Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #46  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Height: 5'5"

I think I right away forgot to check in yesterday, but I'm back to logging and feel a lot more in control. I unfortunately also have a deadline late today so I'm scrambling a bit to get this section done and emailed off. Library today! Usually that's good for me on both a food and a productivity front, so I feel pretty upbeat about that.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:03 PM   #47  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

FeraFilia: Closet shopping is the best! I remember doing that last time around, and it was a lot of fun...lol. Looking forward to being able to do it again, too. Also, you already know this, but looking forward to seeing that red!

love2b150: I need to try prepping, too...I am horrible at planning full dinners in advance, which is why I usually keep to the same few easy things, lol.

pinkstarberry: Hi! And, nearing the 100 lbs lost mark is exciting -- you've made amazing progress!!!

Vivvian: Hopefully you get everything you need to get done today!

-------------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 270.4 today. I hit my goal of 20 (8 oz) servings of water after talking about it on here yesterday for the first time in forever, so I think that helped flush back out whatever yesterday's weigh-in was about. Going to try to hit 20 again today to see what happens.

Week One
01: 271.8
02: 271.0
03: 271.4
04: 270.4
05:
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

Old 02-04-2017, 03:08 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
The status of my treadmill...

FedEx sent these pictures and asked if I wanted them to deliver it anyway.

I said no, send it back and bring me a new one. Kinda irritated. :-|
Oh, Mandy! WTH, happened?! I guess the silver lining to this is that FedEx contacted you and didn't assume you wanted a beat up I've had a couple of experiences with them in the past where that kind of courtesy didn't cross anyone's mind. Hopefully the next attempt will be perfect.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:23 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
[FONT="Georgia"]Happy February, everyone!

Weigh-in was 271.8 this morning, after weighing in almost an hour late...which means I'm probably still stuck on my 272 plateau, technically speaking. Not sure what's up...I've been trying to be more active, drinking lots of water, not near TOM, and I haven't gone crazy on sodium, either. I think my body likes this weight for some reason, so it's going to have to snap out of that real quick...lol. I'm not getting discouraged, because I know it will pass, but it is frustrating.
opheliaphoenix! Sometimes, I feel the same about how my body reacts to all my good efforts. Slight gains and losses but mostly staying consistent. It could be worse so while frustrating, I'll accept it and continue the good fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Hi All. I was up a pound this morning but I'm not letting it get to me. i was pretty close to OP yesterday, but I do feel I had too many carbs, so I have cut those back down today, so let's see what tomorrow's number is.

Just have to say again, that it feels great to be back with the team. You guys are never far from my thoughts and that helps me make good choices and stay strong through the day and I thank all of you for that.
I wholeheartedly agree about the great people on this thread, Vixsin! Everyone is so supportive and kind. Lots of on this board as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
Rennie thank you once again for starting this monthly thread. It's nice to see you and happy to hear that you are getting some normalcy at work.

So I had a horrible second half of January and gained 2 pounds. Back on my eating plan since Sunday. Anyone know of a natural food or supplement one can take to help with sleep? Still sleeping about 5-6 hours and then waking up and not being able to get back to sound sleep. I'm feeling tired allvthe time and though I can manage my eating, I can't find the energy to exercise, even though I REALLY need to exercise...Hope everyone will have a great month ahead.
Martine! I'm so glad you're posting regularly again. How is your Vitamin D level? Mine is very low and apparently it's very common so my doctor has me taking a Vitamin D supplement. Also, what about your thyroid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdytx View Post
Hello all! Just starting with this website. I am doing weekly check-ins with Ideal Protein so will weigh again on Tues. Official starting weight: 214. Goal weight: 125 (but stretch goal 115), I am 5'2" so still a healthy BMI. Let's do this!
howdytx! This a very supportive thread with great people posting. Regardless of whether I'm losing or gaining or stuck in the mud, I never fail to find understanding, support and motivation here. on your plan!
Old 02-04-2017, 03:38 PM   #50  

Rennie! You're on with posting. Welcome back, girl!
Old 02-04-2017, 03:43 PM   #51  

all!

It's been a few days since I posted so I've been catching up. and dreary day here but not cold at all. It's the kind of day that I ! My weight is down to 207 pounds which is the lowest it's been since before Christmas. I've set a gym schedule with a good friend of mine that lives in my neighborhood, so I'm sore, but feel really good that I've committed to something and have an accountability partner.

Wishing everyone a great weekend and hope that whatever plan you're working is going well. to us all!
Old 02-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #52  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy it's great that you've found someone to go to the gym with. It's always more fun and often more motivating to go with someone. Because I take Depo to control my endometriosis, my doctor has me on a vitamin D supplement. I never thought about thyroid issues though. I figure I'm tired because I have a bad sleep pattern and I am carrying all of this extra weight around.

Pinkstarberry keep going, you've achieved such a tremendous success so far!

No change on the scale this morning but I'll take it. I know that tomorrow night I won't be on plan, we are having burgers (veggie for me) and nachos for the Superbowl. I'll be eating light the rest of the day and drinking a lot of water. Like FeraFilia said, I too don't want to cut any food out of my life, I want to know that I can indulge once in a while and get right back to healthy eating.

01: 250.0
02: 251.2
03: 248.6
04: 248.2
Old 02-04-2017, 06:00 PM   #53  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickieLou View Post
... Love2b150 it won't let me update the January thread you put in this thread? Thank You for trying.
VickieLou you'll have to copy and paste it onto a post of yours and then update it

NP pinkstarberry Yay for maintaining while eating out I like the sound of the course you're taking glad it has also inspired some new motivation in my weight loss. on approaching the 100lb LOSS mark I'm happy for you

Vivvian hope everything is going well for you today

LOL Ophelia, I pull out the meat with full intentions on preparing a meal and then I'm too tired to follow through. If my oldest son isn't working he'll cook for us but if not it just waits, smh. WTG on 20 cups of water ... you go Girl Nice drop also, keep it going

Thanks Curvy I finally had my Vit D checked thanks to you all on 3FC and she only told me to take 2000mg a day ... I thought that was low but ok Curvy I did a one hour boot camp today with my son and two other people from the job. I found out just how out of shape I have become. I can't lay on the floor and lift my legs straight up then touch my feet (I got really nauseous for some reason) I can't jog for long, I can't do more than 5-7 jumping jacks after doing any other exercise, and I can't do a burpee for the life of me my legs hurt like crazy right now I have to work tonight let's hope I can stand and walk and nothing else hurts ... I am proud of myself for trying Hope your soreness easies up and YAY for an accountability partner that lives close

Martine .4 is a change Missy I had a burger yesterday and two today but I ate it on Nature's Own Life wheat and protein bread (I pulled off all of the extra bread that wasn't touching the burger) I'm learning me

today has been a good day ...

Weigh in 187.7 (-1.1)

B ~ burger on Nature's Own Life wheat and protein bread, w/ slice Amer cheese
L ~ Tropical Smoothie Totally Green smoothie w/ whey protein and a fat burner
S ~ caramel corn (I finished it) yay
D ~ burger on Nature's Own Life wheat and protein bread, w/ slice Amer cheese, 4 deviled eggs

W ~ 50.7 gonna try for one more bottle (but I am also drinking some green tea so I may hold off for the day since my bed time is quickly approaching )
steps 15,470

Last edited by love2b150; 02-04-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #54  
in itinere

Hi all! Everyone's having great progress--very inspiring!

I didn't quite finish what I needed to for my check-in but I did get a 24 hour extension, so just posting my stats for last week and then scrambling back to my code. Not a great week but I managed to keep my bad two days to only two days and get back to logging and not-eating entire bags of cookies just after, so I managed to stay basically flat. Determined to have a better week this week!

Weekly Stats:

1/1-1/7: 239.6 / 49.8%
1/8-1/14: 238.1 / 49.2% (4 sweets)
1/15-1/21: 238.5 / 49.5% (6 sweets)
1/22-1/28: 236.6/ 49.6% (4 sweets) [start of TOM]
1/29-2/4: 236.6/ 49.7% (11 sweets) [end of TOM]

Better habit goals: log food as I eat it (yes!), get down to no more than one sweet a week (in progress)

Last edited by Vivvian; 02-05-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:35 PM   #55  

Good morning

Happy Super Bowl Sunday Not a lot to report today. Weight is still hanging out at 207 but I am planning a few snacks for during the game so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Rennie, I'm proud you got out there to do boot camp with your son and some co-workers! It may not have been a great experience but it does give you a baseline where to start. I haven't done boot camp in a long time but like you, I've had some very sobering moments recognizing where my body used to be and where it is now. I did the elliptical on Thursday night and managed to squeak out 1.66 miles. My legs were so sore the next day. I can remember the days when I could do two hour-long elliptical sessions on the same day--one in the morning and one at night. Each time I'd hit 5 miles! Honestly, I don't even know if this is a goal I want to achieve this time around, but it gives me a place to start. How did your body feel/hold up at work?

Vivvian, I love how you're tracking your You've done an excellent job cutting back!

Martine, I come from the same school of thought as you and FeraFila. I want an inclusive way of eating, not one of severe deprivation. I won't pretend to know what is best for anyone except for me, and a balanced diet has always been much less crazy making than other approaches I've tried. Enjoy the Super Bowl!
Old 02-05-2017, 02:39 PM   #56  
|| Casey ||

curvynotlumpy: That is great that you have a gym partner!! Especially one that is committed to the same schedule as you...it really makes all the difference, I think.

Martine: I agree! I think being able to eat anything while managing to eat it within reason is the key to making this a lifelong change. If you're still being able to enjoy the things you love, it makes it that much easier to stay on plan in general. Hope you guys enjoy your evening! We don't have cable right now, so no Superbowl here, otherwise I know this would be a pizza and snacks with dip kind of night for us tonight...lol.

love2be150: Nice loss! Also, deviled eggs sound really good right now...lol.

Vivvian: Great comeback to staying on-plan after going over on sweets! You mitigated the damage and turned it back into the right direction, so I'm sure next week will be fully on-plan after knowing you can reel it in after the last few days.

Weigh-in was 269.6 today, which was a relief. I was sick to death of seeing that 7 after the 2...ugh. Not sure if it will stick by tomorrow morning, but I'm going to enjoy it for now! Haha. I didn't quite hit my 20 glasses of water goal, but I got 16 servings in. Going to keep my goal of trying to hit 20 for today, because I'm thinking that has been what has made the difference in getting past my little yo-yo plateau over the last week or two. We shall see!

Week One
05: 269.6
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Old 02-05-2017, 03:46 PM   #57  
Gizmo

Rennie go you and bootcamp! That word alone scares me. About vitamin D, my doctor has me at a weekly dose of 10 000mg, so I think your dosage is not low.

Vivvian I think you did a great job getting back to better eating after two days of being off. Wishing you a great week coming up.

I just woke up from a nap. My body gets so cold and shuts down in the afternoon if I'm not doing something and a nap always follows. Now that I'm awake, I'm off to exercise for the first time in months. I decided to exercise on my days off and when I work the afternoon/evening shifts, to begin with. I'm hopeful that I will find some energy if I stick to it. And then it's time for the Superbowl and some good foods. Have a great evening everyone!

01: 250.0
02: 251.2
03: 248.6
04: 248.2
05: 249.2
Old 02-06-2017, 08:16 AM   #58  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Happy Monday!

First time on this thread! I started my WLJ mid-January, so I didn't want to participate in the January thread. Now we're in February, I thought I'd pop in and give it a go.

I had been going back and forth about daily weighing, so I think I will for this month. Here are my stats:

Week One
01: 284.6
02: 284.6
03: 284.6
04: 283.6
05: 283
06: 283
07: 283
Total Loss for Week One: 1.6

I'm travelling later this week so I'll have no weigh ins until after I return. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better!!

Cheers,
Laura

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 02-07-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:39 AM   #59  
in itinere

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! Thanks for the support. ^_^

opheliaphoenix, congrats! Breaking number barriers like that is always so satisfying, isn't it?

curvynotlumpy, good for you for planning the snacks! Half the battle, I think *g*

And congrats to everyone who was thinking ahead to Superbowl food and making arrangements for it! I know literally nothing about football but I do have a profound interest in nachos *g* so exercising restraint around all those good snacky foods seems like all y'all deserve a pat on the back.

I did get my section off to my advisor, hurrah! Now on to the next. *determined face* In more 3FC-related news, I decided to swap from showering first and eating breakfast second to eating breakfast first, so that we don't run out of hot water on weekdays; and since I weigh myself when I shower that might lead to a tiny bump up, from having breakfast first... it'll end up wrapped into whatever ends up being my final average for this week, but after that I think it should be not worth the mention!
Old 02-06-2017, 01:30 PM   #60  
|| Casey ||

Quick check-in, so no time for personals....weigh-in was 269.4 today. We were going to splurge a tiny bit last night for the festivities, because my husband wanted to order Dominos. I don't eat their pizza, but their Mediterranean Veggie oven-baked sandwich is one of my favorite things ever, so he tempted me by ordering one for me...lol. (I need to try making a healthier homemade version, so it won't be a temptation!) However, the one nearby was so backed up for the SuperBowl, that it was nearly 3 hours after ordering and they still hadn't even gotten to it, so we went down there for a refund. He still wanted takeout of some kind after waiting so long, so he went through some drive through for him and the kids...I just splurged by eating an order of fries with one of my regular homemade sandwiches, lol. Shockingly, adding the fries actually ended up being a little more calories than the Dominos sub would have been, which is mindblowing! It really puts into perspective how calorie-laden just a tiny thing of french fries can be. Definitely an eye-opener. That helped kill my love of fries quite a bit, lol. They can be tasty...but, they just aren't worth that amount calories for how little you get. I was still under my limit though, because I didn't have time for lunch yesterday, so that's good at least. Tons of sodium, though. Glad the scale didn't freak out too much...whew!

Week One
05: 269.6
06: 269.4
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Closed Thread