Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 10:02 AM   #121  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone! I had a great day on my thesis yesterday and I made it to the gym afterwards! Feeling very ic, ahahahah, I'm ridiculously proud of that 24 hours. I also got up past 20 posts so now I get my little signature ticker.

Vixsin, glad to hear you're feeling better! I think everyone has setbacks... it took me 5 weeks to get down to only 1 sweet but I did it and I feel a lot better managing my cravings now, too. The key bit is just to convince yourself to keep going, you know?

Nichelle, the bottles trick really works! I do have to pee all the time though *g* Congrats on your great day, that's super impressive!

Hey, honestly, curvynotlumpy, decorating cookies sounds pretty fun to me!! I'd probably turn up too.

Congrats opheliaphoenix on the loss!

Since now a few people have mentioned/asked about it, I will wholeheartedly recommend Blue Apron. I usually keep it set so I only get a box or two per month because they are a bit expensive... I get the two-meal, 4-person boxes, cook it all on the weekends, and then package it up so I have stuff to eat during the week. I like to cook, though, and I'm a pretty competent cook, so I do modify the recipes a bit sometimes to more suit my taste (things like, I hate white rice, so I'll swap it out for brown and give the BA white rice packets to my parents, since my mom also hates white rice but my dad won't eat anything else *g*). On my no-box weeks I have a set of go-to recipes—several of them BA recipes I've got in the past—that I do the same thing with, but buying my own ingredients. Here, at least, BA isn't really all that much more expensive than buying the same ingredients at the store, especially since you usually have to buy more of the vegetables than you get in the box and I can't always use that up (like—chives, why do chives come in those huge packets, how many chives does one need???), but I live in LA and the cost of living here is really high. I think if I still lived in Chicago, I could totally get the meat, for sure, at least, for cheaper off BA, but depending on the time of year the veggies might offset that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Vivvian; 02-15-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:19 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Morning all for beautiful rainy British Columbia lol. It's just raining buckets here this morning so I've decided not to walk to work (35/40minute walk from my place) hoping it'll calm down a bit after work!! If not I'll go on the treadmill.
I'm not sure what Blue apron is? At 1st I thought it was an actual blue apron lol. Kinda like Jenny Craig? Maybe we just don't have it in Canada...

vixsin you can do it! Happy your feeling better!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 02-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #123  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

So yesterday I burned 1,121 calories doing an hours walking and an hours gym workout. So when I stood on the sales this morning I was only .1 up instead of 1.5 so that was a very nice treat! Problem is..... I need to stop gaining or I will always be playing catch up. So today I went for an hours walk (just shy of an hour), the dog turned around at one point and start walking back along the beach so apparently she had enough and wanted to go home .

Tonight is not a gym night, I will possibly do some foam rolling because my quads are so tight and sore. Then I will watch a little TV . Tomorrow instead of the walk during the day I will go for a 20-30min swim which the dog will be pleased about then have my gym workout at night.

Vivvian Aww Thank you . Btw, You drink 3-4 litres per day? I would be peeing every 20 mins all day . That some super power!

Nichelle I actually only do weights in the gym. I used to do a 15min treadmill warm up first, but I haven't been able to get back into doing it since having the cold, cardio really messes with me when I can't breathe. I spend 15 mins with my mum doing some strength resistance machines and helping her work on toning, then she goes off and does cardio, while I go off and do weights. 3x a day I do full body workouts, so I do barbell squats, barbell push press, and bench presses. Then I get some dumbells and do lateral raises which im rubbish at. Then I jump on the cable cross stand and do cable cross overs. Then there are verious machines I jump on.... Lateral pull down, leg extention, leg curl, seated row, and the hip abductor/aductor. At the end I pick a barbell and do some skull crushers to work on my bingo wings . The whole workout is about 1 hour-1.10.

howdytx Aww thank you . If I didn't currently live with my mum, she would never of lost any weight. Now she is 30lbs down. People comment about my being 28 and living with my mum but after moving back in.... she wont want me to go she loves being active now.

opheliaphoenix Well done on the weight loss! And thank you it has always been confusing as to losing weight, but it just all made sense to me in January last year when I started. I knew that I had to start listening to my body and finding out what was best for me. Now a year on... things still have to be tweaked, I am working out a lot more than usual and I need to up my fuel to keep me going. Jealous of me here in Scotland It rains 90% of the year Im not sure how they managed to film Outlander with all those sunny days..... misleading

Curvy Aww thank you that is great to keep in mind. Even as a born and bred Scot, I still haven't travelled extensively around my own country Travelled around Europe, the States but not my own home. So this summer me and my mum are going to drive the North Coast 500. Which is a 500 mile loop around the highland at the top of Scotland. Will only take a week, but by then I should of visited about 70% of my country
Old 02-15-2017, 05:14 PM   #124  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

curvynotlumpy: Do you think you finally found the right candidate, or does the search continue? Hopefully you aren't feeling as bloated today!

Nichelle: The bathroom breaks are definitely a constant battle, lol. Also, AWESOME job on the steps...I got in about 14.5k and was proud of that, but 20k is amazing! Haha.

Vixsin: Glad you are finally feeling better! It will make it all the easier to get back on track if you are feeling well again. And, I believe in you, too...you have already been that healthy girl, so you KNOW now without a shadow of a doubt that you can do it again.

Vivvian: Thank you! And, I am proud of you too for knocking out that work on your thesis AND getting to the gym...great job! Also, thank you for further input on the Blue Apron topic.

Scotsgal: Wow, you are killing those workouts! Also, I still need to watch that show...I usually only watch TV when my husband is wanting to watch a series, so I'll see if he'd be up to watch that one next. If he's not interested, I may just watch it on my own time.

Today's weigh-in was 264.6, which I did not expect! I'm just happy that TOM is being nice to me this month. Knocking on wood so I don't jinx myself, lol. Didn't do as well as I wanted to with water yet again - only getting 14 servings - so, I will continue to work on that today. Also hoping that the rain from this morning stays away now that it has cleared up and the sun is back out, so that I can get my nightly walk in as well.

Week Three
15: 264.6 (TOM)
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 265.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

Old 02-15-2017, 07:10 PM   #125  
Gizmo

Hi everyone Just a quick check-in for now, I am exhausted (mentally and physically) and need to rest. I see a lot of success stories this week, keep it up everyone!

01: 250.0
02: 251.2
03: 248.6
04: 248.2
05: 249.2
06: 251.2
07: 249.2
08: 249.2
09: 248.8
10: 250.2
11: 248.8
12: 249.2
13: 250.2
14: 250.2
15: 248.8
Old 02-15-2017, 08:31 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good evening

Not a lot of time for check-ins but I hope everyone had a good day. Mine was long, but fine.

Martine: I'm with you. Not only am I exhausted, but I'm also kind of cranky today! I feel like a big and I don't know why? Get some rest dear friend.

opheliaphoenix: We're interviewing three candidates altogether, but one hasn't confirmed her Friday interview and this after we rescheduled due to her being ill. I'm skeptical that this person really wants to interview or the job.

Scotsgal: I haven't really explored my country as well. Have a great workout at the gym. I could do some foam rolling myself. My left knee is still tight three days after the 5K.

Nichelle: The is supposed to return to our area as well overnight and for the next 4-5 days. Stay dry!

Vivvian: The cookie making was a lot of fun! We were a bit doubtful when we planned it because these are transfer students--roughly between the ages of 21-30 so we didn't know how it would go over. They loved it!

Okay, I'm out for the evening! Take good care.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:53 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Hi all,
Had a great day. Saw a couple of friends. My first time at the home of one of them. Then I stopped at Sprouts on the way home and bumped into her husb. These are buddies I chant with, so lots to talk about. It all kept me away from the kitchen, and I mean to get to sleep by 11:30PM.

Vivvian - I thought about doing meals for 4 as well, good idea.
Scotsgal - interesting to have someone on here from Scotland. And yes, I didn't see my own charming village until we had been in this town for years.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:48 AM   #128  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

let me do this before i get distracted and delete another long post...

