Old 01-22-2007, 06:59 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Question So, what's for dinner tonight?

Hi everybody.

I thought I'd throw this idea at you girls. How about we start a daily dinner thread? We can tell each other what we're eating, the recipe if you want, the amount of calories (or appox.), the nutrition value if you'd like. You can give as much or as little details as you like. I know I'm always looking for ideas, and sometimes too much information doesn't stick with me, but perhaps doing it one at a time, something WILL stick.

Tonight's dinner:

Chicken breasts w/spinach and tomato
1 cup mushroom barley soup

Serves 4.

4 - 4oz. boneless chicken breasts, grilled with fresh garlic, onion powder, a little salt and a little pepper.
2 - boxes leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed out - sauteed with Pam and 2 large cloves fresh garlic
4 - plum tomatoes, sliced and broiled

Appox 270 calories per serving, appox. 35 gms protein, 8gms carbs 3.5 gms fiber

I divy up the spinach, put it on 4 plates, the cutlet on top of the spinach, tomatoes on top of the chicken.

I made some mushroom barley soup the other day, so I will probaly have a cup of that as well. The only thing fit day has for mushroom barley soup is canned. It says it's about 75 cals a serving, 12 gms. carbs, 2 gms protein. So who knows what homemade is - probably more.

This is pretty much what I make every Monday. Not always with the soup though.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:45 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Robin -
Sounds like a great idea. I'll be back on to post after hubby and I pick a menu.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Robin that sounds really good I will have to try it I love spinach.

We are having chicken as well with barbecue for the kids and I like mine with a little Italian dressing on it grilled on the Foreman broccoli 2 boxes drained with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and some garlic. The kids are having egg noodles and I am having a salad with mine.
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 329/223/147

Height: 5ft5

I'm having corn tortillas (3) filled with a left over aubergine bake and some salad to go with it. I like having lots of different colours and flavours going on - stops me heading for the cake shop!
EnglishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

This is a great idea! My husband and I rarely cook at all because we usually get home late, but we want to start cooking more, so this will give me some great ideas. Tonight we'll probably just do sandwiches (plain turkey on toast for me, with a salad). Last night we marinated chicken breasts in one of those bottle marinades (mesquite) and baked them, and we cooked some red potatoes and frozen seasoned vegetables. Pretty yummy!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:14 PM   #6  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Mmmm, tonight will be fish, salad and brown rice with veggies. Here's how I'll make it!

4 oz. fish per person (We like cod or hoki the best). Sprinkly heavily with Old Bay Seasoning on both sides. Saute in skillet in a bit of extra virgin olive oil. WW points works out to 4 points for per serving and gets in one of your healthy oil requirements.

2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, heated through. Mix with 2 cups prepared brown instant rice. 2 points for 3/4 cup serving.

Salad with lots of fresh veggies mixed in....caluclate for any cheese or salad dressing!

Special note: My kiddos have always loved breaded, fried fish. They like it prepared this way just as well, and it's so healthy for them! Also, the fish cooks in just a couple minutes, so I can literally put this entire meal on the table in 15 minutes!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:31 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Black bean, ricotta cheese and spinach enchiladas. Veggies on the side and maybe even more beans. Calories for the enchiladas is about 160, total dinner will be somewhere around 300 calories, maybe less.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Well my dinners are usually pretty boring.... and don't change drastically night to night because quite frankly its quick and easy. Tonight .... hopefully (I just started eating again since I've had the flu) will be grilled Italian chicken breast (thank you Mr. Perdu for selling the individually packaged pre-marinated chicken breasts)in the George foreman, brown rice (I made a batch yesterday) and lots of broccoli.....mmmmm my favorite. If my stomach is feeling iffy later today then I may just stick with chicken noodle soup. Fitday tells me that this is 371 calories, 35g protein & 40 carbs.... I live alone so I'll only make enough for 1. Hopefully I can get some easy dinner ideas from here and mix it up every once and a while!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #9  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

I've been testing out my Rachel Ray cookbook that I got for Christmas. The menus aren't necessary low-cal or low-fat, but they're healthier than I've eaten in the past and we're exercising portion control (which has always been my problem) and I don't make the desserts. I don't like to deprive myself of anything - I don't "diet" - so as long as I eat whatever in moderation, I allow myself to eat anything that I want. I've been eating more veggies than I've eaten in 20 years, at least, and my kids haven't refused anything so far!

All that being said...tonight is Chicken Marsala and Fettucine with a Rosemary gravy.
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:22 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Tonight for us is a stirfry with broccoli, bell pepper, carrot, and spinach with some chicken breast in a spicy miso sauce, served over a brown and wild rice blend.

Per Serving:
4oz chicken breast
1 cup broccoli
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup red bell pepper
1 cup raw spinach
1/3 cup sliced carrot
2 tbsp spicy stir-fry sauce
1/4 c chicken broth (to thin out the sauce)

Cook rice, stir fry chicken and veggies, wilt in spinach, add in sauce (mixed with chicken broth and a smidge of corn starch to thicken)...serve.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

I am making chicken breasts with roasted red peppers and shaved parmesan. a side of steamed brocolli and cauliflower and a green salad.
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:47 PM   #12  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Fish Tacos and Cabbage Slaw

Mahi Mahi marinated in soy, rice wine vinegar, ginger, cilantro, red chili and some splenda. Low Carb Tortillas

Paul Newman's Asian Dressing over Cabbage and Shredded Carrots, slivered almonds sprinkled on top.

Steamed broccoli on the side.

I'll have to update the calories after I make it and add to Fitday. I still need to go to the store and get the dressing. Thanks for the reminder
HottieInHiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:10 PM   #13  
Live for the Moment!

Whole Wheat Mini Chicken Quesadillas for me!

Seasoned chicken breasts, salsa and tons of sauteed bell peppers! With just a tiny bit of cheddar! Yummy!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:10 PM   #14  

lean beef tips ( Cooked in crock pot with 57 sauce and water) After done drain the juice off and add 3 packs of brown gravy mix with 3 cups of water.. serve with whole wheat rice..I drain most of the gravy off but kids and hubby loves the brown gravy.
Green beans and squash on the side.
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

We are having homemade enchilada's - 1/2 cup ff refried beans, 2 oz. chicken, green peppers & onions, 2 T. cheddar cheese & 2 T. enchilada sauce made with whole wheat tortilla - and a salad. I already put it into Fitday, but didn't pay attention to how many calories. I will go back and check. I just checked, per serving: 527 calories.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote