Old 05-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Default Get your glow on! May 2020 Daily Check-in & Accountability Thread

to the May 2020 daily weigh-in/check-in. ALL our welcome to this thread. Here you will find support, encouragement, and endless kindness.

Here you can:
~track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like ... but do check in
~keep track of what you eat or didn't eat
~keep track of your water intake or lack of
~keep track of your exercise/other goals
~vent, rant ... express yourself or just chit-chat

As we are now into the second month of spring, it's a good time for an accountability check to see where we're at in terms of our progress. Sometimes it can take awhile to shake off the heaviness of winter especially if you live in a geography that still might see some very low temps or even snow At some point what's happening outside will match with the calendar. Even if you haven't been able to fully embrace the season, what's on your progress bucket Lots of us have been spending more time inside than maybe we ever thought possible, and has provided ample opportunity to think about what's important in our life. So, what are your priorities? Create or find more interesting and creative ways to exercise? Have cleaning and clutter projects you want to handle? Feed yourself better and healthier? Enjoy friends and family more via the avenues we can at this time? Pick up that hobby you've been putting off? Whether you are just beginning your journey or are a long time traveler, let's use this month to our advantage to become healthier in mind, body and spirit. Whatever it is that will help you glow from the inside out let's make May memorable.

Good luck to all!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 05-01-2020 at 08:16 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 06:42 PM   #2  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy thank you so very much once again for starting this monthly thread

Wishing everyone great success this month. And for everyone to exercise self care at all times, in all the ways you enjoy most.

My goals this month are to keep moving 5-6 times per week, keep drinking 2+ litres of water per day and to stay within a decent calorie range. I've been experimenting with MyFitnessPal all week and for the first time in a loooooong time, I saw 235(.4) on the scale this morning. I'll believe it when I see it for a few days in a row. I don't exactly know why the scale decided to budge at this time, because as I look at the foods I am logging, I have been eating pretty much the same way as I did for the past couple of months and doing the same types of exercises. Yes I have added walks since the weather has been more clement, but then again I've been housebound and honestly not doing that much for the past 6 weeks compared to when I was at work. I'll take it for now and continue with MyFitnessPal for another week to see if that really is what made the difference (maybe seeing the numbers is having an effect on me, I don't know).

Speaking of work, we learned yesterday that managers and full-time employees are going back to work full-time starting Monday, to start preparing our stores for an eventual reopening, though no date has been given yet. I just hope this won't throw me off my "game", as I now have to quickly readjust everything to go back to my regular routine. I stopped meal prepping while I was stuck at home, now I know what I'll be doing Sunday.

I started the month off on the right foot with a walk and a workout. Now off to prepare a cheesy broccoli soup. Which should go well with the Italian bread that I made this morning, my first time kneading dough! They did say we'd all be bakers by the time this pandemic ended

1: 3.2km walk + 40 minutes lower body strength training
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:33 PM   #3  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Thanks for starting this thread, Curvy! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 168.8 CW: 169 (+ .2) GW: 162.8

1. No Weigh In.
2. 168.8
3. No Weigh In.
4. No Weigh In.
5. 168.6 (- .2)
6. 168.6 (- .2)
7. No Weigh In.
8. No Weigh In.
9. 169.2 (+ .4)
10. No Weigh In.
11. No Weigh In.
12. 168.6 (- .2)
13. No Weigh In.
14. No Weigh In.
15. No Weigh In.
16. 169.4 (+ .6)
17. 169 (+ .2)
18. 169 (+ .2)
19. 168.4 (- .4)
20. No Weigh In.
21. No Weigh In.
22. No Weigh In.
23. 169 (+ .2)
24. No Weigh In.
25. No Weigh In.
26. No Weigh In.
27. No Weigh In.
28. No Weigh In.
29. No Weigh In.
30. 169 (+ .2)
31. No Weigh In. I gained + .2 LBS this month.

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS:+ .2 LBS.

Last edited by VickieLou; 06-06-2020 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Add Information and Weigh In.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:49 PM   #4  
Gizmo

Hi VickieLou !

So this hasn't exactly been the most active day for me, despite the best of intentions and nice weather outside. Instead of going for a walk I went for a drive with my husband and Loki, looking all cute and happy sticking his head out the window. I think I just needed to spend some time with David, listening to music and just chatting while enjoying the scenery. I just now completed the planned workout of the day, but honestly I did not put my best effort in. I was feeling sluggish to begin with and was not loving the format, but for the last section I pushed harder at least. It was a core workout so I was on the floor a lot and Loki kept coming at me with sweet kisses. He hadn't done that in a while, I think he knew that I wasn't feeling it and he made me laugh and smile. I may still go for a walk after supper, I'll see how I feel by then.

Hope everyone has been enjoying a great Saturday!

2: 35 minutes core workout
Old 05-03-2020, 03:15 PM   #5  
Gizmo

So of course the scale would be back up to 237 this morning. No sense dwelling on it. But this has been a really productive day for me, exercise and other wise. Since I’m going back to work tomorrow, I don’t have the luxury to spread out housecleaning all through the week, so early this morning I got laundry done, washed and changed all the bedding and cleaned the kitchen. It’s another really nice day so we had time to go for a drive before lunch and I wanted to go by the river, but they blocked off the street to allow more space for pedestrians and cyclists (finally!), so we just drove randomly for a while. After lunch I went for a 5.2km walk and not to toot my own horn but I was on fire My previous best pace was 11.58min/km (my average was 12.1), but I managed to complete all but the first km well under that, even walking a section at 11.01min/km. My walking goal this month was to walk 5km in 1 hour, but I did it in 57 minutes today.

I also did some meal prepping with David. It feels strange to have to be thinking ahead again, I was just going day by day these past few weeks. Loki needs a bath so we’ll get to that in a bit, He needs a haircut to be honest, but so do most of us I think. Then I have a lower body workout planned and THEN we might actually sit down and relax for the rest of the day.

Wishing everyone a great end to the weekend!

3: 5.2km walk + 43 minutes HIIT, pilates and lower body strength training workout

Last edited by Martine; 05-03-2020 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:07 PM   #6  

Good morning

VickieLou! Nice to have you check in. Wishing you a great month!

Martine: Honestly, it sounds like you were on the whole weekend! What a productive day! My busy weekends often look like what you describe. I get a bunch of stuff done over the course of the day but it feels so satisfying once you're done. I'm glad you and David had a nice drive and had that time to catch up. I'm seeing (at least I sense that I'm seeing) more cars on the road than in March and most of April. Weather and needing a change in scenery probably account for the increase. I imagine it must seem a tad bit odd getting back into your meal prep routine since you had been "freestyling" for the last week or so. I think anything we can do that helps us stay grounded and feel more normal is necessary and fantastic. How are you feeling about going back into work to prep? I hope all went well today, your first day back. Good to get a Loki update. I imagine he does look a bit shaggy after all this time but he's in fine company with the rest of us .
I hope everyone had a good weekend and that it was peaceful and uneventful.I did laundry, made a lemon ricotta cake, and had my weekly phone chat with dear friend Vanessa who lives in Portland. I took several long walks this weekend as the weather couldn't have been more lovely. Today definitely feels like a Monday! I'm having a hard time getting motivated. Hopefully, the afternoon will be be better.

Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 05-05-2020, 06:40 PM   #7  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy hope your Monday wasn't a "real" Monday. How nice that you could enjoy some nice weather as well over the weekend and get a lot of steps in.

My first day back was filled with joy at seeing some of our employees again, and spending the day calling all the others to check on them and ask them if they will be ready to come back to work once we reopen. And then filled with anxiousness at re-reading all the documents regarding all the health and safety procedures that we have to put in place. I tried working with a mask and gloves all day, as will be required as soon as we open to customers, and I got super hot very quickly. Then we have to keep thinking about disinfecting everything we touch and share, like a simple stapler in the office. A colleague had a brilliant idea to shrink wrap all keyboards, so it will be very easy and safe to disinfect between each user. We have to get used to a new normal. Are there measures in place when you work at the university a couple of days each week?

Yesterday at work I wound up with a headache around midday that just didn't go away. I know I ate much too late, and I wasn't drinking enough water, so considering how hot I was feeling AND the fact that there was no air conditioning, a lack of hydration was not good at all. I just could not exercise after work and after taking some Tylenol and eating supper, I wound up falling asleep rather early. Today we actually had an unexpected day off as our company was sorting out some legal things before we go back tomorrow, so I went for a nice long walk and just completed my workout. After supper I wanted to make banana bread, as we have overripe bananas that I don’t want to waste, but instead I decided to freeze them and use them this weekend, so instead I can enjoy the rest of the evening with David.

Enjoy a nice evening everyone!

WEEK 1:
3: 5.2km walk + 43 minutes HIIT, pilates and lower body strength training workout
4:
5:3.2km + 43 minutes kickboxing with upper body strength training intervals

Last edited by Martine; 05-05-2020 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: Hello there! Thank you for continuing to run this thread! Your point about this being a great time for some accountability and reflection really rang true for me- thank you for pointing that out. Your lemon ricotta cake sounds amazing! I have such a weak spot for lemon-flavored treats

Martine: It sounds like you had a productive first day back that was filled with learning experiences and joy seeing your colleagues again. Masks and gloves for an extended period of time are a lot to handle—what a great idea to trial out wearing them ahead of time so you know what to expect! Glad to hear your headache resolved and you were able to get a workout in and spend some quality time with David.

Hello everyone! I’d like to join you all for this lovely month of May It’s been many months since I’ve checked in here faithfully every day and I need to get back in the swing of things. School is over (I’m graduating!!!) and I now have the time to focus on me again. Instead of beating myself up for a very small (relatively speaking) backslide of about 10 lbs., I’m going to see the positive—I haven’t been run this ragged or this stressed out since I was in school full time from 2010-2013, which is when I put on the bulk of my weight and topped out at my highest of 290 lbs. Despite being busy and having a more stressful, hectic life, I managed to maintain the majority of my weight loss so far, so while it’s not quite the progress I had hoped, I will still count it as a win!

That being said, I’ve felt out of control for the past month or so. I’ve used the pandemic and everyone bringing in donated or homemade goodies to work as an excuse to fall out of ketosis. I’m very bloated, breaking out, and my mood is crappy—therefore tomorrow will begin (after coffee of course) with a trip to the grocery store to stock up on some staples, and a nice long walk with the pup. I’m going back to a goal of eating 90% of meals at home or made of home-cooked food.

My goals for this month are to meet my water goal of 4L, get back into and maintain ketosis (tracking only carbs without worrying about calories for the next week or so), and hit my 14K step goal at least 4 days per week. I’d also like to start doing more at-home strength training and yoga as my usual studio is streaming their classes via Zoom, but for that I’m going to leave that open and not put the pressure on myself of making it an official goal at this time.

4/30: 223.5
GW: 219.0

Week 1:
5/1: 221.7 (-1.8)
5/2: 222.6 (+0.9)
5/3: 224.5 (+1.9)
5/4: 226.2 (+1.7)
5/5: 224.4 (-1.8)
5/6: 223.3 (-1.1)
5/7: 223.3 (+/-0)
Total for week 1: -0.2
Total for May: -0.2

Week 2:
5/8: 224.7 (+1.4)
5/9: 222.0 (-2.7)
5/10: 222.7 (+0.7)
5/11: 222.2 (-0.5)
5/12: 222.2 (+/-0)
5/13: 221.4 (-0.8)
5/14: 222.6 (+1.2)
Total for week 2: -0.7
Total for May: -0.9

Week 3:
5/15: 220.9 (-1.7)
5/16: 219.2 (-1.7)
5/17: 220.0 (+0.8)
5/18: 221.3 (+1.3)
5/19: 220.3 (-1.0)
5/20: 219.1 (-1.2)
5/21: 219.1 (+/-0)
Total for week 3: -3.5
Total for May: -4.4

Week 4:
5/22: 220.0 (+0.9)
5/23: 219.5 (-0.5)
5/24: 219.5 (+/-0)
5/25: 218.6 (-0.9)
5/26: 218.8 (+0.2)
5/27: 221.2 (+2.4)
5/28: 218.4 (-2.8)
Total for week 4: -0.7
Total for May: -5.1

Final days
5/29: 217.2 (-1.2)
5/30: 217.6 (+0.4)
5/31: 218.0 (+0.4)
Total for final days: -0.4
Total for May: -5.5

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 05-31-2020 at 05:41 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:48 PM   #9  

Good afternoon! Hope you all have a wonderful day

Week 1:
Old 05-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #10  

RunningRedHead: So great to see you back checking in! Congratulations on your graduation (hey, that rhymed ). You were in a nursing program correct, or do I have you confused with someone else? You must feel both relieved and accomplished to have completed your degree. Were you able to have a proper in-person ceremony or had the pandemic hit before your graduated? I work at a university and all graduations will be conducted remotely with an in-person one to be scheduled in either fall or late fall before the holiday break. That you managed to lose and maintain your weight during the course of your studies is another huge win. It really is a testament to being able to manage various types of responsibilities at the same time.

Martine: I'm so glad you had a good first day back to work! I can't imagine your happiness being able to see and touch base with your employees after all this time. I hope they are all well. What a nice surprise to have yesterday off. The closest we've come to that is having maintenance workers in the town I live in accidentally cut a major fiber optic cable both last Thursday and Monday resulting in most of the town losing internet access. Unexpected day off for lots of folks. My area of town was spared. Thanks for sharing what kind of precautions your store is taking. I'm making note of things as we don't know yet what we'll be asked to do or adapt when we return. Today I was on a conference call where a document from the American Industrial Hygienists Association was shared with campus colleagues. It covers guidelines for industry specific workplaces. While we don't have any specifics I've asked my team to start considering how we'll adapt our work spaces and programming for when we eventually return. How many students can be in our centers at one time? Will there be any food protocols put in place or do we have food at all (some of the programs we do have involve free pizza or light snacks)? How will we continue programming while still keep social distance? I'm sure we'll be getting more guidance as time goes on.
Yesterday was a good day and I felt like I got a couple of big tasks I've been procrastinating on accomplished. My Healthy Lifestyle Balance group that I started with a year and a half ago continues to meet bi-monthly. The program ran from October 2018-October 2019 and we've been doing bi-monthly meetings since the first of the year. Surprisingly, our group seems to better attend our remote meetings than we ever did in person . I really appreciate being able to "see" everyone and it's good to catch up and share what's working and not working for us. The pandemic certainly has impacted us all that's for sure.

Everyone have a great day and take good care!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 05-07-2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:56 PM   #11  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead congratulations on graduating! I remember all the hard work you were putting into your program, all while working/teaching and managing to avoid major weight gain.. All very impressive. It’s great to have you checking in

curvymotlumpy it’s good that your team is starting to think about practical ways to make working at the university safe for everyone. It’s good to take ideas from other departments/industries. The provincial health and safety board here has created guidelines for safer work practices and since grocery stores have remained open, we are able to follow their example in how the implemented them. Regarding your bi-monthly meetings with your health and wellness group, first I think it is pretty cool that participants chose to keep it going and second, I’m not surprised that more people show up for web meetings than in person. Convenience can be a motivator.

Things at work are slowly coming together, but it feels as if our company is a bit behind. What I mean is the original closures were set to last until May 4th, so one would think that most of the measures to reopen would’ve been done before then. But it’s literally one day at a time, sometimes things change from hour to hour, and we have to be patient and navigate through it all. Still it’s encouraging to see things move forward. And day 2 of wearing a face mask and gloves was more bearable. It’s definitely an adjustment period.

Workout done after my work day, trying to really get back into my routine. Now to just relax and decompress.

WEEK 1:
4:
5:3.2km + 43 minutes kickboxing with upper body strength training intervals
6: 39 minutes total body strength training workout
Old 05-07-2020, 10:47 AM   #12  

Curvy: You remember correctly! I just finished my master’s in nursing education—now for the fun job hunt My graduation is supposed to be July 10th, maybe the world will be open by then Remote graduations sound like a great solution! It’s so great to hear that your group is still able to meet despite the distance. It’s interesting how much better attendance is for some things now that meetings are being conducted virtually! Maybe it has something to do with a much easier commute or seemingly taking less effort or time, even though you’re still putting in the work!

Martine: I totally hear what you’re saying regarding this being and adjustment period and changes being rapid and fluid. Even working in a hospital, it seems like there’s a change to procedure or updates every time I go in. Glad to hear the mask and gloves are more bearable. Way to go continuing to get your workouts in and stick with a routine with all of this going on!

Thanks for the warm welcome and congratulations, it’s much appreciated! Today’s plans include a hike with my friend from work (and Loki of course!). I’ve never been really hiking before, and I’m very afraid of heights, so this should be interesting

Week 1:
5/7: 223.3 (+/-0)
Total for week 1: -0.2
Total for May: -0.2
Old 05-07-2020, 04:49 PM   #13  

RunningRedHead: Yes, I agree with you and Martine that better attendance is probably due to the ease of checking in especially since everyone is working remotely. July 10 seems both so far away and yet so close. The days seem to run together, and time is passing so quickly, that July will be here before we know it. We're all hoping and praying that by then more things will have returned to the new normal (whatever that may look like ). Will keep positive thoughts that your graduation goes on as planned. I knew there was another Loki but I couldn't remember who owned it (or does Loki own you? )

Martine: Glad that the mask and glove wearing is getting better. It's the sweating part that gets to me. Some of the other folks I know are having some irritation issues around the mouth. No doubt breathing combined with sweat play a role in this. I get your comment about your store being better prepared. Even with the preparations we're making it's going to be learn as we go day by day. I heard a journalist refer to this as the "new right now" rather than the normal because things were changing rapidly. As you so perfectly stated, sometimes by the hour!
Today I worked on a Power Point presentation for our incoming transfer veteran students. Our new Coordinator will deliver it with your peers but she's completely new to campus and is still learning. I'm putting together the information on a plain Power Point background and she can add to it and change the background to something more appealing. It's supposed to be 93 degrees today and 96 tomorrow , then early next week, rain and dropping back into the 60s. I'm happy with the fluctuations; much better than if the heat was turned up and never relented until fall.

Happy Thursday!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 05-07-2020 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:27 AM   #14  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Curvynotlumpy- Wow that is quite the job from 90 to 60! I feel like it's almost a state sport where I live to whine about the weather but we haven't been seeing fluctuations like that in some time. We are having a cool week in May to much to everyone's dismay. Average is 50's. We had a 70 degree weekend last week and everyone enjoyed it a lot.

Runningredhead - Enjoy your hike with Loki

=======
Over in these parts I've been having a slow week on weight loss. I've been seeing 185s and 184s but what I really wanted to see is 183s. My Grandma who lived in Florida passed away on Saturday. I hardly knew her so it wasn't a very emotional event for me. Still, I am an hourly worker and not one to turn down paid time off. So I got mon-wens off for bereavement. I headed on down to the dollar store on the corner and loaded up on diet coke and a few sugar free snacks I usually try not to eat all the time. I figured I've been given a strange little vacation and should try to make the most of it. Can't go out anywhere so may as well eat some very low calorie chemical junk xD. I had a great couple of days. Stayed on my computer in bed for hours, reorganized my room, and talked to my Dad everyday. I do wonder if the diet coke caused some water retention. I usually just drink it on the weekend. Tomorrow is treat day and I've opted to stay in and make pancakes (maybe waffles) and fried pork cutlet for dinner. Will especially try not to go too crazy tomorrow though. On my non treat days I am going to be extra vigilant for awhile to make sure I am on track.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:51 AM   #15  

Curvy: …You may be on to something here…. Loki may actually be the one in charge, but :shh: don’t tell her that Wow, 90 to 60 is such a big swing! I agree with you about it being better than staying sweltering until the fall though—it’s all about perspective I suppose

Bloominbutterflies: I’m sorry to hear of your loss—even if you didn’t know her, I can imagine there is some change to mentally process. Your dinner plan sounds delicious! The hike was good, I only whined a little

A little bit of a bump up today, which I was expecting thanks to hiking yesterday—I’m definitely not that used to quad/hams work. I’m sore, but not nearly as sore as I thought I would be given how much fun walking was last night Here are some pictures from the hike (and the low carb-friendly brownie mug cake I made for a post-new experience treat)!

My plan for today is to get over to the store and buy some more cabbage to make another round of eggroll in a bowl, which is super easy to prep and pre-pack for my work meal prep this weekend. Also plan for a nice long walk (on level ground!) with Loki. Have a great day, everyone!!

5/7: 223.3

Week 2:
5/8: 224.7 (+1.4)