Old 11-28-2016, 09:22 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Alissa: good for you! May you continue to find ease in bringing your weight down. I don't fit your height requirement, I am a bit taller. My current issue I"d love to see go but it's not, is the landslide that is my belly. Think Venus of Wilendorf is how I feel!

Jelly: I echo your statement, but I think mine has been on hiatus for a month. I am holding and occasionally dip down a bit into 237-238. Geez, if I could stop stepping out on the diet, I'd be good!

Slash: how is your back/neck doing? My topper should here today and I do hope it cures my ails - nothing is worse than getting up first thing in the morning w/it all hurting!

Hello all!

AM:
Nothing really to report. I haven't been on the Monday scale after turkey day. We were traveling home last night and grabbed pizza so I know I will be up today, I am sure of it so I won't look until tomorrow. Perhaps my mindset will change today and I will gang busters tomorrow on tracking it all again.

Otherwise, I am finding my new jeans (skinnies!) are loose around my waist, and I had already taken them in by what 1 3/4 - 2 inches? They were moving around this past weekend. That's a good feeling or maybe a cheap fabric that keeps stretching. Oh well, I will take the little victories as I find or feel them.

And, my sister asked me if I had lost weight (we don't see each other too often and FaceTime doesn't make me feel or look slim), I said I am battling to loose. She said keep up the work. Helpful, maybe she can cheer me on. She's the one who is so on top of her weight and is at high school weight 22 years on and kids later. Not necessarily what I strive for, just to get into the 100s would make me happy!

Happy start to the after turkey day loss until Christmas! We can do this, I'll put my foot forward and see what I can do.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:04 PM   #77  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Aliisa: Good luck to you as you get closer to leaving the 220's!!

Jelly: Hope you had a good start to your Monday back on track!

Lemonthyme: Nice to have people notice the weight loss! Good for you!

For me, just getting back to it after the holiday. I'm going back to the gym tomorrow, so hopefully all will go well. I still am not back 100% as I'm still having back pain, but I think if I just take it a little easier, I'll get over it in time. Oh well!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #78  

The only thing I can report in one weeks time is that the scale says I haven't lost weight, nor have I gained any. I guess I understand how to maintain, sadly it's stuck at 241. But maintain I do, for the short moment.

My new mattress topper is divine! I swear I am catching up on the last 3 years of sleep I have had interrupted do to all the hurts on the pressure points. Thus far, one of the wisest investments for the my body in a long time. Let's hope it continues. I do plan in the next day or two to begin altering my sleep and get up early and go back to working out. I don't have any goals, other than getting that back in gear and on my schedule, even though I have a feeling I will coast into the new year. I see the doctor right before Christmas so maybe that's a goal, get into the 230s and keep it moving? OR facing winter cold weather at 5am? Well, it won't be the first time in my life for doing that!

BTW: Avocados are now back to 50¢ a piece again - always a help for the budget. Bad news on food front - i have to bake cookies for a church function. Here's hoping I can ignore them.

Hope everyone is well! I will post once I get the exercise in gear. May you all be doing better than I!
Old 12-01-2016, 12:58 PM   #79  
Diane

Lemonthyme: Sometimes, maintaining is just what we do. At least you are brave enough to get on the scale.

I'm avoiding it. I haven't been able to get back to the gym full time. I alternate between just sucking it up and putting up with the neck/back pain, or just staying away so that it heals. The only option I can't seem to do is to go to the doctor or something to get it figured out. My fault, I guess. I think it is getting better. Anyway, not going well for me right now.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:12 AM   #80  

slash: It's hard. I hate the scale, i tend to use my pants as a litmus test if you will, if I have excess in the waistband, life is good and I know I am down. Sadly, that's not the case this week. I am just doing so much that I am not making a priority to count calories or get to the gym. I have been running with blood work, the kids, more kids activities, gift shopping, home decorating for the season etc. I can give every excuse under the sun I am sure but dieting is not a priority.

I hope you heal soon and get on with it all too. You know - we can do this, I think for myself I let life get in the way and not put myself or diet first, nor do I want to climb out of bed when it's cold and dark out to go move. Daytime at the gym is a no go - I don't have a sitter to call on (or the added budget for one) and night time is about the same w/dark and cold. So I will just have to start making changes again and get them back into my day. I feel like the poster kid for bad weight loss - I have been in this thread for over a year I think. Whats that say about my journey? UGH! I was almost into the 229 and then I ate with reckless abandon (sounds good doesn't it - I think I have seen too many hallmark Christmas movies of late - only 2 but that may be too much , don't they have a reckless moment and then move on?).

Well, heres to finding one change to do begin with today. This as I type my hubs is making pancakes for the kids I'll ask for an egg or two instead.

Happy day to you all!
Old 12-04-2016, 08:15 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 273/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Slash and Lemon! Hi! How are you both doing? How was Thanksgiving? Ok by me here, just slowly losing weight, still in the 220s, but very slowly moving out. I just hit 50lbs down and that was comforting and exciting. Hope you both are doing well! Hi to all on this thread. Have a great week.
kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:31 PM   #82  
Diane

Lemonthyme: Ugh, I get it! So hard to want to leave the house when it is cold. My kids are grown, so I don't have that added issue.

Kittens: You're getting close to being out of the 220's! Soon!!

For me, I am finally getting back to feeling better with my back. I ended up doing some stretching and other stuff to try to relieve the pressure. It seems to be working now. I feel so much better, just not 100% yet. I felt good enough to get back to the gym, though! I went to spin this morning. It was tough and I'm sure I'll be feeling it, but it was nice to get back there.

Not willing to get on the scale just yet. I can't let it go too much longer, but I am waiting at least a week before I get back on it.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #83  

Hey Slash! Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm trying really hard to get out of the 220s! You are almost out of the 230s!! Congrats!!

I'm wondering, what is the advantage to weighing yourself only at certain times/days of the week? Does that help with scale anxiety? I've been weighing myself every day (my program tells me to do that) but sometimes I get a bit obsessive and weight myself throughout the day. Does what you are doing help with that?

Anywho, hope you are doing well!
Old 12-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #84  

kittens: GOOD GOING! Keep up the good work. I go back and forth with the scale, if I am actively doing well with calories and exercise then I like to weigh daily. If I am in this cookie eating phase (Christmas cookies getting the best of me!) or being lackadaisical on my calories/exercise, then every other day if I am strong willed. Really - I do better w/a daily weigh in and can't obsess. Right now I have been off everything - I am running like a chicken w/my head cut off, so the scale and I meet once a week.

Slash: good that the back is settling some. Who needs that?

Hello all!

AM:
Arctic freeze commencing - it was horrible standing for the school bus pickup today - I had bundled up, but as I age I hate the bitter cold more and more. They say a possible big snow storm for this area this weekend. Good thing I just did my one amazon order for Christmas, I have only a few things left to pick up locally - mainly stocking stuffers. So that's helpful.

As I sit in an unheated space (no duct/just ambient) I am thinking of asking for an estimate to get into this house's crawl space (no current opening so I wouldn't know what they would encounter, but it would help immensely. I know it's about 300-500 to add a duct run to this area. It might just be worth it, the house is 100+ and we slowly increase her insulation as we can.

You'd think I'd be thinner with cold toes sitting here. HAH. The weight isn't moving, I had some blood testing done to see why I feel like crap - well there is a reason, I am deficient in my vitamins at least on one, and the other depending on where you are in the world (not the US but in Europe/Japan their bottom for low is much higher number for deficient) I definitely am. Perhaps when I meet w/the doctor we can come up with a game plan and get me feeling better - more energy, less sore body etc. I would like to get rid of the weight as well. So, my dears, the weight is stagnant, and yes, my cookies have been good. I aim to stop that too.

Wishing you all well!
Old 12-08-2016, 02:09 PM   #85  
Diane

Kittens: I think that it is best to weigh at the same time every day. That way, the comparison is closer. I typically like to weigh every day. I don't weigh nearly as much when I'm not on track. Like now.

Lemonthyme: Stay warm!! I have an older house too, so I understand the cool spots. I just love older homes, but sometimes on the really cold days, my blanket is my best friend!

Not much new with me. I'm not very focused on weight loss, and that's not good. But that's kind of how it is right now.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:48 PM   #86  

slash: Maybe we should start a group of perpetual weight stickers? I am the total poster child!

Hello all!

AM:
Well, I braved it up and got on the scale, I am holding at the same weight for the last 3 weeks (I try and weigh weekly). My cookie bender was bad the last few days, but otherwise I am trying to at least make my meals decent. The good news, is the cookies are gone. This weekend I should get some exercise as we are to get walloped by snow and cold and my kids enjoy playing in it now. Well that can get me doing some extra moving.

Heres to all of you in the crazy weight is steady-ain't budging stage. Enjoy your time getting ready for the holidays. I am off to go warm up, times like this I'd love a fireplace.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:30 AM   #87  
Diane

Lemonthyme: Ha, ha! Yep, I'm in that group.

Not much going on here. I am going to put off weighing until Monday. I think I am up, but we'll see. Have a good weekend all!
Old 12-09-2016, 05:17 PM   #88  

Hi Slash and Lemon! I may be moving on to the next group but I'm thinking of you both! Here's to hoping you have a good weekend. Hug!
Old 12-11-2016, 10:11 PM   #89  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

I'm working my way back to the 220's after my 2 week binge sent me hurling back to the 230's.

I can do this!!!
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #90  
Jodi

S/C/G: 285/ticker/165

Height: 5'4" - 47 years old

Hi Ladies!

I'm lurking, I hope to be here soon! I just got to 241! Whoop, whoop! The 230s will look so much better to me! Hope to see you soon!
NurseMom1223 is offline   Reply With Quote