Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 01:57 PM   #91  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Confession: I have been super slack since February started. My husband was on vacation, and it was so easy to fall back on bad habits and eat takeout with him and such. I haven't been weighing, and my tracking food has been hit and miss. Exercise has been intermittent.

I've *tried* to make good choices for the most part. And I think I must be learning how it works, because even with all the horrible food, and TOM in full force, *and* a sodium heavy lunch and cake for dinner last night, I'm still down a pound from the start of the month, putting me below 270 for the first time in over 5 years... and officially out of the "morbidly obese" category.

So, time to straighten this ship and get myself back to business so I can keep going.

But, to be honest, it felt nice to basically take a "maintenance break." And I don't really feel guilty about it. Hopefully the next few weeks will see a nice little drop as I go back to my plan, like the first few weeks all over again. Maybe I'll give myself a maintenance break the first week of every other month or something.

I hope you all are having a good Friday!

Last edited by FeraFilia; 02-10-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #92  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

jumping in to say im down another .7 of a lb

couldn't go to the gym today, visited too many people and walked too much will go tomorrow
Old 02-10-2017, 08:19 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good evening. Finally, after a nearly a week of rain, the broke through in a major way. I wish I could have been outside to enjoy it, but Friday is my crazy making day with back-to-back meetings and teaching. Being out of the office for training two days this week added to the relentless feeling of not getting enough done. But the weekend is here and I'm looking forward to slowing down.

Not a lot of energy for personals tonight so I'm signing off until tomorrow.

Everyone have a great evening!
Old 02-11-2017, 09:02 AM   #94  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Height: 5'5"

Ahahaha, Vladadog, I had the same problem when my mom and I did that a few years back—until my mom reminded me that the hobbits did walk 18 miles the first day, but it was also the only thing they were doing all day. Hard to both walk to Mordor at the same rate and deal with work and errands and so on!

Nichelle, those off days happen to everyone I think... good job trying to get back on track right away!

opheliaphoenix, carpeted stairs are the worst, aren't they? In our old place in Seattle ours just ended up covered in drifts of dog hair. It was terrible! Good for you for getting started on move prep early, though! Never easy, relocating.

Martine, I hope your erranding went well and you got everything you needed done!

bloominbutterflies and congrats on the drop!

--

I'm still having a really busy few days but I have been staying away from sweets. If I can just make it through today this will be my first week making it down to one sweet for the week, so I'm trying to stay focused and plan my meals ahead of time. I have kind of a problem with "emergency" breakfasts, like, I usually eat a high-protein, sit-down breakfast at home, but if I sleep through my alarm or am just running late in the morning for whatever reason, because I pretty routinely have very long mornings, I need to be sure I have something in the cupboard or freezer I can grab on my way out the door that'll keep me full until lunchtime. I've been experimenting for a long time with how low I can put the sweetener in a homemade granola/power bar type thing, and I made another batch last night that's down to 4 grams of sugar, all from dried fruit. I have a lot of food/chemical sensitivities I'm really limited as to what I can use as binding agents, so I can't get rid of the sugar completely, but they held together so: that's success! They aren't low calorie or anything--they're basically dried millet bound with almond butter and ground-up dried apricots--but for me they're a good trade because they're filling. And that's basically what I need to keep me from turning around at 10:30 am, unhinging my jaw, and devouring whatever poor undergraduate winds up closest to me in the lab!
Old 02-11-2017, 12:07 PM   #95  

Good morning

I hope everyone's Saturday is off to a great start. I'm at work putting together a list of interview questions for the Administrative Assistant I'm hiring for our unit. The first interview is Monday afternoon. Oh, how I wish this person was a Personal Assistant instead! Later today I will pick up race packets for a friend and I for a 5K we're doing tomorrow morning. Neither of us have a problem with the distance so it will either be a walk or a wogging (walking and jogging) type of race. We're looking forward to it.

This morning I had my first experience with eating overnight oats. I enjoy hot oatmeal and had seen a lot of different recipe combinations for overnight oats, so I thought I'd give it a try. This particular batch included:
  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup each of blueberries and diced strawberries
  • pinch of cinnamon

They were good and I'm excited to try different flavor combinations. I also like that you can make them a few days in advance for a quick grab and go breakfast.

Wishing everyone a great day and weekend.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:40 PM   #96  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Overnight oats are my go-to breakfast most days. I love them. I add in a little chia seed for an extra boost.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:28 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Vivvian I figured if I stated my goal for the day I would be better about achieving it

opheliaphoenix how did you do getting your steps/water?

I made my 10,000 plus steps yesterday! It's been snowing all of yesterday so I went on my treadmill (go me!) Lol instead of going for a walk outside.
And my water intake was way better then the day before.
Today is my day off work so I am going to go grocery shopping then do my meal prep for the week. I'm trying hard to write a menu plan for dinners then make soups/freezer meals for lunches. It makes our lives easier for the fact everyone in my household works different shifts.
Having meals in my freezer helps me from buying fast food on my lunch break.
I didn't weigh myself today.

Hope everyone has a good day! 😘
Old 02-12-2017, 06:46 AM   #98  
Gizmo

Curvynotlumpy enjoy your 5K!

Vivvian how did your day without sweets go?

Nichelle great for you on getting in those 10 000 steps despite the snow. Today is my day off and I too plan meals for the week and will go grocery shopping this morning.

My last day off was a bust exercise-wise. Will try again today. My weight has been up and down all week. Trying not to let it get to me. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

01: 250.0
02: 251.2
03: 248.6
04: 248.2
05: 249.2
06: 251.2
07: 249.2
08: 249.2
09: 248.8
10: 250.2
11: 248.8
12: 249.2
Old 02-12-2017, 04:46 PM   #99  

friends!

Today was a perfect morning for a 5K. The was out and it was a crisp 50 degrees at the start. I don't know if we could have asked for more. This was my first official race in several years and it felt good. Martine, thank you for your kind well wishes. My time was not terrific but I didn't expect it to be. However, I felt very accomplished. I've struggled for so long with setting goals and reaching them so I believe this is part of the accomplished feeling.

Mandy: Yes, Chia seeds are included in so many of the overnight oats recipes I've read. I've included it in my smoothies off and on over the years and I know it's good stuff. I'm just so inconsistent.

opheliaphoenix: I completely agree with you about house cleaning being a great workout. The payoff is that you get your workout in AND a clean house to relax in after it is all over? How are you feeling about your upcoming move? Is the move unexpected?

to 3FC bloominbutterflies! Happy to have you here! Please post often
Old 02-12-2017, 10:36 PM   #100  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Howdy everyone!

curvynotlumpy, congratulations on your 5k! Good for you for getting it done!

Martine, my swings on the scale were weirdly big this week too, so something's going around. I was definitely glad I was averaging!

Nichelle, congratulations on your 10,000 steps and your water! I always have to cook my meals ahead too, otherwise I'll just end up getting way too hungry and then eating garbage.

I got through my Saturday without a sweet (yaaaaaay!) so that's 1 sweet for the week! And now I'm chugging into a week with a new mini-goal: I've been consistently exercising with weights once a week, but I want to bump that up to twice. So: tracking my food, ≤1 sweet, and two workouts with weights this week. Goooo!

Weekly Stats for last week:

1/1-1/7: 239.6 / 49.8%
1/8-1/14: 238.1 / 49.2% (4 sweets)
1/15-1/21: 238.5 / 49.5% (6 sweets)
1/22-1/28: 236.6/ 49.6% (4 sweets) [start of TOM]
1/29-2/4: 236.6/ 49.7% (11 sweets) [end of TOM]
2/5-2/11: 236.5/ 49.5% (1 sweet - HOORAY)

Better habit goals: log food as I eat it (yes!), get down to no more than one sweet a week (yes!), exercise twice a week (in progress)
Old 02-13-2017, 04:02 AM   #101  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

I need to get up and walk more but life keeps getting in the way...

2/4 - 226.4
2/12 - 225.6

I started walking from Bag End to Rivendell on 5 February, 2017
Day 1: 2.2. miles walked, 2.2 miles total – leaving Hobbiton and following the hedgerows south…
Day 2: 5.9 miles walked, 8.1 miles total – entering the Green Hill Country of The Shire
Day 3: 3.5 miles walked, 11.6 miles total – near the birch grove where Frodo and Sam had a frugal supper on their first night of walking
Day 4: 3.4 miles walked, 15 miles total – started down Stock Road
Day 5: 2.2 miles walked, 17.2 miles total – still in the shire. The Hobbits walked 18 miles their first day. I am such a slacker…
Day 6: 1.2 miles walked, 18.4 miles total – broke camp and started on second day (dealt with broken down truck)
Day 7: 1.9 miles walked, 20.3 miles total – note to self, take fitbit with you after you charge it…. (also, worked on truck)
Day 8: 3.2 miles walked, 23.5 miles total – still walking the rolling hills of The Shire
Old 02-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #102  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Poking my head in and just updating that Ive put on 1.1lbs over the weekend from snacking on the kids stuff I bought for baby sitting. Had to throw out the chocolate spread after having some of it.

Gym tonight though and work it off.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:51 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,
I just happened to notice this energetic group. Don't know how I found it, but I love your posts, so I subscribed. I'm not quite at 100 lbs to lose, is that ok?
Elyse
Old 02-13-2017, 11:24 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Vivvian - way to go with only 1 sweet! That's awesome! I have a horrible sweet tooth!
curvynotlumpy - congratulations on you're 5k!

Meal planning helps so much! Especially for lunches for me. At the moment I'm working at DQ which isn't weight loss friendly.(I have another job lined up, but just waiting till it officially opens to start working there) So always having some sort of make ahead freezer meal helps!

Yesterday I did get my steps in and my water! But I went over my calories (broke down and bought a blizzard at work... though I haven't had any other dq in the 2weeks I've been back and I had only a mini)
Goal for the week: no dq. 10,000+ steps daily. Drink water.

Feb 6: 271.6
Feb 7: --
Feb 8: --
Feb 9: 269.4 (-2.2)
Feb 10: 268.4 (-1)
Feb 11: --
Feb 12: --
Feb 13: 268.6 (+0.2)
Old 02-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #105  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

curvynotlumpy - AWESOME! Congrats on your 5k! I tried to do the couch to 5k program a couple years ago but never completed it.

--

Survived my first 3 days back at work, but barely. 1000% exhausted when I got home and went to bed at 8pm each day. Pretty much in constant pain all 3 days. Friday I made the mistake of having a cup of coffee to keep myself awake for 12 hr shift....which would have been fine/completely normal if I had not stopped all caffeine cold turkey 2 weeks ago. 1 cup of coffee made me feel like I was on speed & like I was about to have a heart attack my heart was going so fast (fitbit said HR was around 115 all day) :O . I'm pretty sure everything I said was at the speed of the Micromachines tv commercial guy (if u remember him from the 80s/90s). + constant migraine and TMI so stop reading if you don't want to hear lady stuff: extra cramping/pain from 1st period I've had in 10 years. Yay extreme diet change messing w/my hormones at exactly the worst time. (I've been taking continuous birth control tabs so have not had a period in 10 years, not for medical reasons).

Good news!:
Today is Monday. I woke up and do NOT feel AWFUL! I finally feel 90% back to normal. All the horribleness of the weekend has gone. Gonna try to get 10k steps in today and get back on a regular eating schedule w/real food. <3 <3 <3

Last edited by howdytx; 02-13-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Closed Thread