Old 01-06-2006, 08:27 AM   #16  
One pound at a time...

Denise-Here are some going out to you that is good news from the doctor

Ivanna-I am sorry to hear about your great aunt. I know about the whole sabotage thing, as I get it from my mom from time to time. Stay strong, you can do this!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Denise--It's good to have you back with us. I hope all goes well.

Amy Jo--Sorry to hear about your great aunt. I don't really know what to tell you about your DH. Although Jeff wasn't very supportive of me in the beginning he never intentionally sabatoged me by bringing in unhealthy foods, encouraging eating out, stuff like that. Hopefully he'll get with the program and stop doing it.
If you need some help with photobucket send me a PM and maybe we can figure it out together.

I'm doing well. Still staying OP. The kids are growing. Lilly was in the 50th %ile for weight and 70th for height and William's was opposite. They are both getting ornery every day. This morning when I woke Lilly up she laid her head back down and told me she had to rest.
The job is going. I think they are just trying to get through all the little intricacies of changing everything over before they'll actually sit down and discuss the rest of the stuff.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:29 PM   #18  

Been a long time since anyone has updated on here. I have a couple of new things happening. We should be getting our new house in the next couple of weeks. Not sure when we'll be able to move into it yet. We're hoping the weekend of Williams birthday (2-3) because jeff has 3 days off in a row.

I was dressing Lilly yesterday morning and bent down to put on her shirt and pulled something in my back. I heard and felt this loud snap/pop noise and had the most intense pain I've ever felt. I couldn't move, walk nothing but cry. I managed to limp to the living room to call Mom who came and took me to the chiropractor. She then stayed with me until Jeff could get home to take care of the kiddos. It's not hurting near as bad today but it's still really sore.

I've stopped tracking my food in an effort to not obsess over it since I'm not really supposed to be "dieting" while PG and I'm still losing weight. I'm down 13.5 pounds from the beginning of the year and like 5 pounds since I found out I was PG. I finally told myself that as long as I'm eating healthy (which I'm now not since I'm not journalling) then baby and me are getting what we need.

That's about it in my neck of the woods. How are y'all doing?
Old 01-27-2006, 05:39 AM   #19  
Big Ol' loser

Default Just unloading- really you can skip it! :)

No wonder i couldn't find this thread! Thanks for bumping it up! I need to unload everyone can skim past this - must be time for counseling
Things are going decent for me. I posted somewhere else that ds2 was diagnosed with a cleft palate this week. It is just in the tissue part in the back, which after days of worry about surgery, I've read its not a HUGE issue-more like sewing tissue together and creating a palate. He has two hangy things in his throat and that made them realize thats what it was. Submuceus Cleft of palate is what its called- basically his palate is short/small and doesn't go back. It is exposing his adnoids and if they were gone it would go straight to his nasal cavity. He might have to have surgery and we have a consult next week. Sometimes they let it go and just do speech therapy.
The first two days I was weepy about it. Then I read up on it and feel better. So I told my parents and dh didn't want to tell his mom. I told him it was best if we told her now so we don't pop up next week saying he is getting surgery. At the same time an Aunt of my dh (she is 33 -same age as dh) found out she was pregnant after 6 years of trying- not just pregnant but 15 weeks pregnant and she had no idea!! We are all excited ! So so happy for her. Today she called and set up a get together for saturday, so we could all see her, Since we haven't seen her since she found out. Dh calls MIL to tell her about ds2 and she breezed past it into talking about the aunt being pregnant and the get together- didn't even stop to acknowledge any of it. Our point was to tell her privately so Aunt won't worry. It just frustrates me to no end. In laws huh? We are going to the get together and I'm gonna get the baby a cute little outfit, a month by month guide to pregnancy, and sparkling grape juice so she can have her own champagne toast.
I haven't felt like eating lately. I guess its a good thing. I have this amazing guilt that I need to deal with. With ds12 I had pregnancy issues and developed this huge bond with him, very protective. His dad is not around so I'm just overly sensitive to ds12. I guess to a fault because apparently he was challenging but I never noticed. With DS2 he's been so challenging and I really have been complaining about how much of a challenge he is-to everyone. And then this news- its amazing how much that mama bear will come out in you when you least expect it. So in any case its an emotional time I guess. Lots more of the holding and hugs and all the stuff I should have been doing more. Don't get me wrong I loved on him, but when the dr said surgery it took all I had to hold it together. I guess its similar to realizing how important life is when your diagnosed with a terminal illness. I just realized now just how precious he is to me and appreciate the stinkiest of diapers, the biggest fits, the terrible two moments and of course the sloppy wet kisses, the big hugs, his big smile and beautiful laugh. It bothers me that it took this to do it. So mama bear is out in full force and I do believe its a good thing

On a good note ds12 is starting the process for braces. I always wanted braces as a kid, my sister got them but I didn't! I admit now I didn't really need them ds12 NEEDS them he has teeth growing out all over the place! I'm just happy we are able to do it. I think he is too.

Eating better is still on my mind but not in the forefront. I'm eating less anyway just trying to make better choices of what I do eat. After next thursday when I have an idea whats going on I think I'll calm down.

I'm slowly getting back on track. I have to back up and follow points only for a week or so, it makes it easier plus after I start losing I then start putting in fruits and veges and stuff. Drinking water though

Thanks for listening...
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:41 AM   #20  

Grrrrr...I just had everything I wanted to say done and then hit send and it said I was not logged in. Lost it all.

Not writing all that again. Short version. I am sick with ammonia problems and I have a lame navy doc who says I do not even though there is blood work proving there is a problem. I'm sick of it. I go off the meds tomorrow to induce a spike. The spike will render me useless. Nausea, bad drunk feeling, can't walk straight, memory loss. The nausea is a killer.

Husband is very mentally ill right now and can't really help me emotionally. That's really hard. So, I'm going to have to do all this on my own the best I can with the help of my two wonderful neigbors. It's a lonely life I lead these days. Everything I crave and need my husband can not provide for me. *sigh*

I know this sounds downer, but I am trying to keep a positive attitude. I know that the induced spike is not going to last forever and I know that after I have the blood work done I can go back on meds. Just sucks.

Thanks for the ear Ya'll.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:18 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Unhappy

Just venting a bit today..

Earlier this week the cardiologists nurse called me and told me that I am anemic. They are kinda freaking out about it although by the way it sounds, it is not even that bad. She said that one of my numbers needed to be a 12 and it is 10.5 and the other needs to be a 34 and mine is 31. She told me what the numbers were called, but I can't remember what she said (I swear I am losing my mind more every day!). They had me test my stool for blood (they didn't find anything) and then they told me to take an iron pill twice a day. I asked her how many milligrams per pill and she said "It just says one pill twice a day" (ugh..) So i went and got a normal iron pill at the pharmacy but I am only taking one a day because the back says "do not exceed recommended dosage of one per day" She asked me about my menses because they thought that would cause the deficiency but honestly, they are so much better than before i lost weight. Before, I never knew when they would come.. could be 6 months or more but when it showed up, it was not pleasant, and it lasted for a week or more. Now I can predict them within a 4 day timespan and they last 3 days and are gone. You think that would be better for my iron count... Can losing weight cause an iron deficiency?

Then yesterday my mom had to take my little sister to the doc and she has strep throat! She calls me last night to tell me that she will be at my house at 7:15 a.m. Hubby got all mad because neither of us can afford to be sick. We can't afford for him to miss work or to even go to the doc to get the antibiotics we would need if we caught it from my sister. My mom went on the defensive saying "well, if you don't want her I can find somewhere else for her,.. I kept saying "no, no, it's fine.. it's fine" and she was like "i'll take her to work with me if Ihave to" which made me do a tdouble take because her assistant is pregnant with twins and she works around alot of elderly folks. Her father was supposed to come over and watch her but is nowhere tobe found (because there is something for him to do)

So, now she is here and I am hoping I or hubby do not get strep. I had it so bad once that I had to go to the emergency room!
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:07 AM   #22  

Liz: Goodness but you've got a lot going on. It sounds like the docs are on top of it all.

Tammy: I still think about you and pray for you. Just keep being strong and you can make it through this.

Heather: It sounds like your numbers weren't too off (although I have no clue what they were for either). Lots of people can become anemic and take Iron to boost. If your doc won't answer your questions, you might ask a pharmacist. I hope you get to feeling better.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:34 PM   #23  
Big Ol' loser

Tammy I am sorry you are so sick! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Anyway you can get a referral off base through champus?

Heather sorry about the iron. I get anemic sometimes. Might help to eat foods high in iron too. just to get the #'s up there ya know?
I can' imagine having to take care of a little sister. its not right your life is on 'hold' for that. she needs to realize that your life is your life. but I'm that type of person hope it looks up for you!

And dawnyal thank you for always being supportive. hope the story isn't too scary for you- if it helps it is hereditary.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:34 PM   #24  

Liz--It doesn't scare me. My son had to have tubes put in his ears almost a year ago (he'll be 2 next friday) and they went ahead and took out his adnoids so hopefully he won't have more problems in the future.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:41 PM   #25  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I have a lil bit of an update.

Turns out I'm getting married in June instead of October as I initially intended. I've let go of the reigns and stopped steering. My mother is now the captain of this ship. I figure, why not, I'm her only daughter, she never have a "wedding" (per se, although married), and the wedding itself is a smaller deal to me than it is to her as I just want to be married to my fiance. For the obvious reasons, yes...but also for the legal benefits. She's narrowing things down to two choices, and I have the final pick. That works for me. My parents are looking to give us money for a down payment on a house as a wedding gift! What a wonderful and unexpected gift as the wedding is going to be such a big to-do. Not sure what the in-laws are giving us, if anything. Speaking of which, we are visiting his parents next weekend (not looking forward to it). His family definitely does not treat me like my family treats him. But I go and I smile through it for him. It's hard to tell him about it because of course he believes that his family can do absolutely no wrong. Here's hoping that they eventually realize that yes, I'm fat (I think that's part of the issue) but he loves me and we are getting married. Oh well, that's their problem.

Sorry for the length, but hey...it's yada yada yada!
Best wishes to you all!
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #26  
Big Ol' loser

Well that is awesome scarlett! It sounds like your plans are great and if you are easy going about it why not let her do it
My mom is the type that does more if you let her do it anyway.
Congrats on the future house. You two will have a wonderful start thats for sure!!

Dawnyal- My oldest had tubes also - his were at 18 mos and the youngest had them in Jan 05 I guess thats 18 mos also
I just know being pregnant and hearing about these things can disturb some people
Old 01-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #27  

Shannon--that is so great. What day in June? I got married on June 21 and my b-day is the 20th . I too had let my mom plan my wedding. I just picked out the color and theme. We picked out the arena behind the house for a location. It was so easier and less stressful on me. My ILs are total opposites of my family but at least hubby recognizes it.

Liz--Not much bugs me. Just hoping this one sticks and I don't miscarry like last time. I'm trying to be patient while awaiting my first appt. on Feb. 15.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:57 PM   #28  
Downsizing Dee!

Wow - everyone certainly has lots going on: babies, surgeries, weddings, children! My life seems so boring in comparison.

I've been trying to really get back into the swing of things since Christmas. I'm a bridesmaid on a cruise wedding in April and I really want to be closer to my goal by then. The bride ordered my dress a size smaller than I wear right now so I'm hoping I'm not going to be one of those people who never loses the weight to get into the clothes they bought for a wedding. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Has anyone else ever had gallstones? I went to the doctor last week and she suspects that's what the problem is. I've read up on the symptoms and everything seems to fit. But you know that one set of symptoms could fit handfuls of problems. I have to have an ultrasound next week to see if that's what it really is. I'm kind of hoping it is gallstones - it's a nice, simple thing to fix.

Next week I'm meeting someone I met here at 100lb. Club for lunch (ChocLabLover - aka Carol). I'm looking forward to it. It's really nice to be able to put faces with names. Even though a lot of people have their pics as their avatars - a face to face is different.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #29  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Yeah, my mom is completely gung ho so I figured why not let her run it? The wedding is June 10th. I'm so excited.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #30  

Oh my gosh...Get that gallbladder gone before it starts to give you a heap of troubles. Gallbladder attacks, for me, were comparible to child birth. And, I gave birth naturally two times!! The doc will be able to tell if if it is gallstones on the ultrasound. That is how they found mine. Just be aggressive if you do find out that is what is going on.

And not to be preachy. I don't think alot of people realize that when they have their gallbladder removed it is very very important to watch fat intakes. You can literally damage your liver in no time flat once the gallbladder is gone. Without the gallbladder the liver does a good deal of work to break down fats. Oh, and bowel movements are never the same again.

It's good to know that your doc is taking care of the diagnosis in a timely manner. Take care
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote