Old 08-02-2006, 12:39 AM   #16  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Ack, it is so awful to feel this way (feelin' the same way here), specially after doing so well. Haven't got any advice for you, just co-miserating and sharing 's
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:35 AM   #17  

Hey you're one of my heroes on here!

I'd suggest thinking that your 'can't' is really a 'won't'. You can, of course you can, but why dont you want to? If its that you want to treat yourself because you miss you family then do that, just in a different way. If its that you want to communicate how much you miss your family then do that, again just in a different way.

If it comes down to it and the only way to feel better is to have a pig out then do that just limit it to a weekend, for example.

Really what is the other choice? Chuck it all in and put the weight back on? I'm where you just came from and I'm sure where you are now is better. Wyllenns idea about having a break might be a good one.

My point of posting is really just to say 'hey we all care' and if any of my ideas help then I'm glad. x

Last edited by coley144; 08-02-2006 at 11:09 AM.
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey, be sure to keep posting. How could I do without you as an example. You think there are that many asthmatics who love to swim who have managed to get below 200 out there?

Sue
KristasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

I soooo understand and am feeling the same. I am encouraged by the wisdom of the posters on this board. I don't know the answers but will eagerly read the suggestions along with you.
Lynne
tchrnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #20  

Awwwwwwwww thanks guys, shucks!

I think you've hit the nail on the head Coley. I've kinda got to the stage where I don't want to do this as much as I did.

I think part of the missing Australia thing is I miss how I felt over there. I just completely relaxed for three weeks, and didn't really think about how I ate, drank or moved. I have certainly changed a lot and was pretty impressed that left to my own devices I didn't go back to my old lifestyle.

I'll get my act together though. I love my exercise, and I love my healthy foods. I just need to make some minor alterations and I'll be back on track. But not as hard on myself!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:04 PM   #21  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Kykaree, what you are feeling is normal. I had the same thoughts along my weight loss journey. I simply got tired of it. I was tired of worrying about the scale and about what I ate every single bite. Each time it happened, it took me a few days to get over these feelings. Trying to lose weight can become so all-encompassing for each of us. I would go to bed thinking about it and wake up feeling my stomach to see if I felt fatter. There were many times that I thought of just stopping short of my goal. I am thankful now that I plugged along, even at times that I didn't lose and my heart wasn't in it. I kept telling myself that if I quit now, that I will gain it all back. By all means, try to take a little break from the scale watching and try to relax and enjoy your accomplishment thus far, but don't give up. For me, learning that I couldn't and wouldn't quit totally, was the peace of mind that I needed. Good luck and know that many of us have been there and had those same feelings. It may not seem like it right now, but later you will realize that it was totally worth the effort.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:03 AM   #22  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Kylie,

I can totally relate to the homesickness. When I am here in the summer, I truly get some days where I dread going back. I wish with all my heart I could find the same kind of job and place here in the states but right now its not possible.

What do I do?? I try to refocus on other things. Go for long walks think about how much better my life is now than it used to be.

You are doing an awesome job and have accomplished so much. You inspire and motivate others with your positive attitude and encouragement. I believe these feelings you are having will pass with time but just go easy on yourself. Try to focus away from them. You are doing well and will continue to do well after you get over this hump.

DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote