Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #1  
Diane

S/C/G: 180/170/145

Smile Fluidity Bar?

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the Fluidity Bar. I just saw the informercial the other day and I am quite interested in this product. I checked with the informercial review web site and there is some positive feed back on the product. Sometimes I wonder if the comments made on that site are real and I know that I will get real honest opinions here.

Take care
Diane
littlerozzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:55 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

When doing a simple search on it, I found a lot of ebay listings/craigslist listings from people who used it once and are selling it. It looks like it works if you want to do some strengthening as well as flexibility exercises but it may not be for everyone. It looks like some gyms offer classes using it and others compared it to the Bar Method tapes which use a heavy chair for some of their exercises.

If I was looking into buy it, I'd try to find a local gym that offers classes and see if I could at least try it out before buying it or rent one of the DVDs that are similar such as The Bar Method/Lotte Berk and see if those were for me.

If you do end up getting it, let us know what you think of it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

I seen it advertised on TV & phoned to order for my daughter & it was going to be 4 times more plus shipping & handling to get it up to Canada. She use to dance & I thought she would enjoy it - but it would be about $250 to get it here.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 180/170/145

Thanks guys

I think I might wait for a while see if the price will go down or maybe it will be in stores next year.

Thanks again
Diane
littlerozzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:58 PM   #5  

I just saw this infomercial the other night, when I was up with DD since she was sick. It looks interesting. There aren't any gyms in my area, which is too bad, because I think that it would be great for stretching and flexibility.

But it is expensive, hopefully you can keep an eye out on craigslist or ebay, or the price will come down.
DonnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:59 PM   #6  
outnumbered!

S/C/G: 186/182/140

Height: 5 3

My mother bought me on for xmas - it arrived today. I will try it out and let you know how it works for me! I had never heard of it before, but it looks to be well constructed and sturdy. The entire package contained the bar, 4 DVD's, resistance bands, a ball and pump, and a whole foods book I haven't read and an instructional guide.
justcath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #7  
outnumbered!

S/C/G: 186/182/140

Height: 5 3

well, I tried it. It seems very easy to get the hang of, but there were several moves I just could not do, mostly the sitting leg lifts and such, hard to explain. All of them are very controlled, very small movements and I spent the whole time hoping I wasn't doing them wrong. I didn't really feel anything during or after, muscle fatigue wise. You need a lot of balance and flexibility to do this, but I guess the more you do it, the more of those two things you gain. I think I need to give it some more time to fully get a feel if it's for me.

My mom will be very disappointed about wasting the money if it doesn't work - so I feel I need to give it a really good try. LOL
justcath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:25 PM   #8  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I bought one about a month ago and I love it! Every time I do it, I feel stronger and leaner. You're right, the leg lifts are very hard to do, but I'm finally able to do a couple with both legs lifted at the same time.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #9  

I have it. The price is for the Bar itself. It's very sturdy and well made. The videos are well-produced, but nothing to write home about when you compare them to Callanetics, or the other 'lotte berk' workouts currently on the market.

If you want the same results, but for less money, 'craft' your own barre from Home Depot, and pick up Callanetics (or Bar Method, or those other vids.)

Lotte Berk exercises are AMAZING for reshaping the body...
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 8"

This is an older thread so I don't know if anyone is still looking but I got my Fluidity program back in January so I thought I would pipe in here as someone who's been doing it a while. I really love it. Still doing it 3 times a week and am about to embark on the second (intermediate) level. If you don't feel like you've gotten a workout unless your so sore you can hardly get out of bed the next day you won't like this program. I honestly didn't think I had done the moves correctly because I wasn't sore the next day but after only the first week I felt stronger and more flexible.

I really like this particular program because they actually give you 3 examples to follow depending on your capability rather than having a whole "class" all working at the same level - which is invariably a higher level than me and makes me feel inadequate.

Those "flat back" seated leg lifts are killer and almost made me feel I'd picked the wrong program because, initially, the biggest problem I had with this move was that my big old tummy kept flopping in the way of all that extra thigh and blocking me from completing the moves but I hung with it (although I admit I did hang on to the carton for a whole month "just in case"). I'm in the middle of my 10th week and am really surprised at how much difference an inch off my thighs and 2 1/2"s off my tummy make as far as being able to make progress with this one. Still can't quiiiiite get the knees to actually touch around the tummy but almost

Bottom line - If you are serious and can make yourself stick with a program it works great.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 8"

P.S. - That part about not being sore - I lied Just started the next step up to the "intermediate" level. Ouch. Still love it though.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #12  

I am thinking about getting the Fluidity Bar--
wondering if you are using it long term.

Do you still enjoy and use the workouts?

What results have you seen?
jahra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #13  
Auntie M

I just ordered this item and was wondering how you are making out with it and if you are still happy with the results.
mnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #14  
Auntie M

I was wondering if you continued to use it and if you liked it after a while.
mnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnelson View Post
I just ordered this item and was wondering how you are making out with it and if you are still happy with the results.
Hi!

I did order the Fluidity Bar and I love it! I used it this winter
along with the original dvds and recently purchased the new
dvd series. It is permanently set up in my dance studio room
so I do not have to store it. That said, it is the best piece of
equipment I have along with a Pilates stick and pilates circle.

I also use the Bar method dvds for variety and I have been very
happy with the results.

I have joined a local gym for a few months so my Fluidity
Bar will get more use again in the Fall and Winter. I want to take
advantage of the gym machines while it is still here-many have closed
in our area

Please update us and let us know how you like the Fluidity system!

Last edited by jahra; 04-20-2010 at 04:08 PM.
jahra is offline   Reply With Quote