Old 12-03-2006, 10:09 AM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Hot & Healthy Challenge Chick's 12/03/06

Hello!!! Some of us girls were in challenges together and we all liked each other so much and were so supportive of each other that we wanted to continue that beyond just a turkey or x~mas challenge. Support and friendship is something we all need no matter what the season! So we decided to start a group!

Who can join this group?

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join! We are a very supportive group and we talk about life in general as well as exercise and eating.

What is this group about?

This group is about supporting each other to be healthy and to exercise! We need to remind ourselves that at whatever size we are, we are hot! And we challenge each other to be healthy which means eating right and exercising.

Everyone is welcome to join us! At the beginning of the month we can state our goal for the month whether it is losing a few pounds, changing some bad habits, or just all around maintaining! Come on in! We'd love to have ya!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #2  
I AM healthy!

Okay good morning everyone! I will get to how I am doing in a little bit. My throat is sore right now!

martiniforme:

Holiday baking sounds like fun! I will be doing mine soon plus we have two birthdays this month! Someone save me! haha
Quote:
I've decided to do everything in bite sizes this year! I made bite size star-shaped sugar cookies last night. Usually I would have about 3 normal/large cookies, but instead I had 3 bite size, they were just as good, but less! Maybe it's a mental thing. I still felt like I got my 3 cookies, but my thighs didn't!
That is awesome! I want the recipe! WHere did you get the small shaper from? Did you use splenda?

Quote:
DF is leaving town on Monday. He has to go do a project out in the field that will keep him there until Friday. He'll drive home Friday (takes most of the day), have Saturday with me, then drive back on Sunday, then come home the following Friday.
Awwww that will be rough!

Quote:
I went looking for Ezekiel bread all over town, and NOTHING!
Awww. No health food stores near you?

loveandlaughalways:

Just keep working on it! You will get faster!

Calejo:

Quote:
I didn't do tooo badly today, I got my workout in this morning, but skipped my afternoon one due to time restraints with family issues. Plus I've been getting a pain in my left side that flairs up if I bend a certain way and it's been getting worse. I need to make a trip to the Dr., just to make sure it's ok, it's been there for a month now and has been increasing a bit.
Yeah go get that checked out!!!

stopeating:

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone I went to my two holiday parties yesterday and I did okay. I did eat some things that I try to stay away from like dip which is HUGE for me. But I ate a lot of carrots, celery, and broccoli with the dip. I'm guessing my calories to be 1800-2000 yesterday? The wine party was family style and they passed each bowl around. Psychologically that's hard because I feel obligated to take some. Still just one spoon of each. Could have been a lot worse. Not weighing myself for a couple of days.
Good for you for being so strong! I LOVE chips and dip and I would of indulged! haha

ennay:

Morning ennay!
Old 12-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #3  
I AM healthy!

Whoohooo!!! Guess who lost a pound this morning??? You guessed right! Me!!!! Wheeee!!! SO that is 1.5 total this week. Yeah!!!! So of course I was hoping it would be 2 pounds this week but the week started off kind of rocky cause I had those stupid HFCS bagels still! I will go find cal stats in a minute but I did alot better the last 3 days with cals and the beans and all that. Yippee!!!!

Last edited by Jasmine31; 12-03-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #4  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Jasmine you are so amazing!!! You are such an inspiration to me, I really need to take your lead and just do this already!! Way to go on that loss!!! Onederland here she comes!!!! What an amazing new years gift for yourself! How's the throat? I hope its short lived, no need to be getting sick now!

Mande....ah the baking! I dont dare start doing that till much closer to Christmas. Although I'm not sure I will do much this year since my cousin who I normally share half of it all with has gestational diabetes so she doesnt need the goodies around anymore than I do.

We got our tree yesterday, its SO beautiful and my house smells amazing! If I didnt have so much homework to do today I'd go get the outdoor lights put up and finish putting up the rest of the inside stuff. But I gotta focus...1 more week of classes and then finals then I'm a free woman for a few weeks!!!

Off to the books! Have a fantastic sunday everyone!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:24 AM   #5  
I AM healthy!

November 26(sunday/ bagel day)

2191 cals/60 grams of fat

November 27(monday/bagel)

1877 cals/ 53 frams of fat

November 28(tuesday/bagel)

2200 cals/ 83 grams of fat!!

November 29(wed/ no bagel!!)

1454 cals/38 grams of fat

November 30(thursday/no bagel)

1664 cals/ 42 grams of fat

December 1(friday/no bagel)

1649 cals/ 35 fat grams

December 2(saturday/no bagel)

1430 cals/40 fat grams

Does everyone notice the first 3 days were days I had those awful bagels and my eating was extremely out of control!! 1700 is what I want my limit to be. , 1800 or so is pushing it, maybe on an out to eat day, but two days of 2200!!!! That is rediculous! And I knew what I was doing cause I always check with fitday but it felt uncontrollable all those days!!

I quit eating the bagels and voila! I was never over 1700! I even had two 1400 days and was full on that! Let me also tell you ladies these beans are VERY filling! I even had enchiladas last nite and I STILL lost this a.m.! Some of you oldtimers know how enchiladas are my weak spot. I made mine separate so I could meausre it out and you know what, when it came time to eaT dinner, I could only eat HALF of what I had planned! So I am saving it for lunch today.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #6  
I AM healthy!

Hey huneb! I am glad I am an inspiration to you! Yes my throat is still hurting. I crashed hard last nite before our movie ended and didn't even have energy for my 8 minute abs! I will today though!

Well I still want to do some baking. I am goping to be substituting splenda though and watching the cals. I am glad you got your tree!!! When we move to Mt I wan a real one! Right now we just have a fake one. We need to find where it is in the garage first! haha

Have a great day!
Old 12-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

Corn is back on! I found it on the world's healthiest list of foods as well!

Corn!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Morning! just got back from my run- 9.25 miles wooohooo, havent run that far since pre pg. And the best part is that gives me a bigger food budget today so I got my favorite breakfast 2 whole grain pancakes with 2 real eggs over easy and a little bit of light syrup...yummmmmm

My baby is 2 months old today...time flies

sooo....last week through saturday night:
avg cals eaten 2079
cals burned 3108
balance : -1028 right on target
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #9  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

loveandlaughalways:
Aww, thanks sweetie! I'm not that fast of a walker/jogger though! I do an exercise DVD called Walk On To Weight Loss, and it's all "on the spot," which I'm guessing allows us to move our legs faster or something. I'm able to keep in time with the instructor, and she says that we are going 4.5mph, but I work up one heck of a sweat!! I can't wait until I can go jogging again

Calejo:
I agree, definitely get to a doctor soon! I ignored me knees for so long, and just figured it was part of getting older (and I'm only 23!). Turns out that my cartilage was degenerating, and if I had taken care of the problem sooner, I could have possibly avoided surgery. Don't get me wrong, I'm still avoiding it like the dickens! But I take Glucosamine Sulfate with Chondroitin, with encouragement to do so from my doctor, of course . And you're welcome for the links!

stopeating:
We have a festival like that here as well! And a parade that goes around the town (very small town LOL), and passes in front of all the houses, so no one has to sit out in the cold

ennay:
Happy 2 months to your baby!!

Melissa:
Yeah, if I couldn't give it away, I'd be dead!

Calejo:
Here is how to post your pictures
1. Click in to the thread (so you are viewing all of the replies)
2. Click on the button in the top-left that says "Post Reply"
3. A little box will appear, with some images atop it (things to make your text bold, italic, coloured, etc)
4. Select the one that looks like a paper clip. A new box should pop up.
5. Select the button that says "Browse." Use this feature to navigate to where your picture is saved on your computer.
6. Click "Attach"

There a go!

Jasmine:
Congrats on the loss!!! Evil, evil HFCS! And you're right, it will be rough, but I'm going to try to make the most of it. Get some things done around the house that I otherwise wouldn't have time to do with him around. And no dual suppers for 2 weeks!!

Last edited by martiniforme; 12-03-2006 at 03:06 PM.
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:52 PM   #10  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Broke down yesterday and bought some jeans. I cleared out my fat pants last fall when we moved ...good strategy except when you are planning to get pregnant. So I have basically one pair of jeans that after 30 minutes I can pull off without unbuttoning - they had been stored with my maternity clothes. I didnt even know what size they were

Mervyns here is going out of business and everything is 40% off. They had the same brand & style of at least on of my pairs of size 10's I bought summer '05. I tried on the 12's and they button with pain and serious muffin tops, so I am not going to be in the 10's anytime soon. I bought 1 pair of 14's (where I am now) and 2 pairs of 12's for this spring. Hopefully I'll be back in the 10's by this summer.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:23 PM   #11  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

congrats ennay ill be glad when i feel comfortable putting on my jeans how is everyone? corn is okay? im going to check out this list because i love corn
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:36 AM   #12  
Losing To Live

I lied!
Well, not really, but I did make a mistake. In saying I walked 4.5mph, I was wrong. It's only 4mph. Eep
Old 12-04-2006, 12:40 AM   #13  
Losing To Live

Default Meal Plan: Monday, December 4, 2006

B: 1 cup 1% Milk, 1 scoop Slim Fast Optima
S: 1 sv (100g) LF Yogurt
L: 1 sv Chkn Gumbo
S: 2 LF Rice Cakes, 2 tbsp PB
D: 2 Chicken Fajitas (no sauce, 2oz skim mozza)
S: 1 mini bag PopSmart Popcorn

W: 3000mL

E:
30 min Circuit (gym), 45 minute walking DVD (4mph)
Old 12-04-2006, 02:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you so much for those kind words martini about my picture and the beach. I just remember how I used to look. Oh well that's what i'm here for, to lose weight. Even if it takes me 3 years, i'm going to do it!

Do you think it matters how fast we walk as to how long we walk? I've heard different stories. Walk faster work out less... you know. I get so lazy sometimes and the only thing I can do is make myself get off the chair and just start walking slow, but sometimes I start walking then i start to feel like going faster and faster. It's amazing our bodies. Sometimes you just have to make yourself start...and your body does the rest. I know it definately matters on the intake. i learned that lesson this week as I gained a pound and a half. i counted calories sometimes but not all week like I should. But husband was home...hmmm excuses, excuses!!! I have to quit.

I have kept up my exercise though. I did 90 minutes yesturday and today after church met my friend, his family, his friend, and his family, with my family (if that isn't confusing, LOL ) and played basketball for an hour and then flag football for an hour. It was alot of fun and believe me I was sweating. I didn't play that great, but then neither did anyone else. There was a few good players, but not all the players were good.

Jasmine you are awesome!! congrats on your weight lose!!

Ennay I love corn too. I never knew how healthy it was!! Wow, 9.25 miles, that is awesome. When I was young (10-11) I used to run 6-10k runs. Jogged every day 5 miles and remember loving the challenge. I hope to sometime get there again if my feet will permit. Congrats on being able to buy new clothes!!

Hun.e.b. Goodluck with your classes and finals. Boy I know that is stress, stress, stress!! Go get a pedicure, manicure and facial when your done. The same day!! It does wonders.

Didn't realize I had soo much to say. Goodnight to all and all a Goodnight (or however it goes, )
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone, you are all so informative, on such a variety of things it is truly amazing. Congrats to all who lost weight. School finishing, baby two months WOW time really flies, I can't believe how far you can run already!
I must admit being in Canada some of our foods are much more expensive, but buying in bulk, certainly seems to be the answer. Some food like the bread, I have not heard of here. Did not do so well this weekend, it was our 25th wedding anniversary last Monday and everyone wanted to celebrate, so too many meals out (Kids treated us to two nights at the Pillar & Post Motel and Spa, where we had gone for our honeymoon, in Niagara-On-The-LaKe). then dinner with champagne with brother & wife, then dinner with school friend and husband. Way too many calories, drinks and no exercise. Tomorrow is a better day, here is hoping, I can get everything going on the diet scene. Thanks for all the info. Sharon
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote