Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 06:24 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 243/218/130

Height: 5ft 3in

IamPowerful - my prayers are with you family member, her baby and you.

Lionessavc - your scales story made me smile because I definitely do the same thing, and move the scales a couple of inches either side of my usual spot to improve my result but if the number is bad the infernal thing gets moved all around the bathroom! I have found the spot of doom, by the towel rail, where I always weigh 2lbs (at least) heavier than anywhere else.

DayDreamer26 - I think we have the same scales

I have noticed that I always suck my tummy in and throw my shoulders back when I weigh myself and I can't stop doing it - it's good posture but I know it has absolutely no effect whatsoever on the numbers - unlike on my old manual scales where leaning forward helped significantly

Start Weight: 18th November 2015 - 243lbs
2016: 1st January - 219lbs
31st January - 213lbs (-6, which is okay but my target was 8lbs)

Goal Weight: 29th February - 205lbs

01: 213.4
02: 213.4
03: 211.8
04: 211.6
05:

My positives this year:
1) I have moved down a jeans size
2) my tummy no longer touches the steering wheel when I have the seat in the highest position - this made me unreasonably happy
3) the belt that I couldn't fasten at all (let's be honest the end of the belt just about touched the buckle if I breathed in) is now comfortable on the second hole in

Sometimes it's the silly little things that keep me going
Old 02-04-2016, 06:53 PM   #92  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

bookwyrn, I noticed on the show I was watching the lady raised her arms straight up. I meant to try that this morning to see what it did but I forgot Good job on the 6lbs GONE in January and on your progress this month Those are great NSV's and they are not silly at all I was happy the first time I put on pantyhose. I would always wear knee highs because I couldn't reach my feet due to my belly.

ok here's my update ... minus .4 due to lack of rest I'm sure because had I slept longer I'm sure the scale would have at least given me a .8 down . No gym today, I was just about out of gas (the gas in the city I live in is ridiculous) I get gas near work but went to the gym and forgot yesterday until that orange/yellow light came on this morning I missed lunch altogether due to needing sleep. I had a smoothie way home from picking up my son, then dinner was 12 asparagus spears w/margarine and chicken salad w/onion, celery and mayo (I guess the smoothie was technically part of dinner). Weigh in 169.9

Last edited by love2b150; 02-04-2016 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:09 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

February Goal- 237# or lower. Lower would be awesome, but I have a lot of things going on on the home front still. Starting weight taken Jan. 29: 245#. I weigh only once a week otherwise I get "obsessed" about the scale. I take it out on Friday AMs only!!!

01- GYM DAY...3.5 miles on treadmill 1% @ 3MPH. Strength train: arms, abs, buns
02- 2.5 mile walk. Strength train: legs
03- GYM DAY...3.5 miles on treadmill 2% @ 3MPH. Strength train: arms, buns
04- 4.75 mile walk. Strength train abs, legs.
Tomorrow AM I weigh in, but since I have a really full schedule tomorrow probably won't post til afternoon or evening.

What's up...hubby has a heart condition that requires pacemaker & blood thinners. His INR #, which basically looks at how thin your blood is & whether you might be a candidate for a stroke, has been like nearly 3X where it should be. So we've been battling to get it back down & I've been on stroke watch for the last 4 days. UGH!
Then I went & saw my eye doctor. I have macular degeneration & it's getting worse. I was diagnosed about 3 years ago & it doesn't appear that the drops, vitamins/minerals are working. It's sent me kind of into a tailspin. I have sooo much I want to do & SEE on my bucket list!! Honestly, I've been crying over it because I think that I won't have the $$, time or my hubby's health in a spot where I can fulfill some of them.
I also haven't been able to tell ANYONE about it, because I have a really hard time admitting it to myself. And I DO NOT want anyone to feel sorry for me...it was my own doing. I didn't take care of my eyes or even my skin when I was younger & the piper is saying you're gonna pay up in the end. It just sucks cause I love taking pictures out in nature. I take my camera with me everywhere I go!! ABC as my eldest brother taught me...Always Bring Camera!! Never know what you may see.
Okay, I'm through feeling bad. I've got a lot of stuff I want to do...and I'll do my damnedest to get it done!!

BE HEALTHY! BE GOOD TO YOURSELF! YOU CAN DO THIS!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:39 PM   #94  
~Rennie

MrsTryingAgain, you have a lot on your plate. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's heart and your eyes. Praying for healing for you both I have a friend who has liver cancer stage 4 and he always tells me to take care of me because hind site is 20/20. Back in the mid 90's when he would say that almost daily about something it would drive me nuts but now I get it. We must take care of ourselves, go to the doctor, be healthy and yes, we can do it Get'r done Lady What does your 1% and 2% mean beside your treadmill time?

Last edited by love2b150; 02-04-2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:58 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

January was quite good till the last few days. At least it should be downhill from here!

SW; 182
GW (for Feb): 175

1st - 182 ( 2 lbs up from yesterday!)
2nd - 180.75 (the sudden surge up over the last few days is heading back down thank goodness)
3rd - 180.25
4th - 180
5th - 179.75
Old 02-05-2016, 06:09 AM   #96  
Lisa

S/C/G: 302.3/292.8/135

Height: 5'7"

Guess I've been posting under the wrong thread. No wonder it felt lonely LOL

Goal for the month- 283

01:
02:
03:Joined 3FC 302.3
04: 298.7
05: 293.9

I made it all the way through yesterday....I'm pretty sure I can do it again today!
Old 02-05-2016, 06:46 AM   #97  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessavc View Post
Good Thursday Morning Everybody!! We are doing great! Did well on my calories again, stayed up late working and had a cup of coffee. I had the room to spare in my calories but I really didn't want to spare it. I wanted the bigger deficit in MFP. I did anyway because I needed it as I was going to be working late. Not much sleep today though about 5 hours. My scale was playing with me today. 304.8 yesterday...this morning I saw 304.6, 303.2, 303.6 several times, 305.8 ( I was like No, can't be with this one) 304.6, 303.6 again and 303.8. I just settled on 304 I guess. Thank God my hubby was still asleep, I'm sure I looked pretty crazy getting on and off the scale like 10 times in a few minutes. Maybe I should get a new scale....
I hate getting those fluctuating few numbers. Just take the lowest one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDreamer26 View Post
I found this .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ6-nCLeDsI
Watch it, it's hilarious!! It's a parody of Adele's Hello (Diet related). :P
LOL that was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
ok here's my update ... minus .4 due to lack of rest I'm sure because had I slept longer I'm sure the scale would have at least given me a .8 down . No gym today, I was just about out of gas (the gas in the city I live in is ridiculous) I get gas near work but went to the gym and forgot yesterday until that orange/yellow light came on this morning I missed lunch altogether due to needing sleep. I had a smoothie way home from picking up my son, then dinner was 12 asparagus spears w/margarine and chicken salad w/onion, celery and mayo (I guess the smoothie was technically part of dinner). Weigh in 169.9
You didn't do too bad! That smoothie sounds really good *mouth waters*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volatis View Post
January was quite good till the last few days. At least it should be downhill from here!

SW; 182

2nd - 180.75 (the sudden surge up over the last few days is heading back down thank goodness)
3rd - 180.25
4th - 180
5th - 179.75
I was about to say downhill sounds terrible...then I realized you were referring to weight loss Here's to another great month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM2016 View Post

Goal for the month- 283

01:
02:

I made it all the way through yesterday....I'm pretty sure I can do it again today!
LOL, welcome to the thread!

Alright, I'm doing a twice a week weigh in this week. Thanks TOM...

2/3: 229.6
2/5: 226.0

Last edited by ap14; 02-05-2016 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:30 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

Height: 5'8"

Hi Renine

The show is " My diet is better then yours".

February Goal- 286 Lbs

01- 292.2 lbs
02- 291.5 lbs
03- 292.4 lbs
04- 290.6 lbs
05- 291.0 lbs

Last edited by bigjoe; 02-05-2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:24 AM   #99  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Quote:
imthegoddess, there is no long term contract. There is nothing else in walking distance. We only have 1 car, and I don't think I am ready to venture on busses yet... I'll get lost I guarantee it. They have a Free session so you can try it out, but I am terrified of even trying that.
My positives this year:
1) I have moved down a jeans size
2) my tummy no longer touches the steering wheel when I have the seat in the highest position - this made me unreasonably happy
3) the belt that I couldn't fasten at all (let's be honest the end of the belt just about touched the buckle if I breathed in) is now comfortable on the second hole in

Sometimes it's the silly little things that keep me going
Ah, we you have nothing to lose then. If you need a break every 2 minutes, next time it will be significantly longer intervals before you need a break. I went out with some friends, and they were talking about this new workout place here called Orange Theory, and your work out sounds kinda like that. Good luck. Great NSVs there. Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTryingAgain View Post
February Goal- 237# or lower. Lower would be awesome, but I have a lot of things going on on the home front still. Starting weight taken Jan. 29: 245#. I weigh only once a week otherwise I get "obsessed" about the scale. I take it out on Friday AMs only!!!

What's up...hubby has a heart condition that requires pacemaker & blood thinners. His INR #, which basically looks at how thin your blood is & whether you might be a candidate for a stroke, has been like nearly 3X where it should be. So we've been battling to get it back down & I've been on stroke watch for the last 4 days. UGH!
Then I went & saw my eye doctor. I have macular degeneration & it's getting worse. I was diagnosed about 3 years ago & it doesn't appear that the drops, vitamins/minerals are working. It's sent me kind of into a tailspin. I have sooo much I want to do & SEE on my bucket list!! Honestly, I've been crying over it because I think that I won't have the $$, time or my hubby's health in a spot where I can fulfill some of them.
I also haven't been able to tell ANYONE about it, because I have a really hard time admitting it to myself. And I DO NOT want anyone to feel sorry for me...it was my own doing. I didn't take care of my eyes or even my skin when I was younger & the piper is saying you're gonna pay up in the end. It just sucks cause I love taking pictures out in nature. I take my camera with me everywhere I go!! ABC as my eldest brother taught me...Always Bring Camera!! Never know what you may see.
Okay, I'm through feeling bad. I've got a lot of stuff I want to do...and I'll do my damnedest to get it done!!
Strokes are scary things. My hubby is on blood thinners too. He had back surgery in the summer, and got a huge blood clot afterwards in his leg. Actually, it was his whole leg. That is a really scary thing. I wasn't aware you could do anything that would cause MD, I thought it was genetic or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volatis View Post

SW; 182

3rd - 180.25
4th - 180
5th - 179.75
You're steadily moving down, congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM2016 View Post

Goal for the month- 283

01:
02:

WOWwhat are you doing to get those huge losses?

Last edited by imthegoddess; 02-05-2016 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:27 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Morning
I was completely expecting a gain this morning. Went out for dinner with the hubby and Peanut last night, and while I was there, I realized that the water I was having with dinner was the first time I actually had water all day. Brutal and completely unlike me. Happily I'm down 2.8 and chugging water like there's no tomorrow.

01~ 210.6
02~ 208.6 (-2.0)
03~ 209.6 (+1.0)
04~ 212.0 (+2.4)
05~ 209.2 (-2.8)
Old 02-05-2016, 12:49 PM   #101  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Hello everyone, it's been a busy week!

I weighed in today, and lost 1.5 pounds since my last weigh in on Wednesday, and 7.4 pounds since my starting point, one week ago.

I will try to catch up on personal notes over the weekend.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:51 PM   #102  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Hello Everyone It's TGIF

Late to the check in today. I've been getting my home ready for my new dog that I'm picking up at 5p.m.

Everyone is doing so great. I'll try to come back later. If not, I'll be back tomorrow.

hi all around. Enjoy your weekend and keep up the good work!

Last edited by lovemylife001; 02-05-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:02 PM   #103  
Andando...

love2b150, the thing it... I want to. I want to be fit and toned. But I am terrified at the same time. I keep telling myself, ok so what if you can't keep up the first session or the one after that and even the one after that..... If you keep going you WILL be able to. But I am shy and I am still scared. Grats on the loss!! You need to rest a bit more though!

bookwyrm, I think that's most scales hahaha. My theory is that they do that on purpose so you don't get like 50 different weights, so it makes the scale more precise. You are doing GREAT btw!! Keep going. We will be DIFFERENT people by the end of 2016!!

LM2016, welcome!!!

ap14, I KNOW!!! I saw it on my FB feed and I felt SOOO identified I had to share it here! :P Might just end up being my favorite song from now on!

imthegoddess, Only half that post is mine ! Hahaha The part that says my positives this year is from bookwyrm! I know you are right about not having anything to lose, but I am a scaredy cat. I will try to call sometime today... see if I can make an apt.

Kukkie84, grats!

Angie, 7.4 lbs is AWESOME! You are a rockstar!!!

Okay... Sigh ME...
I feel like CRAP. So, last night I was on my laptop in bed, about to get ready to go to sleep and then I start having this pain in my chest. It was in between my breast like where your sternum is, but towards the end of it. It started mildly, I went on with my before bed routine and as I finished brushing my teeth I look at my husband and I am like, I can't take this anymore. The pain escalated horribly! It was mainly in that same spot but it kind of expanded under my breasts and from the center down to almost my belly button, like a T. The pain was like contractions or spasm it was dull and they came and went (never completly, but they would diminish a bit) so it would go from unbearable pain to pretty bad pain. So it was like past midnight, so 3-4 in the morning for my parents... but I called anyway. My dad couldn't pin point what it was other than maybe a tummy charlie horse or something of the sort. It sure felt like it. After about 30 or more minutes it just went down and dissapeared... I had been in so much pain my whole body was shivering even after it went away.

My dad suggested to sleep with a warm compress in my tummy just in case. It was horrible thankfully that was it, it didn't come back. My tummy has been feeling odd though... even now. Didn't get out of bed until 12... I have had my lunch in front of me for the past hour and it only has 2 bites less. I am not in pain, but my stomach feels odd, I am not sure how to describe it...

Anyway... that's how my day started. I am at 208.8 lbs though which means I dropped 1.7 and reached my first mini goal... How sad is it that I don't even feel in the mood to celebrate that... Oh well, I will be back later I guess...

Take care

Last edited by DayDreamer26; 02-05-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:04 PM   #104  
~Rennie

Volatis, nice weigh in

Lisa and to the thread You are doing really well. Keep up the good work Hope you make it through the day What are you doing to achieve your goals?

ap14, when I use to get the different numbers on my old scale. I would take the highest or the number that came up a few times that way (hopefully) the next day would be lower I think I am addicted to smoothies. I'm starting to think it was a mistake for me to ever go into Tropical Smoothie. If I could just perfect mine I'd be good. I can't figure out what they do other than chop everything up Nice weigh in, Keep up the good work

Ok Joe I'm gonna look for it the next time I'm off hopefully it's on-demand and free have you seen fit to fat to fit yet? It's really good (at least I think so). Have you learned anything from your show that you would like to share? Hoping that small up is gone tomorrow and you are in a new decade my friend

imthegoddess, tell us about the Orange Theory, please Sorry to hear about the blood clot, I pray all is better now

Kukkie, nice drop Lady I have done that so many times ... opened a bottle of water and then realize that is the first bottle I've had all day. Then I try to drink a few more, which leads to a bloat in the a.m. not to mention going to the bathroom the entire time I should be sleeping

GO Angie You are working your plan for sure on the 7.4lbs GONE

Trina I'm sorry call me an airhead ... are you getting a puppy or a full grown dog? I'm sure you told us but I don't remember Enjoy your new fur-baby and put up everything you think she might chew on

DayDreamer, I am the same way where group things are concerned. I always try to get in the back which puts me in the front when they turn around . I know that practice makes perfect but I don't want to wear myself out getting to perfection (I guess I want easy) which doesn't cut it Thanks on the loss and yes I definitely need more rest Sorry about your stomach, ouch glad it went away. Have you tried to eat anything else? what about water? hope it doesn't come back

Down .8 to 169.1 ... it's slowing down now. I actually sped up the treadmill today but I can only jog for almost a minute (I think) so I am back to where I started in 2012. I'm working on it. They have an area for women only and it has one treadmill. As long as I can get on the treadmill in there I will keep attempting to improve my speed

B~ 80/20 burger w/ American slice and mustard
S/L~ grapes about 1.5 cups, smoothie from the smoothie king (I'm not even sure what was in it) kale, mango, and I don't know what else
gym, 1.82 miles, burned 218.9 calories, 35 minutes treadmill (I thought the burn should have been more but oh well) machines

I haven't had anything else to eat and I'm not hungry ... actually I'm a lot mad. My daughter not listening once again, put her iphone in her gym locker (no lock) comes back to the locker, back pack zipper open in the front, phone gone! So someone actually knew she put the phone in there. She can't remember her sign on for icloud so we can't locate the phone. Thank goodness it's her brothers old phone but still it's an iphone still selling for about $200. I'm so so angry.

Last edited by love2b150; 02-06-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:58 PM   #105  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylife001 View Post
Hello Everyone It's TGIF

Late to the check in today. I've been getting my home ready for my new dog that I'm picking up at 5p.m.

Everyone is doing so great. I'll try to come back later. If not, I'll be back tomorrow.

hi all around. Enjoy your weekend and keep up the good work!
Dog!!! Post pictures when you can!

Quote:

Okay... Sigh ME...
I feel like CRAP. So, last night I was on my laptop in bed, about to get ready to go to sleep and then I start having this pain in my chest. It was in between my breast like where your sternum is, but towards the end of it. It started mildly, I went on with my before bed routine and as I finished brushing my teeth I look at my husband and I am like, I can't take this anymore. The pain escalated horribly! It was mainly in that same spot but it kind of expanded under my breasts and from the center down to almost my belly button, like a T. The pain was like contractions or spasm it was dull and they came and went (never completly, but they would diminish a bit) so it would go from unbearable pain to pretty bad pain. So it was like past midnight, so 3-4 in the morning for my parents... but I called anyway. My dad couldn't pin point what it was other than maybe a tummy charlie horse or something of the sort. It sure felt like it. After about 30 or more minutes it just went down and dissapeared... I had been in so much pain my whole body was shivering even after it went away.

My dad suggested to sleep with a warm compress in my tummy just in case. It was horrible thankfully that was it, it didn't come back. My tummy has been feeling odd though... even now. Didn't get out of bed until 12... I have had my lunch in front of me for the past hour and it only has 2 bites less. I am not in pain, but my stomach feels odd, I am not sure how to describe it...

Anyway... that's how my day started. I am at 208.8 lbs though which means I dropped 1.7 and reached my first mini goal... How sad is it that I don't even feel in the mood to celebrate that... Oh well, I will be back later I guess...

Take care
I get those a lot, but they usually stop when I stop breathing (if that makes any sense). I call them breathing pains LOL I read somewhere that it's the skin/tissue on your lung getting stuck in your rib or something? No idea, doubt that was true. I usually try rubbing it deeply to dull it away or I just cringe until it goes away

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post

ap14, when I use to get the different numbers on my old scale. I would take the highest or the number that came up a few times that way (hopefully) the next day would be lower I think I am addicted to smoothies. I'm starting to think it was a mistake for me to ever go into Tropical Smoothie. If I could just perfect mine I'd be good. I can't figure out what they do other than chop everything up Nice weigh in, Keep up the good work

Down .8 to 169.1 ... it's slowing down now. I actually sped up the treadmill today but I can only jog for almost a minute (I think) so I am back to where I started in 2012. I'm working on it. They have an area for women only and it has one treadmill. As long as I can get on the treadmill in there I will keep attempting to improve my speed

B~ 80/20 burger w/ American slice and mustard
S/L~ grapes about 1.5 cups, smoothie from the smoothie king (I'm not even sure what was in it) kale, mango, and I don't know what else
gym, 1.82 miles, burned 218.9 calories, 35 minutes treadmill (I thought the burn should have been more but oh well) machines

I haven't had anything else to eat and I'm not hungry ... actually I'm a lot mad. My daughter not listening once again, put her iphone in her gym locker (no lock) comes back to the locker, back pack zipper open in the front, phone gone! So someone actually knew she put the phone in there. She can't remember her sign on for icloud so we can't locate the phone. Thank goodness it's her brothers old phone but still it's an iphone still selling for about $200. I'm so so angry.
That's a brilliant idea! But then I feel bad that I went up LOL

Suggestion - make sure you aren't consuming a ton of sugar with the smoothies. Too much sugar turns to fat if you don't use it right away (of course...can't even enjoy a nice fruity drink I hate how the body works)

Oh no...I hope she gets the phone back if possible. Just keep trying passwords! If the person tries to clear the phone and sell it, it'll be icloud locked anyway and they won't get anywhere. Any security cameras around the area or no? Also, if you have insurance on the phone through your wireless provider, they may be able to cover a stolen device. I'd definitely check into that and shut off the number/suspend the line asap. Try calling it and see if someone picks up LOL But yeah, see if the phone company can possibly locate it? They may be able to with some magical phone company power
Closed Thread