Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 01:36 PM   #16  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Happy February, everyone!

Weigh-in was 271.8 this morning, after weighing in almost an hour late...which means I'm probably still stuck on my 272 plateau, technically speaking. Not sure what's up...I've been trying to be more active, drinking lots of water, not near TOM, and I haven't gone crazy on sodium, either. I think my body likes this weight for some reason, so it's going to have to snap out of that real quick...lol. I'm not getting discouraged, because I know it will pass, but it is frustrating.

Week One
01: 271.8
02:
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

Old 02-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #17  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Hi All. I was up a pound this morning but I'm not letting it get to me. i was pretty close to OP yesterday, but I do feel I had too many carbs, so I have cut those back down today, so let's see what tomorrow's number is.

Just have to say again, that it feels great to be back with the team. You guys are never far from my thoughts and that helps me make good choices and stay strong through the day and I thank all of you for that.

Kris: Your quotes hit close to home for me today and I'm so thankful that you posted them. Today is the day that I am letting go of "all that I did in the past" and focusing on what I am doing now. Yes, I lost this weight before, but now I am doing it for the last time. Thank you again, my friend.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:22 PM   #18  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Ophelia - Probably just catching up after all that quick losing you did to start! Happens to me a lot. I lose in whooshes and then sit still for a few days then lose in whooshes again. It's like my body needs a few days to go "wait, what?!" I'm sure you'll start seeing losses again soon.

My weight in this morning was 270.6, just like yesterday, meaning I get to keep my SIXTY POUNDS DOWN claim.... even though I stuffed myself full of Chinese takeout last night. So good. So worth it. I drank so much water after I had to pee twice overnight last night. (TMI, sorry lol).

Treadmill should be here this afternoon. Hubby is on vacation so we can get that set up and ready. I'm all kinds of excited to see what February will bring.

Hopefully 8 more pounds gone, and maybe some running?!

Have a good day folks!
Old 02-01-2017, 06:12 PM   #19  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone

Vixsin and Kris ... I'll be back tomorrow to catch up on my reading

I'm finally getting back to some normality thanks to my job so I can now go to Bible study on Wednesday again .. so happy about that

I posted this on another thread ... I just realized I had my first NSV

I got on the scale this morning as I typically do at the beginning of the month and I saw that horrible 9 I had hoped to never see again. I weighed in at 190.5. I'm gonna have to reign it in or it's gonna just get worse. I decided today was the last day for my Bojangles breakfast biscuit and I went to Speedway and actually passed up the yellow Hostess Zingers that I so love It's not much but it's a start ...

Today's meals were

B ~ coffee, caramel corn on the way in at 2am
..... at 6:30am~Bojangles bacon, egg, cheese biscuit, water about 8ozs
L ~ Burger king double cheese burger meal, small fry, diet Dr pep
D ~ 3 deviled eggs, 16oz water

this is just for accountability ... tomorrow will be much better ... gonna try to slow carb it again since no carb typically leads me to failure
I'm gonna try to post daily
Old 02-01-2017, 06:13 PM   #20  
~Rennie

Default February 2017 Stats

Week One
02/01~ 190.3
02/02 ~ 189.8 (-0.5)
02/03 ~ 188.6 (-1.2)
02/04 ~ 187.7 (-1.1)
02/05 ~ 187.1 (-0.6)
02/06 ~ 188.1 (+1.0)
02/07 ~
Total Loss for Week One:

Last edited by love2b150; 02-06-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:37 AM   #21  
Gizmo

Rennie thank you once again for starting this monthly thread. It's nice to see you and happy to hear that you are getting some normalcy at work.

MadeToThrive I really like what you wrote. Really hits home for a lot of us.

opheliapheonix those darn plateaus, I know how you feel. But you've done a great job so far, I'm sure you'll find a way to kickstart your weight loss again very soon.

So I had a horrible second half of January and gained 2 pounds. Back on my eating plan since Sunday. Anyone know of a natural food or supplement one can take to help with sleep? Still sleeping about 5-6 hours and then waking up and not being able to get back to sound sleep. I'm feeling tired allvthe time and though I can manage my eating, I can't find the energy to exercise, even though I REALLY need to exercise...Hope everyone will have a great month ahead.

1: 250.0
2: 251.2
Old 02-02-2017, 08:41 AM   #22  
Super Single Mom

My scale and I aren't getting along the past couple of days. I was up another .4 this morning despite being on plan yesterday. Trying not to let it derail me and stay fully on plan today.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #23  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! I'm going to try to actually check in every day for the rest of this month even though I'm still officially tracking weekly average weights, rather than daily weights, because I've had a very bad couple of days (me vs. a bag of mint Milanos... the Milanos won) and I think I do better when I have to report in. *g*

I'm way over my goal for sweets for the week already and I fell off the tracking wagon the last couple days, so my goal for the rest of this week is: no more than one more sweet (even though I'm already at like 10 for the week, I know better than to say no sweets) and track everything before I eat it. Nothing revolutionary, just the stuff I was already doing and I know was already working but just decided to skimp on because I was stressed out.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:28 PM   #24  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

FeraFilia: Maybe that is what it is then...it dropped a little today finally, so hoping that I have a few more days of drops this week to make up for it. Haha. Did your treadmill finally come today? I saw that it didn't show up yesterday as planned.

love2b150: Sometimes NSVs are just as good as any drops on the scale...good job passing up a temptation!

Martine: All I know much about are melatonin supplements, which is the naturally occuring hormone in the human body that triggers the cycle for falling asleep. Have you ever tried taking that in the past? I have heard that it helps one to have a sounder sleep, as well. There has also been talk of chamomile tea helping you fall asleep, so maybe that is something you could try drinking before bed or even when you wake up and can't fall back asleep easily?

Vixsin: I hate yo-yo'ing, especially when on-plan...I struggled with that over the last couple weeks. Hopefully tomorrow will be more showing of your efforts!

Vivvian: Sounds like a good way to tackle the rest of the week for the battle of the sweets!

-------------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 271.0 today, so finally down a bit. The farther I get away from that 272 stall, the better...lol.

Week One
01: 271.8
02: 271.0
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 02-02-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:57 PM   #25  
Super Single Mom

Well I figured out what the mysterious gains are. TOM arrived a full week early. What a jerk.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #26  
~Rennie

I typed a book as those of you know me I typically do when replying and lost thanks to my chrome shutting down

so here's the abbreviated version

Kris thanks for the repost and reminder, I'm glad you're back oh and good for you on the not weighing ... I weigh even when I don't post ... not everyday but when I think the scale may be nice to me

Vixsin my Rissa turned 13 in January ...she's still my baby nonetheless as I'm sure your son is to you Oh Vixsin how's your water intake? Are you drinking too much water in the evening and possibly retaining it? Kukkie and I made that discovery a while back ... at least that is what was happening to us ... ok so it is water weight just the other water weight. The female body is but now you know

Mandy have fun with your treadmill. That's my go to ... I don't like any other machine Yay for you on running. I have yet to run, maybe a minute of really brisk walking is all I have ever been able to do. I all of you runners

Thanks Ophelia , plateaus are frustrating. I use to plateau a lot. I would have to calorie cycle to break them. thanks for the sleep tips I do have chamomile and I have drank it but not sure if it worked or not. Maybe I'll give it another try. I've never tried the melatonin that's a thought too

Curvy

ThisIsMyRealName and Vivvian I'm sure you have already been welcomed to the thread but I'll say it again since I don't yet know you ...

Vivvian you got into the Milano's I got into the caramel corn ... we'll do better as time goes on Sorry about the stress I know what works also ... so why don't I do it, IDK

Martine I had to look up the NORMAL words ... they mean the same You and I have the same sleep issue. Even when I'm off I still wake up 5.5/6 hrs later ... but I can usually do about two hours of housework and go back to sleep If you hear of a natural more sleep remedy let me know. My Mom drinks that sleepytime tea and says it works for her. It didn't work for me though. I started January at 182 and ended at 190 so pat yourself on the back, 2lbs is probably just water. Are you still working out the way you use to?

... for those who haven't already said what are you doing to lose weight on your journey. I'm gonna try lite carbs (even though I messed up today with the caramel corn) hopefully it was early enough in the day to combat it with some protein and water which I have clearly not had enough of. I also need to start utilizing my gym membership. A co-worker told me about a free boot camp that his friend offers the first Saturday of each month so I'm gonna give that a shot this Saturday. I hope I can walk/move afterwards Have any of you tried Hot Yoga? What is the benefit? I have never done Yoga before so I have no clue as to what it does period.

ok here's my day ...

02/02 ~ 189.8 (-0.5) no crappy eating late is the only thing I can think of

B ~ 1.5 deviled eggs, 2 sl beef bologna, small banana
L ~ 2 sl deli Amer cheese, 1 pk Buddig honey turkey, 1/2 salmon cake
S ~ caramel corn (too much I'm sure)
D ~ salmon cake, 1/2c pink grapefruit, 3 deviled eggs

W ~ 76ozs
Steps 14,772

Last edited by love2b150; 02-03-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:52 PM   #27  
~Rennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
I made my water (100oz), steps (11,600) , and calories (1600) goals for today!

Now I just need to keep telling myself food is not bad, eating is not wrong, and hunger is not a physical defect. Food is fuel. Eating is recharging. Hunger is your "low fuel" light.

I go through these periods where I feel shame for eating
Mandy I'm closing all of my old threads and saw this Good job! ... I need to tell myself this also and I too often feel shame for eating (not sure if you still feel this way) but I do when I mess up (which has been more often than not). I also need to log my steps and water
Old 02-02-2017, 05:06 PM   #28  
~Rennie

just in case Scotsgal joins us I saw this post from her ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsgal View Post
I am a glutinous F**k!! I actually had a slice of banoffee pie while waiting on my boiled eggs at breakfast..... AT BREAKFAST! What is wrong with me

I will have my eggs at breakfast, lunch will be tuna and cucumber on toast, and dinner is fish cakes with baby potatoes and veggies.
I have done the exact same thing while waiting on the right things to finish cooking ... glad you pulled it together Love this days meal plan I like raw spinach and green pepper with the tuna also.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:08 PM   #29  
~Rennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
Rennie so nice to see you

... I have been MIA, too many issues creeping back and hubby hurt himself at work and has been off since the 5th and this has put extra stress on me. 2017 will bring better things for all of us, I'm sure.
Martine How's your husband doing?
Old 02-02-2017, 06:22 PM   #30  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Hello all! Just starting with this website. I am doing weekly check-ins with Ideal Protein so will weigh again on Tues. Official starting weight: 214. Goal weight: 125 (but stretch goal 115), I am 5'2" so still a healthy BMI. Let's do this!
Closed Thread