Old 01-31-2006, 06:38 AM   #1  

Default Sonoma web site - one week free trial

In the back of my Sonoma Diet book, there is an offer for a one week free trial of the online site. When I went to the site, there was no mention of this trial week. I sent them an email yesterday and they gave me a phone number for customer service so I am going to call them today.

Just wanted to know if anyone has been successful in getting this trial week.

Thanks.

Dianne
DiRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:14 AM   #2  
it's always something

I tried for the free trial as well, and also did not see a mention of it. I was charged the full $65 during signup.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:31 AM   #3  

Suzanne, do you think the website is worth the $65?
I am going to call them and will post their response after I do.

Dianne
Old 01-31-2006, 08:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/160

Height: 5'5

Default One week free trail.....Right?

Good Morning Everyone

I just started the Sonoma Diet Monday and I too checked into the 1 week free trail. I have learned by now that nothing is Free. I knew something was up when they wanted my credit card info. It did say after the 1 week free trail that it would cost $5.00 a week and that you would be charged quarterly. Thats $65.00 for 13 weeks and if you cancel before the 13 weeks are up, you still have to pay at least $25.00 for the first 5 weeks. That is the same as the South Beach Diet site. Please let me caution you, it may be a great site....but if you forget to cancel when the 13 weeks are up, you get charged again and the process starts all over. We have a great resource right hear with the 3 Fat Chicks. The very fact that they don't charge to be apart of this, tells me that they really want to help others. WE have everything we need here. We can exchange information with others on the diet and many of the other diets as well. I believe if you purchase the Sonoma Diet book, that it should be free or at least a lower rate. I guess to put it simply, unless you have some extra money to spend; its just not worth it. So I say lets just help each other and save our money for that new outfit we will soon deserve.

Have a Great Day!

Abby
abby1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I think these for-pay web sites are just another way to wring money out of people who are anxious to lose weight. I don't even know if the book's author is profiting from the site, or if it is just for the publisher to make more cash. However, I agree with the poster who said that we have a good resource right here. I have never paid to belong to a forum yet, and I don't plan to start.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:27 AM   #6  

Wow I don't think I will be using their website. That is steep prices. Shoot if I had to pay that, I would go to WW meetings for support, but secretly do this diet. I mean those prices are to high for online support and tools and you can get that right here as one of the ladies said for free..barb
wv_lady_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:16 AM   #7  

I called and spoke to a Sonoma Diet Customer Service rep...she said you must give them a credit card but you will not be billed for the first week...if you dont cancel by the end of the first week, they will bill you for $65.

I told her how cheated I felt because it did not say that in the book and that I was not a happy customer. I also told her that I was going to post this on the internet. She said that she would pass this info on...right, lol.

Anyway, I don't trust them with my credit card info. like you all say, we have each other and can share what works and what doesn't.

Dianne
Old 01-31-2006, 07:22 PM   #8  
it's always something

I was billed the second I signed up, even though I went to the address in the book. A lot of people on their forums said the same thing. And to be quite honest, I don't think I've gained much from joining their website. After all, when most people buy a diet book, they depend on the info in the book and take it from there. You shouldn't have to pay extra to learn how to use it.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:36 PM   #9  
Uber-Moderator!!

Okay you guys...

If they're charging your credit card right off the bat when it's supposed to be a 'free trial' time period - that is a BIG no no.

(besides the point that you probably aren't getting anything of extra value that you wouldn't get from the book or right here )

If ANYONE pulls this kind of bait and switch crap on you with your credit/debit card - CONTACT them right away and let them know if that charge is NOT off your account RIGHT AWAY you will contact your bank and file a CHARGEBACK for services not as described. I highly doubt that the website owners relish the thought of having to deal with chargebacks, because it's a PITA for them and if they get enough of them on their record it can end up costing them a lot of $$.

Personally, if there's some sort of Free Trial thingy and they ask me for my CC info, I'll just pass...
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:55 PM   #10  
Empress/Queen

When I first got the book I tried to do the free trial and they wanted a cc, at which point I said forget it (actually, I just said it in my head, but ...).

A free trial should be free. It should not cost you $65 to take advantage of a free trial ...
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:58 AM   #11  

I'm cancelling mine. Once my 5 weeks are up, which is next week. I pulled off all the recipes that I liked, so I have some extra until the cookbook comes out this year. That is really the only thing that I got out of their website, was some extra recipes.
DonnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:05 AM   #12  

I agree with Mrs.Jim. They cannot charge your credit card anything for the first week because they say that they will not...This is taken directly from their website below their request for credit card info:

"* Your credit card will not be charged during the free trial period. However, valid credit card information is required.

If you're not 100% satisfied, simply call customer service to cancel your subscription —no charge. If you choose to remain a member, your service will continue uninterrupted and you will be enrolled under our standard membership agreement.

The Sonoma Diet is just $5 a week, billed quarterly (every 13 weeks), with a five-week minimum commitment. Your credit card will be charged $65 at the beginning of each quarter. You may cancel at any time and receive a refund for the unused portion of your subscription, other than the 5-week minimum commitment of $25, which is non-refundable."

The Customer Service Rep also told me that they would not bill my card for the first week. This is fraud if they do it. If anyone was charged they should call them right away and complain like Mrs. Jim said.

Dianne
Old 02-01-2006, 12:27 PM   #13  
it's always something

I signed up either the first or second day they opened the website, so they may have just had some kinks to work out with the free trial. They had a LOT of problems getting started.