View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 09:23 AM   #3
Jayde
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

The Healthy Kitchen by Andrew Weil and Rosie Daley Filled with information about organic foods, reading labels, vegetarian dishes, information on whole foods, and most importantly recipes to use these ingredients.
Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy by Walter Willett While I wouldn't say this book is about whole foods exclusively it is a wonderful book about making healthy nutritional choices. It is quite technical so if it is too much reading try his new book Eat, Drink, and Weigh Less. I don't think this book is as informative as his first and he does play into the "diet" hands a bit. But I guess that is what people want. I also know that it is a better option to read the second book than to read neither book.

Eating Well magazine For the most part the recipes in this magazine have only whole food ingredients. The magazine also has wonderful articles about nutrition, foods, and nutritional news. For example the June/ July 2006 has a great article about how a whole community in Finland transformed their lifestyle to become more healthy. The article also included information on how some Amercian communities are doing the same. Hopkins, Minnesota...Columbia, Missouri.... Upper Valley, Vermont/ New Hampshire
30 min of flex time: cardio or weight training or intensive functional exercise

I didn't lose weight. I burned up stored calories.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote