10 Things you want to do/accomplish in your lifetime...
Well thought I would start a thread, based on a list I saw a friend referring to at work the other day.. They had made a list of 100 things they wanted to do/accomplish before they die... And, I thought I would bring that to the boards.. Could make an interesting thread and get us all thinking...
Here's mine: (in no particular order)
#1 - Wear a bikini
#2 - Travel as much as possible and indulge in other cultures ( I still havent been outside of Canada)
#3 - Try skiing... I live right by the mountains and have never been on skis.
#4 -Finish my degree (Bachelor of Management - Marketing Major)
#5 - Ride a motorcycle through the country side.
#6 - Have a picnic in the middle of nowhere with my sweetie
#7 - Go to DisneyLand - probably when I have kids..
#8 - Speak/Present to a group larger than 1000 people..
#9 - Do something, anything that is totally unpredictable and not like me (step outside the box)
#10 - Be able to sit outside on my porch when I'm 80 years old and look back on life with no regrets, only cherished memories that will bring a smile to my face and a good laugh..
#1 - Sing on stage in front of a large crowd
#2 - Become fluent in Spanish (already fluent in French)
#3 - Own a motorcycle
#4 - Live someplace warm in the winters (I don't think I could give up the summers here though)
#5 - Go to Louisiana - I want to see the Bayou and go to Mardi Gras (looks fun lol)
#6 - Wear a backless shirt with hiphugger pants
#7 - Learn how to bellydance
#8 - Learn to ride a horse (I am scared of horses)
#9 - Learn to do a cartwheel
#10 - Public speak to a large group of people (I only recently got over my fear and have been doing small presentations at work, but I'd like to attempt a large crowd)
Celina - I love skiing, I would totally go with you this winter if you want to try skiing. It's been a few years for me, so I'm not sure how good I'd be, but it's a ton of fun.
I don't know how much of my list is really left! I have been blessed to have been able to accomplish a lot of my goals, like living overseas, being in a college marching band, and getting my degree. I'm also not one to sit on the sidelines and wait until I'm thinner. (Although I don't generally wear a bathing suit, but mainly because I can't swim anyway. )
Still, there are a few things I'd like to do before I die:
- learn to figure skate reasonably well (although I need to have an ice rink closer than 140 miles away to accomplish that one!)
- go to a Green Bay Packers game
- learn to ride a motorcycle (I can ride now, as long as I don't have to shift out of 1st gear! )
- see John Mellencamp live
get out of the 230s by July 23rd: Met 7/23/2009
52 lbs. in 52 weeks (12/31/2009): Met 10/29/2009
180 (driver's license weight):
170.8 (100 lbs. lost):
160 (10 lbs to go!):
150 (final goal):
1. Wear a bathing suit without a t-shirt and be reasonably comfortable doing so.
2. Get my son through High school!!
3. Renew my wedding vows with the works as opposed to the JP.
4. Go back to Europe. I lived in Germany for three years, and I miss it.
5. Finish my degree. I have less than a year left.
6. Win the lottery..heh
7. Be the best wife ever!! I have fallen in love with my husband all over again since he was deployed to Japan.
8. Ditto that Cartwheel Raelynn. I could never do one as a kids. I'd love to be able to do one.
9. Be able to sit at my dad's grave without feeling guilty for everything I did not get to tell him before he passed away.
10. Rid myself of the demons that eat away at me everyday so that the people I love don't have to endure the "fake" me. The person that hides all her pain thus, making her not real.
Well, there you go. I know, the last one is kind of deep.
If you learn from your suffering, and really come to understand the lesson you were taught, you might be able to help someone else who's now in the phase you may have just completed. Maybe that's what it's all about after all...
~ Anonymous ~
Highest weight: 261
Starting weight: 248 August 26
Current weight: 193
Current pounds lost: 55 lbs
Goal weight: 145 by August 26, 2006
Smoke Free as of July 1, 2004 (Started back smoking)
Hmmm...I don't think I've ever made a list like this, so this might be fun. Let's see if I can think of 10 things:
1 - Reach my goal weight (hopefully within 1.5 years)!
2 - Live overseas again (I lived in the Netherlands already for one year) - although I'm planning on going overseas in November to work, so I'll accomplish this one soon (this has pretty much been my only goal for the last couple years while I've been doing my master's)
3 - Work or travel on ship or sail boat for a period of time
4 - take dancing lessons
5 - get my pilot's license!
6 - be able to run at least a 5K
7 - travel, travel, travel (I have to leave this general because basically I want to travel everywhere and I can't just pick a couple locations)
8 - figure out what I want to do with my life before I retire
I can think of some, but never really thought about it that much before. Don't know if I ever will do some of them, but it is fun to dream. At first I thought I couldn't think of any but some of the ones you all mentioned reminded me of things I had thought about from time to time. Some of these are things that I would like to see happen, but are not something I can do myself.
1. I think it would be fun to learn to tap dance.
2. I would like to learn to play the drums.
3. I wish to see my son and husband get along and talk to each other.
4. I wish to see each of my kids have a happy life.
That is it for now ~ I will have to add to it as things come to mind.
5. The Bible is really confusing to me, so it takes a long time for me to read
it. Anyway I hope to get through it at least once before I die.
6. I want to have all my photos into photo albums.
7. I want to get the closets and attic cleaned out ~ go through the stuff ~
give away unneeded stuff, throw out stuff and organize the rest of it.
Three more to go. ??????
Oh, oh, oh...
8. Get this weight off and keep it off. (I haven't been successful at this in
the past, so have a hard time to believe in myself that I can do it.)
1. Be healthy and happy, the sooner the better
2. Parachute tandem first, then solo.
3. Like several others build my dream home.
4. Backpack across Europe
5. Not have to worry about bills (or at least not be living from paycheck to paycheck)
6. Water ski (already can snow ski but haven't been since high school)
7. Horseback ride and team rope
8. have a fully stocked dark room (Yes even with the advent of digital I still like the 35 mm or even larger formats)
9. Direct movies
10. this one I accomplished over 2 years ago (stop sucking my thumb)
O.k., I don't know if I can come up with 10, but here are the things I want to accomplish before I die.
1. Achieve financial security
2. Take an Alaskan cruise
3. Learn to Swing Dance
4. Learn Sign Language
5. Find something I truly love to do and be able to make a living at it.
6. Raise my daughter to be a strong, independent and compassionate young woman without screwing her up too bad!
7. Own my dream home and car.
8. Have my eyes fixed someday; I hate glasses.
9. Be content in love and happiness.
10. Maintain my weight, FOR GOOD, and never go back!
Wow, I came up with 10! Now I actually have to make these things happen!
New goal: staying binge free and losing those last few again, but for the last time!!
"Never trade what you want at the moment for what you want the most." -unknown
"Your power is in your ability to decide." -fortune cookie
"Hope; after a storm birds always sing." -unknown
I use to lurk and occasionally post but have been gone for awhile. This post is really interesting so I decided to jump back into the fun.
My ten things to do before I die:
1) Cruise to Alaska
2) Visit Hawaii
3) See my three boys happy and settled in their adult lives
4) Enter one of my quilts in a national show
5) Lose this weight to a point where my lab work is normal and I am off medication for my blood pressure
6) Move to the Oregon coast
7) Become financially stable enough to not "have" to work
8) Take my family to the area in eastern Canada where I vactioned as a kid and where my ancestors settled when immigrating from Scotland
9) Enjoy walking into any store I want and buy clothes off the rack
10 ) Run a marathon
That was harder to do than I thought but fun. It's a good thing to see those goals, dreams or what ever you want to call them in print.
Sally, be careful what you wish for. My sister has a place at the Oregon coast (weekend and vacation place) and said that she loves the spring, summer and fall, but the winter is horrible. And we're native Pacific Northwesterners so we're used to rain and gloom. You might want to say, "Move to the Oregon coast, but spend my winters in Hawaii."
Since one of my goals is to make baby quilts for grandchildren (and I only have one grandchild right now) and it appears you are a quilter, can you recommend a good beginners book? I'd love to see photos of some of your quilts, if you'd care to post them. I was at a quilt museum a couple of weekends ago. It was wonderful. They had a great exhibit of work by a guy who does crosstitch (took it up when he was on long cruises in the Navy) and his wife does quilting and so they melded the two into some really wonderful work.