Old 10-18-2017, 11:14 AM   #61  
Gizmo

Thumbs up

howdytx I heard about those bottles that remind you to drink, but my husband got me a bottle with a Brita water filter and that's the only way I found I could drink water other than bottled water. And I hear you on how tough it is to get 10K steps in. I just walked for a bit more than an hour and only reached 7.6K steps.

opheliapheonix great for you on reaching that 10K steps yesterday and nice that you found a healthy alternative to curb your cravings for mexican food.

facingfacts12 no one ever called me an exercise hero, thank you. I don't talk much about my weight loss plan with my coworkers to be honest.

It's such a gorgeous morning that I went out walking with the goal of reaching 5K, and ended up walking 5.3K. I figure I should walk as often as possible while the weather is still clement, because I know I won't walk much when snow comes.

Have a great day everyone!

01: 37 minutes cardio/lower body workout
02: 37 minutes cardio/upper body workout
03: 3.3km walk
04: no exercise
05: 22 minutes cardio toning + 20 minutes upper body workout
06: 3.3km walk
07: 30 minutes cardio toning
08: no exercise
09: 28 minutes upper body workout
10: 3.9km walk
11: 30 minutes HIIT lower body workout
12: no exercise
13: no exercise
14: 3.4km walk
15: 38 minutes upper body workout
16: 3.9km walk
17: no exercise
18: 5.3km walk
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:25 PM   #62  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Thanks for starting this thread, Rennie! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 217.8 CW: 220 (+ 2.2) GW: 212

1. 217.8
2. No Weigh In.
3. No Weigh In.
4. No Weigh In.
5. No Weigh In.
6. No Weigh In.
7. No Weigh In.
8. No Weigh In.
9. No Weigh In.
10. No Weigh In.
11. No Weigh In.
12. No Weigh In.
13. No Weigh In.
14. 219.8 (+ 2)
15. No Weigh In.
16. No Weigh In.
17. 217.2 (- .6)
18. No Weigh In.
19. No Weigh In.
20. No Weigh In.
21. 220.8 (+ 3)
22. No Weigh In.
23. No Weigh In.
24. 220.6 (+ 2.8)
25. No Weigh In.
26. No Weigh In.
27. No Weigh In.
28. No Weigh In.
29. 220 (+ 2.2)
30. No Weigh In.
31. No Weigh In.

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: + 2.2 LBS.

Last edited by VickieLou; 11-01-2017 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Add Information and Weigh In.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. My check in today will be brief as I'm about to head out the door to help set up for our annual scholarship tea. We have an endowed scholarship for students 25 or older or single parents, and through it we're able to offer ten $5,000 awards. Last year another organization offered $50,000 worth of scholarships that they want awarded to qualified students this year as well. In total we'll be awarding $100,000 in scholarships to some of our most academically and financially worthy students. We're hoping that the second organization will want to provide an endowed scholarship in the future. This year it's a trial run.

I'll drop by tomorrow with an update and for personals.

Have a great evening!

P.S. , Cute Ghost
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #64  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy what amazing work you guys do to help students pursue their goals. I know how much a bursary can make a huge difference in someone's life. An employee at our store won a 1000$ bursary from our company 2 years ago and she's performing really well in her studies, to the point that now, she's working hard to qualify to study in Japan for one semester.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:21 PM   #65  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone! Saw another little gain on Monday, just like last week. I am mentally brushing it off while pouting and working to lose it before the weekend. Traveling to North Dakota to host a baby shower for my dear friend Friday to Monday, so my weigh in next week will be late. Keeping my fingers crossed I can maintain while out of town. Keeping my toes crossed there's not a repeat of a few weeks ago. Two more days to the weekend!
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #66  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

facingfacts: I have had that same thought myself! If this is how sensitive our bodies can be to small amounts of extra calories, it's amazing we didn't gain so much more before paying attention to what we were eating...lol.

Martine: Definitely take advantage of that nice weather! I've never been focused on my weight when we've lived places where we had snow, but I imagine it makes it so much harder to make the decision to go out in it to workout. I didn't even like having to just go to work in it, lol. I know the frigid temperatures alone have been enough to make me hesitate or put walks off, even without actual snow on the ground...haha.

curvynotlumpy: I hope your scholarship tea went well! That is awesome that your institution was able to provide that money to those in need. I hope that the second organization continues to supplement your awards in the upcoming years.

gulfmagnolia: Hoping you see some movement before the weekend comes and that you have a good time in ND with your friend's baby shower! I'll keep my fingers crossed too that you're able to lose or at least maintain over the weekend away.

----------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 238.2 both yesterday and today. I was hoping to see a bit of a drop, because I was super on-plan with my food yesterday, but I was - yet again - low on water, so I really need to focus on that today and see if I get some movement. Did another evening walk last night and managed to get in a happy medium of 4 miles. Also almost stepped on a snake while out on a back road! (Thankfully, it was not a rattlesnake...I think it was a gopher snake. Still gave me a good jump before I realized, though. Haha.) I need to make sure I pay attention now that I am walking at dusk in Arizona...it's a lot different than when we were in Georgia, lol.

Week Three
15: 241.0
16: 239.6
17: 240.6
18: 238.2
19: 238.2
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 241.0
Total Loss for Week Three:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 10-19-2017 at 05:26 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:11 PM   #67  
Gizmo

gulfmagnolia sounds like a great weekend ahead. Any activities planned during the baby shower? An employee's daughter had her first child this year and she asked for my help in translating a poem from English to French, to invite people to give a book to read to the baby with a dedication inside the cover, instead of just a card or other toys. I thought that was such a sweet idea.

opheliapheonix I don't mind the cold but I can't stand the snow. Actually it's more the ice that forms under said snow on the sidewalks that prevents me from walking during the Winter. I can't believe you ran into a snake! That would've sent me running fast the other way. Good job on getting another walk in.

This was such a productive/unproductive day. I woke up at 3am and could not get back to sleep, so I went to the living room and sat on the couch in the dark trying to fall back asleep. I started dozing off a bit when my husband and Loki got up and joined me, but by then it was time to start the day. Ran a couple of errands, spend part of the morning finishing up the party invites for our work Christmas party and did some laundry, but after that, NOTHING. And I could not even fall asleep to take a nap. I almost talked myself out of exercising, I was so tired and didn't feel like walking in strong winds. But by 5pm I got up and did a HIIT workout, because it has to be done. More and more I'm realizing that this is how my life has to be if I ever hope to reach a healthy weight.

Have a great evening everyone!

01: 37 minutes cardio/lower body workout
02: 37 minutes cardio/upper body workout
03: 3.3km walk
04: no exercise
05: 22 minutes cardio toning + 20 minutes upper body workout
06: 3.3km walk
07: 30 minutes cardio toning
08: no exercise
09: 28 minutes upper body workout
10: 3.9km walk
11: 30 minutes HIIT lower body workout
12: no exercise
13: no exercise
14: 3.4km walk
15: 38 minutes upper body workout
16: 3.9km walk
17: no exercise
18: 5.3km walk
19: 37 minute HIIT/total body toning workout
Old 10-20-2017, 05:31 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 236/230,2/170

Hello everyone and thank you for the warm welcome

The last days were very stressfull so i was not dieting as much. However i was able to mantain my weight wich is a huge improvement compared my usual behavoir when under pressure. So now i am going to get my diet back on track and hopefully get some results next week.

facingfacts12 What would you like to know?
Martine You are a huge inspiration, working out on a regular basis takes a lot of motivation and is difficult.

Wish you all a wonderfull day and good luck

Last edited by Cute Ghost; 10-20-2017 at 05:49 AM.
Cute Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #69  
|| Casey ||

Just a quick check-in this afternoon! Today is my and my husband's 10 year anniversary, so I'm just dropping in really quickly (will do personals tomorrow) and I know I will be off-plan today -- an indulgent dinner and no walk. I figured today constitutes a good enough reason for a cheat day, lol. However, I've tried to prepare a bit so I don't have another huge gain...I ate a lot less than usual yesterday (only a little over a thousand calories) to help balance out the higher amount of calories I know I'll be consuming today. And, I made sure to at least get in 4 miles on my walk last night, as well. So, I know today's drop down to 236.6 is only temporary, but I'm hoping tomorrow's weigh-in will remain lower than yesterday's so I can still try to have a decent "final weigh-in" for the week as a whole. We will see!

Week Three
20: 236.6
21:
Total Loss for Week Three:

Old 10-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #70  

and good evening!

Friday, finally Friday! I look forward to the weekend like most, but this weekend particularly so. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary but it comes after a long month of programming and events that occur in the fall. I am exhausted

The scholarship tea went beautifully and we had 11 of the 22 recipients attend. It's difficult to get every awardee to attend due to class commitments, work, etc. but if we do host it on a weekend we lose a lot of staff and students who have family or other commitments. So very proud of our students!

gulfmagnolia: Good luck with the shower! We had two work baby showers for colleagues on Monday and Friday. They are due at nearly the same time and will be off on maternity leave shortly. I have a third colleague who is pregnant and due in the early spring I believe. Lots and lots of

Happy anniversary, opheliaphoenix! A celebration is certainly in order and off-plan eating should be expected. snake! I'm so glad it didn't harm you or was dangerous. Yes, be careful!

Cute Ghost: I completely understand about stress interfering with diet. I'm convinced if I could get my stress and sleep under control my food and exercise would fall into place.

