Old 09-25-2007, 02:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Default Alcohol ?

I am just curious, I have a vacation coming up and I know I will be going out a couple times. Does anybody know if there is a website that has the nutritional info for alocholic drinks, like mixed drinks? Just curious!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:00 AM   #2  

Default website

I don't have enough posts apparently to post an actual link. And I haven't looked at it lately but I think it is calorieking. Do the .com thing on the end obviously. I am no longer on a low carb diet (rocking outloud with a creative WW strategy), but when I was on Atkins, I drank either Michelob Ultra, Vodka or Gin with diet tonic, or (when at home) Vodka and Crystal Light Lemonade or Grapefruit flavor. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon to either one of those and you have a rocking low carb drink.
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #3  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

If you know you're going to be drinking, I'd steer clear of beer and drinks mixed with mixes/sugar. Clear alcohol (vodka, rum, gin, etc) has zero carbs, so pair that with diet soda of some kind and you've got a carb-free drink. Booze can still stall weight loss, but at least you can avoid the carbs while you're drinkin'.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:55 AM   #4  
On a De-fluffing Quest

S/C/G: 250/c sig/160

Height: 5'5"

Just an FYI, Alcohol has more calories per oz than carbs do, so it will make your calorie count skyrocket. Alcohol is also metabolized by the system similar to carbs. So, while a high alcohol liquor such as vodka is low carb, it still acts on the body in a similar way and will throw you right off induction pretty quickly. Another thing I have noticed is that alcoholic drinks seem to get me drunk way quicker when I'm on induction or very low carb. I think it's metabolized differently when I'm in ketosis perhaps. But it's been detrimental both to my diet and my sanity. For example, on a low carb diet, only one beer will make me seriously buzzed, and trigger cravings for sweets. While I'm not on Atkins in the past, it usually takes 4 beers to have the same effect, and they wouldn't necessarily make me hungry.
MissyFluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Just a little post-script to MissyFluff's comment . . .

Fat = 9 calories per gram
Carb and Protein = 4 calories per gram
Alcohol = 7 calories per gram
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #6  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

For cocktails out and if you enjoy tomatoe juice, how about having a VIRGIN bloody mary. It is low calories and super filling, plus you get lots of veggies as most are jammed packed with big vegetables as the stirring sticks in the drink, because it has celery, pickles, olives, aspargus, so it looks like your drinking badly, but in reality your not, PLUS you can EAT all those veggies too and they help fill you up. Nobody will know its not liquor laiden, except you and your waistline of course... If you like it spicy, ask for a dash of hot sauce, to fire up that metabolism!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #7  

Well I haven't looked at calorieking.com yet but I will! I think I will lean towards bloody marys, they are delicious and I live spicy!! YUMM

Thanks!!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #8  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

List a quick list compiled from "The Daily Plate" (a "shot" of liquor is 1.5 ounces. From what I've noticed, this is what they typically put in a mixed drink at the bar):

Hard liquor (Bacardi Rum, for example) = 65 calories per ounce / 0g carbs

Regular Beer (Budweiser 12oz bottle) = 145 calories / 10.6g carbs

Light beer (Bud Light 12oz) = 110 calories / 6.6g carbs

Red Wine (4oz serving) = 85 calories / 2g carbs

White Wine (4oz serving) = 80 calories/ 1g carbs

And my favorite and now off-limits drink?:
Frozen Strawberry Margarita = 583 calories / 75g carbs
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #9  

Azure: WOW that is A LOT of carbs, I would have never thought that many was in a margarita! It's a good thing I don't like those, lol. I hate tequila.