General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #1  

Default What brought you to 3FC?

How did you find this amazing website and what keeps you coming back?

I was googling for "weight loss" and you guys popped up. I come back daily (many times a day actually ) and can't get enough of the support and the fact that whatever my day brings (good or bad), someone on here has "been there, done that" and there are so many wonderful suggestions to get me through. And, the best part is -- it's not all about the weight, this site helps the people with any problems they have -- it's like a little bit of therapy for whatever ails you!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:27 PM   #2  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

I found this by searching in the internet for low carb recipes and this website showed up. First of all the name really got to me, it stood out because I thought who would call themselves 3FC's. So I read a little excerpts from someone message and thought, wow, how open and honest they are telling everyone about themselves.
So I decided to become a member and from there on I can't seem to stay out. I love it here.
And I love to help, support and encourage others who are in the same situation as I am.
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:46 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Me too "D"

A little over 5 years ago, on my birthday, I was searching for a recipe...it lead me here for a low cal one. The kids and Angie had been working with me to get me to use this scary computer thing....they were tired of me always asking them to look something up...anyway 5 years later and over 3,500 posts...HERE I AM!

I started and stayed on Christian Encouragers for a long time...then I discovered General Chatter.......

I know...I know..."you can go away now"

Last edited by EZMONEY; 07-19-2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: my memory stinks
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:47 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Oh ~ and where else could I get so many AWESOME women's attention?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:52 PM   #5  

You know Gary, you are the one I was most curious about -- I never saw the "before and after pictures", the "I've fallen off the wagon" threads, etc. from you, just a guy out to chat with as many woman as possible in a single day without making his wife upset!! I consider this your virtual "lounge" for socializing -- it wouldn't be the same without you here.

I guess this is where we will learn how accurate the search engines are -- someone will eventually say "I searched for broccoli" and found 3FC!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:08 AM   #6  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Oh ~ and where else could I get so many AWESOME women's attention?
GoooofffYY! jk!
Wow this website has been up for this long? I had no idea.
That's really cool.
I'm probably the only one up right now, thanks to the dust storm we had around 10pm.
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:15 AM   #7  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm a huge library-checker-outer, rather than buy my own books only to read them once. Well one outing at the library, I thought the 3fc books was SO cute! I read that whole thing one afternoon on our way down to Columbus (about 2 hr)...I laughed out loud and it really piqued my interest.

And I LOVE it here! I'm kinda wishing I had bought that book though! I loved the chick references.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:54 AM   #8  
Meg

I found 3FC way back around 1997 ... yep, it's been around for a l-o-n-g time! I'm sure I was looking for WW support since that's the program I was doing at the time. Back then, there weren't many members so everyone used their first names. So I'm plain old "Meg" instead of some of the clever user names I see now. I think there have been two server changes that we all had to re-register for, the latest being in 1999. But I go even back further than that ... and, needless to say, I'll be here forever.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/177/150

Height: 5'8"

I was actually looking for restaurant/fast food nutrition facts, and this popped up. And after a look around, I thought it looked like a great community and a good place to try and help me stay focused on my weight loss.
wurpess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Someone on nutridiary mentioned it, I believe... penpal I think?? or tealeaf??
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I had made the decision to lose the weight and get fit. September 4 was when I began my journey. About a week or so into my journey I started to wonder if there was some kind of on line weight support group. I thought it may be of help to me (I was right by the way ) I did a search, and lo and behold - up popped 3FC. I've been hooked ever since. It has been a wonderful experience to be able to "speak" with so many people who all have very similiar experiences and the same healthy goals as me. It's the first time I have ever been able to talk so freely about my weight issues. And to be able to do so with people who understand perfectly, has been invaluable to me.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:58 AM   #12  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

I googled "weight loss tips" back in June and 3FC came up!
I read some threads and was so impressed with the support and advice on here that I registered the same day!

I still don't post all that much, but I've read SO many threads and find this site to be invaluable in so many ways
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #13  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

When I decided it was time to lose weight, I figured what better way to figure out how to go about it than to get tips from people who have actually had success. So I googled something like “weight loss success stories” and ended up here. I was thrilled to find a 300+ group and I find it so inspiring and helpful to be part of a community like this.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:57 AM   #14  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I get Oprah's magazine, "O", and they mentioned it in an article there. They also mentioned another one, but I looked at this one first and loved it. I'm fairly new to the General Chatter section. It didn't occur to me that we could talk about something other than weight loss, exercise and dieting!! ha! But we get to talk about reality shows, baseball, and play games!! Cool!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I was experiencing a slight plateau and sat down at the computer and Googled weight loss and 3FC was one of the first that came up. I was intrigued and signed up and here I am 1 1/2 years later!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote