03: 211.8
04: 211.6
05: 211.4
06:
Old 02-05-2016, 09:36 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

all,

Just a quick check in for me as well. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was hit hard with a stomach virus that lasted from early Sunday morning to mid week I'm just now starting to feel like myself again. Food has been completely inconsistent, eating only when I could, and then only what I could keep down. My weight before getting ill was at 210 and today it is at 204. Don't let anyone tell you that the 'Popsicle and tangerine diet doesn't work' We'll see how things shake out now that regular food can be integrated back into my diet. TOM arrived today so it will be interesting to see how my body responds to all of this.

Have a great evening everyone
Old 02-06-2016, 01:04 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

Emotions are settling back down. For those praying for my sweet family members, here is the update. Swelling in babie's brain went down and they warmed her back up today. She is still in the NICU but since they warmed her up, mom was finally able to hold her. Tomorrow she gets an MRI and we are hoping for minimal to no brain damage. You all are wonderful and thank you.

I've got a little virus thing going on and so I haven't done my best this week in addition to crazy emotions but I got on the scale today and at least I haven't gained anything I'll check in again tomorrow and see what y'all have been up to. Tomorrow's goal is 1)no emotional eating 2) sick or no sick at least try and walk

Daydreamerkind of reminds me of a gall bladder attack. Maybe you passed a stone.

to all
Old 02-06-2016, 02:32 AM   #109  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

ap14, I was a little worried about the sugar in the smoothies but when I remember to tell them no turbinado I'm good. I'm finding that splenda is getting sweeter and sweeter in my opinion so I just go with the fruit that I use for taste. Tropical smoothie is good also where that's concerned. I noticed yesterday that smoothie king uses a lot of juice so not good for a diabetic and the only veggies they use are kale and carrots ... not healthy IMO but they use a lot of supplements which they sell.

What upsets me more (re: the phone) is these people (so called parents) teach their children to steal knowingly. When my children have brought things home that they have found I have made them take it back/turn it in. If they get money from another student for whatever reason I make them give it back if in elementary or middle school because those children don't work, it is money from their parents. I explain to them that it is clearly a misunderstanding and the kid will later want their money so give it back. I have found wallets and contacted the people. I just don't see taking from others what you can earn or get on your own, people need to have a conscious. But thanks for caring and listening

ok be back later, time to go to work

Last edited by love2b150; 02-06-2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:30 AM   #110  
Andando...

love2b150, well it haven't been back thus far. Grats on the loss! Sorry about the phone, kids these days have no morals or principles.

ap14, you get them alot?! Poor you, this was horrid. Wouldn't go away no matter what.

I am powerful, I think it would be too high for it to be a kidney stone. It was right in my low chest/upper abdomen. I am pretty sure kidney stones are way lower.

I have been feeling pretty icky all day. Didn't feel like making dinner sooo ... Jack in the box it was, burger + curly fries and 1 taco... I am a PIG. Oink also had 1 skinny cow ice cream after dinner Oink... Went over my calories, 350
over. Oh well... I hope it wasn't enough for a gain, but it wasn't just extra calories it was pretty bad food too! Anyway, see you all tomorrow. I am exhausted.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:14 AM   #111  
Lisa

S/C/G: 302.3/292.8/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm a candy addict....Yesterday I went to the store with the family and didn't buy any. Instead I bought some 100 calorie cups of fruit. This was a HUGE deal for me.

Last night hubby brought home Chinese food and I only ate 1/2 of it.

These decisions are so incredibly hard for me, now being the next day I'm so excited that I made it through-especially since the scale read a little lower today too.

I can finally breath with out being "weezy"...My what a difference just a few pounds makes!

Goal for the month- 283

01:
02:
03:Joined 3FC 302.3
04: 298.7
05: 293.9
06: 292.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthegoddess View Post
WOWwhat are you doing to get those huge losses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Lisa and to the thread You are doing really well. Keep up the good work Hope you make it through the day What are you doing to achieve your goals?
I eliminated most sugar and only eat a few carbs, went from sitting on my butt 99.9% of the time (I had to walk to the bathroom,ya know to walking 20-30 minutes a day with Leslie Sansone. I also went down to 1400 calories...I'm really not sure what I was at before starting but I know it had to be really, really high since I was eating and drinking stuff with sugar in it constantly.

I read that thirst can mimic hunger so I started drinking more water especially during those times where all of a sudden out of nowhere feel completely famished. Seems to be working. I was living on coffee with sugar in it for most of the day. I also, now start the day with some protein for breakfast (2 eggs and no carbs) instead of boxed cereal. Seems to hold off those hunger pangs more too.

IMTHEGODDESS- Praying for you!
Old 02-06-2016, 08:22 AM   #112  
Gizmo

LM2016 you seem to be doing all the right things and making all the right choices, great for you!

Daydreamer26 hope you will feel better soon I used to get Charley horses in my calves, if it was how it felt in your chest, I can't even imagine how you got through the pain.

I am powerful that's a good goal to set for yourself to get back to it, take care of yourself in this trying time. It warmed my heart to know that the mother got to hold her daughter finally. Still keeping everyone in my thoughts.

curvynotlumpy glad to know that you are finally getting over that bug.

MrsTryingAgain you are so right about taking care of your health, it's the most precious thing we have. Hope your husband's condition is improving

loveofmylife001 how was your first night with your new furry friend?

So it's been a blah week for me. Since Tuesday, I've been fighting off a head cold and sore throat and just not trying very hard at anything in regards to losing weight. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to breathe properly so I can exercise and get my weightloss back on track.

And yesterday I had a scare with my car brakes going into work, turned around and went straight to the dealership and thank goodness it was only a malfunctionning sensor and the warranty on the car ends on February 21st, so it didn't cost anything. Since I only started driving 3 years ago, car troubles are new to me and freak me out.

Hope everyone will enjoy their weekend.

01: 231.6
02: 231.2
03: 230.2
04: 229.8
05: 230.2
06: 231.2
Old 02-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #113  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
all,

Just a quick check in for me as well. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was hit hard with a stomach virus that lasted from early Sunday morning to mid week I'm just now starting to feel like myself again. Food has been completely inconsistent, eating only when I could, and then only what I could keep down. My weight before getting ill was at 210 and today it is at 204. Don't let anyone tell you that the 'Popsicle and tangerine diet doesn't work' We'll see how things shake out now that regular food can be integrated back into my diet. TOM arrived today so it will be interesting to see how my body responds to all of this.

I'll have to try that diet LOL Glad you're feeling better...except for that darn TOM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am powerful View Post
Emotions are settling back down. For those praying for my sweet family members, here is the update. Swelling in babie's brain went down and they warmed her back up today. She is still in the NICU but since they warmed her up, mom was finally able to hold her. Tomorrow she gets an MRI and we are hoping for minimal to no brain damage. You all are wonderful and thank you.

I've got a little virus thing going on and so I haven't done my best this week in addition to crazy emotions but I got on the scale today and at least I haven't gained anything I'll check in again tomorrow and see what y'all have been up to. Tomorrow's goal is 1)no emotional eating 2) sick or no sick at least try and walk
I must have missed the previous post - I'm so glad that the baby is improving! Sending prayers and hugs your way

Quote:
ap14, I was a little worried about the sugar in the smoothies but when I remember to tell them no turbinado I'm good. I'm finding that splenda is getting sweeter and sweeter in my opinion so I just go with the fruit that I use for taste. Tropical smoothie is good also where that's concerned. I noticed yesterday that smoothie king uses a lot of juice so not good for a diabetic and the only veggies they use are kale and carrots ... not healthy IMO but they use a supplements which they sell.

What upsets me more is these people (so called parents) teach their children to steal knowingly. When my children have brought things home that they have found I have made them take it back/turn it in. If they get money from another student for whatever reason I make them give it back if in elementary or middle school because those children don't work, it is money from their parents. I explain to them that it is clearly a misunderstanding and the kid will later want their money so give it back. I have found wallets and contacted the people. I just don't see taking from others what you can earn or get on your own, people need to have a conscious. But thanks for caring and listening

ok be back later, time to go to work
Kale and carrots...mmm...my favorite I'm not sure if we have those here actually. Tropical Smoothie I believe we do, but I don't think we have Smoothie King. We have Robek's though and that's along the same lines of smoothies. I haven't been there since I broke my ankle LOL

I don't understand it either. It's disgusting. I see it happen too and I'm in college! It's not like the real world changes much...stealing cars, robbing a bank, etc. I just wish people would learn eventually that stealing won't get you anywhere.

Have you been able to find the phone at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDreamer26 View Post

ap14, you get them alot?! Poor you, this was horrid. Wouldn't go away no matter what.

I have been feeling pretty icky all day. Didn't feel like making dinner sooo ... Jack in the box it was, burger + curly fries and 1 taco... I am a PIG. Oink also had 1 skinny cow ice cream after dinner Oink... Went over my calories, 350
over. Oh well... I hope it wasn't enough for a gain, but it wasn't just extra calories it was pretty bad food too! Anyway, see you all tomorrow. I am exhausted.
They are awful. I think the longest one I've had was probably about 15mins. But for me, they're "breathing pains". Like when I stop breathing they go away. But when I breathe again, they come right back. I have no idea what causes it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM2016 View Post
I'm a candy addict....Yesterday I went to the store with the family and didn't buy any. Instead I bought some 100 calorie cups of fruit. This was a HUGE deal for me.

Last night hubby brought home Chinese food and I only ate 1/2 of it.

These decisions are so incredibly hard for me, now being the next day I'm so excited that I made it through-especially since the scale read a little lower today too.

I can finally breath with out being "weezy"...My what a difference just a few pounds makes!

Goal for the month- 283

01:
02:
03:Joined 3FC 302.3
04: 298.7
05: 293.9
06: 292.8
Woo hoo! Great job with the candy and Chinese food! Small victories are the best

I agree with the being wheezy. Last night, I took 2 5lb weights and held them. I couldn't believe that was 10lbs! I was like, "Wow, just think...I have 8 of these pairs. My poor body!"

I'm headed off to the gym this morning to do my stairs. My stairs miss me LOL. I'm going back with a friend after and we're going to do some weights and medicine ball squats. Woo! Afterwards we may go and get sushi.... Don't worry...the healthy sushi in PORTIONS at the grocery store. I wanted to go to that buffet place with her, but it would end up being too much of a temptation for both of us. I figure we should just get it portioned out

Last edited by ap14; 02-06-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #114  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

bookwrym steady, good job

Curvy, glad you're feeling better Were you eating actual tangerines? Why tangerines? I understand popsicles a little (for hydration right?) 204 is great, I hope it sticks

I am powerful, so glad to hear the good new about baby and mommy praying for full recovery Hope you feel better soon, please take care of YOU

DayDreamer, hoping it doesn't come back I don't want to blame the children so much as possibly the adult(s) in their lives. I work with quite a few people that clearly come to work just to be there and get paid. People use to earn their wages. I told my supervisor and manager to take note ... I will never milk your clock. If I'm here I'm working, when the work is done and you say we can leave I am gone. I don't want to hang around here for anytime extra. We do enough overtime without that but there are some that do. Like today, two of my co-workers asked me was I leaving, ah yes ... I love going home to my family. But any who, off topic ... have a great day LOL I just looked at your posting time ... I was already at work and you're not a pig, so no more oinks Lady

Lisa those are great NSV's I'm not a candy addict as much as a junk food addict. I literally have conversations in my head or debates I should say everytime I go to the store especially where bday cake is concerned, ha cake period! I had a junk food feast from Dollar Tree the last week in January. I left work knowing I was gonna go there and get everything I wanted and I did. Did I eat it, yes most of it. I had a little to spare for the kids, smh. The first step is admitting it and that we have done, we conquered it also now we need to keep it up WE CAN, WE WILL ... right Nice weigh in, I hope you have a POP (positively on point) day Lisa I did all of the things you are doing when I first started on my journey. You are off to a great start, keep up the good work

Martine hope you feel better soon Wow on the car and how great is it that the sensor is still under warranty

ap14, no I just got home from work and I'm trying to not still be upset about it since (it's just a phone, right?) but she won't get another one until she can earn it. She's spoiled like the rest of our children and if they would just listen they wouldn't have the issues that they have. I still can't understand why she didn't put in her school locker (like she was supposed to) or put it in her purse. Tropical Smoothie is much healthier because they use real fruit and veggies, not juices. I love spinach in all of my smoothies. I have even had them with beets which I love also. I've had those breathing pains before. I never called them anything. I told my husband it felt like someone was twisting something in me as in to wring it out. They do go away if you stop breathing ... are we crazy??? Enjoy your workouts and yay on the decision to buy sushi in portions

ok back home from work ... I have tomorrow off, so happy. My husband and I have decided this would be our Valentine weekend since we don't know what our schedules will be like next weekend. It'll just be he and I time ... it's been forever since that has happened

oh weigh in today down .8 to 168.3

Last edited by love2b150; 02-06-2016 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #115  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Red face

Thanks for starting this thread Rennie! I have been offline due to computer problems. I wasn't counting calories so weight is up. I did get to the gym and do weights and cardio. February will be a challenging month. Valentine's Day, Our anniversary, and a few other events. Good Luck, Everyone!

Lowest weight in 2016: 194.2 on 2/19/2016

SW: 196.6 CW: 197.6 (+ 1) GW: 187 I will be down 75 LBS from highest weight.

1. No weigh in.
2. No weigh in.
3. No weigh in.
4. No weigh in.
5. No weigh in.
6. 196.6
7. No weigh in.
8. No weigh in.
9. No weigh in.
10. No weigh in.
11. 196.2 (-.4)
12. No weigh in.
13. 196.6
14. No weigh in.
15. No weigh in.
16. 195.8 (- .8)
17. 195.8 ( -.8)
18. 194.4 (- 2.2)
19. 194.2 (- 2.4)
20. 194.8 (- 1.8)
21. No weigh in.
22. No weigh in.
23. No weigh in.
24. No weigh in.
25. No weigh in.
26. No weigh in.
27. 197.6 (+ 1)

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: + 1 LBS

Last edited by VickieLou; 02-27-2016 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Add Information and Weigh in.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:07 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

daydreamergall bladder stones, not kidney stones. The pain comes in waves like contractions, it starts up high and travels down.

Love2b150 I hope you have a really nice weekend with your hubby and yeah for your down, your doing really well!

Martine feel better soon, sorry you're sick thank you for your thoughts, I started crying when they told me she was finally getting to hold her baby. It's just fabulous.

Ap14 thx for your thoughts yay for your gym time. You amaze me with your stair climbing.

lm2016 those are hard decisions to make but they are exactly the ones that will keep you healthy and at a good bmi in the long run. Yay you!
Old 02-06-2016, 01:04 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

@Rennie: Firstly, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's phone. I'd be hopping mad as well. Secondly, it's true; Popsicles and tangerines. Broth and chicken soup were a little too heavy at the time. Popsicles helped with dehydration and the cold felt good on the back of my throat from all the dry heaving. Citrus has always been good to me when I've had stomach viruses and seems to energize me. Unfortunately, this kind of 'quick release' weight loss is rarely permanent

@I am powerful: I'm late in sending well wishes, prayers and good thoughts for your family, especially the new mom and her little one Thank you for keeping us updated.

@Skinnyme2:

@MrsTryingAgain: I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's heart troubles and your eye issues. Those are things that just rock a person to their foundation. My prayers for healing and peace at this time go out to you both

@LM2016: Glad you found us

@Volatis, Angie, bigjoe and Kukkie84: on the losses and your consistency. Great work all around

As for me, it's time to get back on the good eating and exercise wagon. I'm actually looking forward to that!

and happy Saturday to all!
Old 02-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #118  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
imthegoddess, tell us about the Orange Theory, please Sorry to hear about the blood clot, I pray all is better now

Down .8 to 169.1 ... it's slowing down now. I actually sped up the treadmill today but I can only jog for almost a minute (I think) so I am back to where I started in 2012. I'm working on it. They have an area for women only and it has one treadmill. As long as I can get on the treadmill in there I will keep attempting to improve my speed

I haven't had anything else to eat and I'm not hungry ... actually I'm a lot mad. My daughter not listening once again, put her iphone in her gym locker (no lock) comes back to the locker, back pack zipper open in the front, phone gone! So someone actually knew she put the phone in there. She can't remember her sign on for icloud so we can't locate the phone. Thank goodness it's her brothers old phone but still it's an iphone still selling for about $200. I'm so so angry.
http://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/

The blood clot is all better thanks to science and blood thinners. He goes in next week for another spine injection, and hopefully he will be able to go back to work.

Great Job on the treadmill. I need to buy a piece of exercise equipment for the house. I'm thinking an elliptical since we both enjoyed using them before.

As for the phone, sorry to hear about that. I think when my youngest was a Freshman, he had his nook in his backpack, and poof, it was gone. The boys were able to log in and disable it, so it was no use to the person who took it. Things like that piss me off so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
all,

I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Quote:

to all
I'm glad to hear positive things for the baby and mother. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM2016 View Post
I eliminated most sugar and only eat a few carbs, went from sitting on my butt 99.9% of the time (I had to walk to the bathroom,ya know to walking 20-30 minutes a day with Leslie Sansone. I also went down to 1400 calories...I'm really not sure what I was at before starting but I know it had to be really, really high since I was eating and drinking stuff with sugar in it constantly.

I read that thirst can mimic hunger so I started drinking more water especially during those times where all of a sudden out of nowhere feel completely famished. Seems to be working. I was living on coffee with sugar in it for most of the day. I also, now start the day with some protein for breakfast (2 eggs and no carbs) instead of boxed cereal. Seems to hold off those hunger pangs more too.
Great job, and great job on the nsv! I'm definitely a protein girl. I need them in the morning to make it until lunch. Carbs don't do that for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
So it's been a blah week for me. Since Tuesday, I've been fighting off a head cold and sore throat and just not trying very hard at anything in regards to losing weight. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to breathe properly so I can exercise and get my weightloss back on track.

And yesterday I had a scare with my car brakes going into work, turned around and went straight to the dealership and thank goodness it was only a malfunctionning sensor and the warranty on the car ends on February 21st, so it didn't cost anything. Since I only started driving 3 years ago, car troubles are new to me and freak me out.
I'm sorry you are not felling well. Take care of yourself. I'm glad there was nothing serious with your brakes.

Quote:
ok back home from work ... I have tomorrow off, so happy. My husband and I have decided this would be our Valentine weekend since we don't know what our schedules will be like next weekend. It'll just be he and I time ... it's been forever since that has happened
Enjoy your date weekend.

We've got a busy weekend. We are having some remodeling done, and they are demoing our master (laugh if you could see it) bath on Monday. Then we will be down to one toilet for 4 people until they rehook up the downstairs one. We have to buy paint and tile this weekend. And, we have to clear out our bathroom. Fun times!

I hope everyone who is feeling sick feels better soon. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by imthegoddess; 02-06-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:36 PM   #119  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Quote:

ap14, no I just got home from work and I'm trying to not still be upset about it since (it's just a phone, right?) but she won't get another one until she can earn it. She's spoiled like the rest of our children and if they would just listen they wouldn't have the issues that they have. I still can't understand why she didn't put in her school locker (like she was supposed to) or put it in her purse. Tropical Smoothie is much healthier because they use real fruit and veggies, not juices. I love spinach in all of my smoothies. I have even had them with beets which I love also. I've had those breathing pains before. I never called them anything. I told my husband it felt like someone was twisting something in me as in to wring it out. They do go away if you stop breathing ... are we crazy??? Enjoy your workouts and yay on the decision to buy sushi in portions

oh weigh in today down .8 to 168.3
Kids do crazy things sometimes. But you'd think with a phone you would be more careful with it...

Quote:

Ap14 thx for your thoughts yay for your gym time. You amaze me with your stair climbing.
LOL the stairs are the best! If you can, try them one day. They rock!

I had a great day. Did an hour-ish at the gym this morning (stairs, tried some weight machines, rowing machine) and then went to pick up my friend. Went back to the gym and did some more machines (leg press, some arm thing, leg lift thing, and the roman chair...omg that's the devil). I also tried rowing for a little longer and it was great! We also worked on some squats and a little bit of the free weights. Afterwards we went and got some sushi (I got the spicy roll and we split a package of the california roll - much deserved after some hard gym time). We went to walmart and I FOUND THE LEGGINGS I WANTED LAST WEEK!!!! I'm thinking they'll be too big (they're a 20 and I'm a 16/18 or 18/20 fingers crossed), but hey, I want to wear them LOL. I'm babysitting in a little while which will definitely be fun.

This sounds very weird, but I really want to go back to the gym and do some more working out? I don't know why...it seems like an adult playground to me now
Old 02-06-2016, 04:51 PM   #120  
Andando...

Martine, Thank you Have you tried those nose drops that help you breath? I can't live without them when I have a stuffy nose, specially before bed. I can not sleep if I can't breath!! I take my Afrin everywhere lol when I have a cold. Hope you feel better soon.

ap14, have you ever asked your doctor? I am kind of insurance-less at the moment. We enrolled in something until we can take up the ones that comes with my husband's new job (have to wait 3 months) but it won't start until next month Urg!! Awesome plan today btw!

love2b150, :P We are night owls in this house... we struggle to go to bed and to wake up hahaha. Grats on the loss! And have fun with you valentines !! Hahaha we made plans to go watch Deadpool on valentines... not a very romantic movie but I have the feeling we will both love it.

I am powerful, !! That could have been it then. I had never heard of gallbladder stones, sorry. I'll look it up.

Well, 208.3 lbs this morning. That is a stunning -0.5 lbs ... after eating a hamburger and fries AND a taco. I am happy.
Btw, I don't think I ever told you guys what I choose as my first reward. My pup (who turns 1 year tomorrow!!!!!) has chewed up ALL of my shoes and because of the financial situation we had been in (jobless) I hadn't bought any. Well, long story short, I had ordered FIVE pairs of shoes online (for like $60 which I thought was pretty cheap) and they happened to arrive the same day I reached my first goal. Sooo yeah I am a happy girl with 5 really cute shoes.
Closed Thread