Old 09-21-2007, 10:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213.2/207/145

Height: 5'7"

Default how long to see real results?

Can any of you tell me how long it took for you to see real results? I am off work for the next 5 weeks and have been trying to lose weight for quite some time I've done low carb before but I need motivation. You guys sound like your doing really well. Can you just maybe tell me how long you've been low carbing, how much you've lost so far, and if you think I can lose noticeable weight in the next 5 weeks before returning to work? Thanks.
Hillarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #2  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I think how fast you see a difference in yourself can depend on a few things.
I guess it can depend on how much weight you have to lose, where you need to lose it and what kind of results you want to see. I don't really see any change in myself, yet my husband says he can sure see the difference already. I can tell my clothes fit differently and even had to get some new clothes because, while I like everything big and baggy. Those big and baggy clothes were falling off me.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-26-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:01 PM   #3  
On a De-fluffing Quest

S/C/G: 250/c sig/160

Height: 5'5"

When I have followed Atkins in a healthful way (meats and veggies, no protein bars or shakes, no fake goodies) I lose generally about 10 lbs a month. I lost 50 lbs this way, hit a plateau (when I was eating tons of low carb goodies) and gave up.

I really think it's the most consistent way to lose weight, if you stay consistent with the diet. And you have to change how you eat for life in order to keep it off.
MissyFluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:37 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Hillarie,

I tend to agree with the others, I think it depends on how much weight you need to lose to begin with. Its been my experience the more you have to lose, the quicker it seems to come off, especially in the beginning.

MissyFluffs is 100% correct....Atkins needs to be done correctly to see optimum results....meaning, eating only what is on the acceptable foods list.

To be successful & acheive permanant weight loss, you must change your eating habits for the rest of your life. You can't think of this as a temporary fix you can go off of once you reach your desired weight. If you go back to your old ways...you WILL gain the weight back. "If You Did What You Always Did....You'll Get What You Always Got!"

All the best to you!!!

Kim

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 09-22-2007 at 06:39 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:41 PM   #5  
LC lifestyle

S/C/G: 252/230/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
I guess it can depend on how much weight you have to lose, here you need to lose it and what kind of results you want to see. I don't really see any change in myself, yet my husband says he can sure see the difference already. I can tell my clothes fit differently and even had to get some new clothes because,while I like everything big and baggy. Those big and baggy clothes were falling off me.
Good for you for having loose clothes..so much more important than the scale..(although I have to admit being addicted to getting on the darn thing) .. I am just back on low carb this past week. have a 3 lb loss an dhave to remind myself.. it is not a race.. or a diet but a lifestyle change. keep up the good work.. 50 lbs.. wow.. that would/will be amazing.. have not been in the 100's in years...
coolchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:10 PM   #6  
LC lifestyle

S/C/G: 252/230/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks MissyFluffs.. I knwo 10 lbs a month is doable if I stay strong and focused. Here's to all of us!!
coolchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #7  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

cool
Thank you. I only do a weigh in twice a month. Don't want to get caught up in worrying about what the scale says. I care more about how my clothes are fitting. Was nice when they started to fit better. Even better now that they are starting to be to big.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-24-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 213.2/207/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone. I know it's not a quick fix and it's worked for me in the past just have to motivate myself out of this self hate rut to get back in the game so to speak. I should be starting this week if all goes as planned. I am stuck at about 202 now and have aspirations of being around 145 again. I wish it could happen before my 30th birthday but that's only like 4 months away. Thanks again.
Hillarie is offline   Reply With Quote