2/4 - 226.4
2/12 - 225.6

I started walking from Bag End to Rivendell on 5 February, 2017
Day 1: 2.2. miles walked, 2.2 miles total – leaving Hobbiton and following the hedgerows south…
Day 2: 5.9 miles walked, 8.1 miles total – entering the Green Hill Country of The Shire
Day 3: 3.5 miles walked, 11.6 miles total – near the birch grove where Frodo and Sam had a frugal supper on their first night of walking
Day 4: 3.4 miles walked, 15 miles total – started down Stock Road
Day 5: 2.2 miles walked, 17.2 miles total – still in the shire. The Hobbits walked 18 miles their first day. I am such a slacker…
Day 6: 1.2 miles walked, 18.4 miles total – broke camp and started on second day (dealt with broken down truck)
Day 7: 1.9 miles walked, 20.3 miles total – note to self, take fitbit with you after you charge it…. (also, worked on truck)
Day 8: 3.2 miles walked, 23.5 miles total – still walking the rolling hills of The Shire
Day 9: 3.1 miles walked, 26.6 miles total – more rolling hills
Day 10: 4 miles walked, 30.6 miles total – near Woody End
Day 11: 2.5 miles walked, 33.1 miles total – Black Rider!!!
Old 02-16-2017, 02:59 AM   #129  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

This is a question for everyone: Where do you find the time for exercise (any exercise, even just a walk around the block)?

My job involves a fair bit of walking and I heat with wood so I do 10 minutes of heavy lifting every day in the winter. So there's some exercise. But on the nights I work I'm hard pressed to even walk out to the mailbox (maybe 1/8 mile) the next day. But you guys work and still go to the gym or run a 5k....

I need motivation, energy, and time.... never enough of any of those things...
Old 02-16-2017, 06:38 AM   #130  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hey all!

Got back from my trip showing a loss so I'm happy with that.

Week three begins!

15: NWI
16: 281
17: 280.2
18: 279.4
19: 279.2
20: 278
21: 277.6
End of week two: 283.6
Total loss week three: 6

Cheers,
Laura

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 02-21-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:05 AM   #131  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Vladadog - In the past, the way I got in workouts was by doing it EARLY and getting it done with. There is no way I have time or motivation after work, what with kid's homework, fixing dinner, talking to husband, other commitments. There are plenty of 30 minute workouts that you can do at home that really do work. I used Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and I looked great! I would roll out of bed, give myself 10 minutes, and work out in PJ's. Unfortunately, I came up with a list of excuses to not do this either ... so I have to get back into it. Goal is to start workouts again on 3/1.

love2b150 - I want to thank you so much for the invitation to join the thread again this month. I know I have been lax, and am 2 weeks late, but that invitation has been in the back of my head for two weeks, and I really feel that it has contributed to the fact that in spite of life being hectic and stressful, I have maintained, and actually had a slight loss. So Thank You! This really has helped me stay somewhat on track.

Goal - Under 200 by 2/27 - another "0" birthday, and I ain't gonna be over 200 for it!

2/16: 202.2
2/17:
Old 02-16-2017, 09:09 AM   #132  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Morning everyone! Drive-by post because I have to leave the house in 30 min and just woke up, whoops: I'm clinging on to only one sweet this week--made it past my hardest day--and have gym plans for later today. I'm super impressed by the progress everyone's making! Go team!
Old 02-16-2017, 12:58 PM   #133  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi all you Groovy Chicks!

I haven't been here in a while and just did a quick read through of some of the posts...this is a busy crowd with lots of good things happening!

Congratulations everyone!

Love2b, thanks for the invite!

My life has been out of balance and Ï'm feeling spiritually drained, so I am trying to figure out how best to move forward. Unfortunately, this has resulted in a few steps back weight wise. Doesn't it just figure!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by LurchMomma; 02-16-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:54 PM   #134  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

No time for personals today, so just saying hi to everyone all at once!

Today's weigh-in was 263.8. I think making sure I get my 2.5-3 mile walk around our hilly neighborhood in every night is really helping me combat the TOM bloat this week. I also moved my IF window into a slightly later time of the day to coincide with my inevitably later bed times, and I think that has made a difference, as well. We shall see if this all continues to work out over the next couple of weeks. *knocking on wood* Water update: I actually got in 21 servings of water yesterday! I doubt I will be able to get in that many today though, because we're going to our oldest's soccer game tonight, and I don't want to be drinking a ton of water and being stuck somewhere with a possibility of no restrooms. Should be interesting...wish me luck on that, lol.

Week Three
15: 264.6 (TOM)
16: 263.8 (TOM)
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 265.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 02-16-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:48 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

friends!

No time for personals tonight as I have very little energy after a long day. Good day, just looong! I hope you are all well and have had a good day with some victories along the way. More tomorrow.

A wonderful evening to all. Pleasant dreams.
Closed Thread