Martine: I'm with you; love the snow but hate the ice! It's near the top of my list of things I don't miss about my home state of Nebraska.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:26 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
I almost talked myself out of exercising, I was so tired and didn't feel like walking in strong winds. But by 5pm I got up and did a HIIT workout, because it has to be done. More and more I'm realizing that this is how my life has to be if I ever hope to reach a healthy weight.

^^^^THIS is the realization that I have not fully given myself over to. Thank you, Martine, for reminding me that sacrifices will have to be made.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:38 PM   #72  

Good morning

I hope everyone's Saturday is off to a great start. It's a sunny, crisp fall day here and which makes enjoying the smells and sounds (think crunching leaves) that much more fun. Our town is having a free shred day so a friend and I went there to drop off a couple of bags and boxes. It's nice to leave the shredding to the professionals and does wonders for clearing out clutter. After that I made a quick trip to our local farmer's market where I picked up a variety of apples. I'm making an apple spice cake with brown sugar cream cheese frosting for a dinner I'm going to on Monday evening. New recipe but it looks and sounds . I'll let you know.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
Old 10-21-2017, 04:31 PM   #73  
|| Casey ||

curvynotlumpy: Glad you're finally getting a break after this busy month! I hope you're able to get some well-deserved rest and relaxation this weekend. Also, that apple spice cake sounds delicious...can't wait to hear how it turns out!

Martine: I agree with Curvy! It is a good reminder that this is all a lifestyle change as a whole and not just another diet. You're doing great to keep that in mind...it's so hard to do when we are exhausted, but life must go on. Keep it up!

----------------------------------------

Weigh-in was - somehow - still down at 236.2 today! So, that was a nice surprise. : I had a higher protein breakfast yesterday so that I could skip lunch, because I knew we'd be having dinner a little earlier in the evening, but - even with the bread, pasta, and even having some frozen custard as a special treat a couple hours after dinner - I didn't have a gain. The body is so weird sometimes, lol. I'm not complaining, though! That makes for 4.8 lbs lost for Week Three, but it's technically only 1.8 lbs down in the last 10 days, because of my binging gain last week. But, it's still a move in the right direction, so I am happy.

Week Three
20: 236.6
21: 236.2
Total Loss for Week Three: 4.8 lbs.

Old 10-21-2017, 05:33 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

Hello dear ladies! I've finally dropped to 245.5 after practically hitting my head against the wall. Yes calories overall do matter, when I eat dinner matters, how much sleep I get matters, how much water I drink matters... and exercise probably really matters as well, but going with baby steps.

opheliaphoenix happy anniversary!! So glad your scale stayed nice and steady. I think so much goes into what number shows up on a scale on any given day. I weigh in every day, and I do that to keep myself in check and honest, but overall I try to just look at my overall pattern and trend. I was certainly frustrated the last week or so when it seemed that this scale wouldn't BUDGE! That's a great loss you have for 1 week - you are definitely moving the right way!

curvynotlumpy, recepie sounds yummilicious! I'll dream of eating it, even though I can't!

Cute Ghost, welcome back again! Just tell us about how you got to where you are weight wise, what made you decide to start losing, what you are doing to lose and so on And sorry its been stressful for you. Stress is my middle name - which is why I ALWAYS had my weight management and health overall in last place. I just didn't have the mental energy and capacity to even think of it. In the evening I wanted to plop down and reward myself with whatever sinful carb-loaded anything that was available and then keep snacking and snacking some more without realizing. Right now I'm realizing... well, stress is part of my life and not going away. I have to figure out how to work with it cause the planets will never align.

Martine, some days are "waste" days like that. Still sounds like you did a lot And your exercise continues impressing me!
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:47 PM   #75  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Hello all!

Sorry no time for personals today, I'm back in crisis mode. Just found out there was a secret meeting w/boss's boss and our store hours (like actual hours we are open) are being cut at work....this means I won't have health benefits after Jan 1st, (plus salary being cut, no vacation, etc.) which would be okay if I could rely on the SO for benefits on his health plan (which assumes I continue to lose weight/get healthy ASAP because of his stupid ultimatum) or I can step up and become store manager and all the insane stress/responsibility & extra work that goes along with that (which I super don't want to do) & keep my benefits.

And since this is secret and I'm not supposed to know about the hours being cut til the uber boss tells me in November (& the only reason I know is because our current store manager was like, this is F'ed up I can't believe they are doing this and not telling you right away), I can't talk about it with anyone. And of course, they want us to submit all our vacation requests for entire 2018 year by December so....that's kinda jerk-y of them if they are suddenly taking away the vacation they approve, but clearly they don't care about being jerks. I believe the phrasing she said the uber boss used was, "I just wanted to tell you guys as soon as possible so you don't go out and buy a bunch of expensive Christmas presents." Seriously, WTF? So much for 2017 stress finally ending. *end rant*

Last edited by howdytx; 10-21-2017 at 10:49 PM.
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote