Old 07-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #16  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
I hardly ever watch TV, but I was channel surfing last night and saw one of those "extreme makeover" shows. There was a woman who had lost 100 pounds and they gave her a full body tuck, and a group of overweight kids who went to a camp to lose weight. I have been thinking a lot about the extra skin I'm going to have when I lose these pounds, and I've been nervous about the fact that I might have to have surgery to get rid of excess skin. Even though I've seen the fabulous results other 3FC'ers have had with tummy tuck and the like, I just thought "maybe this isn't for me" -- but I was really inspired when I saw it "live" -- they showed how they do the procedure, and the results were pretty amazing. Now, I can't wait to have my tummy tuck!
Yeah, I've been thinking about that too. My lower abdomen will have lots of excess skin. Between pregnancy and being fat, it is streched beyond what will ever come back to semi "normal".
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:45 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

I like the points challenge idea, it kinda breaks down our goal habits into smaller steps and will likely serve as a reminder to keep on track!

I wonder about the cosmetic surgeries too. We won't know for sure till we get there. For me, I know I will be worried about the risks and the pricetag, but it sure would be nice to look 'perfect' some day.
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:02 PM   #18  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

I'm feeling full and feeling FINE! Woo-hoo! Day 2 of staying on my eating program.

Have a good evening everyone!
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #19  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Yay queenjane!

I started a new workout today, and boy am I SORE! I'm giving a program called Turbulence Training a try, where you kind of tax your muscles in short bursts and then burn a lot of calories the rest of the day due to your body exerting extra effort to mend and recover. Definitely not for everyone, but I'm optimistic. I only need to train 3 days a week, 45 minutes each (including both weights and interval cardio), and then some light activity on the other days; I think it's recommended to have 1 day completely off as well.

Also incorporating some diet strategies from a program called Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle (it's an eBook, like Turbulence Training is), such as having some lean protein with all of my 5-ish small daily meals, and aiming for a 50% carb, 30% protein, 20% fat calorie distribution. It's going to be pretty hard, for sure, since I never plan or cook meals in advance!

I think I will have to learn that down the road.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #20  

I've become a daily weigher...I know that things got out of control (and I gained about 27 pounds in about 6 months) when:

a) I stopped nursing
b) I discovered Trader Joe's big chocolate bars, and
c) I put away the scale because it made the bathroom look "messy"

I moved the scale to my bedroom, and I've been weighing everyday. I know there will be some fluctuations, and I can deal with that -- but I just need to keep tabs on my weight right now so that I can stay on the right track. I'm sure once I've been at this awhile longer, I'll have more confidence in my ability to follow my program and I'll be seeing (and feeling) results in other ways than the # on the scale. I also plan to do monthly measurements (B/W/H).

How is everybody else "keeping tabs" on themselves?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #21  
katallan

Quote:
I've become a daily weigher...I know that things got out of control (and I gained about 27 pounds in about 6 months) when:

a) I stopped nursing
b) I discovered Trader Joe's big chocolate bars, and
c) I put away the scale because it made the bathroom look "messy"

I moved the scale to my bedroom, and I've been weighing everyday. I know there will be some fluctuations, and I can deal with that -- but I just need to keep tabs on my weight right now so that I can stay on the right track. I'm sure once I've been at this awhile longer, I'll have more confidence in my ability to follow my program and I'll be seeing (and feeling) results in other ways than the # on the scale. I also plan to do monthly measurements (B/W/H).

How is everybody else "keeping tabs" on themselves?
Well I for one have a scale "obsession" I am trying to break! I am trying for once a week (thursday). My scales are in the kitchen, right by the refridgerator. Talk about making you think twice!

I also do the weekly measurements. That helps me. And I have started keeping up with my calories and fat grams using fitday. I hate to put down that I have "cheated" in writing!

Ethereal - Glad to see someone else trying out new exercise dvd's. I have been pulling mine out of the cabinet and mixing them up. But I am sore also!

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

I weigh myself nearly everyday sometimes more than once a day. I can't help myself, I like to know where I started the day, how much I ended up at and how that translates the following day.

I take my measurements every month or two. And I like to try on "old" clothes to see where I'm at.
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #23  

I went SHOPPING today. I have a big week-long conference for work in a few weeks, and I needed some stuff to wear...and the big news is...(drumroll)...I've already dropped a size! I pulled 18Ws off the racks and they were all hanging on me -- even the shirts (which hasn't ever happened since I got pregnant 3 years ago). The new clothes are cute, but hopefully, I will be able to have them altered soon when I drop to regular 16 or even (dare I say it?) 14!
Old 07-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #24  
I can do it !!!!

Queen Jane - congrats on the new size. I am always curious how much weight is in between sizes. 10 pounds? 20 pounds? When I mean size I mean 18-16-14-12-10. That's just awesome for you.
Ethereal - good idea about the 50% carbs 30% protien thing. I need to get back into my fitday and start inputting stuff again.

As to other topics - I tried weighing daily but it gets too frustrating. When you diet and diet and work your butt off and think "oh this will be great" only to find you gained. I guess in the early stages your body is sometimes confused? Once I got so ticked off my blood preasure was going up. I took a shower to relax....after the shower I got on the scale again and was 2.5 pounds lighter!!! I know a guy on Oprah once said to wait a couple of months ...who the heck can wait 2 months before checking a scale? I am however going to TRY to wait until my birthday in a couple of weeks.

Love the DVD exercise concept...I haven't done that in years...sure would be fun to try instead of at the gym!

2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:25 AM   #25  
Feeling better every day.

S/C/G: SW: 230 CW: 200 GW: 160ish

Hi girls!
I know what you mean 'Hotmoma2three', I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but I can't help it !! I neeeeed to know if I've lost any weight! And ofcourse I'm frustrated if it goes up a pound or 2 but I know that since I'm weighing myself everyday there will be fluctuations, but its sooooooooooo worth it when it goes down. I've lost 19lbs so far , I can't see a difference but just seeing that number on the scale makes me want to jump up and down! I can't take my measurements because I don't own a tape measure, maybe I'll invest in one, but at the moment I just go by how my clothes fit..my jeans feel a little looser and I can definately tell my chest is smaller (which I'm loving but the fiance keeps saying he doesn't want it to get smaller lol) I just can't wait til I see it in my face, the curse of the double chins NEEDS TO GO AWAY!!!!!

FOR EVERYONE!!!!
Piiper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #26  
I can do it !!!!

Lisa - would you mind if I asked how long it took you to drop the 19 pounds?
As for the tape measure, do you have a gym nearby where they could measure for you? Here I do belong to a gym but before we moved I did not, however I could go to the Y and pay something like $20 for a fitness evaluation. They measured me, took my body fat percentage and also had me work out and they compared me to other people in my age group to tell me how fit or unfit I was. It was worth the 20 bucks.
Now that I do belong to a gym, they will measure me every 6 weeks. They said pounds are much harder...but the inches will be noticable. Lord I hope!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:59 AM   #27  
katallan

Quote:
I went SHOPPING today. I have a big week-long conference for work in a few weeks, and I needed some stuff to wear...and the big news is...(drumroll)...I've already dropped a size! I pulled 18Ws off the racks and they were all hanging on me -- even the shirts (which hasn't ever happened since I got pregnant 3 years ago). The new clothes are cute, but hopefully, I will be able to have them altered soon when I drop to regular 16 or even (dare I say it?) 14!

Congratulations queenjane! What a boost in confidence for you.

I haven't been brave enough to go clothes shopping yet. I think I'll wait a few more pounds first! I just now got rid of the "muffin top" on my pants I've been wearing

I am headed to the doctor for a followup in the morning and can't wait to weigh on the "real" scales!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #28  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Good job ladies! I am impressed by the energy and optimism in our thread. Let's keep it up!

I don't seem to be losing anymore, or infact gaining a little. My excuses are TOM just passed, and my first week loss of 5 lbs was probably water weight. I also only drank 48oz of water yesterday, which may contribute. I'm still determined, but now I'm just worrying about whether or not I'm doing it "right." A week and a half is not long enough to tell for certain, though, so I'll just keep at it and see what happens later on.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:08 AM   #29  

OMG I joined a gym. Well, it's the Y. I wanted to do it, but my son & I were going to have to pay the family rate ($67/month) and I thought $25 additional on top of an individual membership for a 2-year-old was a little much (esp. when the "youth" membership for teens is $10/month). I e-mailed the membership director and worked out a "deal" that is quite a bit better.

I want to do some of the classes with him (swimming, mom & me movement), and to do some machines that are too big to fit in my house (treadmill, spinning, eliptical).

I think it will be good for BOTH of us. Now...off to bed with me!
Old 07-13-2007, 02:32 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi all
Sorry that I have been away all week. It has been an unexpected busy and trying week. I will explain more later. Not really doing that great on all of it-diet and exercise. I need to get to sleep-up way too late tonight. Check in later.
Heather
heath13 is offline   Reply With Quote