Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 08:17 AM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Welcome Maggie! I'm tall too (5'10") so I know what you mean about hiding it well! It's not really a good thing! I lost 19.7 lbs. on WW, but having been playing games for the past year, not really losing...just gaining. Have about 75 lbs. to lose all together, but about 19 to get back to what I had lost before.

Karen- Sorry to hear that DH didn't make it back from Boston. We've got about 6" right now and it's supposed to snow until midnight!

Tech- The silk is soo much thinner, my nails really look natural! It's like a piece of that white medical tape, just thinner, and they put it on your nail and cut it to size. She did mine a little longer than my nail, because my nails are almost non-existent, and then put a bunch or shmutz on them - glue, some liquid stuff, more glue, powder, glue, powder, etc... then she filed and filed and filed, then shaped, and finally put the base and color on!! I did this really nice light peachy pink color, looked like it blended with my skin kinda. It turned out really nice. One of the girls at work thought it was a french at first, til she looked closer. I definitely recommend it. I'm sure that's more than you ever needed to know...

RR- Glad you're feeling better! Hey, what exactly does Fat Tuesday mean??

Have a great night all!!

Lauren
Old 02-23-2001, 09:38 AM   #17  

Hi all!

Welcome Maggie!

Ok I have been swamped and shouldn't even be on here so I need to be quick.

Vick, Glad you are feeling better! Enjoy the festivities with Mardi Gras. Please add 6 more miles for me.

Rabbit, You got me kicked back in gear thinking about those bathing suits. I have had about a week slump. I didn't even go to WW tonight. Met a couple friends for margaritas and nachos!

I am very excited the DH comes home tomorrow. It feels like he has been gone FOREVER. The dog and cat will be thrilled as well. They have both been pacing this house looking for him.

Take care everyone!

Nanci
Old 02-23-2001, 08:59 PM   #18  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

Nothing too exciting going on here. I really, really need to quit weighing in between actual weigh-ins. Yesterday I was into a whole new range of numbers - today it's back. I know, I know... BAD Terri, BAD! I promise I'll stop.

Maggie - Welcome!!!! I'm not as tall as you (I'm 5'7) but I still know what you mean. I weighed about the same as my best friend, but she's 5'3 1/2 - what a difference a few inches make... Too bad I'm not 6'6 - I wouldn't have to loose a pound!

LBH - Congratulations Auntie!!!!!
We got a phone call ourselves on Wednesday morning that my oldest cousin's wife gave birth to their 4th early that morning. Hunter Rhead weighed in at 9lbs 8oz and 20in. Biiiiig boy!!! Little Jenna's totally outnumbered now with 3 little brothers (Hunter, Hayden & John). Ohhhh, babies.... Oh, and both of my best friends in CA are going to start trying to get pregnant around the beginning of next year!!! I better crochet fast!

Have an awsome weekend everyone!! All of you getting tons of snow, stay warm and safe!

Terri
Old 02-24-2001, 02:20 AM   #19  

Hi all. We had a party last night at ww because we'd lost 500 pounds. So that was fun. As for the un-fun part, I gained one pound. The only thing I can figure is from doing the weight machines 3x/week. Hope that doesn't sound like a cop out to you all, but I really can't figure it out otherwise.

Lauren - Congratulations auntie!

Maggie - Welcome to our group! You sound like you have such a good attitude!

Karen - Hope dh has made it home by now.

Tech - I can't, I can't. What would I do without my trusty scale? I really don't think it affects what I eat. I just like to check up on myself. Or the suspense would kill me. Maybe I could try to cut back on weighing, I know they said it is such a bad idea. I'll think about it.

Nanci - glad to hear you are back in gear! I hate to miss ww. I will have to miss the week after next when I am out of town - and the out of town part is always tricky too. Usually I am working so hard though that I don't gain.

Ok, gotta go. Have a great weekend. Will post mileage tomorrow.

Rabbit
Old 02-24-2001, 11:35 PM   #20  

Wow, you all must be busy, busy!

RR - please put me at 123.37 miles. Thank you!

Hope you all are having good weather this weekend - it is raining and very dreary here. Where is that sun??

I've done lousy the last 2 days because I was bummed about the gain I didn't feel I deserved. Dumb, dumb. But I've pulled myself up by the bootstaps today and am ready to go.

Have a good one - Rabbit
Old 02-26-2001, 03:45 AM   #21  

Hi all! Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! Still just kind of reading and getting my bearings with all of you

I do have a question - you posted exercise points and someone (Rabbit) had 102.8 - is that for one week?! Then Rabbit has 123 today... Now that I think about it is most likely is for the year so far, and not a week (either that or rabbit is an exercise-a-holic!)

I "officially" re-joined WW (this is time #3!) on Saturday morning, although my normal weigh-in night will be Thursday. The Winning Points is a little different and some of the things I ate before are a little higher in points, but other than that its just as it was! Also, I've heard that you get a "food mover" which has something to do with your exercise (like the old slide you got once you reached your 10%) - anyone know what week that comes? Anyway, the scale confirmed what I thought in my introduction! Looking forward to a nice drop on Thursday night

Not sure of how much more to write in here since it started LAST Sunday, so I'll stop for now. Hope everyone has a great week!

Maggie
Old 02-26-2001, 04:23 AM   #22  

Hi all.

RR - Please put me at 126.37 miles. I played tennis today and thought I'd get that in this weeks count since we haven't updated yet.

Maggie - oh, yes, that is for the year thus far! I'm not THAT much of an exerciser. Congrats on rejoining ww. I can't remember what week you get that exercise booster.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Rabbit

PS - I bought one of those tanita scales to see if maybe I am gaining muscle and losing body fat. Pretty scarey getting on it! But also interesting to track.

[This message has been edited by Rabbit (edited 02-25-2001).]
Old 02-26-2001, 07:52 AM   #23  

Well we must all be BUSY!

Maggie, Good job on rejoining WW. Trust me you are not alone in joining for the 3rd time. I was at my goal weight having lost 101lbs. When I started gaining it was like no big deal what is 5lbs I lost a 100. Well that 5 turned into a lot more! At least we are back. I sure we wish that we could purchase that motivation that keeps ya going.

Terri, I am with you and having to stay away from that darn scale. It is much worse when I am really on plan. It is like I think the lbs are going to be falling off by the hour!

Rabbit, Don't worry about that lb! I am sure it is the weight. It is frustrating when we see that gain and it is not deserved. It sends me straight into a mode of self pity and to the food. A lot of good that does because the next lb I really deserve. Get back on it As you said it is not long for swimsuit season.

Lauren, You are getting so close to the big day. I am starting to get excited for you so I can just imagine how you feel. Just relax and enjoy the time. I got so stressed b4 mine that I broke out in hives, definately not a fun thing. You need to make sure and post pictures so we can all feel like we were part of it.

Karen, I am glad some financial aid came through for you.

Tech, I have been trying to get the DH to take dance lessons for years. So far no such luck. He needs them! It is like dancing with John Travolta in Saturday Night fever

I have been doing so so with the points. I really need to get to ww and weigh in. I am struggling with my leader. She is not motivating and rather annoying. I know I am doing this for me and not her but it is frustrating. I have been good about the exercise. I even ran today on the treadmill. I didn't go as far but I can sure tell that I got a better workout.

Vick, Hope you are enjoying all of the mardi gras festivities. Please add 6 more miles for me.

I have jury duty tomorrow. I am not looking forward to it. This is the 4th time I have been called in 2 years. Each time I have been picked for a jury. I want to stand up and say I HAVE DONE MY CIVIC DUTY!

Take care everyone! LETS HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK!!!!!!!

Nanci

Old 02-26-2001, 07:46 PM   #24  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

OK, it's down to 2 weeks, 5 days!! Oh a good note, I lost 3.5 lbs. this week!! Didn't think I was that good, but I guess it has something to do with Aunt Flo's arrival!

Don't have time to update with everyone...will try later!

Lauren
248.5/242/170
Closed Thread