20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #16  
Jessica

S/C/G: 210/202/160

Height: 5.2

The machine I use is called an Arc Trainer by CYBEX.. its supposed to be better than a regular elliptical... and I think it is.. you can range from 1-10 on incline and 1-100 on resistance.. I usually do 5 incline and 20 resistance.. and once I put my weight in the 20 resistance is a bit harder.

I finally weighed in at 197 again.. this time 197.2.. uhg so close.. I really REALLY want a starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte today.. just that kind of weather, but I'm gonna be good!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #17  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimL1214 View Post
dayoneagain~ Is your bf on the same page as you food wise or is that something you are working on with him? My ex never ate healthy and that was actually one thing that ended up ending us as he did not see the importance of helping me lose weight.

Oh no, he's great - very supportive and doesn't bring things into the house that are on my banned list and we even exercise together sometimes. He's never had any weight issue and is naturally toned and stuff so it's not really on his list of priorities, but he does eat any healthy food I cook. There's nothing he does that gets me off track, other than being too fun and a food=fun trigger!

Something I need to overcome, for sure.

Last edited by dayoneagain; 09-08-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #18  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Hi ladies -

honestly, this has just been murphy's law - anything that can go wrong does.

Problems with the move, and new apt
Static with getting the kids into a new school district
Issues with incompetents at work and school
today, problems at the hotel my boss reserved for me

sorry to ***** - i'm just at the limit.

Deep breathing, yoga, and good movies tonight!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #19  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

dcapulet~ YIKES!!! Sorry to hear things are so frustrating right now!

dayoneagain~ LOL, does he have a brother??? I know how fun=food can be, and it is a big challenge, but you can definitely conquer it!

JessicaRT~ Sounds like an awesome machine!

Sooooo Olive Garden was a horrible idea and I'm hoping it hasn't set me too far back, but I definitely have some ground to make up after tonight.

I'm plannin on getting up early tomorrow to get in an extra walk to start working towards burning some of the million calories I ate tonight, so good night ladies!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #20  

Height: 5'10

The hard part of my week is over! I had 2 super busy days of work and now the next two days will be really slow. Awesome! lol

I really need to start doing some sort of toning work out ... or any work out for that matter. I haven't really been heavy into exercise the last few months and I really feel like I should start toning some of my flabby-ness if it's at all possible. Not sure what types of things I should do though.

Any ideas? I need to tone my arms ... legs are ok but could use some work. For some reason my legs have always been fairly lean compared to the rest of me. My STOMACH is the worst though.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:53 AM   #21  
The Last 10lbs!

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much, I keep meaning to come by and join the discussion and then I forget. Sorry!

Bass, I have the same issues. My legs are in great shape but I have always done a lot of walking (no car!). My arms seriously need some work and I am hoping to firm up my stomach too. I'm doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women which is supposed to give pretty good results for about 30 mins, 3x/week. I'm only on week 2 so can't say yet, but I did notice that yesterday I was able to do 6 proper push ups in the first round, then 7 in the second, when last week I could only do 4 without falling on my face and didn't even attempt a second round! Here's hoping I continue to improve that quickly. Good luck!

dcapulet - I'm sorry things aren't going well. I hope next week is better for you. Things will work out!

Jessica - I've never had a pumpkin spice latte - does it taste like pumpkin?!

I've posted my weight for the week because I am going camping this weekend and won't have access to a scale. We are going out near the Cotswolds (about 2.5 hours from us). I can't wait, I've not seen much of the Cotswolds before and we are camping in a field behind a charming little pub with local ale and cider. Thankfully I don't like either so my drinking will be limited, haha! I'm back to 148.6 after a slight (0.6lb) gain last week. As I had just started the New Rules of Lifting for Women I think that probably explained the gain but I am happy to be sitting back in the 148-region!

Onwards and downwards, ladies! Have a great weekend!

Last edited by freedomreins; 09-09-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:27 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 191/169/140

Height: 5'4

I was down 2lbs on my weigh in yesterday!

I got my run in on Tuesday but it was bad, it was my 3rd day on that same run, I guess I just was trying to run too fast. Today is W5D1, I'm going to take these runs SUPER slow 4.0-4.5, I was trying to run as much as I could at 5.5 on Tuesday. I think it will be more doable.

Kim- WTG on all the walks, I'm glad you didn't cancel on Olive Garden, we've got to be able to go out with friends and either a) eat something healthy or b) eat something and get over it and get put on track. or we won't stick to it very long if we're missing out on things.

Jess- the ARC trainer sounds cool!

Dayone- your BF sounds like a gem!

Bass- glad your week is slowing down.

dcap- Sending good vibes your way

Freedom-have fun camping, I'm jealous
Old 09-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 165/151/145

Height: 5'1"

KimL - Olive Garden is a toughie! Its amazing how many points even one breadstick is!! Applebees has some lower calorie options... so maybe that would work better? Pasta is so hard! I need to figure out a way to work it in somehow, someday!

JessicaRT - I think I've used that machine... it whips my butt! You know I bet you can find a healthier alternative to that latte... should check out hungry girl or something. Also, isn't starbucks the place with the "light" option? I know you can splurge on a frappacino light there for barely any pain.

Hope everyone is having a pretty good week so far! I have been super busy at work... didn't get out till 9 pm last night! 8am - 9pm is no fun at all. Had to run out to grab a quick dinner... turned to my standby subway. I <3 subway. My weigh in day is tomorrow hopfully the scale will tell me some good news this week. I know freddom is going camping this weekend, I'm working, what is everyone else doing? anything fun?!

It's gotten pretty chilly here... I think Fall is here. I need some new clothes desperately and my mom is pressuring me to go wedding dress shopping. I'm scared! I wanted to lose more weight first!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #24  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

AllyBride2011~ Normally pasta is something I only eat when I make it, because I don't trust how others make it and I never know how much oil, etc. restaurants use. I like the SmartTaste pasta as it is high in fiber, low in calories and tastes just like regular pasta. How was your weigh in today?

ellie6388~ CONGRATS on your loss!!! Great job sticking with C25K!!!

freedomreins
~ AWESOME job with your push-ups! Have fun camping!!!

BassAckwards~ There are a lot of arm exercises you can do that don't even require weights. I used to do a lot of exercises with a chair and the railing of my bed. Check online, you'll find some good pics. I would try to describe them, but I have a feeling I might confuse you.

Olive Garden was definitely a disaster that I really don't want to elaborate on. We'll just say it was REALLY BAD! Soooo... Goal for today is to get a membership at one of the gyms in the same town as my work so I can start coming early and going after school, especially once the weather turns. Today has been pretty icky and wet, and there is no sign of a warm up any time soon. Fall is here I believe and within a month to a month and a half, we'll have our first snow fall! I really need to make sure I am OP and going strong with exercise before the weather turns, so that it won't be a struggle with exercise when it comes time where I can only use the gym.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #25  
Jessica

yeah it does taste like pumpkin.. I actually let myself have a small one.. but it wasn't as good as I remembered... it just didn't hit that spot yah know.. oh well.

This poopy weather has made me lose my motivation.. I'm usually up and out at the gym by 11 and Its already 2 oclock and I havn't done anything besides watch soap operas.. I think a bike ride is in need.. it's just so dark and gray outside..
Old 09-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #26  
Jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAckwards View Post
Any ideas? I need to tone my arms ... legs are ok but could use some work. For some reason my legs have always been fairly lean compared to the rest of me. My STOMACH is the worst though.
I watch Jillian Micheals on YouTUBE there are free workout and such..

armed and Dangerous

there are others like "Butt of course" etc...
Old 09-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #27  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

thanks all! i know things will get better, but it just felt like a sucker punch to have thing after thing after thing go wrong! today was a totally a better day

Jessica -THANK YOU for the pumpkin spice idea. I had one last night - YUM! Also, Starbucks is now offering the TRENTA? even BIGGER, more EXPENSIVE coffee? I saw it in the Plainville, CT store last night...

Ally - I was just thinking to myself today how much like Fall it feels. I know I wished the heat away, but dang! Fall already?

Old 09-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #28  

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaRT View Post

I finally weighed in at 197 again.. this time 197.2.. uhg so close.. I really REALLY want a starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte today.. just that kind of weather, but I'm gonna be good!
I had one this morning! Non-fat, no whip! I LOVE these things ... however it is much tastier made the normal way I think. But i was trying to be somewhat 'good' lol.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:03 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

Hi All... I need a couple of ideas if possible. I’m catching up for dinner with a few friends on Saturday night and rather than head out like we normally would, I offered to cook at my place instead. This is mainly because I wanted to be able to control the calories seeing as the restaurants around me don’t have calorie counts listed on the menu or their websites (I’m horrible at estimating as well). The only problem is that I have no idea what to cook. In the past I would have made a pasta dish and chocolate mousse but they’re both super high in calories so I want to steer clear of them. I’ve tried changing the recipes for both but let’s just say, no one would be going back for seconds. I would like to make a main and a dessert. What do you guys normally cook when you have company coming over?
Old 09-10-2010, 01:20 AM   #30  
Jessica

lol how many of you guys went out and had a pumkin spice latte?? Now I feel 3x guilty that I had one and everyone else did too.. lol.. I got no whip as well but I went with the half and half because it has no sugar in it like regular milk or non fat..

TRENTA!! Seriously like we need bigger cups of coffee?!
Closed Thread