you said your birthday is April 10? Me too!

I think Im going to have to join you girls... I started C25k today. As in this morning.. as in I just got back. Silly me (or maybe not so silly?) I went out yesterday and bought running shoes without even knowing if I would like it. (which was an entire adventure within itself...) And you know what? I loved it! The weather was so beautiful today, which makes me happy because I really wanted to run outside. And the intervals were challenging without being overly strenuous, and at the end I was breathing a bit heavily and I had worked up a sweat.

It kind of makes me feel happy... partially because at the beginning of my weight loss I was WAY too afraid to run in public, where I was all huge and bouncy. And maybe it's because Im not as big. Or maybe it's because of the fact that, along with shoes, I bought two pairs of sports bras that I desperately needed. Or maybe it's because I was too busy enjoying myself to care what other people thought. Either way, it didn't bother me.

Weather is supposed to be warm the rest of the week, which is a good sign for me. Although it will make it interesting, considering my workout pants are the kind with the like vinyl outside and cloth inside.. you know what I mean? Makes my legs a bit warm.. but Im not confidant enough to buy shorts, so any pants would do that. And if I get to warm then heck, I can just roll them up, right? Ahh! I'll shut up now!

Junebug - Haha! That's a good way to boost self-esteem, right? . That's amazing in multiple ways *G*
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #95  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

i dont know if i posted i ran 3.3 at 10 at night on thursday - it was a breakthrough sticking to an excersize no matter what time!

i was gonna tell you fae - I don't wear shorts (my inner thighs would kill me) so I wear three quarter length pants - mostly nike - I only have found like 3 that I love - it used to be just onee - imagine how those turned out later! they retained smell quickly! hehe

B
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:48 PM   #96  
Let's do this!

bida- does working out that late feel better to you? I think that if I had the option I would totally work out later at night. My body is SO AWAKE between the hours of 8-11pm.

Fae- how's the C25k going? Don't you worry about looking silly. Heck, I STILL overanalyze my form when I pass windows and stuff. So not worth it.

Is everyone running or what? Me, I'm dragging butt and looking for any excuse to not hit that pavement.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:27 PM   #97  
Bida Bida Bida

I need to hit pavement tonight again late - had to help out people - right now am tired and groggy - need to work up the will power to run in another hour and a half! I can I can! I need to do abs this time too!
I think I'm gonna go for a hike tomorrow - I went for a hike on monday for 2 hours - didn't run much - was with a guy - somewhat in shape but less in cardio shape than me he wouldn't go up another 2 miles - loser!
B
Old 03-14-2007, 11:47 PM   #98  
Proud US Navy Wife

Bida - thanks for the idea . I actually went out and got another kind of pants that are lighter, that work great for me. The warmer pants work well in cooler mornings, as I discovered yesterday.

June - Lol look on the bright side.. it's warming up! Outside running! Bright sunshine and all that fun stuff .

So yes, I haven't quit and died yet. Actually, I'm really enjoying myself. I did 4 days of W1, going to start W2 tomorrow because I want a bit more of a challenge. (Maybe it's because my body is so used to walking 2 or 3 miles at once? *shrugs*) I found quickly that running is a great form of stress relief. Especially when I have my mp3 player and am listening to celtic music (tied with rock/metal as my favorite lol) Im going to have to restock my collection.. a large number of my cds were stolen when I was in HS, and I never had the money to replace them. Need to work on that.

But yea. I took 1 day off, and that was kind of a forced myself deal.. website says to take a break between days, and maybe as Im doing more running I will. Listen to my body, right? My body wants more! Heh.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:45 AM   #99  
Bida Bida Bida

Yeah - I did it - ran - 4.8 miles in about 46 miles - doing intervals - basically I did like what spinning people do when they spin - pick fun music - and accelerate with the music for the chorus parts (or stay fast for a while) - I looped this area in my neighborhood 3 times - there are about 3 major hills in the loop - so I try to make sure I go as fast as I can up them - there is one that is very major - i shoudl find out what it's incline is....
ok - gotta do my abs - had to sign on to tell my friend I got back safely!
B
Old 03-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #100  
rai

Fae, you must be cool! Hi b'day twin! I was born in 1980, when were you born? Aries are the coolest!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ran 5 miles today in 56 min and 47 sec. That's a Personal Record for me!!!! I didn't feel like I was pushing it though. However, 3 days ago it took me 58 min to finish the 5 miles. I am just so grateful that I can run. 4 weeks ago 5 miles seemed like such a hurdle and now I am running it consistently. I am trying to make 5 miles my base miles (before it was 3 miles).
Old 03-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #101  
rai

Oh yeah, I'm finding that I like to run in 3/4 pants. I only have 2 pairs though. I have one pair of pants and a whole bunch of shorts.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:54 PM   #102  
Bida Bida Bida

hehe - I wear the same pants a lot
how many days a week are you running?
3.5 is my base - and 5-6 are my longs - but I may have to step it up like you are!

----

so i stepped it up - ran 5 miles tonight...yeah! don't know in how long though - maybe around 50-55

Last edited by bida; 03-18-2007 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:37 AM   #103  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Morning all!

I am starting week 5 of c25k today. kinda excited- but i am scared of the 20 minute run at the end of the week. Yikes! But either way spring is definetly here! Azaleas are blooming all over, and that makes the run more pleasant. plus my new route in the neighborhood contains little glimpses of the river and that is good motivation to keep going- I wanna be in a bathing suit this summer!

Oh and yeah, Aries rock! I am April 17th.
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:46 PM   #104  
rai

ran 3 miles (32 min and 20 sec) today on the treadmill. I hate the treadmill!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:34 AM   #105  
Proud US Navy Wife

After a really cool weekend, it was nice enough to run again yesterday, score! Rather than taking every other day off like the C25k plan says, for the moment I'm just taking off the cooler "Wow it really feels like spring not summer" days. Today will be W2D3, but I think Im going to do an extra day of this week before I move on, so I'll do that on Thursday.. tomorrow's looking to be one of those cool, off days!

Rai - I was born in '85, so that makes you older. BUT STILL! . And yea I prefer running outside (tried the treadmill thing back when i started losing.

Yay for Aries!

bida - that's a good idea with the music, I never really thought of that. I should try that sometime... in about 2 years, when I'm better at running just by itself . And as for how many days a week I'm running, that's dictated by the weather right now. I can just say I've been going a week and a half and Im almost done with W2, even with adding an extra day at the end of each week. (took 3 days off this weekend though!)

futurepixie - Everywhere I read, people are scared of the running for 20 minutes. Im looking forward to it with excitement, but that will probably change once I get there. Hope it went well, updateupdate let us know!

Off to go put away laundry quickly before I go to work!