Old 07-09-2007, 10:52 AM   #1  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

Default 70-ish to lose weekly checkin 7/9-15

Those were some great "encouraging words" last week -- I especially liked, "You are in control! Food is not!" (thanks, katallan)

Well, we survived the holiday week...what's in store for you this week? More vacation? Work? Anything special you'd like to share?

Please check-in with:

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

Your most recent "little victory" (weight loss is all about the baby steps, now, isn't it?):

Finally: someone suggested renaming our thread "that 70s show" -- what do you think of that idea?

Last edited by queenjane; 07-09-2007 at 01:36 PM. Reason: add poll on our group name
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:05 AM   #2  
Feeling better every day.

S/C/G: SW: 230 CW: 200 GW: 160ish

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):208

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):205

Your most recent "little victory" (weight loss is all about the baby steps, now, isn't it?):When I reached 209...the fact that those last two diggits started with a zero seemed like a big deal!
Piiper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #3  

What's in store this week? Work-work-work. Plus trying to help my son get used to sleeping nights in his "big boy bed" (he's 2 -- he's been doing weekend naps there great, but struggling with nighttime sleeping).

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 210 -- last week's gain is gone!

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Move more to try to meet my ambitious July exercise goal! That and the ever-present "don't eat after 9PM" -- it seems that 9 is the magic hour when all I crave is junk. Aiming for 208 on the scales next week.

Your most recent "little victory" (weight loss is all about the baby steps, now, isn't it?): I managed to not eat after 9PM 5/7 days last week (one night we didn't get home from work/school and an after work event until 8:30, so I kinda had to eat after bedtime that night, the other was just a complete loss of control). I'm going to recommit to this goal this week and aim for 7/7!
Old 07-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #4  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Good job on the 20*'s, Lisa! 199 is gonna be great, too, isn't it? I can't wait myself!

WTG on your self-control queenjane!

What's your weigh-in: 207.2 - That's .2 up from my lowest (last Tuesday), but I'm hoping TOM is the reason.

What's your goal this week: Downward movement on the scale, and a new focus on weight training!

Your most recent "little victory": I bought some flax seed oil at Trader Joe's and successfully ate it with my yogurt this morning (without unpleasantness - I have a bit of a traitorous stomach sometimes). It's a big step for me because it's a whopping 14g of fat that in no way contributes to the yumminess of the food I'm eating, which means I'll have to more carefully restrict my fat for the rest of the day to compensate - and do this for the rest of my life! Despite the appearance (ick ick ick), it didn't seem to have any flavour, so I think I can handle it.

It's especially nice to know I'm making an effort to get a healthy dose of the GOOD fats that will help a lot of my internal functions - and I hear they help your skin a little, too!

EDIT: Re-weighed myself on a whim and fixed my weigh-in. .6 of a pound lighter than 2 hours ago, hah! I usually don't weigh often, but I will out of curiosity every now and then.

Last edited by Ethereal; 07-09-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #5  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning! Just found the new thread after being on vacation last week!

Had a great time camping and managed not to overindulge with the exception of one day! I did manage to step on the scales this morning since I was gone on my regular weigh in day and am down to 191.

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 191

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):Stay focused and lose weight and inches!

Your most recent "little victory" (weight loss is all about the baby steps, now, isn't it?): My blue jeans aren't as hard to button as they use to be! Definitely a victory as I thought I might have to go up a size!
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

You Girls are doing great!! Like Ethereal said, WTG!!

Aaahhh me. I did not have a great exercise/food week, but managed not to go above last week's weight. The fourth wasn't so bad though considering all the good food (healthy too, but a lot of variety) out. I just never really got it back together though. Thank goodness for Mondays (ha! never thought I'd say that =).

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 217

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Exercise 5 out of seven days and drink a lot of water.

Your most recent "little victory" (weight loss is all about the baby steps, now, isn't it?): I'm starting to look decent in a tank top, which is great because Southern California has been hot hot hot!!
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:53 PM   #7  

BTW, 'That 70's Show' is a cute name/idea. Demi Moore is one lucky lady, that Ashton Kutcher is a cutie pie!
Old 07-09-2007, 01:39 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmama2three View Post
BTW, 'That 70's Show' is a cute name/idea.
I think it's a cute name, too...though it's not exactly clear what the group is for if that's our name (70-year-olds? people born in the 70s? people who want to discuss the television show?). How about:

"that 70s show -- on our way to losing 70-ish pounds 7/9-15"

--K
Old 07-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #9  

Oh, that's good too!!

Is anyone here on myspace?
Old 07-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #10  

Man, I really admire the "100lb club" here...I lurk, and just LOVE the support and encouragement they give/get. It's awesome and inspiring to watch these folks become HALF the person they once were! Almost makes me want to set my goal at 119 so I can join them -- but that's TOO skinny on my frame.

Anyway, one of the neat things they do is a monthly "points" challenge to help them stay on program and accountable to their fellow group members (you can read about it here. So, I would like to propose a WEEKLY challenge on our thread...we could use the same rules as the 100+ club (or different rules, if you'd like to propose them):

- Give yourself 2 points if you stayed on your food plan (whatever that might be) for the day. No splitting points if you "kinda" stayed on plan -- it's all or nothing.

- Give yourself 1 point for drinking your water (whatever water goal you might have) for the day.

- Give yourself 1 point for doing your exercise (whatever your exercise goal might be) for the day.

A total of 4 points available per day, 28 points for the week. You keep track of your own points by editing your post to the check-in thread. The winner will be posted at the top of our weekly check-in thread...the prize for winning is LOSING weight! I hope it's OK to steal an idea from another support group that seems to be working for them. Maybe to avoid confusion for those who use the "new post" or "search" features, we could call them something other than "points" -- or maybe give ourselves a "smilie" for each point we earn?

What do you think? Want to start this with next week's weekly check-in thread?

--K
Old 07-09-2007, 04:58 PM   #11  
Shedding My Cocoon

That's a cute idea - I'm for it.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #12  
I can do it !!!!

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): Last weigh in was Friday @ 219, I haven't checked again since.
What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): To get to the gym 2 more times than last week.
Your most recent "little victory" (weight loss is all about the baby steps, now, isn't it?): We had friends visit this weekend and someone made homemade biscuits. YUM!!! BUT I did decline. That is HUGE for me. Instead I measured out my 3/4 cup of cereal.

Short Goal
- I really really really want to be less than 210 in a month. I need to be.
Excercise Goal is :
starting my routine at the gym. Same time each day, getting the workout over with early so I can feel great the rest of day. I heard you need to do this 3 weeks in a row and it should become a routine/habit?Weekly Goal: Do not forget to take my synthroid or vitamins!!!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #13  
I can do it !!!!

Okay -- you are off line for 2 days and miss so many updates! I love reading how everyone is doing.
NOW, listen to this, the other day I was channel surfing and caught part of a talk show, don't know which one, but they had a girl on who had gained 85 pounds. Then they had the red team trainer from the Biggest Loser come out and talk to her. When asked how long would it really take to lose that much weight? If she tried and did her best, ate right and worked out etc.
This trainer told her "a few MONTHS"
?????
A few months?? I was thinking over a year!
How can you drop 85 pounds in 3 months????????
I was shocked that this "trainer" from a major network hit show would say something like that?
What do YOU think???
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:33 PM   #14  
Shedding My Cocoon

Hard though it is to believe, it's true. There are a lot of ways to drastically accelerate weight loss - unfortunately, a lot of them have risks, and all of them are unhealthy in that you will be losing lean body mass along with the extra fat. Less muscle means a slower metabolism and less strength/energy, which makes it that much more likely that the weight will be regained in the end.

Though it frustrates me, I sincerely believe the pros when they say a slow loss of 1 - 2 pounds per week is optimal for long-term weight-loss and maintenance. Any more (water weight aside) and you could be making things even harder in the end.

I'm aiming for about a year for my 82 pounds!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #15  

I hardly ever watch TV, but I was channel surfing last night and saw one of those "extreme makeover" shows. There was a woman who had lost 100 pounds and they gave her a full body tuck, and a group of overweight kids who went to a camp to lose weight. I have been thinking a lot about the extra skin I'm going to have when I lose these pounds, and I've been nervous about the fact that I might have to have surgery to get rid of excess skin. Even though I've seen the fabulous results other 3FC'ers have had with tummy tuck and the like, I just thought "maybe this isn't for me" -- but I was really inspired when I saw it "live" -- they showed how they do the procedure, and the results were pretty amazing. Now, I can't wait to have my tummy tuck!